Retail Edge 2007!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, on the bright side, the later they ship the newer revision CPU & mobo we get right?
The DG965WH I got from last year was ONE revision away from supporting Core2 Quad:mad:
But I'd use the DG33TL anyways, it has a newer architecture(1333FSB & ICH9R) after all
BTW, will the DG33TL have any problems running 4 x 1GB PC6400 sticks?? I mean, can all 4 sticks run @ 800MHz??

My order # 13743XXX shipped w/tracking number. I got ground service and it should be here tomorrow (if it is somewhere between Chicago and St. Louis it is 1 day shipping as I am in St. Louis).

Well, on the bright side, the later they ship the newer revision CPU & mobo we get right?
The DG965WH I got from last year was ONE revision away from supporting Core2 Quad:mad:
But I'd use the DG33TL anyways, it has a newer architecture(1333FSB & ICH9R) after all
BTW, will the DG33TL have any problems running 4 x 1GB PC6400 sticks?? I mean, can all 4 sticks run @ 800MHz??

800Mhz RAM can run with this motherboard, all 4 sticks

But to all, I would get the Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R
P35 chipset
Supports 1066Mhz ram
8 SATA connectors (6 regular SATA II and 2x E-SATA)
Make sure it's revision 2.0

Lol, I got verified a week in a half ago...

But I sent an email out to them about verification on the 9th...

They responded today... 11 days to respond to my email.

So if youre waiting to get verified... be patient... VERY patient apparently.

FYI it ships from Addison, IL 60101 and mine will be here by the end of the day tomorrow and I only payed for ground shipping :D.

But to all, I would get the Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R
P35 chipset
Supports 1066Mhz ram
8 SATA connectors (6 regular SATA II and 2x E-SATA)
Make sure it's revision 2.0

I was thinking of getting the DS3L, $35 cheaper:D
Another thing, is it ok to mix different brands of memory together? As long as they have same speed, voltage & timing?

I got the DS3R and to fix the description above it has 8 SATA II ports with the option, via a back panel add on, you can make 2 of those ESATA. It also has 8 back USB ports with the option to add 4 more.

My order now states:

"Pending Shipments"
The items listed below have been submitted to our warehouse and should be shipping soon. Check this page again later for shipment details.

My order # is 13743XXX

I was thinking of getting the DS3L, $35 cheaper:D
Another thing, is it ok to mix different brands of memory together? As long as they have same speed, voltage & timing?

Don't go cheap, I did once and was dissappointed.

Even thought the timings voltage and so on might be the same, there are other factors when mixing different brands. Quality mainly. It would be like this, 4 sticks of ram is like 4 diamonds but 2 of them are CZ. They may "look pretty" to the computer but it acts differently cause it knows the truth. LOL

My bundle is on it's way! WHOOT!
Got the tracking number info this morning
No ETA yet

It arrived at MY UPS this morning at 4:33am. My UPS is only 1 mile from me! W00t!

ELM GROVE, WI, US 11/21/2007 7:54 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY

wow.. my order number is also #13743xxx and... I just got the "your item is backordered" email :(

Everyone starts getting shipped...and I get backordered :( lol. I was holding off on buyin ga 360 to wait for my PC..but I guess I'll have to get a 360 to entertain myself for now lol.

most likely to receive mine Friday. It left Il. at 11:50PM CST 11/20
According to Google maps, 17 hrs from Addison, Il. to Houston, Tx. :eek:

IT HAS ARRIVED!!!...too bad i had it shipped to my mom's office so i hae to wait all day to get it...

run blackjack run! lol

Looks like I gotta go thru the Tn. HUB before getting to Houston
Delivery ETA 27th :(

what? the q6700 doesn't work with last year's board DG965WG? I thought it was just a bio update to enable support for the Q6600 and Q6700...:confused:

First Vista DVD says 'This disc contains 32-bit software only' Maybe the key works for both but 32bit is only packaged.

2ndly. I had two boxes show up. I'm thinking they shipped them separately. Uhh, no.

Ok just kidding, the second one was my buddies.

O MY GOD YOU LUCKY MOTHER FFFFFFFFFF. So basically... re-sell one of the bundles you got... and its like getting your money back times 10... and a free Quadcore bundle... HOLY CRAP YOUR LUCKY

2ndly. I had two boxes show up. I'm thinking they shipped them separately. Uhh, no.

I won the fricken lottery!

:eek: You're saying they sent you another package by accident? For free?
Well, this is life, some people get double ahead of time, & some people get nothing on time...

what? the q6700 doesn't work with last year's board DG965WG? I thought it was just a bio update to enable support for the Q6600 and Q6700...:confused:

All DG965WH with revision # AA-D41692-305 & up will support Quad w/BIOS update, mine happened to be 304:mad:

You need to make sure that the names AND addresses on BOTH boxes are yours otherwise you have to contact UPS and let them know of the error otherwise you will be committing MAIL FRAUD. If both addresses AND names on BOTH boxes are yours then congrats on getting 2 bundles.

BTW mine also came today and it is also missing the 64-bit version and I will be sending a email to Intel about the error.

[21CW]killerofall;1031696243 said:
BTW mine also came today and it is also missing the 64-bit version and I will be sending a email to Intel about the error.

It's not an error, the package only comes with the 32bit version as stated on the purchase page:

Bonus software free with your purchase
The bundle ships with a copy of Microsoft* Windows Vista* Home Premium containing the 32-bit version of the operating system.***

I think you have to contact Microsoft to get the 64bit version, for free, have to pay S/H though

[21CW]killerofall;1031696243 said:
You need to make sure that the names AND addresses on BOTH boxes are yours otherwise you have to contact UPS and let them know of the error otherwise you will be committing MAIL FRAUD. If both addresses AND names on BOTH boxes are yours then congrats on getting 2 bundles.

Good luck.. the website says only 32bit...

That is BS as when I ordered it stated that they would include both versions. I didn't even realize that they changed the description after I ordered it.

EDIT:
I sent Intel another email about the description change and hope that they will still honor my request.

First Vista DVD says 'This disc contains 32-bit software only' Maybe the key works for both but 32bit is only packaged.

Dang, I thought it was going to be something horribly wrong.

I'm gonna use Vista Ultimate from last year's bundle on my new system :D

besides, if it's Vista 64 yall want (if they don't honor the original deal) then go here for a cut throat rate on the "system builder edition" for ALL Vista platforms
for example, Vista Ultimate 64 for $165

www.pricewatch.com/software_oper_system

P. S. and get a quick laugh too - Win 95 for $12.50
Any takers??? LMAO :D

Dang, I thought it was going to be something horribly wrong.

I'm gonna use Vista Ultimate from last year's bundle on my new system :D

besides, if it's Vista 64 yall want (if they don't honor the original deal) then go here for a cut throat rate on the "system builder edition" for ALL Vista platforms
for example, Vista Ultimate 64 for $165

www.pricewatch.com/software_oper_system

P. S. and get a quick laugh too - Win 95 for $12.50
Any takers??? LMAO :D
Go here to order your 64-bit media but it didn't give me the option of ordering the 64-bit media as it gave me the error "No Offer Found" which means that we can't get the 64-bit version without buying a copy of the retail version :mad:.

EDIT:
I sent another email telling intel about the "No Offer Found" error and if I still can't get the 64-bit media from them I will just have to find "someone else" who will ;).

Yea i just called intel and apparently microsoft did not provide them with the 64-bit versions. SO i guess me and my 4 gig are SOL if i dont want to spend more on a 64 bit...

not to go off subject of the Retail Edge program... but whats the advantage to goin with the 64-bit version vs the 32-bit version? and how do i know if the hardware i get from the retail edge program, along with the HDD and GPU and RAM etc etc is gunna be compatible with windows x64?

So anyone actually going to use the mobo with this deal?

I am for a while atleast see how it does, I dont have the extra cash to drop on a p35 for maybe a month so Im going to give the mobo a go.

So anyone actually going to use the mobo with this deal?

I am for a while atleast see how it does, I dont have the extra cash to drop on a p35 for maybe a month so Im going to give the mobo a go.

Yeah, gonna try it till my Gigabyte comes in

that is sooo f up...i have the revision # AA-D41692-304 too....:(

now i'm just pissed off...:mad:

where do yall get this rev number from?
I waited till the last day to order last year
roumor had it that those who waited would vet Vista RTM, not RC1
Turns out it was just that, roumor.

But on second thought, why would we want to use a 965 chipset for a quad core?

grr....

Just checked.

Order no.: 13744XXX

Changed from the eternal pending to

Backordered Items

The items listed below are backordered. Backordered items normally ship from one to two weeks following your original order date, except under unusual circumstances. We are making every effort to fill the remainder of your order as quickly as possible. If you have any questions about backordered items, please contact us.

damn it.. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back