Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

Couple pics of my setup.
IMG_0745.jpg
IMG_0746.jpg

Awesome. What do you have driving your LS50s? Is that an Emotiva amp on top of your tower?

Same speakers and stands for me. Well-played, sir! You have one of the cleanest setups I've seen around [H]ere, too.

Appreciate it, i i have some stuff planned like an ITX build in the Phanteks Evolv Shift. It'll be fun fitting the 1080Ti in there... but if you want things to look pretty you have to work for it right?

I do love the speakers after almost a year of use, great setup you got there also!

How do you find the MU7000? I bought the MU6300 back this Winter, but the Anti-glare coating was too harsh in my opinion so i returned it. I am kind of picky about that though.

Appreciate it, i i have some stuff planned like an ITX build in the Phanteks Evolv Shift. It'll be fun fitting the 1080Ti in there... but if you want things to look pretty you have to work for it right?

I do love the speakers after almost a year of use, great setup you got there also!

How do you find the MU7000? I bought the MU6300 back this Winter, but the Anti-glare coating was too harsh in my opinion so i returned it. I am kind of picky about that though.
Thanks, man! They're the best speakers I've ever heard. Got mine almost a year ago, too. I drive them with a Gustard dac and Crown power amp.

You're so right about the work it takes to build a really clean setup. My cables could use a serious clean up job. I just keep procrastinating.

I like my 40" MU7000, but the bigger TVs definitely are better. I tried a 49" Samsung, but after just a short time I'd get neck strain from looking up so much. Sux, because Sony, Samsung and all the other 4K TV manufacturers really cut back on the features of their smaller TVs. About the biggest I can take is 43". Every time I see a sweet setup like yours, though, I wanna try a bigger TV, again.

Thanks, man! They're the best speakers I've ever heard. Got mine almost a year ago, too. I drive them with a Gustard dac and Crown power amp.

You're so right about the work it takes to build a really clean setup. My cables could use a serious clean up job. I just keep procrastinating.

I like my 40" MU7000, but the bigger TVs definitely are better. I tried a 49" Samsung, but after just a short time I'd get neck strain from looking up so much. Sux, because Sony, Samsung and all the other 4K TV manufacturers really cut back on the features of their smaller TVs. About the biggest I can take is 43". Every time I see a sweet setup like yours, though, I wanna try a bigger TV, again.

Yeah it sucks. If there was a 43" curved Samsung with the same glossy finish as the higher end ones, i think it would be the best option.

I would buy a 40" lg oled or qn9f samsung panel the second they went up for sale. I can't believe neither make a premium 40" 4k tv.

Great setup guys. I'm struggling to find the perfect setup, especially with an audiophile speaker setup. I don't like my speakers to wide as it messes with imaging (center/mono stuff doesn't sound like it's centered if my speakers are too wide apart).

My favorite display setup so far is a 34" ultrawide with 2 27" screens flanking left and right but it's way too wide for the speaker setup.

What to do?...

Hoping that rumored 144hz 32" 4k g sync monitor is just around the corner...

I would buy a 40" lg oled or qn9f samsung panel the second they went up for sale. I can't believe neither make a premium 40" 4k tv.

Great setup guys. I'm struggling to find the perfect setup, especially with an audiophile speaker setup. I don't like my speakers to wide as it messes with imaging (center/mono stuff doesn't sound like it's centered if my speakers are too wide apart).

My favorite display setup so far is a 34" ultrawide with 2 27" screens flanking left and right but it's way too wide for the speaker setup.

What to do?...

Hoping that rumored 144hz 32" 4k g sync monitor is just around the corner...

Same debate here... 34" Ultrawide or 2x 27" 4K. I can't justify paying close to $2K for the 2x 27"G-Sync 4K, but at the same time I think I will feel crowded with just a single 34/ultrawide.
Tough when you have the money to pull the trigger and you can't decide

Same debate here... 34" Ultrawide or 2x 27" 4K. I can't justify paying close to $2K for the 2x 27"G-Sync 4K, but at the same time I think I will feel crowded with just a single 34/ultrawide.
Tough when you have the money to pull the trigger and you can't decide
Yeah... don't go with the dual 27" panels... I have dual 27" 2k g sync panels and I have to get rid of one if I can make the 27-34-27 setup work. Sitting in the middle means you stare at the bezels.

Here are two other things I've learned through my display adventure the last few months:

1) I definitely need to have a monitor placed right in the middle/center.

2) I can't do curved monitors. Videos and games are okay on it but I don't know how anyone stomachs curved lines on browsers/spreadsheets/etc.

Reactions: DSee
like this
Nice Setups, I wish my desk stayed half as clean as some of these are. I wish I could justify a triple monitor setup, so awesome when its mounted up and neatly assembled.

Last edited:
That is a Herman Miller Embody.

I personally have one at work and I love it. Definitely worth the money IMHO.

I bought a Steelcase Gesture for home but in many ways I find the Herman Miller Embody more comfortable .

Nice! Which ultrawide is that?

LG 29Wk600, got it last week when eBay was doing that %15 off, $200 total. Good price, great colors, 75hz and hdr support (crappy but it's there). Good build, perfect size for what I want, minor light bleed on one side. So far so good.

I went from 43" 4k to 32" 1440p and now back to 43" 4k. I think I will probably go back to the smaller screen as this is technically my girlfriends tv I gave her but she hasn't decided on a mount in her office. I love the large screen for gaming and certain multitasking but overall I think 32" is about my preferred max for an all around screen at the center of my displays.

I went from 43" 4k to 32" 1440p and now back to 43" 4k. I think I will probably go back to the smaller screen as this is technically my girlfriends tv I gave her but she hasn't decided on a mount in her office. I love the large screen for gaming and certain multitasking but overall I think 32" is about my preferred max for an all around screen at the center of my displays.

Sitting close to a smaller screen with high PPI is more immersive than sitting back several feet from a large TV, IMO IMO etc. Everybody has their own idea of what looks better.

Look at a 32" 4k monitor if you can swing it, it looks really great at that size espically if you've already been driving a 4K screen and have the necessary hardware. I don't think 1440p is awful at that size, but going back will be a step down in pixel density if you got used to it on the 4k.

Last edited:
WASABI MANGO UHD490 REAL 4K HDMI 2.0 49" LG AH-IPS UHD 3840x2160 DP 1.2 Monitor

Buddy of mine playing on my 49in at 4k which is insanely immersive when paired with a 1080ti. Unfortunately I am looking to sell the display and downsize my entire setup, but I don't think regular folks understand it's value so we'll see.

Obviously its outrageous to play this close so I was using a small kind of tv tray for my mouse and keyboard then I'd sit a little further away. That configuration is probably as good as it gets for me until g-sync can be had at these sizes. Getting hard to keep up with all the new tech coming.

Attachments

• 20180729_190642.jpg
    20180729_190642.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 0
WASABI MANGO UHD490 REAL 4K HDMI 2.0 49" LG AH-IPS UHD 3840x2160 DP 1.2 Monitor

Buddy of mine playing on my 49in at 4k which is insanely immersive when paired with a 1080ti. Unfortunately I am looking to sell the display and downsize my entire setup, but I don't think regular folks understand it's value so we'll see.

Obviously its outrageous to play this close so I was using a small kind of tv tray for my mouse and keyboard then I'd sit a little further away. That configuration is probably as good as it gets for me until g-sync can be had at these sizes. Getting hard to keep up with all the new tech coming.

That looks massive but awesome.

I really don't understand why people use TVs as gaming monitors?! The input lag is horrendous, not to mention panel refresh rates / etc.

I really don't understand why people use TVs as gaming monitors?! The input lag is horrendous, not to mention panel refresh rates / etc.

Some are better then others. If you do your homework you can get one with OK lag.

You will not find or afford monitors these sizes.

Because not everyone cares about having 2ms input lag. Obviously 144hz looks great but 60hz hasn't ever stopped me from getting chicken dinners in PUBG or lapping people in Forza.

I went from a 27” ASUS ROG Swift to a 40” 4K tv. At first adjusting to 60hz (and losing gsync) was difficult but after some time with the 40” 4K I don’t think I can go back. I still have the ROG Swift sitting around so every now and then I’ll plug it in and play some games just to retest the waters. There are pluses and minuses to both setups but ultimately I prefer the 4K tv.

We’re all waiting for a 40”+ 4K 144hz gsync/freesync monitor (semi-glossy for me).

Yeah G-Sync is awesome with NVidia cards but they are so much more expensive than free-sync monitors. I really don't understand why that is.

Last edited:
Yeah G-Sync is awesome with NVidia cards but they are so much more expensive than free-sync monitors. I really don't understand why that is.
Because its Nvidia and they want more money for branded items. I bought a Freesync monitor that has a refresh rate of 144Hz but I have a 980Ti. I didn't really care to get that feature because the 144Hz is good enough.

I bought a Freesync monitor that has a refresh rate of 144Hz but I have a 980Ti. I didn't really care to get that feature because the 144Hz is good enough.
A bit offtopic, but isn't this "good enough" only if you can keep a stable 144 fps? The lower the fps drops below the default Hz limit, the worse tearing and stutter will get, afaik, without any gsync or freesync tech. At least that's my experience with a regular 60 hz lcd: i need to keep my fps locked at either 60 or 120 fps, otherwise it's worse (except for games that i can sustain beyond 130 fps, the negative effects seem to diminish after that figure).

A bit offtopic, but isn't this "good enough" only if you can keep a stable 144 fps? The lower the fps drops below the default Hz limit, the worse tearing and stutter will get, afaik, without any gsync or freesync tech. At least that's my experience with a regular 60 hz lcd: i need to keep my fps locked at either 60 or 120 fps, otherwise it's worse (except for games that i can sustain beyond 130 fps, the negative effects seem to diminish after that figure).
Right but the whole point of the sync tech is to keep vsync with the monitor on the hardware. I don't have any issues with tearing on my monitor because I can play games at 1440p with no issues. Really the sync tech is for those who are using older cards that don't sustain a high frame rate. I just never saw a real need for paying extra for the feature. I got my monitor for $230 on sale when it was originally 400.
Its a great monitor even with having to utilize the Freesync feature.
To each his own obviously. I mean there are alot of guys on here at use 4K TVs and have exceptional experiences. I'm just saying Nvidia is charging what they want because they can. I just will never pay for the g-sync feature on a monitor.

I'm currently working on 2 remote projects, top monitor is project 1, bottom is project 2, right monitor is skype and documentation :)

IMG_20181129_124514256.jpg

Last edited:
Back