Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

An M3.... ahh...

What's even nicer is when your friend lets you drive his M3 for the whole week while he's on vacation... thanks Jay! ;)

Nacho said:
Well its not the fact I'm overloading is, its the fact that My room is one circuit anyway. It may look bad, but I havent had a problem in the 3 months I've been up here.

one way the problem can occur is there is a spike or drop in voltage supply, which happens on rare occasion, in my house, about 3 - 5 times last year. But I use the APC Smart UPS, so I know right away there is a drop in voltage.

The least you have to do, since you only have one outlet, is to pull that power pack out, and use a 2nd power bar and plug directly into the wall outlet. That way, there is 2 indepedent power bar, each w/ 6 outlets, goes into the wall.

And then you have to decide based on the wattage, to even out the load on each power bar.

The only I did it in this house, is that I have a 20A APC Smart UPS 2200VA, so I paid an electrician to run an Bx Cable (armor cable) to drop from 2nd fl. to the basement, so my computer power is depedent of any sub-feeder in the 2nd floor.

codeoverride80 said:
Man.. I didn't even know about this overloading thing. I've had a power bar connected to another power bar for like 5 years!
I guess I could buy another power bar and connect it to another outlet but it'd be in the same room. Would that be safer? :confused:

You can't daisychain power bar because that power bar is meant to handle 6 outlet only, and is meant to connect directly to the wall. Once you connect one to another, you are really loading 12 outlet to one power bar, now, that's what the Fire Dept. can overloading,

And your insurance co. won't cover it because they classify these under intentional misuse, or sabotage. They defined "accident" as a one time thing, if you have it like that all along, they see this as an "unsafe" environment, purposedly created by you, and you made it happen, in other words, as the Fire dept. said "It's a time bomb waiting to happen."

You should run one power bar to one wall outlet, and run another power bar to a separate wall outlet, if the power bar is not long enough, you need a very heavy gauge extension cord to extend from there, depends on your load of course, the heavy gauge extension cord should be 1/2 inch in diameter.

Here we go, I've got everything except a good camera, yo. ;D

setup.JPG

kelim said:
Here we go, I've got everything except a good camera, yo. ;D
Might not be the best picture quality, but at least the photographer is good (nice to see a pictuer that's not blury once in a while). Did you use a tripod?

TSS Modder said:
holy..........................

well nvm then.... :eek:

?

at least i can return it in 3 years and get all my money back...and buy soemthing new with the money.............................................

RailGunRiz said:
^Damn that thing gets HOT
I am guessing that the LCD is hooked to the Laptop and that the 87C is the Laptop GPU in which it is running CS:S at the moment. That is about right. That is what my X850XT gets under full load in the SN25P shuttle. Also the properties say Gefore GO 6800 ultra. This is not a bad idea. This way he can monitor his temps while playing games.

Arkanian said:
I am guessing that the LCD is hooked to the Laptop and that the 87C is the Laptop GPU in which it is running CS:S at the moment. That is about right. That is what my X850XT gets under full load in the SN25P shuttle. Also the properties say Gefore GO 6800 ultra. This is not a bad idea. This way he can monitor his temps while playing games.

you hit it on the nose. Thats exactly wut i do.. But i finally found a set of drivers that let me use my 2005 as my primary..So now i game on the 20" and monitor my temps on the Laptop 17"... and 87 under load wile playing CSS maxed out at 1920x1200 is normal for a 6800U...

TSS Modder said:
when we all recover from the holidays and manage to get enough money to drop on a monitor...

LOL its a good thing I didn't go out of control this Christmas. In fact, I just bought Christmas cards for people. haha (me = cheapbastid)
I'm gonna use my tax return on this baby....and for either the upcoming nvidia G71 based card or the ATI R580 based card. :D

EDIT: And when I do get this monster I will sure to show you guys my absolutely outrageous setup! I plan to buy a adjustable monitor arm and will mount it up at the side of my desk which happens to be at the edge of my bed. LOL me da laziest bastid on da planet!! :p

ok, here we go ! This is mine LCD and rest of stuff setup :) I will change monitor soon on some 21,3'' or something :)

greetings,

Peacemaker.

Well for the people who didnt like my wiring.. I changed it around.. running all primary stuff on the first strip, and ran a line from downstairs for my mini-farm on the otherside of my room.

@ peacemaker, are you using one reciever for the keyboard, and another for a different mouse?

btw, this is my first post REALLY using my tablet PC... ( Flawless translation )

Ya its FEAR. Very fun game, scary too. Its like Half Life 2, but with more swearing, and is very drak, and can creap you out. Try playing with no lights on, loud sound, and on cocaine

ok, minus the coke, but its still fun

Peacemaker, I really like your simple setup you have there! Nice little flight sim too ^_^.

I must ask, what headphones do you have under your desk and do you like them?

quietRiot said:
are you using one reciever for the keyboard, and another for a different mouse?

yes, i was using Logitech MX Duo, but since MX700 mouse start pist me off, i buy MX1000. That's why i have to use both receiver :( One is working on 2.4 GHz, and another one not.

towert7 said:
Peacemaker, I really like your simple setup you have there! Nice little flight sim too ^_^.

I must ask, what headphones do you have under your desk and do you like them?

thank You. This part of Spitfire photo i made by my own on one of the airshows.

I'm using this headphones :
http://www.tomshardware.com/2005/07/14/headsets_gamers_can_love/page2.html

i really like them, but when i post my mini-review on one of the polish pc forum, i got a feeling that only i got working good revision :)
greetings,

Peacemaker.

p.s.

i add my signature ;)

Peacemaker said:
ok, here we go ! This is mine LCD and rest of stuff setup :) I will change monitor soon on some 21,3'' or something :)

Peacemaker.

I like your CH Products joystick, I always believe CH made the best tactical response joystick in the world, as I only use CH.

What is that cable that is so thick running down from the desk?

Nacho said:
Much better...

Now for moving up to 17 inch displays instead of 3 15's.

I can't see from that pic. what the connection is, as long as that black power bar at the bottom doesn't connect to the white pack at the wall, then you are in good shape. That way, your insurance claim dept. have no excuse if something happens at your house

Happy Hopping said:
What is that cable that is so thick running down from the desk?

its something like plastic tube. i got all monitor/mouse charger, trackir cables inside :)

Peacemaker.

Excuse the crappy camera phone picture and messy desk:

lcds.jpg

30" Syntax LCD TV @ 1280x720
20" Dell 2005fpw x 2 - Vertical @ 1050x1680
Not sure If I'm going to keep the 30" there or not yet.

Back