• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

man that monitor makes the 20.1" sceptre look freaking tiny! I am using the sceptre right now and it seems pretty darn big lol.
 
Can we keep the assholitus to a minimum? Who cares how he acquired the gear, it kicks ass.

Read his post, he's trying to insult other people's college setups. I have a much nicer setup than his for my purposes, while his is likely more expensive, to each his own. There's really no point in boasting, so I don't understand his post, and mine was just pointing out the obvious: he's boasting about something that he has no right to.
 
can that wacom table be used as a mouse? is the definition better, is it better than a mouse?
 
I don't understand what is wrong with you dumb dumb college students somehow reasoning that 4 piece of crap monitors is a great idea. Why don't you get 8 15" monitors if you want quantity stupid ass. Buy one 24" or better yet a 37" westing house. It blows away your stupid setup you can actually read web pages well and game are just off the hook.

hmm lets think about this logic. he posts a simple picture of his dorm setup. you think its stupid, so you feel you have to belittle not only him, but any college student who has a setup along those lines. have you ever been in a college dorm? Its hard as hell to even move around with your roommate. I highly doubt you could fit a 37" westy in a dorm room and still have desk room for anything else. And you would have to sit across the room from your screen and have wires to your keyboard and mouse blocking everything. Sure a 37" westy is better than a lot of little screens, but its just not practical in a dorm room.
 
Read his post, he's trying to insult other people's college setups. I have a much nicer setup than his for my purposes, while his is likely more expensive, to each his own. There's really no point in boasting, so I don't understand his post, and mine was just pointing out the obvious: he's boasting about something that he has no right to.

Well i know i just think we could leave out the "hows mommy and daddy's money" comment. I say again who cares how he got it?

Anyway, i havent posted my setup in a while.





 
can that wacom table be used as a mouse? is the definition better, is it better than a mouse?

I have a 4x6 Wacom Intuos 3, and it is awesome... as a tablet.

Not only is the mouse quite uncomfortable, but the tracking is much less precise than a regular mouse. The Tablet is intended to map out the screen thusly making it similar to a canvas. The problem lies when you attempt to make it emulate a mouse, as it acts somewhat "pixelated" (when you move the cursor, it moves in block-like segments, and not smoothly).

That said, if you intend to use the tablet for what it is, it is absolutely amazing. Don't purchase one if you want a more definition in a mouse. You can also use the mouse mapped out to the screen; though it is somewhat awkward.
 
I'm forced into the guest room atm as I'm doing some redecorating of my house atm. :(

But just got my A04 recently and have to post the obligatory photos. Sorry about the mild grainyness/fuzzyness of the photo's. Took the shots in low light using the camera on my mobile. (Cell if you wish:p)



 
Sorry for the quality of the pics, was taken with my Treo =P

Desktop
Common glass L shaped desktop with the corner piece removed (needed more room for the TV/stand, college apartment =/)

desktop.jpg


HDTV/HD-DVD/BD

img007.jpg
 
Sorry for the quality of the pics, was taken with my Treo =P

Desktop
Common glass L shaped desktop with the corner piece removed (needed more room for the TV/stand, college apartment =/)


HDTV/HD-DVD/BD

Just wondering but why Hd-dvd and blueray?
 
Just wondering but why Hd-dvd and blueray?

Currently Universal and Weinstein movies are HD DVD only whereas Disney, Fox, Lionsgate are Blu-Ray only. Paramount and Warner Brothers release on both format.

Even if Blu-Ray dies, I'll still be able to play games on the PS3, and if HD DVD dies, I'll still have one of the best upconverting DVD players out there (Toshiba HD-XA2).
 
Currently Universal and Weinstein movies are HD DVD only whereas Disney, Fox, Lionsgate are Blu-Ray only. Paramount and Warner Brothers release on both format.

Even if Blu-Ray dies, I'll still be able to play games on the PS3, and if HD DVD dies, I'll still have one of the best upconverting DVD players out there (Toshiba HD-XA2).

AH, i didint know that. Im not buying into the hd-movie world until a winner is defined.
 
I like the simplicity of it all, clean up what wires are there and you have a very nice minimalist approach.


Well the stereo is just a place holder until I can get some nice floor standers and a nice audio setup. Actually the TV is going to be mounted to the poles once all the real components are in place. I'll post a before and after once I get the whole setup finished in the summer.
 
I don't mean to get off topic but I have a feeling 300 is going to be one hell of a movie.
 
Sorry for the crappy pics, all I have access to right now is my camera phone. Here's my new Westinghouse 42" 1080p with a 19" lcd on the right side. Just assembled the desk this weekend. The 42" isn't as bright as it seems, just crappy pictures.



 


Hey everyone...I'm sorry that its taken so long to get back here to respond to some of the comments...I've been in Chicago since Wednesday visiting friends.

What brand are those speakers, betaomega04?
The big ones are Sony SS-MF550H's and you can find them for about $100 a pair. The mids aren't that great, but the highs are dead-on. The low-end woofers aren't that bad either. I would only suggest getting these if you can control the crossover exchange to the sub cause you can bottom them out pretty easily if you're not careful. The center channel is the Sony SS-CN5500H. This one is also about $100. Its a very good value given the price. If I had the option I would use a few of these as the surround speakers in place of my floorstanding ones. The smaller speakers are part of the Logitech z5500 system. A lot of people on here have them, and I'm sure that most of them would agree that they're a very solid system. The sub is pretty phat.
Yah, I gotta love his "original" poster selections as well.
What, were they sold out of Scarface?
I think its funny how people assume things and act without thinking. Its not that I have to justify myself, but I might as well humor you...

Left) Hell, who doesn't love Animal House?!?

Center) The center one (sorry about the glare) is one of those inspirational posters. It reads, "T-E-A-M-W-O-R-K — Teamwork is the ability to work as a group towards a common vision, even if that vision becomes extremely blurry." Its a picture of some people holding up a guy doing a keg stand...I'm the guy on the left holding him up...look it up:

http://www.allposters.com/-sp/Team-Work-Kegstand-Posters_i307623_.htm

Right) My fraternity name is "Rocky".

Far Right) My cousin is a member of Stomp.

Hey there Travis...

how practical is that? I mean, you got yourself a couple of computer speakers in front of stereo speakers that are not in a "surround" configuration. The monitors too are not positioned in a way that makes much sense -- to me anyway. Now if you come back with, I use the computer speakers for computer purposes while the other speakers are for my audio fetish, well then they're still positioned incorrectly. What do you do with all that stuff-really? Also, can you replace the desk in dorms today? Cuz that's gotta suck to have nice electronics and no room to put them anywhere. You know what I mean?
Well, I can understand your point; if I was in your position I would probably say the same thing.

Allow me to explain why all of this stuff is necessary. As I mentioned back on page 286, I am a music major. First off, I should say that I am into classical studies; mostly orchestral methods and contemporary composition, and as such there are many facets of my field that are peripheralized: writing, listening, studying, and performing. I compose and arrange a decent amount of music. If you have ever used music notation software, then you would understand the need for a large amount of desktop space, especially if you are dealing with 30+ staves at a time like I do with a good number of my compositions. The center two monitors are generally used for the main composition (music). The right-most monitor is generally for controlling my sampling media (i.e. soundfonts, virtual synthesizers, VST, DXT, MIDI.) The left-most monitor is used for web browsing, AIM, and more desktop space for composing should I need it. After composing music for years I've gotten really annoyed with scrolling every second and not being able to see everything on one screen at once. Its like trying to paint on a large canvas in a dark room with the little light on your key chain— you can see a small section when the light is up close, but you can't get the full perspective—its that kind of idea. I needed to be more efficient with my time. Having more desktop space makes what I do a lot easier, which is why I saved up to purchase all of those monitors. So in a sense it is a practical setup.

The speakers are setup like this for another key reason. If you have ever studied acoustics, you should know that if any given tone is doubled by another sound source, that tone will be amplified and provide for a more natural and characteristic sound. I play trumpet. When I play with other trumpet players, its important that the other person is playing correctly because if he's out of tune or he's not playing the style or notes correctly, then the sounds we're making go to hell. The same idea exists with speakers. Pairing speakers in the same channel can actually enhance your sound experience if done correctly. Just like you see with more expensive floorspeakers, you'll see that they often have dual tweeters and dual mids and dual low-end drivers. I have been saving up to purchase the Axiom Epic 80-600 system because I hate having to use two different sound systems to get the quality that I want, which by the way isn't that bad, nor are the acoustical characteristics of the speaker setup compromised by the dorm or the monitors I have placed on top of them. If I had more room I would space the speakers further out, but for now I have to go with what space I have to work with, however, my room mate allowed me to wire my rear z5500 speakers to the other side of the room.

My desk isn't too much of a concern right now. My dresser is the same height as my desk. So as far as positioning the two of them, I can place them side-by-side. I wanted to build a new desktop over the winter break that would elevate the monitors and give me more table room, but because of the weather conditions and stuff down here I couldn't find enough time to make it happen. If I really wanted to I could use another desk, but that's not the case with most dorms nowadays that don't allow you to use your own furniture; that's mainly because facility management would have nowhere to put the excess furniture. My particular dorm is for upper-classmen and grad students, so they're able to accommodate our needs a little better. I have an end table next to my desk that holds all of my components, including a PS3, xbox, Onkyo TX-SR804 receiver, Samsung DVD-HD960; the sub and PC are stored under the desk.

You must get your ass kicked a lot. And how is mommy and daddy's money? Good eh? Expected reply: I bought it with my cash from my summer job while they paid for my rent. Good one.

The great thing about being good at what you do is that people are more than willing to pay you handsomly for your services. That being said, this is how I'm paying for school and expenses on my own: Like I said before, I'm a music major. My music scholarship covers full tuition and fees;. In addition to that I recieve 4 separate scholarships from different departments within the school of music, which add up to about $3,000 a semester. My Air Force ROTC scholarship is supposed to cover my tuition and fees, but since that's already covered by the music school, I get to pocket that money. Every semester I'm given $750 for books plus a $400 stipend every month. As an incentive to being on a ROTC scholarship, my uiniversity gives cadets free room and board. The University Honors College also gives me $1,500 a semester for being on the chancelor's list for two consecutive years. So yeah, it pays to be smart...literally. On top of all of that my serving job pays about $900 a week, plus regular gigs that average about $300 apiece. I think I'm doing pretty well for myself as a college student

I don't understand what is wrong with you dumb dumb college students somehow reasoning that 4 piece of crap monitors is a great idea. Why don't you get 8 15" monitors if you want quantity stupid ass. Buy one 24" or better yet a 37" westing house. It blows away your stupid setup you can actually read web pages well and game are just off the hook.

Two words: pixel pitch

One word: Westinghouse

Mod Edit - Off topic quote removed - BlindedByScience

As for the monitors...the picture is much improved once you turn up the brightness. The only problem is that the extra heat can burn the image in in couple of hours if the screen doesn't change. They turn off automatically when I'm not using them.

As I mentioned in a different response, I'm on an Air Force ROTC scholarship (If you look at the base of my center speaker you'll see an extra uniform name tag that I placed on top of my audigy 4 module.) In order for me to retain my scholarship I must meet some pretty high physical requirements including my weight, run time, push-ups, and sit-ups. As such, I would find it very hard to run as far as I do if I was "fat." If you look on the far left, you'll see a snare head and a snare amplifier. I was a member of The Cadets Drum & Bugle Corps for quite some time. If you are not familiar with the activity, its one of the most physical activities a person could ever do; do your research and you'll understand what I mean. Running a marathon comes I am also into running marathons. My next one will be the Shamrock Marathon in Virginia Beach on St. Patty's Day. I am also one of the youngest people registered for the Ford Ironman Louisville triathalon scheduled for 26 August. You are right about one thing, though. For as much as I work out, I need a lot of food.

Heaven forbid that Americans work for what they want.

And its four (4) screens, by the way.

I don't mean to get off topic but I have a feeling 300 is going to be one hell of a movie.

Hell yeah, man. A friend of mine got tickets to a private screening, so I get to go see it tonight! I'll leave a comment or 2 about it tonight. I'm stoked!


Keep it real, guys...

Travis
 
Well played betaomega04! Hope this closes the chapter. Now maybe these twits can stop threadcrapping this thread. Let's get back to LCD pics folks. :cool:
 
yes.. more LCD goodnes.... anyone pick up the 26" Acer panel?? or two? :D I haven't seen one here yet.. maybe I missed it.. hrm.
 
Please, lets keep this topic on track and not have it end up like the Post Your Workstation or Post your Rigs without comments. It's one of the last, large galleries that allow comments so lets keep it open.
 
For those of you that are race fans. :) 3 Samsungs 971Ps w/ a TripleHead2Go.

Arcade&

I'm sorry but I have to quote this pic,
what's that computer case? I want to get one like that, it looks like Aerocool case, but it's different, anyone can tell me?

Thanks.

EDIT: It's actually AeroCool, haha ^^' nevermind.
oh and thanks auroraproject, I found it before reading your comments thou : )

and yeah I want those setup too hahaha
 
I'm sorry but I have to quote this pic,
what's that computer case? I want to get one like that, it looks like Aerocool case, but it's different, anyone can tell me?

Thanks.

F the case, i want the display setup ahaha.
 
This site isn't about boasting about how good yours stuff is...no one really gives a shit. Do us all a favor and just post pics of your stuff and let it be, because there will always be some kid out there with a better setup; though I've yet to find another student that can out-show my setup...lol

A potential new thread?!?

This guy is a winner!
 
Hey everyone...I'm sorry that its taken so long to get back here to respond to some of the comments...I've been in Chicago since Wednesday visiting friends.


The big ones are Sony SS-MF550H's and you can find them for about $100 a pair. The mids aren't that great, but the highs are dead-on. The low-end woofers aren't that bad either. I would only suggest getting these if you can control the crossover exchange to the sub cause you can bottom them out pretty easily if you're not careful. The center channel is the Sony SS-CN5500H. This one is also about $100. Its a very good value given the price. If I had the option I would use a few of these as the surround speakers in place of my floorstanding ones. The smaller speakers are part of the Logitech z5500 system. A lot of people on here have them, and I'm sure that most of them would agree that they're a very solid system. The sub is pretty phat.

I think its funny how people assume things and act without thinking. Its not that I have to justify myself, but I might as well humor you...

Left) Hell, who doesn't love Animal House?!?

Center) The center one (sorry about the glare) is one of those inspirational posters. It reads, "T-E-A-M-W-O-R-K — Teamwork is the ability to work as a group towards a common vision, even if that vision becomes extremely blurry." Its a picture of some people holding up a guy doing a keg stand...I'm the guy on the left holding him up...look it up:

http://www.allposters.com/-sp/Team-Work-Kegstand-Posters_i307623_.htm

Right) My fraternity name is "Rocky".

Far Right) My cousin is a member of Stomp.


Well, I can understand your point; if I was in your position I would probably say the same thing.

Allow me to explain why all of this stuff is necessary. As I mentioned back on page 286, I am a music major. First off, I should say that I am into classical studies; mostly orchestral methods and contemporary composition, and as such there are many facets of my field that are peripheralized: writing, listening, studying, and performing. I compose and arrange a decent amount of music. If you have ever used music notation software, then you would understand the need for a large amount of desktop space, especially if you are dealing with 30+ staves at a time like I do with a good number of my compositions. The center two monitors are generally used for the main composition (music). The right-most monitor is generally for controlling my sampling media (i.e. soundfonts, virtual synthesizers, VST, DXT, MIDI.) The left-most monitor is used for web browsing, AIM, and more desktop space for composing should I need it. After composing music for years I've gotten really annoyed with scrolling every second and not being able to see everything on one screen at once. Its like trying to paint on a large canvas in a dark room with the little light on your key chain— you can see a small section when the light is up close, but you can't get the full perspective—its that kind of idea. I needed to be more efficient with my time. Having more desktop space makes what I do a lot easier, which is why I saved up to purchase all of those monitors. So in a sense it is a practical setup.

The speakers are setup like this for another key reason. If you have ever studied acoustics, you should know that if any given tone is doubled by another sound source, that tone will be amplified and provide for a more natural and characteristic sound. I play trumpet. When I play with other trumpet players, its important that the other person is playing correctly because if he's out of tune or he's not playing the style or notes correctly, then the sounds we're making go to hell. The same idea exists with speakers. Pairing speakers in the same channel can actually enhance your sound experience if done correctly. Just like you see with more expensive floorspeakers, you'll see that they often have dual tweeters and dual mids and dual low-end drivers. I have been saving up to purchase the Axiom Epic 80-600 system because I hate having to use two different sound systems to get the quality that I want, which by the way isn't that bad, nor are the acoustical characteristics of the speaker setup compromised by the dorm or the monitors I have placed on top of them. If I had more room I would space the speakers further out, but for now I have to go with what space I have to work with, however, my room mate allowed me to wire my rear z5500 speakers to the other side of the room.

My desk isn't too much of a concern right now. My dresser is the same height as my desk. So as far as positioning the two of them, I can place them side-by-side. I wanted to build a new desktop over the winter break that would elevate the monitors and give me more table room, but because of the weather conditions and stuff down here I couldn't find enough time to make it happen. If I really wanted to I could use another desk, but that's not the case with most dorms nowadays that don't allow you to use your own furniture; that's mainly because facility management would have nowhere to put the excess furniture. My particular dorm is for upper-classmen and grad students, so they're able to accommodate our needs a little better. I have an end table next to my desk that holds all of my components, including a PS3, xbox, Onkyo TX-SR804 receiver, Samsung DVD-HD960; the sub and PC are stored under the desk.



The great thing about being good at what you do is that people are more than willing to pay you handsomly for your services. That being said, this is how I'm paying for school and expenses on my own: Like I said before, I'm a music major. My music scholarship covers full tuition and fees;. In addition to that I recieve 4 separate scholarships from different departments within the school of music, which add up to about $3,000 a semester. My Air Force ROTC scholarship is supposed to cover my tuition and fees, but since that's already covered by the music school, I get to pocket that money. Every semester I'm given $750 for books plus a $400 stipend every month. As an incentive to being on a ROTC scholarship, my uiniversity gives cadets free room and board. The University Honors College also gives me $1,500 a semester for being on the chancelor's list for two consecutive years. So yeah, it pays to be smart...literally. On top of all of that my serving job pays about $900 a week, plus regular gigs that average about $300 apiece. I think I'm doing pretty well for myself as a college student



Two words: pixel pitch

One word: Westinghouse



Its always good to think about what you're going to say in a public place like [H]ard|Forum; people can get the wrong impression about you based on tasteless remarks.
If you check out a thermo-index of the world, you'll see that China and India produce significantly more heat that the US. There has never been a concern for an energy shortage, rather there has been a concern for fuel production. As a result, there is an industrial push to further the technology of alternitive energy methods. Hydrogen fuel cells are the wave of the future, but its a matter of making them applicable and affordable for our everyday needs. Its only a matter of time. Yes, the world is getting warmer, but its rediculous to think that the world has never gone through severe climate fluxuations before. Here in the US, we experience the "Dust Bowl" in the 1920's: the top soil throughout the central part of the United States dried up and eroded to the western part of the country. We experienced a sharp decrease in overall temperaure during the 40's as well. I also believe that at one point out planet experienced an ice-age, where the poles were temperate and fluxuated several times.

As for the monitors...the picture is much improved once you turn up the brightness. The only problem is that the extra heat can burn the image in in couple of hours if the screen doesn't change. They turn off automatically when I'm not using them.

As I mentioned in a different response, I'm on an Air Force ROTC scholarship (If you look at the base of my center speaker you'll see an extra uniform name tag that I placed on top of my audigy 4 module.) In order for me to retain my scholarship I must meet some pretty high physical requirements including my weight, run time, push-ups, and sit-ups. As such, I would find it very hard to run as far as I do if I was "fat." If you look on the far left, you'll see a snare head and a snare amplifier. I was a member of The Cadets Drum & Bugle Corps for quite some time. If you are not familiar with the activity, its one of the most physical activities a person could ever do; do your research and you'll understand what I mean. Running a marathon comes I am also into running marathons. My next one will be the Shamrock Marathon in Virginia Beach on St. Patty's Day. I am also one of the youngest people registered for the Ford Ironman Louisville triathalon scheduled for 26 August. You are right about one thing, though. For as much as I work out, I need a lot of food.

Heaven forbid that Americans work for what they want.

And its four (4) screens, by the way.



Hell yeah, man. A friend of mine got tickets to a private screening, so I get to go see it tonight! I'll leave a comment or 2 about it tonight. I'm stoked!


Keep it real, guys...

Travis

I'm impressed by your setup and I'm not surprised that some people are jealous with what you have. Just ignore them.

The whole global warming shit coming Meow is just retarded. One person alone cannot be held responsible for the state of the Earth. I honestly doubt the 4 LCDs will use as much electricity and create as much pollution as a coal power plant burning coal in China. The simple answer is that Meow is simply jealous of what you have and he's just resorting to personal attacks to discredit what you have. I hate pathetic losers like that. Just because they don't have something they end up trying to pounce on other people.
 
Back
Top