Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

My setup for christmas break.
U2711 soon to be fully refunded by dell, and going to be replaced by a u3011 if i can come up with the difference in price.
DSCF0285.jpg

There are some amazing setups on this thread. You guys are giving me monitor envy and should get rewarded for setups like these :)

Eizo's holding a photo contest for the best monitor setup (doesn't have to be an Eizo). The photo with the most votes wins a FlexScan SX2462W which is a pretty sweet 24 inch LCD. Most of the photos I've seen on this thread are way more hardcore than the entries to this contest so far:
http://www.facebook.com/eizoglobal?v=app_95936962634

contest.jpg

Well, this entry is pretty cool if you're also a musician (not my photo but I wish it were my studio:cool:).
Onsa_Studios_Nagoya.jpg

Congrats on the ZR30W.

There seems to be a lot of that lately. When I post my setup I'll start a new tradition. Bikini Babes,yeah!! :D:D:D

Wait, you're a girl?

Actually, I don't care. Either way - it's going to be awesome to see :D

Ahhhh! The borders!! *faints and dies*

I HATE BORDERS!

If you hate "Bezels" then don't have a multi-monitor rig. Get someone to develop a Seemless QuadHD screen that can sit on our desk. Or Better, get someone to develop an LCD that is actually Bezeless in every sense of the word. Then make it affordable and get back to me.

samsung MD230's are almost bezel-less.
too expensive though. should be just around $250ish.
right now is $500.

samsung MD230's are almost bezel-less.
too expensive though. should be just around $250ish.
right now is $500.

..and I don't think the bezels are any thinner than a normal monitor with its plastic casing removed anyway.

here you go... just had ebay swivel arms mounted on the sides and a kensington single arm for the center lcd. Disregard the red acrylic tape. I put in on to keep the lcd's from shifting while I centered them. I originally mounted the side arms on the outside of the jerker extention, however, as I suspected the 22's were slightly too far apart in this orientation. There was about a half inch between monitors when I pushed them together. I went ahead flipped the mounts and put the swivel on the inside of the extentions, this worked perfectly but as you can see I lost a little space on top of the shelf. I can also swivel the lcd's out when I decide to get my lazy ass up and take off the tape.

Great setup magnetik!, which eBay mounts are those? I might be interested in them could you let me know the sellers name?, thanks!.

Zarathustra[H];1036601125 said:
Meh, girlie pictures are just dumb.:rolleyes:

Does nothing but show that your are more penis than brain. :p

That and it's very ungentlemanly. :D

God forbid someone would appreciate the human form.

Zarathustra[H];1036601125 said:
Meh, girlie pictures are just dumb.:rolleyes:

Does nothing but show that your are more penis than brain. :p

That and it's very ungentlemanly. :D
I'm 25, single, I live alone, and I think Lea Michele is fucking smoking. Glee GQ shoot was amazing.

Mind sharing where you got that wallpaper? Are there others like it?

Looks like the internals of a watch. What is the advantage of putting three monitors in portrait mode like that? Are most people doing that these days? What size are those Dell monitors and does text still look okay in portrait mode? Most monitors I've seen in portrait mode are not the best for reading text. The dot pitch makes it all screwy looking in portrait.

those are dell 2007fps, and the text look fine for reading text

why? why not? games look great, movies are so so as far as eyefinity is concerned, but mostly games are great...how do I know? I run the same lcd's in eyefinity =D

Got my HP ZR30W today - had to wait over three months for it to become available here in Portugal... Damn HP!

Now I finally have 3 x 30" screens: two LGs W3000H and the HP ZR30W, connected to my 5970 via Displayport. Anyway, here are the new photos (you can see photos of the old setups by checking my profile and searching my posts):

The ZR30W is the center monitor and his shared between my two PCs, as it has two input ports (DVI-D and DP) and a Source toggle button. Getting this to work was one of the reasons why I waited for the ZR30W instead of just getting another LG with a DP -> DVI-D active adapter.

Haven't tried setting up Eyefinity yet. I confess I'm really curious to see how my Radeons 5970 + 5870 in (tri)Crossfire will handle running Crysis in Eyefinity mode at 7680x1600. :p

That ZR30W monitor is insane.

These setups are all insane. I've been using this thread to try and give me ideas on what desk I should bye. Most of you guys all have 3 LCD setups and not many people here are using TV setups like I am.

I'm still trying to decide if the Galant is the right way to go for a 42 inch display.

those are dell 2007fps, and the text look fine for reading text

why? why not? games look great, movies are so so as far as eyefinity is concerned, but mostly games are great...how do I know? I run the same lcd's in eyefinity =D

I like the aspect ratio three in portrait mode create. I am concerned that the bezels would bug me too much though as in portrait mode the wide screen panels are pretty narrow, especially the 16:9 ones. 16:10 is a little bit better, but I think would still be bothersome.

This is why I like the idea of 20P-30L-20P so much because it pushes the bezels further from the center of the screen.

Too bad no video card supports gaming with that setup without SoftTH which should be considered a hack for older games, at best...

I saw those on display at Microcenter. Then I looked at the price and laughed.

The bezels are only something that bother people who have no idea what it's like to actually sit with three monitors and use them, nine times out of ten. They just disappear in your mind's eye. Conversely, those little Samsungs look appealing to the uninitiated, but it's really not worth the premium for small bezels, at least not in landscape mode.

What is the advantage of putting three monitors in portrait mode like that?
Different overall aspect ratio. It's a preference thing.

Most monitors I've seen in portrait mode are not the best for reading text. The dot pitch makes it all screwy looking in portrait.
You mean the sub-pixel arrangement? It becomes V-RGB or V-BGR.

It should be okay if all your monitors have the same arrangement, then you just adjust ClearType tuner to a vertical sub-pixel setting.

went from a fairly conventional rig and added something a little bigger for movies/cartoons etc...

34e6mhy.jpg

1219a4l.jpg

ha ha, a bit... i work in IT tho so i love my PCs as well... just not pictured in those specific photos above but yeah, i game and work on PCs =)

Back