• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Resident Evil: Requiem

I threw in the towel about half way through 5. Coming from 4 it was a huge let down for me. It’s definitely better than 6 though.
I only played a few hours of 5 & 6 and gave up on them for some reason that I can't even remember it was so long ago. :LOL:
But I'm doing a play through on all of them to the end one day, no matter how bad some are.
 
I only played a few hours of 5 & 6 and gave up on them for some reason that I can't even remember it was so long ago. :LOL:
But I'm doing a play through on all of them to the end one day, no matter how bad some are.
You have to get to the end of 5 to experience the glory of Chris punching a boulder.
 

Based on this, I'm somewhat concerned it's going the Amnesia stalking route to scare players. I guess RE7 and RE8 went there, but I'm not a fan of that that type of gameplay. I stopped playing The Evil Within at the place where some kind of apparition is stalking you, then grabs your head and twists it off when it catches you. That stuff gives me anxiety. I prefer the games where you can clear an area and then have free will to explore.
 
Seems neat so far. The stalker thing has upsides and downsides. I'm okay with it if it forces things along in a realistic manner. On the other hand, game makers love hiding items that you're going to want in sequences where you're being rushed. I fucking hate that. As long as they don't do that, I'm cool with it.
 
first RE engine game to support PT...I didn't know Requiem supported path-tracing...nice!

Resident Evil Requiem PC Path Tracing- Hands-On First Look!


View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyHBDhwotpo

So cool, I’ve always found RE games incredibly atmospheric, the way they just pull you right into their world. Can’t wait to see what this new engine can do. Love the way the materials look.
 
7 was just scary af, 8 was first person and it wasn’t NEARLY as scary. That damn family still haunts me
 
Was hoping I'd be able to play this on a nice 240Hz 40" or bigger ultrawide QD-OLED by the time of release but looks like those panels won't be fully ready until later next year. 32" 16:9 will have to do instead.
 
1761802623046.png


They're locking files..... FILES..... behind a deluxe edition 😔

Or is Capcom gonna be 'nice' and let me buy the files..... FILES.... from the store as individual DLC? 😔
 
Last edited:
The 2060 is a nearly 7-year old part that wasn't particularly good on the day it was released.
Then I guess the 1080 wasn't that good either since they both had the same performance at launch, with one being a flagship (before the 1080Ti launched) and the other being the lowest part in the stack, only one gen apart.

Even the RX 5700 got good reviews and it dropped the same year as the 2060, and was AMD's 2nd fastest GPU with the same performance. It might not of been a RT power house but it's raster was pretty damn good for being the lowest tier card.

1761842760740.png
 
Then I guess the 1080 wasn't that good either since they both had the same performance at launch, with one being a flagship (before the 1080Ti launched) and the other being the lowest part in the stack, only one gen apart.

Even the RX 5700 got good reviews and it dropped the same year as the 2060, and was AMD's 2nd fastest GPU with the same performance. It might not of been a RT power house but it's raster was pretty damn good for being the lowest tier card.

View attachment 763365
The thing about the RTX 2060 is that is has RT cores... something like a 1080 Ti does not. So, I'm curious how well a 1080 Ti stacks up against a 2060 when it comes to path tracing?
 
The thing about the RTX 2060 is that is has RT cores... something like a 1080 Ti does not. So, I'm curious how well a 1080 Ti stacks up against a 2060 when it comes to path tracing?
Pretty good because the 1080Ti can not do HW PT.
 
The thing about the RTX 2060 is that is has RT cores... something like a 1080 Ti does not. So, I'm curious how well a 1080 Ti stacks up against a 2060 when it comes to path tracing?
He wasn't even talking about the Ti, just the regular 1080.
 
1060 6gb/2060 is to me whe xx60 started to feel more like mid range than low-end, once the mining price kick-in on the 1060.

445nm die that launched at $350 and faster than the 1080, it felt middle end part, specially with the 2070 at $500 that felt the high-mid, low-high end, I think Turing ended up with more 10 desktop sku lower than the 2060 to create a low end family of product (1660 type) and some low-end Ampere like the 3050 were significantly slower than a 2060, the 3060 8GB is barely faster.

Could have been because I was not following gpu for a long time before buying a 1060, people slowly exposed all along were maybe more ready to call low-tier an over $500 Canadian after tax GPU, for me it was a shock.

The thing about the RTX 2060 is that is has RT cores... something like a 1080 Ti does not. So, I'm curious how well a 1080 Ti stacks up against a 2060 when it comes to path tracing?
you would need to look at a solution that bring both option in play, software shaders "path tracing" and a hardware RT core accelerated one, pathtracing is not a really precise term and will be different quite a bit from real time to other real time.

Maybe something like this: https://github.com/Autodesk/Aurora
Aurora requires a GPU with hardware ray tracing support, either through DirectX Raytracing (DXR) on Windows, or Hgi Ray Tracing on Windows/MacOS/Linux. These include, but are not limited to:

  • NVIDIA GPUs with native ray tracing supportinclude any GPU with "RTX" in the brand name, including mobile GPUs. This includes:
    • The GeForce RTX series, such as the GeForce RTX 2060.
    • The Quadro RTX series, such as the Quadro RTX 4000.
    • The RTX A series, such as the RTX A2000.
  • NVIDIA GPUs with compute-based supportinclude any GPU with the "Pascal" microarchitecture and at least 6 GB of RAM. Note that these GPUs will perform substantially slower with GPU ray tracing due to the lack of native ray tracing support. This includes:
    • The GeForce 10 series, such as the GeForce GTX 1080.
    • The Quadro P series, such as the Quadro P4000.
  • AMD GPUs with native ray tracing supportinclude any GPU with the "RDNA 2" microarchitecture. This includes:
    • The RX 6000 and RX 7000 series, including the mobile RX 6000M series.
    • The Radeon PRO W6000 series, such as the Radeon PRO W6800.
    • The Ryzen 7 6000 series of mobile processors, which have 600M series integrated GPUs.
  • Intel GPUs with native ray tracing supportinclude any GPU with “Xe” architecture and DX12 support. This includes:
    • The Intel™ Arc® Pro A-series for workstations, such as the Intel Arc Pro A40 and Intel Arc Pro A50.
    • The Intel™ Arc® A-series, such as the Intel Arc A380 and Intel Arc A770.
  • Apple silicon M1 and above
In both case it would be an academic question, those card not strong enough to run that much raytracing in a game usually.
 
Last edited:
how was RT in RE: Village?...opinions online are all over the place...some call it one of the better looking RT games...others say it's barely noticeable
 
I like this game a Modern Setting the last few were in the Backwoods sticks with RE4 and Resident Evil Village.
 
Gotta love the crazy "300fps" stuff that only a few people will ever witness. I'm just glad that it should run well out of the gate even at native. Outside of the PT lighting it looks mostly like the last RE titles...which is fine.
 
Reeeeally hope this is good. It’s about the only game I’m looking forward to tbh.
 
Reeeeally hope this is good. It’s about the only game I’m looking forward to tbh.


I'm sure it will be good, I'm just hoping the parts with grace aren't just her with a lighter. I get what they are going for but ashley was the worst part of re4 I think.
 
I'm sure it will be good, I'm just hoping the parts with grace aren't just her with a lighter. I get what they are going for but ashley was the worst part of re4 I think.

They've shows her with guns in the trailers IIRC - Leon will be more action oriented, I doubt Grace is gonna be windmill kicking zombies and hacking them with a chainsaw
 
Back
Top