Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

I want to post pics of my set-up when I am done so bad. All the set-ups on here are awesome. You can really see that people put there everything into them

You can do the carlton dance when your new monitor arrives.
carlton.gif

just moved up to a 40" from 37". Thought it was going to be too big.. turned out to be the perfect size. The screen has netflix built in. woohoo

still got some tweaking to do...

quattron.jpg

what's that thing above your keyboard and below your LCD? It has that yellow display? Also, I like the spider man

P.S. If you upgrade from 37 to 40", you have too much $$, donate them to homeless animal shelters

^^^^^^^
check a few posts up. that thing on the left is a Vornado air purifier.

what's that thing above your keyboard and below your LCD? It has that yellow display? Also, I like the spider man

P.S. If you upgrade from 37 to 40", you have too much $$, donate them to homeless animal shelters

I host my own animal shelter... I actually have to pay rent on my pets. :) Also upgrading from 37" to 40" doesn't mean I get rid of the 37. It just means another computer in the house gets upgraded due to trickle down effect.

Yes it's a custom desk.
I made it from granite that is 71in x 32in.
It sits on top of two 3/4in plywood.
It's not a LCD, it's a LED.
The only thing this setup is lacking is a computer chair and a new clock sigh.

DSC01495_.jpg

hydrafear, are the ambient lights part of the monitor or did you install them yourself

Here's mine. Love my 32" Samsung LE32B650 as primary monitor. Great for work and play. Dwarfs my old 24" Dell but doesn't seem overly big. Perfect size for me. :D

Soz, uploaded the original instead of the resized pic. :3

what are those blue cool master stuff? Is it hot plug hard drive?

Tooless drive 5.25" drive bays. Slide in your device, then press to button to lock in place. Press again the unlock. One my favorite tooless devices from coolermaster.

I know this is an LCD thread but what about plasmas?

Playing around with the new living room TV and probably not going to be a permanent setup but man...this is so comfortable and so nice. Just got a nice chair with a wooden board for keyboard and mouse and propping my feet on the TV stand with 60" in front of my face. TV is nice. Camera sucks unfortunately.

cimg5199n.jpg

What sidebar gadgets are you using? They look useful and rather cool

The most important and coolest one is probably System Control A1

http://gallery.live.com/liveItemDetail.aspx?li=f02a2b14-4c5f-4d64-8920-48c81274954e&bt=1&pl=1

Multicore meter with time, uptime, and memory gauge and one of the rare sidebar apps that don't look like crap.

The rest are generic network meters, weather app, and HDD Monitor.

Cheers pal. Found the lot. Just what i was looking for. For some reason i love all these pointless info gadgets cluttering my screen. :D

Here's mine. Love my 32" Samsung LE32B650 as primary monitor. Great for work and play. Dwarfs my old 24" Dell but doesn't seem overly big. Perfect size for me. :D

Soz, uploaded the original instead of the resized pic. :3
i see you have an intuos 4,
how is the 32' samsung with graphic applications photoshot etc?
is it slow to follow, how are colours?
have you calibrated it?

i see you have an intuos 4,
how is the 32' samsung with graphic applications photoshot etc?
is it slow to follow, how are colours?
have you calibrated it?

I havent used any hardware to calibrate it. I just used the usual online methods and my eye for colour.

The colour reproduction is far superior to the Dell i was using before. They look more natural to me. There's a little ghosting but its just the same as the dell (16ms grey-grey). I never notice it anyway.

I use Corel Painter, Corel Photopaint and Adobe Photoshop for my work and they are all a joy to use with the screen. I find the larger screen to be easier to work with without having to constantly having to zoom or lean and squint which i did with the dell. I suffer less eyestrain as a result.

Being able to turn the backlight down also helps.

You with the three 2007fp vertical monitor, what are those task bar thing at the bottom? Like like something from Apple. Whats the name of that software?

It's RGB LED rope.
I got 5M of it and it ran me about $60.
*snip*

Is the actual website you use or could you link me with where you got it from? I got the 4 pack of LEDs from Ikea for my monitors but 5M for only $60? Now I feel a little screwed over. :mad:

Is rocketdock worth it or taking up valuable space?

It's worth it if you don't want to clutter your desktop with icons. There even an option to hide the dock much like hiding the windows taskbar. Just make sure you have ample memory in your system as it tends to hog when you put a lot of icons or folders in there.

Hey guys... I have been doing some reading online and havent really found an answer to my question. I have been considering running some blue rope lighting around my setup/office but when I bought a test strip from the local home depot it was quite a bit lighter in color than I expected. Instead of it being a rich blue it was more of a ocean blue.

Before I shell out the money for a spool of rope light does anyone know if there are different types of rope lights, are the all LED, is it possible to buy a different hue of blue? I have tried to google for an answer and I am getting no where.

My ultimate goal is to have a rich, darker, almost indigo blue light coming from behind my desk and wrapping around the top of my walls. I would like to accomplish this with rope light but I do not want a light blue. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Shay

Hey guys... I have been doing some reading online and havent really found an answer to my question. I have been considering running some blue rope lighting around my setup/office but when I bought a test strip from the local home depot it was quite a bit lighter in color than I expected. Instead of it being a rich blue it was more of a ocean blue.

Before I shell out the money for a spool of rope light does anyone know if there are different types of rope lights, are they all LED, is it possible to buy a different hue of blue? I have tried to google for an answer and I am getting no where.

My ultimate goal is to have a rich, darker, almost indigo blue light coming from behind my desk and wrapping around the top of my walls. I would like to accomplish this with rope light but I do not want a light blue. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Current setup;

It's three different pc's (laptop, desktop, netbook), but usually i use the 24inch as 2nd monitor for my notebook. And the netbook is just for linux testing purposes.

Hawt! :D

is that an older 23" or 24" HP i spot there on the right?

And whats the background image? do want

Ikea Frederick.

Yep. The keyboard tray I built myself. It attaches to the Ikea mounting holes for drawers underneath. The desk to the left of the Frederick is two Ikea tables with half circles end pieces attached, lots of 8" Capita legs, a Lack shelf (cut to fit my Lian Li v351 on the desk) and plexiglass on all the tops for easier cleaning and protection of the original surface. I have a kitchen cabinet I found on Craigslist painted black under the tables for more storage.

Nice setup war_child. That's a lot of quick launch programs on your taskbar but with Eyefinity it doesn't really matter. Rocketdock with all my games spans all three of my screens.

Last edited:
It's worth it if you don't want to clutter your desktop with icons. There even an option to hide the dock much like hiding the windows taskbar. Just make sure you have ample memory in your system as it tends to hog when you put a lot of icons or folders in there.

With 4-6 gigs of ram you will be fine memory wise. I had to quit using it on my Netbook because 2 gigs wasn't enough to run it, firefox, Win 7, and more without having to wait forever for stuff to respond. I don't miss it on the netbook though as I only use it for running Internet Download Manager when I'm home.

FYI, it is possible to run multiple instances of RocketDock as well. All you need to do is install the newest version of RocketDock, then download and install RocketDock v1.1.0 (all versions after this one made it so you couldn't run multiple docks), install it named something like RocketDock2. Only the first one installed will startup with windows. The second (or third or fourth if you wish) will have to be launched manually. I used to have the newest version running across the top of my screen with all my games and a second one on the left side of the desktop with all my programs and shortcuts. The only desktop icon I had was a folder that held all the desktop icons. I had 3 gigs of ram (laptop) when I did this and it worked fine. I just closed at least one of them when I was playing a game.

edit: Found a pic from back when I ran 2 RockDocks.
SobekDesktop.jpg

Last edited:
Hawt! :D

is that an older 23" or 24" HP i spot there on the right?

And whats the background image? do want

The monitor on the right is a HP LP2465 24" (love that monitor)

As for the image, I don't remember where I got it. Can you recommend a file sharing site and I can upload it.

See if this works for you Link (I uploaded it to live.com)

Last edited:
I'm still waiting on 3 more monitors for a 6 monitor eyefinity setup, but I got another laptop, so i had to show this picture:

Sdc11564.jpg

Sdc11570.jpg

Back