Retail Edge 2007!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will it be okay or performance wise to stay with last year's motherboard DG965WH and stick the Q6700 and a pair of crucial ballistix 2gb kit pc2-6400 800mhz ram to it? I really didn't see any difference between last year's and this year's motherboard DG33TL other than its a microATX and the lack of PCI slots.

I don't do very much but rip dvds, play a few games, and majority of time, surf the web and read forums lol...

pro's and con's for each anyone?

Does last year's motherboard DG965WH even support the Q6700?

Processor: Intel Q6700 ;)
Ram: Crucial Ballistix 2gb kit PC2-6400 800mhz
Video Card: Old ATI x1900xtx 512mb

Just ordered my MSI Computer GEFORCE 8800GT OC PCIE 512MB, will likely be back in stock/shipped around the 19th/26th... with this bundle showing up soon after. Not bad for $229.
Woop Woop!

ok guys I now have 11425 points I can DEFF hit 12K by the end of this promotion right?!?!

and also the code is a one time use for anyone trying to do it.

Today is the long day in which you think... Why God Why, please ship it to me! lol, anyone get theirs shipped today?:)

Just looking back at last year's bundle. I ordered on oct 25, and it did not ship untill 11/13. So I figure we've got some time...

I'm still awaiting my order to be shipped out, but a fly in the ointment is Dell's new employee discount program. I work for Dell, and our own discount is actually really good. I'm really considering buying a black XPS 720 now.

My newegg wishlist is essentially at $1200 for everything excluding the CPU. (Which effectively cost me $270)

The XPS 720 with essentially the same hardware and my discount would come out to be $1360 from Dell.

So I'm very tempted to buy my first desktop in 8 years that I didn't build myself. I know I could get the price down by $100 or $200 on the newegg wish list, but only by making sacrifices.

I'm trying to find one in my city who has one though so I can take a real close look at it. I'm really fond of the Antec 182!

Will it be okay or performance wise to stay with last year's motherboard DG965WH and stick the Q6700 and a pair of crucial ballistix 2gb kit pc2-6400 800mhz ram to it? I really didn't see any difference between last year's and this year's motherboard DG33TL other than its a microATX and the lack of PCI slots.

I don't do very much but rip dvds, play a few games, and majority of time, surf the web and read forums lol...

This is what I am going to do... What I've read is that the chipset is the same as a p35 (i think) except it has a graphics card. And there isnt much difference between the p35 and the p965. As far as the mobo itself, it does have more onboard USB, no PS2, no floppy, less PCI and a smaller board. The biggest thing that hacks me off about the new board is that it only has 5 internal sata and 1 E-sata (although, still internal). Not that i cant just buy a cable, but i actually USE 6 sata ports (2x36gig raptors raid 0, 2x250gig raid 0, and 2 dvd burners) I am even going to stay with my 4 sticks of CORSAIR XMS2 DDR2 675 (PC2 5400). Ya its not the fastest memory for the board, but it works well. I will be keeping the new board and throwing my old core duo in it and making it my new linux box (right now its the 2005 bundle, pentium d 2.8ghz)

last years board will support the quad core with the latest BIOS

However, I still recommend the Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R Rev. 2.0

it's got a P35 chipset from Intel and supports ddr2 1066 RAM

also, the P35 chipset supports DDR3 when it comes out

http://www.clubit.com/product_detail.cfm?itemno=A4830711&cmp=OTC-pricewatch#

:D

Just lost my DG965WH last night. Swaped everything except the board. Not too big of loss as I wanted to get a new MB anyhow. I am just hoping this new board with close to the same chipset will recover my RAID5 array. The past years boards never supported RAID5 just 0/1 and I dont have any other intel RAID boards, hope they ship soon.

This is what I am going to do... What I've read is that the chipset is the same as a p35 (i think) except it has a graphics card. And there isnt much difference between the p35 and the p965. As far as the mobo itself, it does have more onboard USB, no PS2, no floppy, less PCI and a smaller board. The biggest thing that hacks me off about the new board is that it only has 5 internal sata and 1 E-sata (although, still internal). Not that i cant just buy a cable, but i actually USE 6 sata ports (2x36gig raptors raid 0, 2x250gig raid 0, and 2 dvd burners) I am even going to stay with my 4 sticks of CORSAIR XMS2 DDR2 675 (PC2 5400). Ya its not the fastest memory for the board, but it works well. I will be keeping the new board and throwing my old core duo in it and making it my new linux box (right now its the 2005 bundle, pentium d 2.8ghz)

so you're pretty much doing what i'm doing? keeping the old board and swapping parts to it including the Q6700?

Ok i just called intel and according to their rep all units are currently on backorder. Your account says pending because intel themselves put a hold on your account which will eventually be dropped. The charges will be put back once the product is shipped. If you have ordered your product you are GUARANTEED a package. Backorder for 4-6 weeks but she told me that since i ordered early (137434XX) that it should be sooner rather than later. Im also sure they're sick of hearing from us by now. Just wanted to post an update

I'm upgrading to the quadcore from a dinosaur -- Pentium 4 2.4ghz, gig of memory,geforce 6600 gt agp to Intel Q6700, 4 gig memory, SLI Geforce 8600 gts oc

(with COD4 in mind)

definitely long overdue...

I'm upgrading to the quadcore from a dinosaur -- Pentium 4 2.4ghz, gig of memory,geforce 6600 gt agp to Intel Q6700, 4 gig memory, SLI Geforce 8600 gts oc

(with COD4 in mind)

definitely long overdue...

Did you already buy the 86's? If not I would seriously recommend looking out for a 88gt instead. For cheaper than an SLi, you get a much better card. It's definitely worth it IMO.

Im also sure they're sick of hearing from us by now. Just wanted to post an update

First, thanks for the update.

Second, thats too bad for Intel. What did they expect? They offer a great package at a great price for their Retail Edge promo, they should have been ready for this.

However, I have zero problems waiting due to it being a great price.

First, thanks for the update.

Second, thats too bad for Intel. What did they expect? They offer a great package at a great price for their Retail Edge promo, they should have been ready for this.

However, I have zero problems waiting due to it being a great price.

Also, not like this has happend for at least the past 3 years......

Anyhow I called them Thur after I noticed they didnt have my Suite number on the status page and was told the same song and dance, Nothing in stock, won't for at least a few weeks. Then they shipped a big batch Friday. So should not be that bad.

Yeah actually I my buddy had bought them a couple months back and never used them because he bought an 8800, so I'm just going to use them. They still run around $220 or so. I found an article a while back that was breaking it all down. Check it out http://www.tweaktown.com/articles/1088/bfg_tech_geforce_8600gts_oc_sli_performance_analysis/index.html

Yeah, it is true that if you can get the 86's for a decent price or even free you should probably go for it, but if not, the 88gt is a much better deal delivering more for your dollar. Also, the new Ati 3850/70's come out look very promising for a very nice looking price range.

Yeah, it is true that if you can get the 86's for a decent price or even free you should probably go for it, but if not, the 88gt is a much better deal delivering more for your dollar. Also, the new Ati 3850/70's come out look very promising for a very nice looking price range.

Yeah you're definitely right.. I'd agree. One of my roommates just bought an XFX 8800GTS OC and it kicks ass. But in my situation, getting them for free, and getting my foot in the door on some DX10 games, its worth it to use them until I get the money for an all-around better solo card.

BTW I'm gonna check out those ATi cards, I've actually never owned one.. Ive always gone with nVidia.. are the new series ones going to be better?

Shipped Items

The items listed below have shipped from our warehouse. Click on tracking numbers to see the progress of your packages. Please note that tracking information may not be made available by UPS until one to two business days following release of your items from our warehouse.

Shipment 435XXX

Date shipped: 11/8/2007
Shipping Method:
UPS Ground Service
Tracking Number(s):
1Z3BX921045159XXXX
Payment Method:
Visa XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
Exp. X/XXXX

Item Quantity Price Ext. Total
2007 RSP Q6700 Purchase Program Kit 1 $1,500.00 $1,500.00

Subtotal: $1,500.00
Discount: $1,251.00
Tax: $12.70
Shipping: $3.50
Total: $265.20

You said a few pages back this shipped, did you get it?

Yeah you're definitely right.. I'd agree. One of my roommates just bought an XFX 8800GTS OC and it kicks ass. But in my situation, getting them for free, and getting my foot in the door on some DX10 games, its worth it to use them until I get the money for an all-around better solo card.

BTW I'm gonna check out those ATi cards, I've actually never owned one.. Ive always gone with nVidia.. are the new series ones going to be better?

Hate to deviate so much from the OP, but yeah, you're fine. 86gts SLi'd for free in unheard of. when you upgrade then you'll have a much wider range of cards to look at. So nice job, and sounds like you have some nice friends. ;)

BTW, my order is 137442XX and I've still been pending like the rest of you for quite some time. Oh... you lucky few who got preverified/registered as soon as it went up. How i envy you...

I faxed the stuff last Wednesday, still waiting for reply..
Anyone else in same shoes?

What chance do you think we all have of gettin it shipped within the next 1-2 weeks? 137434XX

Yea sorry i'm just really impatient staring at a fully assembled rig just waiting for a processor and os also the return policies on my ram and harddrive are about to expire so i want to make sure those work before it does...any ideas how w/o a processor or another computer to test them in. I could just return and repurchace them i guess...

Finally got my code at around 5 today, I had faxed Tuesday and emailed Saturday. Didn't get to order until now, but I logged into retail edge @ BB tonight and saw I was verified:D order number 13745xxx

quick question guys,

there are two hot deals right now and wanted to see your opinion on which ram to choose.

Crucial Ballistix
http://www.buy.com/prod/crucial-bal...-ddr2-memory/q/loc/101/202541818.html#cRevSec
Speed: PC2-6400 800Mhz
Latency: 4-4-4-12
Signal Processing: UNBUFFERED
Error Checking: NON-ECC
Voltage: 2.2V

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16820231098

G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB
Speed DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
Cas Latency 5
Timing 5-5-5-15
Voltage 1.8V - 2.0V
Heat Spreader Yes

Thanks for your advice in advance!

it's all in the timings
4-4-4-12 is the better RAM of the 2 you have listed

The best RAM I'm using for my C2D atm is the OCZ reaper Memory. Its 65.99 AR on Newegg I believe. OC's to 1000mhz for me easy on 2.2v and 5-5-5-18 timings.:)

And for new news, anyone else get their stuff shipped yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back