Retail Edge 2007!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modred189

Can't Read the OP
Because the 2006 was still around and kicking...

Also, post info here when you get it, and when the time comes, what you think of the equipment.
What we know:
"Earn enough Chips and you could be eligible to participate in the 2007 Purchase Program! You could get a chance to purchase an Intel product bundle and create the ultimate PC! This year’s bundle features an Intel® Quad-Core processor, but supplies will be limited, so you better earn those Chips while they’re at max value! Check back in September for more information on what else you’ll need to qualify!"

Discuss!

Already have 12k+ chips! Will have 15k by the time the bundle comes.

Its September, why don't the have any information up yet!
They have yet to give us any more info but I would assume that it is coming this week as they don't often update their web pages right at the beginning of the month but usually within the 1st week. I am currently at 11,425 points as I started 4 months late but should be at 12,875 points (or 12,775 as I am not sure if I have loged in 2 or 3 times so far this month) by the end of the month. I am guessing that the cutoff for being guaranteed a package will be somewhere around 12,000 points. I have yet had the opportunity to go to a live event so I will need this year's form on how to get verified to be posted so I can do so (I have last year's form but I don't know if they will take it for this year or not).

BTW you can earn a maximum of 2050 points a month not including attending any live events. 1000 challenge, 250 article, 400 daily visits (100 per day x 4), and 400 toolbox (100 per item x 4). That is as many as I can remember. Someone correct me if I am wrong. 1000 per live event BTW.

This month's challenge and article have yet to be posted.

shit, i dont work at one of those stores. i would rather hang myself. retail sucks

heh, I did this last year, I wonder if they would just automaticly approve me even thou I don't work there anymore because they have my "verified" employment info from last year lol.

so how does this work? can someone explain this to me?
If you work at a major retailer (bestbuy, circuit city, etc...) you can do trainings at the Intel website (http://retailedge.intel.com/). If you do enough (usually >10,000 pts worth) you are given the opportunity to buy a bundle.

The bundle consists, at least, of a motherboard, processor and copy of windows. Two years ago they also gave you Adobe Premier and Photoshop elements.

Two years ago it was a Pentium D, last year it was a Core 2 Duo, and they say it will be a C2 Quad this year.

Here's what I have heard about the 2007 program so far. I spoke to the Intel Rep who came to my store about a month back and he said that this year's deal is going to include a Quad-core, Intel mobo and Vista Ultimate. Also, this year's program is gonna be scalable, that means you can buy all three products or buy cpu or cpu+mobo only for a reduced price!

All you have to do, is ask the (proper) people. You will be offered the Intel Quad Core Q6600.

Do not ask again, as you have been informed.

Here's what I have heard about the 2007 program so far. I spoke to the Intel Rep who came to my store about a month back and he said that this year's deal is going to include a Quad-core, Intel mobo and Vista Ultimate. Also, this year's program is gonna be scalable, that means you can buy all three products or buy cpu or cpu+mobo only for a reduced price!

I have 15,900 points...Hope the mobo is SLI capable. Can someone tell me how many points do you need to get a better proc/mobo..(platimum club or something)

Anyone work at Geek Squad? I'm a Double Agent.

Mike

I have 15,900 points...Hope the mobo is SLI capable. Can someone tell me how many points do you need to get a better proc/mobo..(platimum club or something)

Anyone work at Geek Squad? I'm a Double Agent.

Mike

A what Agent? No, I don't work for Geek Squad.

We know it will be a Q6600. But what kind of mobo. I did not like the DG965wh very much, simply because of its limited options. And if they throw us another 965 mobo, it would be kinda crappy in terms of tech age.
Any chances it would be a p35?

Thank goodness I quit 2 months into the GeekSquad Launch for a better job... I too was a DA... but now I'm considered a "Sleeper Agent". lol those whacky guys!

man only if extended warranty companies get offered this.

my company does extended warranties for 4-5 of the majors chains listed

yeah, but trust me I was a DA for 3 years.. Its gets old very fast!

I know the feeling...You do enough onsite ADRs to make you wanna shoot yourself.

On another note....I bought the Antec Nine Hundred case for the upcoming package! Got it at cost of course and man does it look sweet. Can't wait to fill it with a quad and an 8800GT. Anybody know if Halo 3 is coming to PC???

no we work with waca, warranty corporation of america.
i do extended warranty repairs for tigerdirect, officemax, staples, and a few others

no we work with waca, warranty corporation of america.
i do extended warranty repairs for tigerdirect, officemax, staples, and a few others

And us (office depot). Funny thing, I'm told to sell the warranty but I never met an agent and I have no idea if it is outsourced like HP/Dell/Toshiba/and so forth.

So the q6600 is a pretty sweet deal, especially if they do offer these pieces a la carte.

What's the multiplier of the cpu?

Whats the deal with the web site still having August crap on it! They updates every other month on the first and now slack off on this update or announcement.

I want the deal now!

it says "Keep earning Chips to secure your Intel® Core™2 Quad processor in this year’s Purchase Program! Get yours and create the ultimate PC!" and i have about 15000 chips haha i think im secured enough, i think its coming soon guys maybe this friday or next week ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back