• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

YO!! WADDUP HARD PEEPS. Finally joined up. Here's my latest setup in my tech FiX.
I went through 4 before finding the one that I like with no dead pixels. Went from Gateway 22" to Chimei 22" to LG 22" back to a Gateway 22". I don't have the greatest camera so excuse the pics. one without flash and one with flash. Just got my xbox 360 wireless receiver setup going tonight!! w00t So far I've played, BF2142, NFS Carbon, Flatout, CSS and all ran and looked great!.

http://home.comcast.net/~dohctalon/images/GATEWAY1.JPG

http://home.comcast.net/~dohctalon/images/GATEWAY.JPG
 
p1020245wm9.jpg


Hi
I just got my 22" lcd last night
Syncmaster 226BW
and my old 19" Sony Multiscan G400

those sony's crt wow they are beautiful! how is the image quality on the sony, Badr?
 
Can you put the comp in one of those cabinets? I was thinking about making myself a desk like that.

Well it's usually not a good idea to do that unless the back is taken out and the desk isn't up against a back wall as this severly affects proper airflow. It would be bad enough that you're putting a big door in front of the case to prevent intake air. Now if you carved out a good portion of the front door and replaced it with a filter mesh, opened up the back and pulled the desk from the wall... hmmm...
 
Thanks mate :)



Hm, i've had it for a while now so i guess i can objectively compare it with the 2407WFP. I've decided to keep the 2707WFP in favour of the revision A03 2407WFP.

Overall, i'm very pleased with the 2707WFP. The quality of the construction is flawless - no sharp edges, no creaks and very smooth height and swivel adjustments. Absolutely no backlight bleed or dead pixels, like the 2407WFPs i had.

In terms of image quality, i can't really notice the wide gamut relative to the 2407WFP - but then again, my eye's aren't exactly 20/20 and i don't photoshop regularly. I've had the screens calibrated with a Spyder2Express and it gets rid of the slightly cool blue hue that is on both the 2407WFP and 2707WFP at stock, just a slight blue hue.

The only bad points that i can think of is that the pixel pitch of this is bigger than my 2407WFPs, at first, it was noticable, but that was probably because the 2407WFP was sitting next to the 2707WFP. But after moving the 2407WFP away, the larger pixel pitch isn't really noticable and the image seems just as smooth.

The other negative is the price - in terms of value, the 2407WFP is better value, hands down.I like this one better than the 2407WFP because, to me, it looks better thanks to the aluminium construction and glass stand.
I guess this monitor can be justified over the 2407WFP is if you need a larger dot pitch than the 24" because of viewing distances or eyesight.

Overall, a big yay and thumbsup from me!

Thanks for all the good info!

Just one more question -- you said that you don't mind the larger DP, but do you find that text is easier to read with cleartype on or off (if you have tried)?
 
Well it's usually not a good idea to do that unless the back is taken out and the desk isn't up against a back wall as this severly affects proper airflow. It would be bad enough that you're putting a big door in front of the case to prevent intake air. Now if you carved out a good portion of the front door and replaced it with a filter mesh, opened up the back and pulled the desk from the wall... hmmm...

Actually, you could vent almost all of the bottom of the desk (being it's just off the ground) and vent the back and maybe a 3" vent strip along the inside or outside of the desk. It'd look ghetto on the front.
 
Actually, you could vent almost all of the bottom of the desk (being it's just off the ground) and vent the back and maybe a 3" vent strip along the inside or outside of the desk. It'd look ghetto on the front.

Hmm. Now that's an interesting idea. Although I woudn't want the ventilation air my systems are using to come from the very bottom of my office (where most of the dust will collect). Still, a pretty subtle way of venting interior computer components without making them visible. I like it!
 
Thanks for all the good info!

Just one more question -- you said that you don't mind the larger DP, but do you find that text is easier to read with cleartype on or off (if you have tried)?

I'm running Windows Vista at the moment and i have clear type on - i can't tell the difference between on and off, even with my eyes a centimeter (.4") from the screen. So i'm not sure if cleartype is working or not (i know it works in XP, i was using it with cleartype in XP not long ago). But either way, font looks great, not pixelated at all!
 
workareacb7.jpg


Not sure of a logical place for my center speaker atm--doesn't really matter because I am not using my speakers in a true surround sound manner. :rolleyes:

...and yes, that's my ghost friend in the picture near the window.
 
Rather old pictures, but I don't have any newer ones.

room1.jpg
room2.jpg


And yes the lighting in my room really is that bad.

Changed quite a bit since then. I had to ditch that desk because it was just too small and those Infinity speakers were a tad heavy for it anyway. I replaced it with an old Steelcase desk I got for free heh. That monitor was my first LCD (a Samsung SyncMaster 912n) that I actually had to buy so I could use those speakers - they didn't get along with my old Viewsonic pro CRT. I now use the Samsung as my second monitor and have a Optiquest Q9 as my main.

Both are going to be replaced soon, though I haven't decided on what yet. I am thinking about holding out for a VX2835wm, but if Viewsonic takes much longer I might go with a BenQ FP241WZ. As long as it is decent I am not a huge picture buff. Audio is more my thing. With a display I just ask that it not be any worse than what I have now and that it is large. Looking for info on a new display is actually what brought me here :)
 
47il4ck.jpg


Made the desk by hand with my dad.

Any suggestions to make this a better workplace? Besides upgrading to a bigger monitor?
 
Rather old pictures, but I don't have any newer ones.

http://www.avidgamer.net/mattyc/room1.jpg
http://www.avidgamer.net/mattyc/room2.jpg

And yes the lighting in my room really is that bad.
[snip]

wow.. this looks like one of my old rooms from when I lived with all my buddies in a 4 bed house.. low lighting, lots a stuff (media, cds, dvds, games, posters, etc..) all over.. but very neatly organized also.. :) I had that exact same ~style~ desk.. bought at Sears.. did yours have a cornering section and a printer/utility stand to hang off the corner part?? mine did.. not sure if it's the exact same or not.. anyways.. little deja-vous for me.
 
wow.. this looks like one of my old rooms from when I lived with all my buddies in a 4 bed house.. low lighting, lots a stuff (media, cds, dvds, games, posters, etc..) all over.. but very neatly organized also.. :) I had that exact same ~style~ desk.. bought at Sears.. did yours have a cornering section and a printer/utility stand to hang off the corner part?? mine did.. not sure if it's the exact same or not.. anyways.. little deja-vous for me.

I am actually not sure what all it came with or where it was even from heh

I was going out to get some food one day and our neighbor was hauling out a bunch of stuff to take to Goodwill, including that desk. I offed him $20 for it and I have had it ever since :) After I got the Steelcase I stopped using it for my desktop but I still have it and set my laptop up on it.
 
http://img472.imageshack.us/img472/4445/workareacb7.jpg

Not sure of a logical place for my center speaker atm--doesn't really matter because I am not using my speakers in a true surround sound manner. :rolleyes:

...and yes, that's my ghost friend in the picture near the window.
what monitor is that?
 
That looks nice, man. I like the thick wood, too. I'd, maybe, try to use some of the extra room under the desk by adding a shelf or something- just an idea.

Yah, good call on the shelf.

Is there enough room underneath to put some sort of housing for a printer/multifunction on the right side (near front)?
 
47il4ck.jpg


Made the desk by hand with my dad.

Any suggestions to make this a better workplace? Besides upgrading to a bigger monitor?

Ya, I have one! I a CHAIR!;)

Seriously good stuff and a sweat desk. As for the monitor, I would upgrade it but I would also move it closer to you. It would be more ergo if you move about 50% closer.
 
Hi guys, some very nice setups you got here. Thought i would post mine also. Sry about the bad pics.

When I first got my 30" i thought i would use it with 2 x 2007FP also but that seemed way to much space for me so i gave one of them away to my mom :)

IMG_1166web.jpg


Some BF2

IMG_1193_filtered.jpg


Recent setup

024.jpg


029.jpg
 
Nice setup patrick. the keyboard is the logitech G15. One of my favorite keyboards, although no vista 64 bit drivers...Razor mouse?
 
nice setup patrik_e. Very simple yet high tech especially the first pic of your post. By the way, what did you do with the other 2 monitors on the sides?? (just wanna know)
 
I've got 2x CRTs to the right, & when my old laptop get's back from repairs that'll be another LCD to add to the collection.

workstation&
 
this is my setup mainly used to play 2 chars in everquest =P photo quality sucks its from my phone

setuphp9.jpg
 
"nice setup patrik_e. Very simple yet high tech especially the first pic of your post. By the way, what did you do with the other 2 monitors on the sides?? (just wanna know)
"

Thanks :) Well as i wrote in my first post I thought that 2 extra monitors would be a bit much, so I gave one away to my mom instead, the other one is still there on the right handside :)
 
I know it's a little desk, but I don't use it for anything other than my computer :)
This is my new Dell 2407WFP Rev A04 from Mexico
desk_setup.jpg
 
I know it's a little desk, but I don't use it for anything other than my computer :)
This is my new Dell 2407WFP Rev A04 from Mexico
desk_setup.jpg

Nice setup, small, compact, a little Irish coffee down in the lower RIGHT for some late noc gaming... what case is that Pixogen?
 
Greetings from Finland! :)

I moved into my first studio apartment a month ago. Here's some (Crappy...) pics of my setup. :p


Television2.jpg

Computer.jpg

Computer2.jpg
 
Back
Top