D
Deleted whining member 223597
Guest
You're not going to be surrounded exclusively by engineers for 70 years.
I also don't suspect I will be working for 70 years.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
You're not going to be surrounded exclusively by engineers for 70 years.
We have a winner!Home-schooling?![]()
I also don't suspect I will be working for 70 years.
The difference being that I would expect engineers to be slightly smarter than people who get D's in the easiest classes.
Zarathustra[H];1039219628 said:Well, our generation certainly won't be able to retire at 65 like our parents and grandparents. Working for 70 years may be a stretch, but is probably less far fetched than you think.
The Bible kind I think. I'm not sure.
In Texas, the law states that you must teach "good citizenship", which is the indoctrination that I was talking about earlier.
I work with engineers on a daily basis. You guys are usually socially stunted![]()
Oh we all know it's not exactly his choice.Zarathustra[H];1039219865 said:
I had no idea we were RFID tracking kids in schools.
Now that I know, I wish I didn't.
Gotta get the cattle used to be tracked all day every day from cradle to grave huh?
No one believes that freedom and liberty are worth it anymore? A child's safety is now worth giving up their privacy to government? Notice I didn't say giving up a child's privacy to their PARENTS which is only proper. I said giving up a child's privacy to the GOVERNMENT. There is a world of difference.
When I was born and during my childhood I didn't even need a social security number. You didn't have to get one until you began to work. In my case, that wasn't until 18. Which meant my parents had the option of not letting government track me at all until I registered to vote and for selective service.
I'm still in my 30s. Not old at all. Even at my age, it would have been open revolt if a public school tried to track a child's every move inside the school. It would have been considered an absurd notion. And anyone who seriously tried it, evil.
This was just 20 years ago.
Gee, the world has been fine for thousands of years without government TRACKING children.
We havn't obtained any special enlightenment in the last 20 years either that makes us any more wise now than we were then about these issues. We are however, far more used to being enslaved than were were. Much more malleable and far less independent.
Lord knows, there's no possible abuses of this system and that teachers and govt employees are paragons of purity and trustworthyness.
Show me the FACT where science has proved one species evolved into another species.
You need to seperate micro evolution from macro evolution. Changes within species is provable.
Changes that turn one species into another species has not been proven, and is nothing more than guess work.
Not all schools are the same. If you're in an area that is zoned to a uhmm "urban" demographic, then expect low scores on averages and quite a few kids that herp the derp.Meh, I wish I would have stayed in Germany and went to school there. It's painful how shitty it is here in the US. I hate being in a school with a bunch of people who are so stupid.
I don't get how you can accept micro but not macro-evolution.
Excellent point, and yet so many people will still fail to see (often through willful ignorance) the writing on the wall about the direction things are headed, and many will even defend this human enslavement right to the end.I had no idea we were RFID tracking kids in schools.
Now that I know, I wish I didn't.
Gotta get the cattle used to be tracked all day every day from cradle to grave huh?
No one believes that freedom and liberty are worth it anymore? A child's safety is now worth giving up their privacy to government? Notice I didn't say giving up a child's privacy to their PARENTS which is only proper. I said giving up a child's privacy to the GOVERNMENT. There is a world of difference.
When I was born and during my childhood I didn't even need a social security number. You didn't have to get one until you began to work. In my case, that wasn't until 18. Which meant my parents had the option of not letting government track me at all until I registered to vote and for selective service.
I'm still in my 30s. Not old at all. Even at my age, it would have been open revolt if a public school tried to track a child's every move inside the school. It would have been considered an absurd notion. And anyone who seriously tried it, evil.
This was just 20 years ago.
Gee, the world has been fine for thousands of years without government TRACKING children.
We havn't obtained any special enlightenment in the last 20 years either that makes us any more wise now than we were then about these issues. We are however, far more used to being enslaved than were were. Much more malleable and far less independent.
Lord knows, there's no possible abuses of this system and that teachers and govt employees are paragons of purity and trustworthyness.
Are we though? Or do their student ID cards simply have an RFID chip in it with near field communication similar to credit cards that they swipe over a scanner for attendance?I had no idea we were RFID tracking kids in schools.
Are we though? Or do their student ID cards simply have an RFID chip in it with near field communication similar to credit cards that they swipe over a scanner for attendance?
At this point with all the rage garble rage rage I would like to know the system the school uses before getting our constitutional panties in a twist. I mean the fact alone someone was quoted in saying your kids could be tracked off school grounds pretty much questions every bit of "fact" in that story, and seriously ranks up there with the little strip in money actually being a tracking device.
Zarathustra[H];1039220673 said:They really should just chip them like we do cat's and dogs, and then install RFID doorway scanners in every door, and have a computer system that can tell you where every kid is in the school at any given time.
No one believes that freedom and liberty are worth it anymore? A child's safety is now worth giving up their privacy to government? Notice I didn't say giving up a child's privacy to their PARENTS which is only proper. I said giving up a child's privacy to the GOVERNMENT. There is a world of difference.
Zarathustra[H];1039220683 said:Freedom and liberty are not just worth it, but ESSENTIAL...
...for adults.
Kids and teens need to be monitored every second, and giving them any level of privacy is just asking for trouble.
When the kids are in school, the teachers and school officials are the authority figures. They are - in a way - the substitute parents.
A parent can't follow a kid every day at school. No parent - unless they home school - can.
This level of monitoring and control is required to keep them out of trouble.
The frontal lobe of the brain is only fully developed by age 25. Before that age, you can't trust anyone to make rational, sane decisions. Because of this, constant monitoring and control is necessary, and because the schools are so underfunded these days, they are looking for tech to make it cheaper to do with fewer people.
I think we can all agree that it would be better to monitor kids with actual adults, but in this political climate, funding extra people in schools is going to be a non-starter.
They are NOT YOUR CHILDREN. You should not be imposing anything like this on someone elses children without the parents permission. Who the fuck do you think you are?
Zarathustra[H];1039220683 said:When the kids are in school, the teachers and school officials are the authority figures. They are - in a way - the substitute parents.
.
I hope you're kidding or trolling. If you're not I'd hate to be your kid. I grew up spending my summer days playing in the woods. I'd leave after breakfast and come back after dark. I lived through it without supervision. You don't grow up and emotionally develop when being coddled by adults, you grow up on your own when you are alone and when you have to.
This has never been more clear to me than now. I'm 31 and in law school. There are a couple of girls that have spent their lives in church and being taken care of by their parents. They are the emotional maturity level of a high school sophomore. They still gasp when someone says the f word. Hell, some of the teachers curse in class just to try and get them to grow the hell up a tiny little bit.
You'd be a helicopter parent and someone needs to shoot you down.
You are absolutely wrong in every single way that matters.Zarathustra[H];1039220683 said:Freedom and liberty are not just worth it, but ESSENTIAL...
...for adults.
Kids and teens need to be monitored every second, and giving them any level of privacy is just asking for trouble.
When the kids are in school, the teachers and school officials are the authority figures. They are - in a way - the substitute parents.
A parent can't follow a kid every day at school. No parent - unless they home school - can.
This level of monitoring and control is required to keep them out of trouble.
The frontal lobe of the brain is only fully developed by age 25. Before that age, you can't trust anyone to make rational, sane decisions. Because of this, constant monitoring and control is necessary, and because the schools are so underfunded these days, they are looking for tech to make it cheaper to do with fewer people.
I think we can all agree that it would be better to monitor kids with actual adults, but in this political climate, funding extra people in schools is going to be a non-starter.
You are absolutely wrong in every single way that matters.
Children that are constantly monitored and raised to follow authority figures no matter how ridiculous or asinine the rules are will grow up to be ADULTS who follow ridiculous rules. Who do not question authority. Who think it is perfectly normal to be monitored every single second of every single day. And when those Adults think it's normal, imagine how much more the government can get away with for their children?
You are absolutely wrong in every single way that matters.
Children that are constantly monitored and raised to follow authority figures no matter how ridiculous or asinine the rules are will grow up to be ADULTS who follow ridiculous rules. Who do not question authority. Who think it is perfectly normal to be monitored every single second of every single day. And when those Adults think it's normal, imagine how much more the government can get away with for their children?
these are preparing kids to serve in the Oligarchy ... it is to attempt and make sure your kids actually make it to 25 alive and without penalties incurred in their youth![]()
Do you even read your own ramblings?Zarathustra[H];1039220780 said:Don't get me wrong, you don't have to keep them within view at all times, but you have to ask questions. "Where are you going, with whom, what are you going to be doing, call me if you go somewhere else, etc. etc., and check up on them every now and then.
Every second of every day? Then you flip flop and say "you don't have to keep them within view at all times"Zarathustra[H];1039220731 said:You are a failure as a parent if you don't know where your child is, who they are with and what they are doing, every second of every day.
Big brother would like to thank you citizen!Zarathustra[H];1039220731 said:You are a failure as a parent if you don't know where your child is, who they are with and what they are doing, every second of every day.
Step in when needed is not the same as watching them 24/7. When you are made aware of trouble, deal with it.That doesn't mean you don't let them be themselves. You just have to be able to step in when needed, not as much to protect them from outside dangers, but to protect them from themselves, and to prevent them from developing into juvenile delinquents.
Yes, too many parents have NO interest in their kids, but being a helicopter parent is almost as dangerous! Find a comfortable balance! Kids need their space to be kids! Hell, most of the kids my generation (40) when we were 5 years old, our parents just said "be back by dark and don't get into trouble" - and that was it. We knew what trouble was, and we had our asses home by dark or we got in deep shit. We had boundaries, but lots of space within those boundaries to be kids!!!!The reason we have so many gang kiddies, violent fights, shop lifters, etc. etc. is because we have too many passive, uninvolved parents, who don't keep track of their kids.
Zarathustra[H];1039220683 said:Freedom and liberty are not just worth it, but ESSENTIAL...
...for adults.
Kids and teens need to be monitored every second, and giving them any level of privacy is just asking for trouble.
When the kids are in school, the teachers and school officials are the authority figures. They are - in a way - the substitute parents.
This level of monitoring and control is required to keep them out of trouble.
The frontal lobe of the brain is only fully developed by age 25. Before that age, you can't trust anyone to make rational, sane decisions. Because of this, constant monitoring and control is necessary, and because the schools are so underfunded these days, they are looking for tech to make it cheaper to do with fewer people.
I think we can all agree that it would be better to monitor kids with actual adults, but in this political climate, funding extra people in schools is going to be a non-starter.
Zarathustra[H];1039220731 said:You are a failure as a parent if you don't know where your child is, who they are with and what they are doing, every second of every day.
The reason we have so many gang kiddies, violent fights, shop lifters, etc. etc. is because we have too many passive, uninvolved parents, who don't keep track of their kids.
Excellent point, and yet so many people will still fail to see (often through willful ignorance) the writing on the wall about the direction things are headed, and many will even defend this human enslavement right to the end.
To add to your post, for the longest time we didn't need marriage licenses that sign over ownership of our children and property to the government as well as give them. Not to mention that you're now a bigomist because you're not only married to your spouse, but you're also married to the government as well...imagine creepy gov't officials in bed with you at night, and being left alone with your children. Not a pleasant thought is it? Alright, enough of that nightmare.
Look at it this way; the government made marriage illegal so they could then tell you that if you pay them money (bribe) they'll turn their backs and give you a permit that allows you to break the law that they just said was illegal.
How many other things have they done/do they do this with to make the freely done a pay only option? I'm saying that gov't worms it's way into our lives and takes control in ways we're not even aware of, and they use means that seem so minor, innocent and safe. How many times have we heard the oh so common power grab phrase, "but it's for the children!"? So many crappy thing the gov't does start out with "good intention". We need to wake up and smell the corruption people!
i'd just toss the card in the microwave, nuke for 5 seconds, then toss in wallet/purse and forget about it, until i get called as to why it is not working, i'd produce the card and go, no idea why not working. get new card, proceed to nuke that card...rinse repeat until they give up, i'd also tell all my friends to put their cards in the microwave for 5 seconds....
until it got too expensive to continue to use. having to replace a few hundred cards a week, while individually does not cost much, adds up.
And again.. where the hell did the idea that destruction of property is an acceptable way to protest? Yet one more sign how our our children are being raised to see violence and destruction as a common, even encouraged, form of protest![]()
Do you even read your own ramblings?
You JUST said
Every second of every day? Then you flip flop and say "you don't have to keep them within view at all times"
Children should be GUIDED. They should be shown how to behave and given enough freedom to LEARN what is acceptable in our society. Children make mistakes, it's part of being a child and learning from those mistakes to become a better human being.
Trying to control children and make every decision for them will result in an Adult who has no idea how to function around people or make their own decisions. Congratulations, you've just raised a robot and not a human being.
Zarathustra[H];1039219865 said:
then don't make statements you aren't willing to backup.Zarathustra[H];1039220889 said:I don't see the problem. and any conflict between my two statements. You are looking for something that doesn't exist.
Disappointing how easily you accept human tracking for the sake ofconveneience. Perhaps you have slurped at the trough of personal information (trading eyeballs for $) for too long and have lost perspective.