Screwed by EVGA

Been on list with EVGA since Oct 2020 no card, Zotac had flash sale got a 3080 LHR no issues for MSRP. Just be aware I think it will be worse with next gen yields and pricing.

Been on list with EVGA since Oct 2020 no card, Zotac had flash sale got a 3080 LHR no issues for MSRP. Just be aware I think it will be worse with next gen yields and pricing.
Welp, if that turns out to be the case, then I'll just have to find another hobby and give up gaming for the forseeable future. Can't win em all.

Welp, if that turns out to be the case, then I'll just have to find another hobby and give up gaming for the forseeable future. Can't win em all.
I only play one game nowadays, Overwatch. I bought a bunch of games the past few years but haven't had the urge to play them. I had the urge to buy them to play them but after buying them, just never felt like playing.
Just recently bought Red Dead Redemption and Battlefield 2042, and have Far Cry 6, Borderlands 3, as well as 3 years (2 years left) of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate that I haven't touched.
Oh, and my old 1080Ti and 4790K setup played Overwatch great with no issues, so I really didn't need to upgrade.

Title misleading - have never had less than stellar EVGA service. Send a pleasant email asking for the link again.
Sorry you missed it, I've received multiple 3 series cards through the queue no issue (not recently though).

I've won the shuffle 7 out of 204 times I've entered, probably purchased like five times.

So far, nothing...

Part Date Entered Notify Sent Active
10G-P5-3897-KL 12/9/2020 12:48:18 AM PT No True

But thank you for the Queue Tracker links.

So far, nothing...

Part Date Entered Notify Sent Active
10G-P5-3897-KL 12/9/2020 12:48:18 AM PT No True

But thank you for the Queue Tracker links.

According to the tracker, you're still a month away. They have only filled through 11/7/20.

Reactions: Epyon
like this
They took care of their longtime users first within the queues. I've been with them since 200 series, got 3 cards since 3090 launch from EVGA queue.

If you've only been waiting 8 months in the queue, you got in too late.

I've won the shuffle maybe 5 times for various things. I passed on an overpriced PS5 bundle (already had the games), overpriced 6700XT, and an overpriced 3070Ti bundle (didn't need the motherboard). I bought an unbundled 12900k and an unbundled pseudo-reasonably priced Asus 3060Ti LHR. If you don't enter, you never win. I've had much better luck recently at winning compared to 6 months ago. I've also never gotten EVGA stuff from the shuffle. I think the cards I passed on were Gigabyte. MSI and Gigabyte are almost always bundled with last gen motherboards (expensive Z590 useless boards). Asus usually has an unbundled option along with a last gen motherboard bundle. Zotac has been unbundled, but the prices rival bundle prices and lately, they've been bundling them with MSI stuff.

Don't get me wrong, I think they are treating customers poorly by offloading their dated products in bundles you are forced to take, but if that's your only avenue to pick up a card, might as well keep at it.

Also, my friend lives near a MC and he can regularly walk in and usually find something on the shelf. Nowhere near the mythical "MSRP," but something is usually available.
Like our Houston MC all they have is the 6900 way overpriced. The funny thing is AMD started the bundle BS when the 5700XT came out at 400 USD if you bought the monitor bundle from them. Had sour taste from AMD ever since this bundle deal BS started. All we want is the card at non inflated prices.

i registered on the EVGA website in Feb 2021 wanted an NVIDIA RTX 3060 XC gaming or a 3060 ti

got a notice in mid October 2021 ordered the card and paid for it that day within 10 hours of the e mail notice .i got my 3060 XC gaming card , 4 days later with no problems other then yea they used UPS so it took 4 days and my local ups driver sucks (saw him wip a motherboard at my buddies door and drive away one time , and drive away ..and yes it was broken ) , glad i have a good neighbor that grabbed my card off my porch before it got stolen ..as they just left it at my door facing the street ...and drove away

happy i got a new card in 2021 . and yes only paid MSRP .. at the time was $429 and still current MSRP on evga's site
https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=12G-P5-3657-KR

According to the tracker, you're still a month away. They have only filled through 11/7/20.
Appreciate the info, at least that gives me a rough timeline, could you please tell me how you figured that out?

Willing to bet I missed something simple there...

Appreciate the info, at least that gives me a rough timeline, could you please tell me how you figured that out?

Willing to bet I missed something simple there...

https://www.element35gaming.com/

Go there and look for the model number you are in the queue for. I think you said earlier that it's the 3080 FTW3. So I scroll down until I find that card and it says:
11/17/2020, 1:42:49 PM

That's as far as the queue has gotten to for that card. It also shows that the last time EVGA sent out cards was 12/21/21 and 9 people in the list got one from it (that's 9 people who came back and reported that they were picked). Granted it is only as good as people putting in their relative times when they were in the queue and when they got their card. I put my times in to help the database.

Thank you krbyrj, that helps, maybe gives me something to look forward to, this 980 has been worrying me for a year now. 😟

Reading the above comments, I'm guessing I should've tried to register my EVGA aio water cooler I picked up 4 years ago (still in use), 2x EVGA power supplies (both have since died) & EVGA 680 (gave it to my brother) with EVGA, didn't really think I'd get any special treatment in the queue by doing so.

Thank you krbyrj, that helps, maybe gives me something to look forward to, this 980 has been worrying me for a year now. 😟

Reading the above comments, I'm guessing I should've tried to register my EVGA aio water cooler I picked up 4 years ago (still in use), 2x EVGA power supplies (both have since died) & EVGA 680 (gave it to my brother) with EVGA, didn't really think I'd get any special treatment in the queue by doing so.

I don't think that's accurate. EVGA is taking queue on a first come first served basis. There is no special treatment for prior customers. The only thing is if you're signed up for their Elite program you have access to the queue 24 hours earlier than the average person. Then they made it stupidly easy to become "elite."

I entered the queue on October of 2020. Still no notification lol
And I as well. I got me new card last week. I suspect that you will be hearing from them within the next 2 weeks.

10-20-20 for me on a 3080 lol I know I will never see it. I wonder if we will roll over to the 4080 que?

The higher end cards are easier to get. The one I haven't received is a 3080.

1641252777905.png

Responding to the thread title I'd like to say that EVGA gave me kick-butt service and did me a 1000% SOLID!

My Titan, the first, original 2688 core SC Titan, died 3 weeks after my 5-year warranty. I could have sworn I bought the 3+7 year warranty and not the 3+2 year one. Regardless, my $1078 video card was giving my graphic snow so I created an EVGA forum account and asked how much a repair would cost. I expected and was willing to pay up to $300 for a repair. However a rep answered my post, asked me what diagnostics I've done and after my reply he issued me an ticket number to start the RMA process.

The feeling of dread lifted away from me and nearly cried with glee. I can still relive the relief I felt. My replacement card also SC'd to the same high specs of my old card.

Ironically, I ended up quitting gaming shortly after that and I've been rocking the Titan ever since.

Not only will EVGA be the only video card I'll ever buy (if I ever buy again) but I will buy the LONGEST extended warranty they offer. Period.

UPS is a pain to get money from a claim.
i can second that. UPS store employee seemingly stole a 2080 TI i sold on here. Package tracking never left the ups store. It was insured for purchase price and it took me 6 weeks to get the money back. I had long since refunded the buyer. Added annoyance is they took forever to approve it because the buyer paid F&F.

Just checked on my notifications and forgot I signed up for a EVGA 3080Ti back in September and nothing yet. Took me a while, but I did end up with a 3060 XC from them.

Wow, you were very close, got my notification sent on 01/19/2022, received my card today (EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra), after it not playing nice with my ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme & hours of headaches, troubleshooting & screaming, I finally got it working. All I can say is, suck it scalpers, patience has its rewards. :)

Last edited:
I tried signing up for the 3080p 12 gb there is no link to do so. I should of bought the 3080ti but couldn't push the button after adding it to my cart. 1 5k.

You wonder when the 4000 series hit its going to be more of the same if not worse. At least I know games like Ashes of Creation can run good on a 2080.

I tried signing up for the 3080p 12 gb there is no link to do so. I should of bought the 3080ti but couldn't push the button after adding it to my cart. 1 5k.

You wonder when the 4000 series hit its going to be more of the same if not worse. At least I know games like Ashes of Creation can run good on a 2080.

I had a few chances to get the rtx 3080ti. I come back to earth when I think about spending over 1k on a graphics card. Same with the 3090.

Also, I'm pretty sure EVGA ended up taking care of OP.

I had a few chances to get the rtx 3080ti. I come back to earth when I think about spending over 1k on a graphics card. Same with the 3090.

Also, I'm pretty sure EVGA ended up taking care of OP.
Agreed, I passed on the 1.5 k card and waited for the 3080 that I knew would be coming. I actualy placed the order but then got cold feet and canceled. I am glad i did , 2 months later I got notification on my 3080

Was notified when a 3090 was available by EVGA about mid-2021, but since i had already gotten a new 3090 Kingpin off Ebay a month or so earlier, i let it go. (Yes, i know it was shameful to buy off Ebay, but it was like $250 over list price so was too good to pass up imho)

Was notified when a 3090 was available by EVGA about mid-2021, but since i had already gotten a new 3090 Kingpin off Ebay a month or so earlier, i let it go. (Yes, i know it was shameful to buy off Ebay, but it was like $250 over list price so was too good to pass up imho)
I would love a 3090 but I will wait until the last minute to submit for stepup in the hopes of obtaining next gen.

I got my 3rd notification last week and the card arrived this morning.
Placed my order around 12 hours after I got the email since I didn't check my email all day.
This is the 6th 30 series card I was able to get this year. 1st one was from a friend, 2 from Best Buy waiting outside all night, and 3 from EVGA Queue.
View attachment 426212
Zepher Where do you live?

Which city Zepher

I ask because in Dallas you can't possibly be able to acquire RTX 30XX series in store like you have been able to
Norfolk VA. I got the 3080Ti's in Virginia Beach on Launch Day since there were a few Best Buys in our area with stock.
I think they did 3 in store drops last year at various Best Buys around the country. My friend got some 3060's and 3070's at the last one, went there with his family since it was 1 per customer.

That queue was open only for about 90 minutes. Lee from the EVGA forums said Elite Members weren't notified because it's kind of a test case of their new "Queue 3.0" system.

They also had a 'web mishap' where another card (XC3?) was available for 'notification' by accident a day or two again. EVGA is honoring those people that got through, which is cool for those that got in, and makes a lot of other people salty.

I've been using EVGA since the 8800 days, and have nothing but respect. They've always treated me fairly.

Norfolk VA. I got the 3080Ti's in Virginia Beach on Launch Day since there were a few Best Buys in our area with stock.
I think they did 3 in store drops last year at various Best Buys around the country. My friend got some 3060's and 3070's at the last one, went there with his family since it was 1 per customer.

Newport News, in da house! :)

That's how I got my 3070 MSRP as well, or rather what MSRP was in Feb 2021 after everyone increased in January 2021 ($650ish).

Looking at what the MSRP is now though, guess I made out alright.

Still on EVGA queues for 3080 from Oct 2020.

That's how I got my 3070 MSRP as well, or rather what MSRP was in Feb 2021 after everyone increased in January 2021 ($650ish).

Looking at what the MSRP is now though, guess I made out alright.

Still on EVGA queues for 3080 from Oct 2020.
Are you sure your 3080 queue didn't drop yet? Unless it's for the XC3 model, the 3080 FTW3 I signed up for dropped earlier this month and I signed-up in December 2020.

3080ftwqueue.png

Are you sure your 3080 queue didn't drop yet? Unless it's for the XC3 model, the 3080 FTW3 I signed up for dropped earlier this month and I signed-up in December 2020.

View attachment 437332
I signed up for XC3 as it fits in my case and the FTW3 does not (factoring in water block and where my res is).

Of course they do not appear to be making any XC3's.

EDIT: This 3070 will tide me over for a while. Will see what next gen brings performance, supply, and of course price wise at this stage.

Back