Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

nice setup scytchex. How do you like that monitor? I was thinking of getting that same exact model but haven't seen hardly any reviews on it.

i absolutely love it. I did a ton of research between many monitors including the benq v2400w and a few others from benq, as well as the acers. I was hesitant with the 5ms repsonse time for ghosting, but i get zero from counterstrike/cod4 ect. the colors are extremely vibrant and the blacks are very very very good. one tip tho, if you get it, is to enable magiccolor, and put the gamma on choice 3 and the magic color on full, you get basically teh same contrast ratio has dynamic but without the annoying brightness increases/decreases.

over all i would give it a 9.5/10 only bad thing is that the usb port is on tthe back, and if you have the pannel to cover up the wires, it will be blockd. also it is not height adjustable. good monitor tho

t240, v2400w and the lg flattron 24 inch are all nice.

one thing about the LG tho, it has very high blue tones, resulting in bluish whites.

the samsung has very pure whites.

minor update: built a simple stand and put the JVC main unit right underneath the TV... it may be a LITTLE high for my liking but we'll see how it goes. I plan to make a couple speaker stands so that I can raise the 2 front speakers up to eye-level.

*the wide-angle lens made the keyboard and mouse WAY bigger than they really are... lol that's a 32" tv but it looks like a 20" in this shot haha*

RXL_5246.JPG

minor update: built a simple stand and put the JVC main unit right underneath the TV... it may be a LITTLE high for my liking but we'll see how it goes. I plan to make a couple speaker stands so that I can raise the 2 front speakers up to eye-level.

*the wide-angle lens made the keyboard and mouse WAY bigger than they really are... lol that's a 32" tv but it looks like a 20" in this shot haha*

RXL_5246.JPG

What is that below the TV is that a DVD/Receiver and if so blocking air vents on top if any not the smartest move :eek:

air vents are on the side... and yes it's a dvd/receiver.

I think I'll drill some holes on the sideboards to give it more air flow... thanks for the reminder.

air vents are on the side... and yes it's a dvd/receiver.

I think I'll drill some holes on the sideboards to give it more air flow... thanks for the reminder.

:D NP and I like your setup. What model is the receiver?

May install some small pc fans on either side sucking air away from receiver.

Barr3l rid3r, duplicate post 68 min later, no harm done. Nice setup, it seems you like Logitech.
icon14.gif
How's that LG?

Barr3l rid3r, duplicate post 68 min later, no harm done. Nice setup, it seems you like Logitech.
icon14.gif
How's that LG?

I love it, its not fullHD but it has DVI input and works great in 1360x768 native resolution, there is no ghost eighter since its a fast IPS pannel. I do prefer this over FULLHD ones cause I can play really weel, all games with unless 4x MSAA on higher quality avaible, using only 1 card, no need for monster cards.

I do prefer this over FULLHD ones cause I can play really well, using only 1 card, no need for monster cards.
Definitely, I'll probably go with a 22" with 1680x1050 res so I can max out every game I own and still get a good res.
Right now I primarily use a 19" 1280x960 res CRT, I like being able to max AA/AF in most games.

Something like that LG is what I'd get for a "TV", just not for a PC.

Definitely, I'll probably go with a 22" with 1680x1050 res so I can max out every game I own and still get a good res.
Right now I primarily use a 19" 1280x960 res CRT, I like being able to max AA/AF in most games.

Something like that LG is what I'd get for a "TV", just not for a PC.

My 22" Samsung LCD HDTV can do 1680x1050 using only the HDMI input and have to have a DVI to HDMI cable or an adapter. I'm currently using the HDMI for my Blu-ray as I only have one input for that.

Try the 26" model :D as it has 3 HDMI inputs or a HDMI switch. Keep in mind if you're using HDMI off of a pc you will still need to route some kind of audio to the TV if separate speakers are not used.

http://www.samsung.com/ca/consumer/...v&type=tv&subtype=lcd&model_cd=LN26A450C1DXZC

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/EM/200803/20080307185435156_BN68-01396C-00L02-0219.pdf

Granted it isn't 1080P but has 480i/480p/720i/720p/1080i and I have been told anything under a 42" er doesn’t need 1080p unless you watch the screen from an inch away

Someday when I get my own place I want the Samsung 52" er
http://www.samsung.com/ca/consumer/...v&type=tv&subtype=lcd&model_cd=LN52A750R1FXZC

Try the 26" model :D as it has 3 HDMI inputs or a HDMI switch.
3 HDMI inputs? Sounds like overkill to me, but I like overkill. A GTX 260 is on it's way, we'll see if I can get funds together for a new(higher res) monitor this New-Years. :D
Granted it isn't 1080P
Personally, I'll stick to (wanting) only 720P, I'm mainly used to 480P TV's so even just "720P" will look good.
Also, price has an effect on some tech choices, 1080P is up there in price, and the IQ isn't high enough imo.

Thnx for the links.

3 isnt really overkill these days. perhaps for a monitor, but not for A TV.
Overkill is indeed good when it comes to monitor/tv inputs :D

1.) HDTV Cable/Satellite Box
2+)Ps3/Xbox 360/Stand alone Blu-ray player/Up converting DVD player/HTPC

If you have an HDMI receiver, then maybe it would be overkill, but those are expensive, most people who already had a high end audio setup for dvds will just route an optical or coax cable from the tv to the receiver and use the tv for the multiple inputs.

Now a days you can buy camcorders with HDMI ports as well, which would make an easily accesible 3rd, 4th, etc. port highly desirable.

I have a hanns-g 28" monitor I use for my ps3 and pc and i bought a monowall 5 port hdmi switch because its their best HDMI switch. Granted I don't need 5 ports, but thier other ones aren't 100% compatible with the ps3. Sometimes I plug my fiancees laptop into one of the extra ports. Who knows, if i were to make another PC, I would be able to connect that as well.

If you have an HDMI receiver, then maybe it would be overkill, but those are expensive, most people who already had a high end audio setup for dvds will just route an optical or coax cable from the tv to the receiver and use the tv for the multiple inputs.

I found that sound is way better if you don't bother routing any sound though the TV instead route the sound to the receiver. I you have a HDMI receiver coolness, then run everything to receiver then 1 cable to TV is it has HDMI switching. I treat any screen as a monitor only.

My mom's receiver doesn't have anything above composite video (yellow) so all video is patched into TV. All audio is patched in using rca for vhs and opticals for the PVR and DVD.
It's as simple as matching the receiver input name to the TVs input name.

I'm sending the component video from my Blu-ray player to her TV as I'm using the HDMI and both screens pump out everything minus 1080P as our TVs don't have that. I'm using the coaxial for the cd input for the audio off the Blu-ray player for Dolby Digital.

In the end this just my opinion and there are many ways of hooking up equipment :D

Moved them around. I saw another [H] members desk who's was just like mine, and i really loved how he had his. So, here is mine

small 15in on the left is running Linux mint w/ fluxbox, and the other 2 are vista

DSC09173.jpg

DSC09183.jpg

DSC09185.jpg

My brother broke my desk...so now I'm stuck on a table for a bit. :p

3x2007fp's. Now all A05 HN210 IPS dispalys. :D

foldtable.jpg

Please excuse all the mess. I am in the process of cleaning up all the wirer and change location of surround sound. The picture does not justify the quality of the tv. It look better. in person.

New Setup: :D

Vizio 47"
SNV30192.jpg

Hanspree 28" and Vizio 47" sidy by side.
SNV30193.jpg

Please excuse all the mess. I am in the process of cleaning up all the wirer and change location of surround sound. The picture does not justify the quality of the tv. It look better. in person.

New Setup: :D

Vizio 47"
SNV30192.jpg

Hanspree 28" and Vizio 47" sidy by side.
SNV30193.jpg

Man vs. Food. Awesome show!!!!!! Adam Richmond is a pig-o!!!!!

And just as a joke, check out my kitchen tv, using Directv as well:

020.jpg

You should really connect your direct TV using S-Video. The C64 monitor takes S-Video input on the back, you just need to splice a cable into two RCA connectors, and voila!

Back