• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

Viewsonic VX2235wm


dsc02053hf3.jpg

dsc02048ch4.jpg
 
My new setup at home. Dell 3007 on the right and Dell 2405 on the left. I will be adding another dell 2405 on the left in a few days.

IMGP0919.jpg

IMGP0920.jpg

IMGP0921.jpg

IMGP0922.jpg

IMGP0924.jpg

IMGP0927.jpg
 
HI can I just say I love this forum and especially this thread.
I love showing off new hardware that I have slaved and saved to purchase and I also love seeing what other ppl have and enjoy reading the comments and compliments people make.
Surely thats the whole idea of a "show your display" topic..

So what the hell is Meow "the social conscience" even doing in here!!
It doesn't make any sense, from whats he saying surely the only use for energy is to cook so why is he in here trying to make everybody feel bad about enjoying there hardware..
Surely not the place to be preaching about energy efficiency and your carbon footprint???

So hopefully back to normal and I look forward to seeing loads more pics of kickass set ups!!

Btw your american guys don't realise how lucky you are we still have to pay through the nose for our large lcd's for instance the Dell 2407 is around £550 to purchase off overclockers uk, thats well over a thousand dollars, great eh?
 
/dropsdead what do you do for a living :O


I am a Network Admin. Honestly I almost never play the ps3. I have played it one time since I got it. I have thought about ebaying it but I am holding out for new games. I do enjoy the Wii and 360 when I have time. That large silver device is my Sony 400 disc changer that I never use. I always use the 360 HD-DVD player. The smaller silver device above the dvd changer is my Directv HD DVR. Love that thing. They unofficially support eSATA so I can add more space if needed. Behind the TV is my cable modem, my IPCOP pc, and a gigabit switch to provide network access to the Wii, DVR, 360, PS3, and runs back into my data close that has my main gigabit switch and NAS. The black device is my Onkyo 7.1 receiver with Polk RTi6 in the front, RTi4 for the sides and rear, and CSi5 for center. The sub is a old Infinity 12" that I hope to replace with a Velodyne 10" soon. I really like the new setup with having my Mitsu 55" HDTV in the middle of my two monitors.
 
I like how the camera makes the fingerprints look black on the glass :) Ignore the Warhol plates...wife...

dsc02716hf2.jpg
 
Thanks guys.

The light is from Ikea. It is called the Tybble. I think it was $30 bucks. A bit much, but I was in the Ikea mood.

Just borrowed the movie from a friend. I think I need to buy it in WS to add to the collection.

It is actually a QTZ Quarts Composer file set as a screen saver. You may be able to email the guy to get some screen shots or something. Here is the link.
 
those who talk about threadcrappers are threadcrapping like this threadcrap. It's impossible to make this point without threadcrapping.

I'll contribute something again. Ol' Westy, ' tis of thee :D

img0759fc6.jpg


for kicks ;)

img0760fi5.jpg


img0723js4.jpg
 
here is my new setup:


IMG_2371.JPG


What do you guys think of my wire management?

what's the rectangular white box at the bottom of the desk? If it is for the cable, why jam all the cables inside? You have rabbits at home like me?

Also, why use the cable ties to tie the robot arm? Was it too heavy for the arm?
 
what's the rectangular white box at the bottom of the desk? If it is for the cable, why jam all the cables inside? You have rabbits at home like me?

Also, why use the cable ties to tie the robot arm? Was it too heavy for the arm?

its a Belkin surge protector, its pretty cool because you can hide all the power bricks etc. inside it and all you see is a nice white box.

The reason i used the zip strips on the ergotron is that because i have the optional speaker, it makes it just to heavy for the arm to hold it in the tilt position i want, so i just rigged up a nice little mod and it actually works awesome!
 
Hi
Heres my setup, haven't upgraded my main hardware or screen for nearly 3 years now so im ready for a new dx10 ready monster and a much larger lcd but reading all the reviews of the 24'' + panels just puts me off..

Hope you like it...;)

CIMG1634.JPG


My Viewsonic vp201b has been a supreme piece of kit, one of the first gaming 20 inchers, cost me well over £700 a long while back now but still very happy with it..(Would love something bigger now)

CIMG1641.JPG


4.jpg


CIMG1454.JPG


cam 044.jpg


CIMG1642.JPG


My oldest tft, Samsung syncmaster 171p designed by F.A Porsche
I bought it after reading in pczone back in the day when crt reigned over us, about lcd tft screens that would be able to play games, NEVER we said!
At the time the only tft's around were beige and would of made you ill to play a game on so it used to be the envy of my m8's! LOL how times change..:D
 
jesteroony, is that road kill in your last picture? Should watch where you steer your chair. ;)
 
Ikea. It's the jerker, seems to be a favorite among the [H].

Yeah, it looks nice in the picture but after I bought it, I gave it to my lil sister the next week. I can't stand the quality, but what can I expect for $130??? I found a used commercial grade desk for under $100 and very happy with it.
 
Meow, what country are you in?

Anyhoo, I agree w/ the turn off monitor idea, I do that too. When I wrap things up or work on something that only needs 1 monitor, I do turn off the other one.
 
Is there another subforum this crap can be discussed? Its really annoying. I come here to escape the real world :(
 
Kinda sad... But this is a pic of my setup with my FIRST LCD Monitor(Dell E228WFP).

I'm extremely happy except for a few things with the monitor (Too much red, backlight seeping at top and bottom yet hardly noticeable).

414109746_d88aefea2c_b.jpg
 
Ok guys - enough. This is a thread to show off and comment on LCD hardware setups. If you've got an axe to grind about political issues, this is NOT the place. The personal attacks and jabs also have to stop. You guys HAVE to keep this thread on topic, which includes NOT quoting any off topic posts. If things go sideways, use the "Report Post" button and we'll get it handled.

These are some of the rules you all agreed to when you registered. Read them and follow them. If this continues, the thread gets locked and folks get administrative attention. I can't make this any plainer, and it's completely in your control.

Thanks -
 
CIMG1642.JPG


My oldest tft, Samsung syncmaster 171p designed by F.A Porsche
I bought it after reading in pczone back in the day when crt reigned over us, about lcd tft screens that would be able to play games, NEVER we said!
At the time the only tft's around were beige and would of made you ill to play a game on so it used to be the envy of my m8's! LOL how times change..:D

Oh boy, is that thing familiar to me. This thing is so old that LCDs were still ugly 15 inchers and all beige in those days...and with 50-80ms response time, and crazy ghosting etc. I bought my 171p designed by porsche for $1000 back in the day. One of the first attractive LCDs with decent specs and swivel and rotate and it actually has a build in handle for picking it up. Even touch-sensitive bad versus the ugly buttons most had. How some things have changed. It's next to me right now.
 
jesteroony, is that road kill in your last picture? Should watch where you steer your chair.
Lol well spotted that's my Cocker spaniel puppy same one that's in the photo on the screen above him..

Oh boy, is that thing familiar to me. This thing is so old that LCDs were still ugly 15 inchers and all beige in those days...and with 50-80ms response time, and crazy ghosting etc. I bought my 171p designed by porsche for $1000 back in the day. One of the first attractive LCDs with decent specs and swivel and rotate and it actually has a build in handle for picking it up. Even touch-sensitive bad versus the ugly buttons most had. How some things have changed. It's next to me right now

Yeah those old beige flatscreens were impossible to play on I remeber a m8 trying to play a first person shooter and the ghosting was so bad that you left a trail that stayed almost permanently behind you..lol..Thats why that 171p was so special..Now you can get about 6 17'' screens for the price of that one! ..lol
Thats progress!!;)
 
where did you get your desk from spotdog14? please tell :)

Ikea. It's the jerker, seems to be a favorite among the [H].

Yeah, it looks nice in the picture but after I bought it, I gave it to my lil sister the next week. I can't stand the quality, but what can I expect for $130??? I found a used commercial grade desk for under $100 and very happy with it.


yes it is a Jerker desk. I love it, my girlfriend got it for me for xmas, before that i was using some el cheapo Wal-Mart desk that i gave to her mom. I like it so much i want to get another one (though not the one with the shelf).

Bennetvu, what are you referring to with you talk about quality? I am at work right now and am sitting at a "commercial grade" cube and i would say they are about on par with each other, though the Jerker comes (optional, you purchase) better wire management than the cube desk i am sitting at.

The only thing i can say negative about the Jerker is that it is not very stable, that is because it is on carpet, and if it were on a hard surface it would be fine.

Do you mind elaborating on why you didnt like your jerker, why didnt you just take it back, Ikea has an awesome return policy.
 
yes it is a Jerker desk. I love it, my girlfriend got it for me for xmas, before that i was using some el cheapo Wal-Mart desk that i gave to her mom. I like it so much i want to get another one (though not the one with the shelf).

Bennetvu, what are you referring to with you talk about quality? I am at work right now and am sitting at a "commercial grade" cube and i would say they are about on par with each other, though the Jerker comes (optional, you purchase) better wire management than the cube desk i am sitting at.

The only thing i can say negative about the Jerker is that it is not very stable, that is because it is on carpet, and if it were on a hard surface it would be fine.

Do you mind elaborating on why you didnt like your jerker, why didnt you just take it back, Ikea has an awesome return policy.

IMO, the top surface is flimsy. I didn't want to take it back because I live about an hour and half away from Ikea. Jerker is a great budget desk, but I rather buy a used commercial desk.
 
Kinda sad... But this is a pic of my setup with my FIRST LCD Monitor(Dell E228WFP).

I'm extremely happy except for a few things with the monitor (Too much red, backlight seeping at top and bottom yet hardly noticeable).

414109746_d88aefea2c_b.jpg
hey lightsourcex, i have that same mousepad, they get dirt easily huh! nice monitor, they cost cheap. i was thinking getting one, i think dell and samsung make the best 22" there are.
 
Back
Top