Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

Nothing fantastic, my work rig. FYI, the TV sits up so high because that's where the outlet / cables come out of the wall.

1433698096SpNyC7wlar_1_1.jpg

Page one of this thread trips my antivirus.

Anyways, relevant to the LCD thread,

1 x Dell U3415W Curved 21:9 3440x1440. Monitor is freaking amazing, its completely blown me away.

Other LCD's are ASUS 24" 1080P TN's. There are 2 stacked there and a third collecting dust under my desk. I often use the top monitor to stream shows/watch tv and the bottom one is hooked up to a xbone and a secondary pc. Third ASUS monitor under the desk, the 3 use to be an eyefinity setup but I much prefer the 34".
20150322_121609405_iOS.jpg

It's a pity they don't show, though ... it's amusing to reminisce about old technology.

"Dude, I never thought I'd find something to replace my Sony GDM-FW900, but this Asus 15-inch LCD was only $2500 at Fry's lat weekend!"

And so on.

Unless [H] allowed attachments there is no way for the pictures to last forever. I get a little nostalgic when I think of the changes in setups over the year but it quickly fades away when I think of how much time I spent in front of CRTs and low resolution monitors. 60 lb 4:3 monitors? EXPENSIVE 5" thick LCD monitors? Nahh I'm good.

^ I see you've got an Embody chair. I tried one for a few hours at a friend's house and didn't really like the shoulder support for it. Do you have any issues with this chair?

Havent had any issues personally. It's been a ton more comfortable than the old leather executive chair I upgraded from. I havent tried too many office chairs though so not sure if I'd be the best reviewer :(

Nice setup killerc4! What kind of desk is that?

Thanks! It's a Ikea Galant desk.

Why let that stop you? After all, you're on the Internets!

Haha then 10/10! I really have no complaints. Maybe that the cloth is a little hard to clean is all I've got.

Those 3 dell 3011 I still remember them. And they have 10 bit panels, today most people use 8 bit. (Including me)

Nothing fantastic, my work rig. FYI, the TV sits up so high because that's where the outlet / cables come out of the wall.

1433698096SpNyC7wlar_1_1.jpg

got any parts you want to sell? Hopefully everything goes next couple months, at Christmas time ill try to get a decent power rig back up and running.

newest update....Samsung UN48JS9000....digging it....a lot
gonna have to put the tools on the desk to get my center channel back into play!

IMG_0113.jpg

gonna have to put the tools on the desk to get my center channel back into play!

IMG_0113.jpg

Set your receiver to center channel: none, and it will combine L/R to make a center.

Depending where you were going to place the center, this will work even better - less immediate reflection, maybe less comb filtering, less low-end boost.

Also, I can't see the size of the drivers or the separation distance between them, but I'm pretty sure your speakers are too close. Push them back!

Cute RGB LED remote. :p

Last edited:
That's impressive! I wish the 9000 series had a 40". I'm using a 40" 7500 and absolutely love it. Anything over 40" is too big for my computer use, but I ordered your exact model for my main TV. :D

My new Samsung 40JS7500 TV/monitor. 40" of 4K awesomeness! I had it on an arm for a while, but the backplate adapter didn't fit quite right and the monitor wobbled a bit anytime I bumped the desk The stand raised it about 3" higher, but I'm getting used to it after a few days.

That's impressive! I wish the 9000 series had a 40". I'm using a 40" 7500 and absolutely love it. Anything over 40" is too big for my computer use, but I ordered your exact model for my main TV. :D

I think you will dig it...mine is serving as my PC monitor but also any and all media uses I can think of...I was looking at the 7500 40" but it was not availablr locally , Amazon was the best bet...but then I caught a whiff of the JS9000 and Fry's had it in stock...consider the job done!

Back