Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

It's airsoft. the only real one available to civilians is the SP90 which has a long barrel

well you can get a short barrel, but you would have to register it w/ the NFA via TRUST or apply for a $200 tax stamp

that's what I did w/ this one :D

556psbr027.jpg

Zarathustra[H];1036536565 said:
Yeah, but they could have just made it generic in the first place, so people could use it with whatever setups they pleased. It likely wouldn't have required much more work...

If it were a matter of designing a specific mode for the portrait 2 - landscape 30 - portrait 2 setup, then it would definitely not make sense, however if it is a matter of just unlocking the drivers so that they can be used in any configuration the user desires, then it does make sense...

You don't seriously believe that it is just a matter of "unlocking" the drivers, do you? That makes no sense at all. There is a reason that it requires identical monitors - not just identical res, but refresh rate and timings.

Trying to synchronize an image across three incongruous monitors must be a nightmare because there's no physical, electronic way to render that as a single spanned mode.

Best thing you can get is the ad-hoc solution of spanning a windowed game across three monitors. I know you can do that with ATI single GPU in some video games, but that's about it.

well you can get a short barrel, but you would have to register it w/ the NFA via TRUST or apply for a $200 tax stamp

556psbr027.jpg

This looks so real...it's not also airsoft, is it? Details down to the Noveske flaming pig, Magpul accessories...

As for Eyefinity Buisness, according to Anandtech's interviews, history, and contacts (incorporated into "The RV870 Story," http://www.anandtech.com/show/2937), points towards laptop GPU as the key initiation behind eyefinity :eek:

Wrong assumption there. I know Carrel pretty well, and laptops were on his mind, but it was not the focus for Eyefinity, gaming very much was.

556psbr027.jpg

Effin Sweetness. What grip is on the AR?

You don't seriously believe that it is just a matter of "unlocking" the drivers, do you? That makes no sense at all. There is a reason that it requires identical monitors - not just identical res, but refresh rate and timings.

Trying to synchronize an image across three incongruous monitors must be a nightmare because there's no physical, electronic way to render that as a single spanned mode.

Best thing you can get is the ad-hoc solution of spanning a windowed game across three monitors. I know you can do that with ATI single GPU in some video games, but that's about it.

No, I'm not saying its as simple as unlocking them. They would have to design a UI with which you tell the system how your monitors are oriented (or they could just pull this from the Windows desktop config setup) and in the back end you'd need some math so the video card knows which section of the frame buffer to send to which monitor in which orientation. This would take a little programming time, but it would not be rocket science, and once it is done, it would support ALL configurations with all current, past and future monitors. My point was that it wouldn't just be work for the rare case of people with the 20P-30L-20P setups. The cost would be spread over limitless combinations.

SoftTH does this already, so we know it can be done.

Finally have a setup I feel worthy to post in this thread...got my new HP2710m LCDs from last week's Woot-Off today.

Before:
IMG_1392.JPG

After:
IMG_1394.JPG

IMG_1395.JPG

Zarathustra[H];1036546453 said:
Sigh... Why does everything on these forums always have to devolve into guns...

At least they should keep it to PM and not this thread. I want to see people's LCD(s) setups as the thread states and not people's Gun setups. I think there's a thread in GenMay for guns.

Zarathustra[H];1036546453 said:
Sigh... Why does everything on these forums always have to devolve into guns...

At least they should keep it to PM and not this thread. I want to see people's LCD(s) setups as the thread states and not people's Gun setups. I think there's a thread in GenMay for guns.

My point exactly.

its funny clicking through this thread the screens get better and better and the sound systems look more tricked out then ever. Oh how fast technology's change

Well looks like a nearfield-ish listening setup so I doubt he' going to drive the receiver enough to overheat it since it's not completely covered

Well looks like a nearfield-ish listening setup so I doubt he' going to drive the receiver enough to overheat it since it's not completely covered

Agree, however those speakers are pretty efficient, i bet that amp doesn't even have to work hard at all to make them speakers sing. Energy speakers are really nice, i've revamped a few pairs of them with crossover tweaks and cabinet tweaks.

J'

damn took me 3weeks to complete setup cause damn vesa extender.
stupid usps sent item location to wrong place and i had to drive an hour to pick it up.

anyways

what i had before was Q9550 4gb ddr2 gtx285 24inch samsung asus g73jh

here is my new setup

Antec 902
i7 920 @ 3.8Ghz
Asus P6T
Crucial 8GB DDR3
ASUS HD 5870 + Visiontek HD 5870 Crossfire
Intel X25m 160gb SSD
WD Caviar Black 1TBx2 Raid 0
Corsair H50 Liquid Cooling
Antec Quatro 850W PS
G.Skill Memory Cooler

Samsung 400MX LFD BAM!!!!!
Logitech G35 Headset
Logitech G15 Keyboard
Logitech 5.1 Surround Speaker
Razer Naga Gaming Mouse

Heres What i did ,

I Sold Q9550 Rig that i owned couple years,
Bought Asus G73JH used few monthes and got rid of it.

Came back to Desktop Again, but Needed monitor and My Friend Who Works in Samsung Gave me this 40inch LFD For FREE!!!!!!!!
i was so excited and didn't wait a second to order WALL MOUNT!
took me 2days for wall mount to arrive here, but WTF! VESA SIZE Won't Match,
Order Extender and got that week after........

Anyways MY setup is done but my DSLR is in RMA so took a phone PIX to share will update Good Quality PIX soon too Please Give me Comment,

MY WALL Mount is Articulating Full motion.

2010-12-04_22-28-11_452.jpg
2010-12-04_22-26-43_449.jpg

2010-11-23_20-28-07_606.jpg

2010-12-10_21-17-34_177.jpg

2010-12-10_21-17-11_31.jpg

2010-12-10_21-18-14_906.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, it was one of the few minimalistic desks under $300 that I could find that is still extremely sturdy. It has no wobble at all, and the heavy glass top keeps it planted firmly on the ground.

I'm a little limited on space so I managed to fit 3 x 22" Asus LCD's and 1 x 40" Sharp LCD on one Jerker. eyefinity action (*actually nvidia surround) and large format for my movies. woot. woot. ::eek::D:D:D

triplemonitor.jpg

All it needs now is some cable management :)

Great looking setup, and I bet movies are excellent on it.

magnetik - can you take pictures of how you have your 22's attached to the upper board? Out of all your setups I think this may be my favorite man!

I'm a little limited on space so I managed to fit 3 x 22" Asus LCD's and 1 x 40" Sharp LCD on one Jerker. eyefinity action (*actually nvidia surround) and large format for my movies. woot. woot. ::eek::D:D:D

*SNIP*[/QUOTE=magnetik;1036551156]

very. Nicely. Done

magnetik - can you take pictures of how you have your 22's attached to the upper board? Out of all your setups I think this may be my favorite man!

here you go... just had ebay swivel arms mounted on the sides and a kensington single arm for the center lcd. Disregard the red acrylic tape. I put in on to keep the lcd's from shifting while I centered them. I originally mounted the side arms on the outside of the jerker extention, however, as I suspected the 22's were slightly too far apart in this orientation. There was about a half inch between monitors when I pushed them together. I went ahead flipped the mounts and put the swivel on the inside of the extentions, this worked perfectly but as you can see I lost a little space on top of the shelf. I can also swivel the lcd's out when I decide to get my lazy ass up and take off the tape.

arms.jpg

here you go... just had ebay swivel arms mounted on the sides and a kensington single arm for the center lcd. Disregard the red acrylic tape. I put in on to keep the lcd's from shifting while I centered them. I originally mounted the side arms on the outside of the jerker extention, however, as I suspected the 22's were slightly too far apart in this orientation. There was about a half inch between monitors when I pushed them together. I went ahead flipped the mounts and put the swivel on the inside of the extentions, this worked perfectly but as you can see I lost a little space on top of the shelf. I can also swivel the lcd's out when I decide to get my lazy ass up and take off the tape.

http://www.thunderpimp.com/pcpics/arms.jpg

You must lay on the floor or a recliner to use them, huh?

Back