Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

Some nice systems in here, props to you all.
icon_salute.gif
I've little to refresh but Brianmuse recently featured my setup in his blog for desktopped.com, so I thought I'd throw up what's been updated anyway.

Two of these 30" Gateway XHD3000's have died since this pic was shot, 3-6 months out of warranty. NEVER buy Gateway... ever. I'm in the process of replacing with Dell's WFP3008, albeit painfully slowly.

BF2 does not like Eyefinity spread over more the two monitors, but for 7680x1600 Eyefinity shots you can check out my Screen Shot Thread.

My youngest shot this one while we were prepping for a photog fieldtrip. Came out so good I decided to keep it, lol.

xfired.jpg

This is what is pushing it all. Dual XFX 5870 XXX's in Crossfire (9800GTX for PhysX). Remaining specs are in my sig.

There's more in the Desktopped spread, and the full work log is here. It's been two years in the making thus far. Thanks go out to Brian for making me look like a rock star, lol. All other thanks go to God for allowing me to even have something so lavish (I'm blue collar man!).

One of the best setups in here, nice work man

** Photobucket bandwidth exceeded so all imagens goes to ImageShack **

Well .. after 07 months with the PC stopped because of the renovation (actually just to build 03 more rooms in the upper house) now the pc got a room just for him, and no longer bothers the wife in the early morning game nor the newly arrived daughter who is a joy!

fullview4.jpg

With more updates / changes will posting.
Thank you and sorry for so many pictures.

That's an insane monitor setup. :D

My updated setup, all dell. 27" in the middle, 24 in portrait on the left and 23 on the right side for misc widgets and stuff.

My old setup was posted here.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

My updated setup, all dell. 27" in the middle, 24 in portrait on the left and 23 on the right side for misc widgets and stuff.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Pictures of hot babes...check
Box of tissue................check
Lotion..........................damn, got to go to the pharmacy:D

i don't think it's a /facepalm, buddy.

LOL! Let me try to get this thread back on topic. Here is my temporary eyefinity setup. The middle monitor has the Monoprice LCD desk mount. I have 2 more coming on Tuesday so i will get some new pictures then. 3 Samsung EX2220X LED monitors, using vga > dp adapter.

P1000459.jpg

P1000456.jpg

I like how 80 percent of posts have atleast 2 grand invested in displays in or around their "Gaming, Work area"

very nice

The post directly above yours... those are $175 displays.. x 3 which is $525....

I doubt anyone is over 2 grand unless they have triple 30" or similar.

The post directly above yours... those are $175 displays.. x 3 which is $525....

I doubt anyone is over 2 grand unless they have triple 30" or similar.

Ahh much cheaper than that. I bought these with Bing Cashback. Each monitor was about $150. Monoprice stands are $20/each :)

LOL! Let me try to get this thread back on topic. Here is my temporary eyefinity setup. The middle monitor has the Monoprice LCD desk mount. I have 2 more coming on Tuesday so i will get some new pictures then. 3 Samsung EX2220X LED monitors, using vga > dp adapter.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b244/bart122580/Computer/P1000459.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b244/bart122580/Computer/P1000456.jpg

That is nice! (turning green with envy...) How dare you have such a nice setup!!

How do you like the monoprice arms? I've been thinking about getting them.

The monitor arms are very nice. It comes with all the screws, wire clips, and even a leveler. You can't beat the value $22/each + shipping.

Monitors are not too high for me. I have to sit up straight to keep good posture ;), no more slouching

The monitor arms are very nice. It comes with all the screws, wire clips, and even a leveler. You can't beat the value $22/each + shipping.

Monitors are not too high for me. I have to sit up straight to keep good posture ;), no more slouching

I see you used wood blocks between the stand and the desk. Is that for thickness?

I see you used wood blocks between the stand and the desk. Is that for thickness?

Yes, his desk is quite thin, looks about the same thickness as my Galant and I had to use some scrap pieces of wood to keep these mounts from falling over. :rolleyes:

I have also had to use a few zip ties on mine just to keep the monitors level but they weren't entirely meant for 24" monitors so do what you can. :D

You know you could've done the same thing as me and put the blocks UNDER the desk so it doesn't have that "pieced together look".... I have the same stands too btw.

You know you could've done the same thing as me and put the blocks UNDER the desk so it doesn't have that "pieced together look".... I have the same stands too btw.

I contemplated that. But I need the extra 1-2inches for the monitors to be at eye level.

I think it's time to mod those spacer blocks into one solid painted piece with a usb hub/cable management and what not integrated in there :D

It would be fine if the wooden blocks were cut in the same shape as the mount.

I currently have the 2 monitor mount from Monoprice and would like a little more height. I'm thinking of going the same direction.

Bit the bullet and purchased two more Asus 25.5" monitors to round out my fermi system. Surround gaming isn't cheap but well worth the investment.

Anyway, a couple of pics...

img0120ot.jpg

img0121bz.jpg

img0126zc.jpg

Last edited:
Thats funny. You must be a die hard, hard core gaming person.

Is that your Lacie? I need to get one of those.

What wheel and gas padel set is that?

I'm building a shifter mount now actually. Yeah, the wheel is a g27. My next upgrades will be the shifter mount and then some sort of load cell pedals. Probably fanatec clubsports. I just need to wait a few months so my girlfriend doesn't get pissed that I just built a new computer and put this pod together.

Its the logitech pedals pulled out of the casing and inverted. Its really easy to do as each pedal is an entirely self contained unit. I also really want triple screens but thats out of my price range for now and I can't give up my 30" for working.

Im also planning to build a 2" tall square plywood base that will bolt to the desk below the monitor arm to give it more height lift. The ergotron mx arms work for 30" panels but most of the adjustment range for height is below where the monitor rests on the desk.

AlecMoody - where do you get that erector set square stock at? I'm intrigued by the possibilities.

its called 8020 aluminum. The best place to buy it is on their surplus ebay account 8020inc. The main website has the product catalogs and good info on how it works though.

Back