• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

hey lightsourcex, i have that same mousepad, they get dirt easily huh! nice monitor, they cost cheap. i was thinking getting one, i think dell and samsung make the best 22" there are.

Yea very easily.

I'm going to get a real glass icemat and give this one to my friends lil' bro or something.

I agree that dell & samsung make the best monitors period IMO, samsung makes like the best LCD tv's and they also (I heard) they make dell's panels.

So either way it's a win-win situation.
 
Ok guys - enough. This is a thread to show off and comment on LCD hardware setups. If you've got an axe to grind about political issues, this is NOT the place.
Next time try and be consequent, so cut out ALL quotes relating to the righteous war against too many screens and over-use of energy. Not only delete my view.
You could at least have moved the writing to the general Mayhem forum. I feel like I have lost a lot of time now, deleting it wasn't necessary at all.
This is sheer censoring. Afraid of the truth are we?

By the way, is there a delete option in vBulletin? I seem to be missing it, even though it says "edit/delete"..
 
img0723js4.jpg

I like the hotswappable hard drives.
 
Here is my desk setup.
The monitor is a DELL 20" and I am goig to get a Full HD LCD to fit with my PS3. Thinking of the DELL 2407 and 2707, which will be the better one!
---------------------------------------
3.JPG

---------------------------------------
Alternate view:
5.JPG
 
Here is my desk setup.
The monitor is a DELL 20" and I am goig to get a Full HD LCD to fit with my PS3. Thinking of the DELL 2407 and 2707, which will be the better one!
---------------------------------------
3.JPG

---------------------------------------
Alternate view:
5.JPG

What program are you using to play music?
 
Ah the screen is showing the Player from PS3.
You can see similar viz by running WinAMP Viz in full screen
 
My recently assembled setup:

lcdsetupec8.jpg


Dell 3007WFP-HC + NEC 20WMGX2 on my primary gaming/browsing box, which sits behind the monitors giving support to the crappy hollow shelf above. I'm quite happy with the 3007 so far, aside from the matte finish being a bit distracting to me coming from the beautiful glossy finish of the NEC. The finish does seem even harsher than other Dell monitors I've used though, but it's not bad enough that I want to return the monitor.

My file server / media box / application server sits on the shelf with a Hyundai L90D+ screwed into the prefab plexiglass window the side of the case. I don't remember the model of that case but I've had it for about 4 years and it's great. The video cables for the monitor are run through the case and out the back through empty PCI slots.

All of this sits on an Ikea kitchen table. I never bothered to get a real desk, but this table has really done the job nicely.

So far I'm very pleased with the setup but I need to angle the server LCD downwards because it's a TN panel and the angle is not so hot. Not sure quite yet how I'll go about this.
 
This thread has provided me with some of the best ideas when I upgrade everything this summer, can't for to be a new desk, tower, laptop ect...:D





 
Just got my 26" Acer in and the rest of my desk, I have a lot of computer parts on the shelves never can have enough spare parts when something goes bad :). The stand is still on the monitor I was not sure about placement of the LCD mount and so forth so I just removed the bottom part of the stand. Bad thing is it looks like I have to take off the entire back panel to get the stand off the back of it :(. Great monitor so far other than that though.

part1.jpg


part2.jpg


part3.jpg
 
p1020245wm9.jpg

p1020248pz7.jpg

Hi
I just got my 22" lcd last night
Syncmaster 226BW
and my old 19" Sony Multiscan G400
 
Dammit uploaded the wrong one thought I added the thumbnail version :(. Hehe guess I got used to that 1920X1200 rez and resizing isnt that bad with it :).
 
Here's mine just after i cleaned up my room a few days ago! Never thought i'd finish cleaning my room of all the junk :eek:


Clicky to make bigger!


Clicky to make bigger!
 
Nice setup guys.

What program do you guys use to have separate Wpapers on multi-monitor setups?
 
Man i'm jealous, so many sweet setups just makes me realise I got some catching up to do!!

Anyone know of any decent UK based retailers with a decent range of glass L-shaped desks? I've tried loads of websites and they all have the same stuff :(
 
Did you just drill holes in the side panel and make a interior brace to mount that lcd on the computer case?

The side panel is almost entirely a plexiglass window. I already had a hole drilled into the lower left portion of it from years ago when I used to have an intake fan there to cool my 6800GT. That hole just happened to be in the perfect spot to run the DVI and power cables, so I just needed to dremel four screw holes where the LCD mount points are and it was cake from there.
 
Yeah they popping up all over the country, they opened one here in Cardiff a few years back. I had a look at the online catalogue and there were precisely ZERO L-shape desks. I'm gonna have a look there this week cos they do some pretty good chairs so hopefully they will suprise me and have something worth looking at.
 
Here's mine just after i cleaned up my room a few days ago! Never thought i'd finish cleaning my room of all the junk :eek:


Clicky to make bigger!

What is your overall impression of the 2707WFP?

I've looked thru your posts but I haven't found a difinitive yay or nay...(value, quality, comparison to your previous screen, etc..) TIA
 
Nice cans.

Thanks mate :)

What is your overall impression of the 2707WFP?

I've looked thru your posts but I haven't found a difinitive yay or nay...(value, quality, comparison to your previous screen, etc..) TIA

Hm, i've had it for a while now so i guess i can objectively compare it with the 2407WFP. I've decided to keep the 2707WFP in favour of the revision A03 2407WFP.

Overall, i'm very pleased with the 2707WFP. The quality of the construction is flawless - no sharp edges, no creaks and very smooth height and swivel adjustments. Absolutely no backlight bleed or dead pixels, like the 2407WFPs i had.

In terms of image quality, i can't really notice the wide gamut relative to the 2407WFP - but then again, my eye's aren't exactly 20/20 and i don't photoshop regularly. I've had the screens calibrated with a Spyder2Express and it gets rid of the slightly cool blue hue that is on both the 2407WFP and 2707WFP at stock, just a slight blue hue.

The only bad points that i can think of is that the pixel pitch of this is bigger than my 2407WFPs, at first, it was noticable, but that was probably because the 2407WFP was sitting next to the 2707WFP. But after moving the 2407WFP away, the larger pixel pitch isn't really noticable and the image seems just as smooth.

The other negative is the price - in terms of value, the 2407WFP is better value, hands down.I like this one better than the 2407WFP because, to me, it looks better thanks to the aluminium construction and glass stand.
I guess this monitor can be justified over the 2407WFP is if you need a larger dot pitch than the 24" because of viewing distances or eyesight.

Overall, a big yay and thumbsup from me!
 
Back
Top