• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

Nothing fantastic, my work rig. FYI, the TV sits up so high because that's where the outlet / cables come out of the wall.

1433698096SpNyC7wlar_1_1.jpg
 
Page one of this thread trips my antivirus.

Anyways, relevant to the LCD thread,

1 x Dell U3415W Curved 21:9 3440x1440. Monitor is freaking amazing, its completely blown me away.

Other LCD's are ASUS 24" 1080P TN's. There are 2 stacked there and a third collecting dust under my desk. I often use the top monitor to stream shows/watch tv and the bottom one is hooked up to a xbone and a secondary pc. Third ASUS monitor under the desk, the 3 use to be an eyefinity setup but I much prefer the 34".
20150322_121609405_iOS.jpg
 
It's a pity they don't show, though ... it's amusing to reminisce about old technology.

"Dude, I never thought I'd find something to replace my Sony GDM-FW900, but this Asus 15-inch LCD was only $2500 at Fry's lat weekend!"

And so on.
 
Unless [H] allowed attachments there is no way for the pictures to last forever. I get a little nostalgic when I think of the changes in setups over the year but it quickly fades away when I think of how much time I spent in front of CRTs and low resolution monitors. 60 lb 4:3 monitors? EXPENSIVE 5" thick LCD monitors? Nahh I'm good.
 
^ I see you've got an Embody chair. I tried one for a few hours at a friend's house and didn't really like the shoulder support for it. Do you have any issues with this chair?
 
Havent had any issues personally. It's been a ton more comfortable than the old leather executive chair I upgraded from. I havent tried too many office chairs though so not sure if I'd be the best reviewer :(
 
Nice setup killerc4! What kind of desk is that?

Thanks! It's a Ikea Galant desk.

Why let that stop you? After all, you're on the Internets!

Haha then 10/10! I really have no complaints. Maybe that the cloth is a little hard to clean is all I've got.
 
Those 3 dell 3011 I still remember them. And they have 10 bit panels, today most people use 8 bit. (Including me)
 
Nothing fantastic, my work rig. FYI, the TV sits up so high because that's where the outlet / cables come out of the wall.

1433698096SpNyC7wlar_1_1.jpg

got any parts you want to sell? Hopefully everything goes next couple months, at Christmas time ill try to get a decent power rig back up and running.
 
newest update....Samsung UN48JS9000....digging it....a lot
gonna have to put the tools on the desk to get my center channel back into play!

IMG_0113.jpg
 
newest update....Samsung UN48JS9000....digging it....a lot
gonna have to put the tools on the desk to get my center channel back into play!

IMG_0113.jpg


Set your receiver to center channel: none, and it will combine L/R to make a center.

Depending where you were going to place the center, this will work even better - less immediate reflection, maybe less comb filtering, less low-end boost.

Also, I can't see the size of the drivers or the separation distance between them, but I'm pretty sure your speakers are too close. Push them back!


Cute RGB LED remote. :p
 
Last edited:
newest update....Samsung UN48JS9000....digging it....a lot
gonna have to put the tools on the desk to get my center channel back into play!
That's impressive! I wish the 9000 series had a 40". I'm using a 40" 7500 and absolutely love it. Anything over 40" is too big for my computer use, but I ordered your exact model for my main TV. :D
 
My new Samsung 40JS7500 TV/monitor. 40" of 4K awesomeness! I had it on an arm for a while, but the backplate adapter didn't fit quite right and the monitor wobbled a bit anytime I bumped the desk The stand raised it about 3" higher, but I'm getting used to it after a few days.

 
That's impressive! I wish the 9000 series had a 40". I'm using a 40" 7500 and absolutely love it. Anything over 40" is too big for my computer use, but I ordered your exact model for my main TV. :D

I think you will dig it...mine is serving as my PC monitor but also any and all media uses I can think of...I was looking at the 7500 40" but it was not availablr locally , Amazon was the best bet...but then I caught a whiff of the JS9000 and Fry's had it in stock...consider the job done!
 
Back
Top