Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

Sorry for the late reply.

So all my mancave plug sockets are on the same circuit.

1. The main PC on the left is a 1000w power supply, the 42"screen is about 50w, the logitech speakers are 240 max so at its most stressed = 1290watts

2. The Middle computer is an 24" all in one vaio and is only 150 watts max

3. The one on the right is a nintendo switch hooked up to a 43" tv and is only about 60watts max

4 The Main console rig is a 55" TV hooked mostly to a first rev PS4 a VR and a 5.1 system so 800 watts max

5. Home Business server which you cant see which is 400 watts

all the other small items are minimal charging devices so call all that 100 watts max.

So in total about 2900 watts max.

I whacked everything on max with sound at a bare-able level and my home test kit said i was pulling 12.3 amps. Its on a 20amp breaker for future use as ill be adding the PS5 soon and another 43" Screen! I could in theory have 7-9 simultaneous players on Fortnite if i included the tab s6, the Xperia 5 ii, the vaio and split screen on the ps4 and 5 lol

We're gamers as you can see so we all play Rocket League on 4 players, 3 play Fortnite (soon so be 4 Player), 2 Player Apex Legends (Soon to be 3 Player) or we all just play our own game and it sounds like an arcade! Oh the nostalgia!
No worries. Definitely an awesome setup and appreciate the info. Have a better idea of what to look for when planning.
Now it seams handling electrical will be easier then getting the green light from the wife!
Thanks.

Reactions: Rash
like this
I "downgraded" to 5 screens. I was finally able to get my hands on a 3090 so I bought the LG CX 48". 4k120hz Gsync on OLED is amazing. I'm glad I did this instead of a 360hz 1080p LCD.

IMG_20201121_010621.jpg

Are there any affordable LED reactive backlight systems? I got my son TV for Christmas and his birthday is not far off and I thought I would get him some backlighting. I saw philips has a system, but its expensive AF.

Are there any affordable LED reactive backlight systems? I got my son TV for Christmas and his birthday is not far off and I thought I would get him some backlighting. I saw philips has a system, but its expensive AF.
What do you consider inexpensive and what features are you looking for?
Just standard LED? Sound reactive? Color edge matching to the display?

What do you consider inexpensive and what features are you looking for?
Just standard LED? Sound reactive? Color edge matching to the display?
Thing is, I have no idea what the price range is for these.

Color edge matching...Those work through an HDMI adaptor right? Are there any options for that aside from the $300 ones?

Thing is, I have no idea what the price range is for these.

Color edge matching...Those work through an HDMI adaptor right? Are there any options for that aside from the $300 ones?
Theres some DIY versions that are syncronous with the input for half that: https://hackernoon.com/the-best-tv-experience-philips-ambilight-clone-f164e392266a
Or if you wanna be lazy theres a version that uses a camera to sense the colors thats super cheap but seems to have decent reviews: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JKVKZX8/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_zOh.FbVCG76EB

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Yeah, I used to have figures and stuff on the desk, but I got a kitten and it wasn't a good mix.

With the purchase of a 5900X and an RX 6900 XT, I had to get a freesync monitor. So I switched from an ASUS PG279Q to the new 240hz Alienware AW2721D.

image_72192707.JPG

I'm quite happy with it so far. Although, seeing all these Ultrawide monitors in here really makes me miss mine.

That small monitor at the bottom is just a 13.3" USB-C monitor that's connected to my Plex system.

With the purchase of a 5900X and an RX 6900 XT, I had to get a freesync monitor. So I switched from an ASUS PG279Q to the new 240hz Alienware AW2721D.

View attachment 348802

I'm quite happy with it so far. Although, seeing all these Ultrawide monitors in here really makes me miss mine.

That small monitor at the bottom is just a 13.3" USB-C monitor that's connected to my Plex system.

Love the posters!!! (and the setup too)😜

New monitor at the office. Gigabyte Aorus FV43U HDR 1000, Pioneer VSX-LX504 receiver, Andrew Jones SP-EBS73 9.1 Dolby Atmos speakers, PC i7-10700K w/RTX 2080

IMG_9014.jpg

Have not done a calibration but Mass Effect Legendary Edition in game calibration is dead on for HDR. Contrast shows a "1" when I was force to use HDMI 2.1 4K@120 as the DP cable was not long enough, it has since been change back to '0" once I got a longer DP cable and running at 4K@144.

IMG_9015.jpg

Last edited:
Anybody have pictures of dual 30 inch, or so, monitors stacked ? I'm trying to figure out if my 30 inch dells would look ok on my desk. I'm searching the thread as I type. Thanks !!! PS google returned lots of stock photos which look nice but interested in "real" photos.

Back