Screwed by EVGA

So In case I'm interested in buying a 3XXX series card since newer games on 4K require more power, how can I get in on the EVGA list? I do not want to pay scalper prices. I have a 2080 Ti but it's starting to struggle at 4K with the likes of Halo Infinite

So In case I'm interested in buying a 3XXX series card since newer games on 4K require more power, how can I get in on the EVGA list? I do not want to pay scalper prices. I have a 2080 Ti but it's starting to struggle at 4K with the likes of Halo Infinite
Do you have a time machine or a very nice friend?

You don't. You just missed joining a que for a 3050. Even if you were allowed to join the que you wouldn't get a card before they EoL then. Most ques are still in jan-march of 2021. Some still in 2020 even.

I mean it pays to enter the shuffle also. I got the EVGA 3050 today for my father from NE.

You don't. You just missed joining a que for a 3050. Even if you were allowed to join the que you wouldn't get a card before they EoL then. Most ques are still in jan-march of 2021. Some still in 2020 even.
Hmm wow. Ok so my best bet then is to wait for 4000 series and get on a queue for a 4080 I suppose? vegeta535

I signed up for XC3 as it fits in my case and the FTW3 does not (factoring in water block and where my res is).

Of course they do not appear to be making any XC3's.

EDIT: This 3070 will tide me over for a while. Will see what next gen brings performance, supply, and of course price wise at this stage.
I got a Hybrid XC3 in July from the Queue,
IMG_1983.JPEG

The new queue 3.0 seems to be working. I already got a few cards from them and was in fairly early on the 3080 12GB model but didn’t receive a notice so they must be prioritizing people that haven’t bought yet and/or people with high EVGA scores. Not really sure I want one anyway but I thought I would test it out to see.

Last edited:
The queue works very well for 3090. Got my 5th notification for 3090 as of yesterday. Only got 1 for 3080. I'd imagine the demand and wait time is much longer for 3080's and lower tier card. EVGA like other manufacturers are focusing the precious GPU's on higher profit SKU aka 3090's. Can't blame them. They were great with customer service when I missed the purchase windows twice.

Been on list with EVGA since Oct 2020 no card, Zotac had flash sale got a 3080 LHR no issues for MSRP. Just be aware I think it will be worse with next gen yields and pricing.
I was on their list since Sept 2020 for two cards, only to find out the SKU's were dead basically. I think their whole queue system is flawed, some people get 3-4 cards and others get nothing after more then a year.

I was on their list since Sept 2020 for two cards, only to find out the SKU's were dead basically. I think their whole queue system is flawed, some people get 3-4 cards and others get nothing after more then a year.

They have made a lot of changes. It's not bulletproof but it's better than it's original design.

I don't think that's a problem with the queue system so much as the fact that the cards you queue'd for don't exist. I learned my lesson on that the hard way also as I signed up for the "Gaming" (not Ultra Gaming) card that never existed. I have a 9/20 queue spot on that one that never shipped also.

But then I put in for cards I figured would ship and got a bunch from the queue. Just no 3080. The only 3080 I got from them was stepping up my 3070.

Got my first email from evga Friday. I basically signed up for que on every 3070 plus the ti version and also every 3060 plus ti versions back in Oct 2020. I got an email asking to be bumped to the 08g p5 3665 kl version. Does this mean my que is close to purchase? I actually signed up for the 3070s first but haven't gotten anything on them.. I guess what I'm wondering is the 3060ti worth getting over a 3070
Also when evga sends you an email that you can purchase a card is it in the morning or can it come at anytime? I ask bc this latest email came in at almost 9 pm lol

Got my first email from evga Friday. I basically signed up for que on every 3070 plus the ti version and also every 3060 plus ti versions back in Oct 2020. I got an email asking to be bumped to the 08g p5 3665 kl version. Does this mean my que is close to purchase? I actually signed up for the 3070s first but haven't gotten anything on them.. I guess what I'm wondering is the 3060ti worth getting over a 3070
Also when evga sends you an email that you can purchase a card is it in the morning or can it come at anytime? I ask bc this latest email came in at almost 9 pm lol

I got that e-mail a long time ago. Basically, they don't make the FHR cards anymore (but you can be left on the queue for one for some reason), and without action on your part, you will be transferred over to the queue for the LHR version. I don't think that has anything to do with where you are on the queue.

I think I've gotten the e-mails to buy EVGA cards in the afternoon (east cost).

Nobody can tell you whether the 3060Ti is a better fit over the 3070 for your needs except you. The 3060Ti is slightly cheaper, and the FHR versions hashed at the same rate as a 3070. So a 3060Ti would have been a better buy for mining. But there are a lot of factors that would determine which card is best for you (which you didn't elaborate on). Real world difference is probably ~10% between the two cards.

I had a similar experience, but I was about 20 min until expiry on my hold and it wouldn't let me check out. I contacted EVGA's customer service over email and they sent me a fresh link within the day, then had the card the next day.

Best to jump on the queue immediately when they open up. If you tried to jump on a 3080 queue now, good luck, it's never getting to you.

Yea, faster the better. Although some of the ques did make significant headway when they went. You can only wait in 2 ques.

I got that e-mail a long time ago. Basically, they don't make the FHR cards anymore (but you can be left on the queue for one for some reason), and without action on your part, you will be transferred over to the queue for the LHR version. I don't think that has anything to do with where you are on the queue.

I think I've gotten the e-mails to buy EVGA cards in the afternoon (east cost).

Nobody can tell you whether the 3060Ti is a better fit over the 3070 for your needs except you. The 3060Ti is slightly cheaper, and the FHR versions hashed at the same rate as a 3070. So a 3060Ti would have been a better buy for mining. But there are a lot of factors that would determine which card is best for you (which you didn't elaborate on). Real world difference is probably ~10% between the two cards.
Don't care for mining just want to upgrade my aging 970 If the 3060ti is cheaper and only preforms 10%less than a 3070 that seems to be a better buy for me. I was hoping this email meant my que is close but you've shattered that dream! Lol

Is it 2 now? Used to be 3.

As of October 11th, 2021. EVGA allows only two active 30 Series product notifications. If more than two 30 Series product notifications existed prior to 10/11/2021, the notification system will only recognize the two oldest product notifications based on the date/time requested, as indicated with an Active status. It is no longer possible to change or delete notifies. EVGA Staff does not have the ability to change notify products.

This was que update 2

• All customers must have an EVGA account to sign up for a notification.
  • Customers may have up to 2 VGA notifications at a time.
  • VGA notifications are limited to 1 per GPU chipset.
  • Non-VGA product notifications are not limited by chipset or number.
  • New launches will have 24-hour EVGA ELITE exclusivity.
  • Queue order is fluid and will be based on a number of factors, not just time/date of the notification.
  • EVGA Scores will be updated at the beginning of every month.
  • Customers will receive an email notification when reaching the top of the queue.
  • Customers will have 24 hours to purchase via the direct link in the email.
que update 3

This is really messed up. I've never had any issues with EVGA and their customer service seems to be really helpful every time I spoke with them

Honestly no you are not. I have been on the list for a 3080 for over a year. You and I like many others will not see one before the 4x release

Honestly no you are not. I have been on the list for a 3080 for over a year. You and I like many others will not see one before the 4x release
Ugh is there anything else I can get that's a good upgrade above my 970gtx I just got cyberpunk and I don't think it'll cut it lol

Last edited:
Wait a few weeks. The white 3080 strix is out of stock.

but this is in stock (as overpriced as it is)

https://www.newegg.com/msi-geforce-...0g-lhr/p/N82E16814137677?Item=N82E16814137677
Wait a few weeks for what though? Also I don't need a 3080. Even a 3060 would be great imo. What about a 3050 for 499 or the 3060ti for 750? Lol couldn't you get the 3050 and step up to 3070?
The price on the 3080 is actually not bad considering you cannot even find a 3070 for under 1000....

Last edited:
Last edited:
Is that even worth it over a 3080ti for 1100 lol still think it's all over priced... 3070s should be in 600 range.
I found a Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 AORUS ELITE (rev 2.0) LHR Graphics Card for 549? Seems a bit more reasonable than paying 900...i would rather an evga can't you step up from a lower card?
Go for it.

Is there something wrong with this card? It has 12gb as well for 529...I'm thinking a 3060 isn't that much slower than a regular 3070 right? I really don't know anything about these cards that's why I'm here asking lol

Is there something wrong with this card? It has 12gb as well for 529...I'm thinking a 3060 isn't that much slower than a regular 3070 right? I really don't know anything about these cards that's why I'm here asking lol
Might want to be more proactive and do some research then :). The 3060 is much slower than a 3070.

I see. The prices don't make sense though. Why get a 3070ti for 1000 if you can get 3080 with 10 GB for extra 100?

What's a better card out of the GIGABYTE Gaming GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8GB or the EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 ULTRA GAMING Video Card, 08G-P5-3797-KL, 8GB GDDR6?

I see. The prices don't make sense though. Why get a 3070ti for 1000 if you can get 3080 with 10 GB for extra 100?
The 3070 Ti I linked was $869.99, where is the RTX 3080 for $1100? Anyways I think everyone provided you enough information so you can figure out yourself on what to get.

The 3070 Ti I linked was $869.99, where is the RTX 3080 for $1100? Anyways I think everyone provided you enough information so you can figure out yourself on what to get.
It was at new egg a MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 10GB GDDR6X. It said in stock but when I went to add to cart it said out of stock lol. Well I'm asking the differences between brands? Is the evga better than gigabyte? What's considered the better brand out of all the cards

Back