Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

hey grizzlybrett

as for why the lamp is under the table, it doesn't look that great with lights on but at night when i turn off all my room lights, the underglow from the table is actually a very nice effect, it is hard to capture by camera...

http://zanzahiro.livejournal.com/16003.html#cutid1

Speaking of lighting, you should hook up some cold cathodes underneath the desk(s) and ditch the incandescent bulbs. I think you will attain what you seek this way.

room2.JPG

Speaking of lighting, you should hook up some cold cathodes underneath the desk(s) and ditch the incandescent bulbs. I think you will attain what you seek this way.
omggg, is that your rig?

that is so amazing, i would love to try something like that! are those lights powered normally, like plug into wall or? i love blue light

i just wanna ask a question but i guess ill post a pic to keep the thread going

lcder5.jpg

anyways, anyone know a good place to get lcd stands? Like those that can customize heigh/angle etc. Thanks.

Thanks for the response and the link to more pics. I love to see how some plp do their desks/setups. This forum is simply the best. I love setups that are fun practical and have a clean look. I will at some point add some thick cardboard below desk to hide cables even better as well as some blue rope light for a glow. Feel free to look at my layout and ask any question or comments

My setup is on pg. 643 or go to site below for more details

http://s86.photobucket.com/albums/k120/brettjameshowarth/?action=view&current=DSC00687.jpg

having transferred over entirely to a Mac set up, i don't use PC's anymore but, thought i'd post my PC rig i had before Macs

DSC00171.jpg

having transferred over entirely to a Mac set up, i don't use PC's anymore but, thought i'd post my PC rig i had before Macs
Mac = a personal computer = PC. I really do wish people would start making the distinction between Mac OS & Windows, because otherwise they are exactly the same thing.

ahhh, i see you're an anime fan?

just for you, i posted a pic of my other rig hahaha

(F=Finished Watching Series) (S=Still Watching Series)

Ya I watch a lil anime. My favorites are the following Azumanga Daioh(F), Melancholy Of Haruhi Suzumiya(F), Green Green(S), Lucky Star(S), Kanon(S), Naruto(S), Domo Kun(C),Ghibli Films(S)

I agree my surround speakers may not be in the best location atm but they are located behind me. My setup is a poor mans deal a 2.1speaker set and an extra 2.0 set but took a few hours to calibrate it.

Lamil... Your's and my desks are quite similar. I might setup my 3 monitors just like you have yours, and than when i get my dell mini 9, put it on that small part. hehe. I prefer to have my monitors straight across, but, right now i have them at the curve curved in.

First: All taken on crappy Iphone camera.

006.jpg

That's my HTPC, which has just been replaced with Antec 900 and gtx 260:

002-1.jpg

Here is my old workdesk:

004.jpg

It has been transformed into this:

004-2.jpg

I have yet to understand why people go out and buy 5.1 speakers only to put them all in front of them. The whole point is surround sound. :confused:

What a waste....

haha I have absolutely no where behind me to put them except maybe the wall and i dont have anything to do with the wires and i did'nt wanna leave them running across the floor

haha I have absolutely no where behind me to put them except maybe the wall and i dont have anything to do with the wires and i did'nt wanna leave them running across the floor

Try place the surround sound speakers on the wall and you back to the wall. Have one side of the desk againt a wall. Granted you see some of the wires but will get you a better sound. Just an idea :)

Lamil... Your's and my desks are quite similar. I might setup my 3 monitors just like you have yours, and than when i get my dell mini 9, put it on that small part. hehe. I prefer to have my monitors straight across, but, right now i have them at the curve curved in.

17inch laptop, 17inch / 24 inch / 19inch(prolly about the size of a 20 or 22 inch monitor) if you decided to try it out so you know how the space will be =)

Did you post a pic of your desk in here?

edit nvm =)

Would a new picture be nice? lol *checks photobucket*

Here is a semi recent one. Ill get a newer one soon

DSC09006.jpg

i really need to post some pics of my 32" 1080p Regza. toshiba would get so many orders after i do, lol.

Back