• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Resident Evil: Requiem

RE games are not long and never have been. I think the original RE4 on Gamecube was the longest, taking me over 20 hours to beat it the first time. Once I got my legs it takes me around 3-4 hours in the PC version since it's so much easier with a mouse. But 8-10 hours is otherwise typical for a RE game. RE2make took me 10 hours the first time to get through both scenarios on console, 6 hours on PC.

That all sounds low to me, but maybe I just play them slow. Got a key from a fellow member for $40 anyway so I’m not too worried about it :)
 
The longest RE game was also the worst I believe. It was RE6 with like 30-40 hours of character swapping BS. I didn't even bother with it.
 
I don't know how to feel about Path Tracing. From the screenshots the lighting is definitely better but I feel like it washes everything out and you lose the finer details.
 
if the screenshots-videos represent well how good the game look, from switch 2 to big gpu the game seem to scale extremelly well:

performance-1920-1080.png


any modern GPU basically seem to be able to do max setting 1080p perfectly fine (or 1440p upscaled, seem to have enough room for it)
 
Nvidia's latest GPU 595.59 driver update, which focused on optimizations for Resident Evil Requiem, has been pulled after users complained about instability, black screens, memory leaks, freezing in several games etc...

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/resident-evil-requiem-geforce-game-ready-driver/

Thanks for the heads up. Was thinking of playing it soon, hopefully drivers are sorted out quick.

Nvidia drivers have been complete trash since the 50 series was launched. I have a feeling that AI coding has something to do with it.

Worked well for me outside of the initial few. But it is a bit worrying if their QA is sliding. Even with the focus on non-gaming GPUs Nvidia should be big and wealthy enough to hire more people dedicated to the gaming GPU driver team(s). Hopefully they get it sorted out, it really doesn't have to be one or the other. Nvidia is the biggest GPU maker on both AI/data center and consumer gaming markets.
 
if the screenshots-videos represent well how good the game look, from switch 2 to big gpu the game seem to scale extremelly well:

View attachment 787980

any modern GPU basically seem to be able to do max setting 1080p perfectly fine (or 1440p upscaled, seem to have enough room for it)

Yeah RE engine games have always been pretty well optimized (Resident Evil ones at least) - like I said earlier I spend a lot of time walking around admiring the scenery when playing the games - part of it is they have fantastic lighting, fantastic texture work, very simple geometry (not in a bad way - but start looking at objects up close and you'll notice) - why some of the city/back alley screenshots from Requiem impress me - looks like they upped/improved geometry a lot - gonna have to see for myself though

I have 7 categories

A. First Person games

B. 3rd Person games

C. RPG games

D. Dark Souls like games

E. Old classic games like Quake

F. Software like 3D Mark

G. Then Favorite games

I got those too 😁

1772149761511.png
 
Last edited:
Game is certainly pretty. No way to turn DLSS off as far as I can tell, though. Max settings I need to use DLSS Quality and Frame Gen, anyway. Latency is only 5-10ms worse than without frame gen according to the NVIDIA overlay and control feels fine, though. The FOV in first person is pretty narrow. Feels like 60-70 horizontal, and there is no way to change it. Third person is around 80 I think. You need to change mouse sensitivity in the Camera options. Even with my mouse at 12,000 DPI the default sensitivity is way too low for both first and third person. HDR color space is Rec.2020 and the blacks are not elevated like they usually seem to be in RE games. HDR here is pretty damned good.

Not liking how often you switch perspectives between Leon and Grace, and Grace's sections piss me off because she is such an idiot. I have to be honest I'm overall just not liking it so far. I don't understand the heaps of praise people are showering it with at this point 2 hours in.
 
Game is certainly pretty. No way to turn DLSS off as far as I can tell, though. Max settings I need to use DLSS Quality and Frame Gen, anyway. Latency is only 5-10ms worse than without frame gen according to the NVIDIA overlay and control feels fine, though. The FOV in first person is pretty narrow. Feels like 60-70 horizontal, and there is no way to change it. Third person is around 80 I think. You need to change mouse sensitivity in the Camera options. Even with my mouse at 12,000 DPI the default sensitivity is way too low for both first and third person. HDR color space is Rec.2020 and the blacks are not elevated like they usually seem to be in RE games. HDR here is pretty damned good.

Not liking how often you switch perspectives between Leon and Grace, and Grace's sections piss me off because she is such an idiot. I have to be honest I'm overall just not liking it so far. I don't understand the heaps of praise people are showering it with at this point 2 hours in.

Honestly, I'd rather lower the settings and not use Frame Gen. FG doesn't pass the eye test to me. I can see a clear difference when not using it. I have DLSS Performance and Path Tracing turned on and I get decent performance.
 
Game is certainly pretty. No way to turn DLSS off as far as I can tell, though. Max settings I need to use DLSS Quality and Frame Gen, anyway. Latency is only 5-10ms worse than without frame gen according to the NVIDIA overlay and control feels fine, though. The FOV in first person is pretty narrow. Feels like 60-70 horizontal, and there is no way to change it. Third person is around 80 I think. You need to change mouse sensitivity in the Camera options. Even with my mouse at 12,000 DPI the default sensitivity is way too low for both first and third person. HDR color space is Rec.2020 and the blacks are not elevated like they usually seem to be in RE games. HDR here is pretty damned good.

Not liking how often you switch perspectives between Leon and Grace, and Grace's sections piss me off because she is such an idiot. I have to be honest I'm overall just not liking it so far. I don't understand the heaps of praise people are showering it with at this point 2 hours in.


The whole story with grace seems dumb. Grace is dumb and her leadership is dumb, People of racoon city are dumb. I've only played a few minutes so maybe it gets better, but just the way it's setup at the start is..... Not impressing me.

Hoping it gets better.
 
Feels like 60-70 horizontal, and there is no way to change it. Third person is around 80 I think. You need to change mouse sensitivity in the Camera options. Even with my mouse at 12,000 DPI the default sensitivity is way too low for both first and third person. HDR color space is Rec.2020 and the blacks are not elevated like they usually seem to be in RE games. HDR here is pretty damned good.

Not liking how often you switch perspectives between Leon and Grace, and Grace's sections piss me off because she is such an idiot. I have to be honest I'm overall just not liking it so far. I don't understand the heaps of praise people are showering it with at this point 2 hours in.

They do that forced tiny fov stuff on purpose to make things scarier, it works but it’s annoying nonetheless. No slider in 7 or 8 either iirc.

Great to hear it looks and runs great with solid HDR optimization out of the box. Won’t get to fire it up until tonight.

Sucks to hear about the Grace stuff which has been my main fear, especially the part about going back and forth often. At least in 4 your time spent playing as Ashley was short. Hell tbh I didn’t really enjoy playing as Chris in 7 and I hated his part in 8.
 
Any good?
I think so. It's the goriest Resident Evil to date, if you're into that type of thing. They went a bit extra on detailing the character death sequences and enemy dismemberment. Blood streaks on the walls. You'll be making some crime scenes for sure.

The graphics are way better than RE4 Remake which was lacking in that dept.

They let you play either character in first or third person, with the encouraged default being first-person for Grace and third-person for Leon (probably because of all his roundhouse kicks and combat moves).

I guess people are polarized on Grace, but I like the stark contrast between the two characters. It's a completely different playstyle. I could see where most would prefer Leon because Leon is a badass in any situation. Grace trying to hold up Leon's hand cannon in the beginning to me was funny. It's like why give her something she can't really use? Plus, they give you like one bullet to start out with, like the devs are trolling you.
 
There is no "contrast" here. This is Leon dominating the game and Grace playing a supporting role, just a bit more proactive in combat than Ashley Graham was in RE4R.
I think the point with Grace is that she is less combat focused and more about the stealth (and puzzles). You do your best to avoid combat with her.

Leon? Stealth is an option.
 
....

Just like Ashley Graham. :)

Even though it's not very scientific, it would be cool if she has like psychic powers and could manipulate viruses and squash zombies heads by using her mental powers.

Now THAT would be a proper contrast. Like the contrast between Alma Wade and Pointman in F.E.A.R. was genuinely authentic. Alma is a traumatized young heastrong girl with strong psychic powers who messes crap up while pointman is a physically strong and highly trained special operative. The contrast between the 2 characters is brilliant, if subtle.
The problem with your logic is that Ashely couldn't kill enemies no matter what. She was completely passive in that regard. Grace can. Although with Grace, combat is less optimal and more likely to get you killed. Combat, in limited scenarios, is an option with Grace. So, there is a contrast with Leon in that regard.

If we're applying labels, Ashely is a non-combatant civilian. Grace is a newbie.

There are weapons you pick up that are purposely "light" or "compact" which are intentional because Grace can use them despite her lack of skills.

She can't really use Leon's revolver, Requiem, effectively because it's comical when she does.
 
Last edited:
I don't necessarily have an issue with the gameplay segments, I just hate Grace's character and how limp wristed she is. The individual segments are so short that you are not able to get into them much. As soon as stuff starts happening you switch characters, it seems. When you're Leon in the introductory segment to Rhodes Hospital, for example. Having fun and then bam, back to Grace before you can adjust. Grace's first segment in the hospital was so predictable that I wanted to stop playing right there.
 
Ok so one step above Ashley as far as combat/age/experience goes =/= Ashley.

Gotcha. Very precise. Applause.
Your mistake was bringing Ashley into the discussion in the first place. This is a new game and the designers are playing around (i.e. mixing) with both old school RE playstyles and the newer playstyles.
 
One does not simply BRING new characters into an AAA franchise, you copy prior algorithms, make some sligh variations in appearance/style and copy paste it into the next iteration. So no, no mistakes here, the artificial effects of overbloated over played and over budgeted games is a thing.
There's no point in arguing with someone who is living in their own reality.
 
I made myself a hypocrite about preordering and picked this up from someone here in FS for $40 - but gonna wait still for the first patch to play it

I can understand complaints about Grace - she came of a little too much 'get it together woman!' in the first trailer - but I'll withhold judgment. She can't be worse than 'Snoop Dogg and Computer Nerd' from Revelations 1, the 2 worst characters ever in all the games still to this date (and that still managed to be a 'top 3' game of the franchise for me).

Edit: These motherfuckers 😑🔫

1772220247815.png
 
Last edited:
Played about 20min last night. Game looks amazing and plays very well. Just got to the Leon part so I guess this is where the action starts.

I know it's a game, but the entire time I'm thinking to myself "why did they send Grace into this place alone?" 😂
 
The Leon sections are cracking me up, it's such tonal whiplash

Let like me just pick up this fucking chainsaw and mulch 10 things no big deal

I'm equally liking both so far

Is playing Grace mandatory or optional? I hate mandatory crap.

It ping pongs back and forth (so far, I'm only a couple hours in)

They play VERY differently, Leon is a beast
 
Is playing Grace mandatory or optional? I hate mandatory crap.
Yes. The story is intertwined between these two characters and their perspectives.
You play Grace for about 20 minutes.
You play Leon for 5 minutes.
Back to Grace for 30 minutes.
Back to Leon for 5 minutes.
Back to Grace, and Leon gives up his hand cannon to give it to her. Except she's so limp wristed that it's basically useless.
The Leon sections are cracking me up, it's such tonal whiplash

Let like me just pick up this fucking chainsaw and mulch 10 things no big deal

I'm equally liking both so far
Whiplash is an apt description.
 
The same way Village kinda obviously shared a lot of tone/aesthetics/aspects etc with RE4 remake (behind the scenes/dev wise mainly/too) - I wonder if this '2 player story/game' is laying the groundwork internally for RE0 remake and the 'zapping system' between Billy and Rebecca which is rumored in the works 🤔
 
The same way Village kinda obviously shared a lot of tone/aesthetics/aspects etc with RE4 remake (behind the scenes/dev wise mainly/too) - I wonder if this '2 player story/game' is laying the groundwork internally for RE0 remake and the 'zapping system' between Billy and Rebecca which is rumored in the works 🤔
Nah, it's nothing like that.
 
Nah, it's nothing like that.

I know there's not 'zapping' in this, more wondering if just breaking the game up between 2 people/perspectives aspect helped them 'find their footing'/whatever for 0 Remake is what I'm getting at (plus we wouldn't know what other aspects 0 would share with this until/if it comes out).

Edit: Plus I just realized what I said about 'two perspectives' doesn't make too much sense anyway because you already had '2 perspectives' with Jill/Carlos and/or Claire/Leon lol 🤪
 
Last edited:
I know there's not 'zapping' in this, more wondering if just breaking the game up between 2 people/perspectives aspect helped them 'find their footing'/whatever for 0 Remake is what I'm getting at (plus we wouldn't know what other aspects 0 would share with this until/if it comes out).
What I mean is the perspective is literally the same between Rebecca and Billy since they're together all the time, which isn't what is happening in Requiem.
 
Back
Top