• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

So... GTA V...

Is anyone else skeptical about the graphics quality in GTA V? All the videos ive seen make it look next gen and its looks amazing unlike GTA IV graphics. I feel like many will be dissapointed when its released on 8 year old hardware. TLOU looked amazing on PS3 and really pushed the system but they had the annoying blur and aliasing was awful.

There were also sections in TLOU that looked worse than COD:MW2.

Honestly, all I'd want from the graphics of GTA 5 is the same graphics as in GTA 4, with better character models. The actual stuff I'm interested in isn't really graphics related.
 
IMO the graphics they've shown this far actually look too good for the current platforms and engine.
I personally believe they're showing the PC version or the game at least running on a PC for those videos and especially the stills.
 
I'm getting this on PC without doubt it looks very promising compared to the last two which I didn't care for as much.
 
I'm getting this on PC without doubt it looks very promising compared to the last two which I didn't care for as much.

What, you didn't like constantly going to the gym in San Andreas or going bowling with Roman every 15 minutes? That's why people PLAY GTA!

Honestly, I couldn't stand that stuff, and it completely ruined me on playing GTA 4.
 
What, you didn't like constantly going to the gym in San Andreas or going bowling with Roman every 15 minutes? That's why people PLAY GTA!

Honestly, I couldn't stand that stuff, and it completely ruined me on playing GTA 4.

Agreed, I really hope that shit is gone. Granted in GTA 4 I only did it when it was forced, but it was still annoying having them bug you all the time to go do pointless, poorly executed mini games.
 
Agreed, I really hope that shit is gone. Granted in GTA 4 I only did it when it was forced, but it was still annoying having them bug you all the time to go do pointless, poorly executed mini games.

It felt like it was half the damn game. I just wanted to do some missions and do some side stuff that interested me, but no.
 
San Andreas had more side content than actual required content...and that's saying a lot because that game was massive.
GTA4's felt a little more tedious with keeping your friends happy and whatnot. There seemed to be no benefit beyond just going for achievements.
 
San Andreas had more side content than actual required content...and that's saying a lot because that game was massive.
GTA4's felt a little more tedious with keeping your friends happy and whatnot. There seemed to be no benefit beyond just going for achievements.

I felt like managing your fat levels and muscle levels in San Andreas was pretty boring, and it felt to me like, if you wanted to be able to really have any stamina or running speed, you had to keep up with it. It felt like busy work and hurt the pacing of the game.

Not nearly as "Cousin! It's your Cousin! Let's go bowling!", but still.
 
IMO the graphics they've shown this far actually look too good for the current platforms and engine.
I personally believe they're showing the PC version or the game at least running on a PC for those videos and especially the stills.

Exactly, im pretty sure everything shown as been on a PC. In a few weeks we will find out though
 
Yeah I agree. I'm not seeing how these graphics are possible on the PS3 or 360. Definitely seems like a next gen game....
 
Yeah I agree. I'm not seeing how these graphics are possible on the PS3 or 360. Definitely seems like a next gen game....

I would think they would have announced it for next gen consoles if it was coming out for them soon. Could be wrong, but I wouldn't expect the game to come out for the Xbox One or PS4 until 2nd Quarter next year at the earliest.
 
I would think they would have announced it for next gen consoles if it was coming out for them soon. Could be wrong, but I wouldn't expect the game to come out for the Xbox One or PS4 until 2nd Quarter next year at the earliest.

If I'm not mistaken Rockstar has already said that GTAV would not be coming to next gen consoles so who knows!
 
I would think they would have announced it for next gen consoles if it was coming out for them soon. Could be wrong, but I wouldn't expect the game to come out for the Xbox One or PS4 until 2nd Quarter next year at the earliest.

Could be a tactic. They don't want to hold up current gen sales. I'd guess the next gen version would launch with the PC. 6+ months down the road.
 
Could be a tactic. They don't want to hold up current gen sales. I'd guess the next gen version would launch with the PC. 6+ months down the road.

I think GTA 5 would have been a major deciding factor in getting a new console. I don't normally even like GTA games, so admiting that is almost sacrilidge, lol.
 
Yeah I agree. I'm not seeing how these graphics are possible on the PS3 or 360. Definitely seems like a next gen game....

The game play trailer looked like it was running on a PS3. If you look for the controller prompts they were Playstation prompts.
 
Here are some videos from the ingame TV of GTAV, that I saw posted on another fourm. There are no spoilers in the videos, but there is a whole FUK LOAD OF WIN! My PS3 preorder is in and I am now self inducing a coma til the 17th.

002 - http://tinypic.com/r/1695get/5
003 - http://tinypic.com/r/10dh6io/5
004 - http://tinypic.com/r/t4vhft/5
005 - http://tinypic.com/r/33d9m9y/5
006 - http://tinypic.com/r/5l5p1g/5
007 - http://tinypic.com/r/2n67q00/5
008 - http://tinypic.com/r/25kip1y/5
009 - http://tinypic.com/r/2epr2h0/5
010 - http://tinypic.com/r/2yz0xg8/5
011 - http://tinypic.com/r/8vt79g/5
012 - http://tinypic.com/r/33dv4nt/5
013 - http://tinypic.com/r/65642h/5
014 - http://tinypic.com/r/24ycxud/5
015 - http://tinypic.com/r/2qbzkvp/5
016 - http://tinypic.com/r/21kbi1z/5
017 - http://tinypic.com/r/or2oed/5
018 - http://tinypic.com/r/2u8zbqg/5
019 - http://tinypic.com/r/zl86tf/5
020 - http://tinypic.com/r/9fzazd/5
021 - http://tinypic.com/r/5ow0pf/5
022 - http://tinypic.com/r/2h30ie9/5
023 - http://tinypic.com/r/2d1ajcj/5
024 - http://tinypic.com/r/2nkkjl1/5
025 - http://tinypic.com/r/2hd2zhl/5
026 - http://tinypic.com/r/xypv5/5
027 - http://tinypic.com/r/2qase1l/5
028 - http://tinypic.com/r/2n6doxf/5
029 - http://tinypic.com/r/zupdar/5
030 - http://tinypic.com/r/i2683b/5
031 - http://tinypic.com/r/158bdsk/5
032 - http://tinypic.com/r/21buihf/5
033 - http://tinypic.com/r/2r3h4lu/5
034 - http://tinypic.com/r/2ia330p/5
035 - http://tinypic.com/r/312fihl/5
036 - http://tinypic.com/r/jtkw0p/5
037 - http://tinypic.com/r/2db89ax/5
038 - http://tinypic.com/r/dqg6bq/5
039 - http://tinypic.com/r/2vmeclx/5
040 - http://tinypic.com/r/i4kf44/5
041 - http://tinypic.com/r/149wnsp/5
042 - http://tinypic.com/r/11w7wnt/5
043 - http://tinypic.com/r/2djnhpk/5
044 - http://tinypic.com/r/11rdhdc/5
045 - http://tinypic.com/r/2mdpkc1/5
046 - http://tinypic.com/r/33y5axf/5
047 - http://tinypic.com/r/9hte8l/5
048 - http://tinypic.com/r/308fepe/5
049 - http://tinypic.com/r/anocr4/5
050 - http://tinypic.com/r/2a636n7/5
 
Here are some videos from the ingame TV of GTAV, that I saw posted on another fourm. There are no spoilers in the videos, but there is a whole FUK LOAD OF WIN! My PS3 preorder is in and I am now self inducing a coma til the 17th.

I watched a few but:
mother-of-god.jpg


:eek:

Can't wait.
 
I'll wait to see actual PS3 footage before I buy it

My slightly uneducated guess is this...

PS3 = native 720p res with a combination of low/medium graphic/texture settings.

PS4 = native 1080p with all High graphic/texture settings.

PS4 version also getting released a few months behind the PS3 version, maybe with add on/expansion content as well.
 
Yeah...I really think they should've made it for the new gen consoles too. Would've been a great release title, but whatever.

Except work on this title began years before new consoles were even hinted at, and this is a massive enough title that they couldn't switch gears and make a new console version in parallel when dev units for new consoles did go out

People seem to forget developers like Rockstar are in the business of selling games, not launching consoles - that's MS and Sony's problem. They understand the dollars and cents of launching for 360/PS3 where there are already a zillion installed units, they'll sell far more units then waiting for new consoles to reach equilibrium. And its not just some copy/paste COD title where they can adapt it to any platform in a day.
 
Except work on this title began years before new consoles were even hinted at, and this is a massive enough title that they couldn't switch gears and make a new console version in parallel when dev units for new consoles did go out

People seem to forget developers like Rockstar are in the business of selling games, not launching consoles - that's MS and Sony's problem. They understand the dollars and cents of launching for 360/PS3 where there are already a zillion installed units, they'll sell far more units then waiting for new consoles to reach equilibrium. And its not just some copy/paste COD title where they can adapt it to any platform in a day.

+1 That's the truth. They know so many people have current gen systems and have been waiting on this game for years. Releasing it for current gen makes sense because they will get the most $$$ from it with the current gen consoles being everywhere
 
IGN is getting PAID.

I'm not reading a thing from them, cause they are pulling this same bullshit they did with GTA4.
This will be 11/10 from them, with an article on how GTA5 saved kids with cancer.
IGN's hyperbole on this game beyond is ridiculous. It's nothing but propaganda at this point, Rockstar couldn't put out a better PR release than that trash.
 
Example from the other article released today:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/03/world-first-hands-on-with-grand-theft-auto-v
"I could feel the sensation rip through my hands as they shake. Flashes accompanied the sound of death, steering directly into the hearts of my foes. Each bullet was accompanied by the calming 'ping' of the bullet casing hitting the ground, almost Newtonian in execution. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction, and when that action is death, corpses quickly litter the streets. 30 bullets, many dead. My hands are still shaking"

Really?
Really, dude?
Is he playing a game or getting himself off? I really don't know. What a preview, that tells us nothing...

IGN...

SLQJc.gif
 
The reason I can't get into a GTA game is because their lead characters look like random people off a street.

Grand-Theft-Auto-V-005.jpg


Seriously, who gives a shit about these guys?
 
The reason I can't get into a GTA game is because their lead characters look like random people off a street.

Grand-Theft-Auto-V-005.jpg


Seriously, who gives a shit about these guys?

So? Did you actually look into their backgrounds? They actually have some pretty fully realized histories. The two white guys are old crime buddies, that had their lives diverge about 10 years ago, with the guy on the left (I can't remember their names, so sue me) living a relatively luxurious life and being drawn back into crime, while the balding guy is a psychopath that basically squandered his take and had been living in the gutter for the last 10 years, harboring a grudge on the first guy, but coming back to him to try and get ahead again. Franklin, the african american guy, appears to be brought in because of his specific skills (driving, I think?). His background seems to involve some gang activity/affiliation, but his primary source of income is working at one of those crooked used car dealerships, repossessing cars from people who miss payments. This is the stuff I got from their recent trailers, anyways.

As for why the game looks so much better than the current generation seems to be capable of? The game requires an 8 gig install regardless of the console you buy it on. The Xbox 360 has 2 discs, one is just for the mandatory install and the other is for gameplay. Turns out, the speed of the disc drives on the Xbox 360 and PS3 are a big issue.
 
While I really, really want to play this I'm going to hold off until there's a PC or (assuming I get one) next-gen release. I can't justify buying the same game twice and I think this is one of those games where a little extra graphical horsepower can take it from good to great.
 
While I really, really want to play this I'm going to hold off until there's a PC or (assuming I get one) next-gen release. I can't justify buying the same game twice and I think this is one of those games where a little extra graphical horsepower can take it from good to great.

I'm wishing that Microsoft will release it on the Xbox 360 Games on Demand program at launch so I can buy it and my wife and I can play online together using the 1 copy of the game. I'm saying "wishing" instead of "hoping", because Microsoft NEVER releases games on their Games on Demand program when the game actually comes out.
 
The reason I can't get into a GTA game is because their lead characters look like random people off a street.

Grand-Theft-Auto-V-005.jpg


Seriously, who gives a shit about these guys?

That's really why? Just because of what they look like? That's such an insignificant part of the game.

What would they need to look like to earn your attention?
 
If the driving (mainly) and shooting has been nerfed and there is regenerative health i wont bother. The main reason i buy a gta game is to cause random havoc and see how long i can go without dieing. If this first and foremost sucks no amount of hype or bowling minigames can redeem it for me.
 
If the driving (mainly) and shooting has been nerfed and there is regenerative health i wont bother. The main reason i buy a gta game is to cause random havoc and see how long i can go without dieing. If this first and foremost sucks no amount of hype or bowling minigames can redeem it for me.

So being able to plan heists, choosing what method to conduct the heist and carrying out it dynamically isn't enough? Flying F22s in multiplayer isn't enough? Having the driving controls reworked by driving game developers (I wanna say the people behind Midnight Club, but I don't remember) and fixing the cover mechanics isn't enough? Being able to plot and design your own races for multiplayer isn't good?

Shit, it's good enough for me, and then some.
 
The reason I can't get into a GTA game is because their lead characters look like random people off a street.

Grand-Theft-Auto-V-005.jpg


Seriously, who gives a shit about these guys?

You want them to look like Tom Cruise? "Random people" are exactly what criminals and thugs look like.
 
If the driving (mainly) and shooting has been nerfed and there is regenerative health i wont bother. The main reason i buy a gta game is to cause random havoc and see how long i can go without dieing. If this first and foremost sucks no amount of hype or bowling minigames can redeem it for me.

You have absolutely no clue what you're talking about. I doubt you've played the game.

Does health regenerate? Yes, only up to 50%

Is this a big deal? No. Here's why.

The regen is VERY slow, much slower than CoD or other games. Also, the damage you take is very high. You can be killed with a single bullet to the head with around 75% health.

The cops are vicious in this one. Where I could last a while with long shootouts in the older games, in 5 three stars is fatal if you are not consistently on the move. At 3 stars the police come at you from all angles including the air making it near impossible to find a safe spot to just pick them off from.

Surviving with a wanted level in this game is very hard.
 
GTAV review roundup…

The Escapist - 3.5/5
Polygon - 9.5/10
Eurogamer - 9/10
CVG - 10/10
IGN - 10/10
Joystiq - 4.5/5
OXM - 10/10
OPM -10/10
Edge - 10/10
Kotaku - Yes
DigitalSpy - 5/5
Eurogamer.de - 10/10
GameInformer - 9.75/10
GamesVillage.it - 9.8/10
Destructoid - 9/10
GiantBomb - 5/5
Gamereactor - 10/10
Gamespot - 9/10
GodisaGeek - 10/10
Videogamer - 10/10
Akihabarablues - 100/100
Xbox 360 Achievements - 100/100
LaPS3.com - 100/100
Videogameszone.de - No score
Eurogamer.cz - 10/10
NowGamer - 9.5/10
USGamer - 4.5/5
Gamesurf.it - 9.5/10
Games.it - 10/10
 
Tempted so badly to go grab a console and this (maybe some Rock Band as well, I miss it..) tomorrow after work...I could probably get most of my money back before PS4 hits if I grab a refurb. unit or something.

How's the loading? I didn't see much mention on it, then again, I haven't been looking very hard. Curious if it's even worth grabbing a console just for this game.

Then again...looking at it realistically, there's a ton of games I still haven't really played that would justify the case...and speaking of, will Japanese games work on US consoles?

Edit: Speak of the devil... http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/consoles/playstation-3-500gb-grand-theft-auto-v-bundle/110065
 
I really do want this game, but I'm going to hold out for at least 6-8 weeks for a PC/next-gen announcement. Luckily my basement is flooded and I won't be distracted by everyone talking about it for the next few days/weeks.
 
Back
Top