• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Resident Evil: Requiem

Haha Leon's segments get absolutely ridiculous

Of course you ramp a motorcycle off a fallen high-rise building while fighting mutant dogs and chasing one of the big bads who is also on a motorcycle because of course they are

surewhynot.png


surewhynot2.png
 
I knew something was going to happen after picking up those stupid organs but I didn't save right beforehand and lost tons of progress. Really annoying.
 
I knew something was going to happen after picking up those stupid organs but I didn't save right beforehand and lost tons of progress. Really annoying.

Something happens whenever you do anything in this game haha

For better or worse, it RARELY gives you a breather
 
No option to turn it off unfortunately. You can see the grain in socK's screenshot here. It's quite heavy.
You must be really sensitive to it, although I know from experience screenshots don't do it justice. To me, that doesn't look that bad at all.

That said, I don't disagree at all that it should be a toggle option in the menu.
 
You must be really sensitive to it, although I know from experience screenshots don't do it justice. To me, that doesn't look that bad at all.

It's not terrible, but it's also a static screenshot that's mostly dark. When you're in a full bright environment the whole screen is covered and it's also animated noise so it dances around. One of the reasons I notice it so much is because I'm sitting directly in front of a giant 48" screen.
 
No option to turn it off unfortunately. You can see the grain in socK's screenshot here. It's quite heavy.
Funnily enough, it’s not used in the Switch 2 version which is one of the reasons it looks better in some ways compared to the PS5 version. I’m assuming they disabled it because it doesn’t play well with DLSS since Switch 2 is upscaling from 540p all the way to 4k.
 
have you looked in the config file to see if its just not exposed in the menu?
 
FINISHED

Steam says 14.5 hours
In game clock was apparently like 10h 13m

I guess it doesn't count menu or cutscene time at all.

Holy fuck lol there is apparently a VERY wrong choice you can make right at the end haha

I trusted Leon and destroyed Elpis the first time and was dumbfounded. WOW. No final fight, nada. Even the ending credits are the saddest thing ever.

Did not expect that at all.

They obviously expect people to do this because the game literally prompts you after the ending to replay with the other option. It is COMPLETELY different and actually leads into the boss fight.

Where my Leon was so comically stacked at that point that I could basically face tank every attack and and just stand there ripping him because I had like 7 full heals and TONS of ammo for the 7 guns on my person.
 
My take on the ending...
Holy fuck lol there is apparently a VERY wrong choice you can make right at the end haha

I trusted Leon and destroyed Elpis the first time and was dumbfounded. WOW. No final fight, nada. Even the ending credits are the saddest thing ever.

Did not expect that at all.

They obviously expect people to do this because the game literally prompts you after the ending to replay with the other option. It is COMPLETELY different and actually leads into the boss fight.

Where my Leon was so comically stacked at that point that I could basically face tank every attack and and just stand there ripping him because I had like 7 full heals and TONS of ammo for the 7 guns on my person.
I actually prefer the "sad ending" because Leon goes out in a believable way that does not diminish what he was trying to do one bit. He had no chance against a suped-up Not-Wesker. Plus, I thought the game's title already implied Leon was gonna die. I came into the game half-way expecting him to go out on his own terms.

The "happy ending" was one big head fake because immediately you find out nothing was really at stake. Leon going out thinking he saved the world seemed more preferential than "Psyche! It's not a mind control virus but a cure!" *groan*

The "good ending" is obviously canon.

Also, Not-Wesker dies either way.
 
My take on the ending...
I actually prefer the "sad ending" because Leon goes out in a believable way that does not diminish what he was trying to do one bit. He had no chance against a suped-up Not-Wesker. Plus, I thought the game's title already implied Leon was gonna die. I came into the game half-way expecting him to go out on his own terms.

The "happy ending" was one big head fake because immediately you find out nothing was really at stake. Leon going out thinking he saved the world seemed more preferential than "Psyche! It's not a mind control virus but a cure!" *groan*

The "good ending" is obviously canon.

Also, Not-Wesker dies either way.

Oh man I think I'd like it if it was a giant fake out and the ending actually WAS the mind control shit skewing almost everything from the point you decide to unleash it.

Obviously not the case but it's a fun idea. It's obviously setting up for some illuminati shit with The Connection or whatever Not-Wesker's shadowy group is called.

I have no idea how they're going to write Leon going forward because he's so utterly busted narratively at this point. Tyrants are a joke to this man now. While actively dying he axe battles Hunk to the death. Dude is a walking plot device and it seems like there is very little that can stop him besides simply not being present.

And he has the audacity to mention that he feels BETTER after the injection on top during the ending. Now he's even fucking stronger.

If Chris AND Leon are somehow in the next game then I'm not sure how it'll count as horror since you basically just wind up with this

1772432075031.jpeg
 
New Nvidia drivers from this morning still have trash performance compared to the 576.88 drivers. At least on my 4090. Seems like that's mostly a 40-series thing.
 
Is this game better than RE Village?

I'm not sure there's an easy answer to that. The one thing they both have in common is "Shadows of Rose" - the DLC for Village. IMO, Requiem feels a lot like that. Limited resources, sneaking around, potential instant death, but the occasional firepower-heavy action sequence, too.

Personally, I'd rather play Village (or the RE4 remake), but there's something to be said for Requiem, too. It's still a good game.
 
7 and 8 were much scarier than this one but I knew Leon was going to be more action focused. Loving it so far.
 
I'm still on 576.80.

After looking around on a few different forums, apparently 581.42 is the most recent driver with the massive performance boost in Requiem. I've been happy with it. There are some folks claiming it's related to these older drivers not properly showing certain post-processing effects, but they're struggling to actually point out the visual differences in videos and shots. Anything that hurts performance by like 30% and looks basically the same = I'll take it. I'm at the point where I don't even care why - I'm just happy to get like 40+ fps and have the game look really good. It still has some technical issues, but so do the older RE games.
 
I was just able to start playing last night since I was away for a few days after it launched.

Def seeing the "boiling" or the bad denoising effect on surfaces using Path Tracing, where if you've watched Daniel Owen on Youtube that's how he describes the effect using PT as well. I went ahead and downloaded the new Game Ready driver (595.71) and while it still doesn't seem to be matching one of the previous drivers, performance was still good on my 5080 and not sure I want to bother DDUing and all that just to install an old driver back on my PC for a tad better performance. I'm going to try using Profile Inspector to force the Ray Reconstruction to the new Transformer Preset E as Daniel point out here to improve the noise issue using PT in the game. Else, I may just fall back to RT because that noise is pretty disctracting in many scenes.


View: https://youtu.be/82z326-STqI?si=piVFhFsDACopRdDU

The game feels pretty responsive and good still at 4x MFG as well and staying near my 240Hz monitor's cap (at 3440x1440 UW). Def loving the setting and characters so far, though I'm only 90 mins into it now and just starting to explore the area after Grace wakes up. Playing on the classic mode as well so I have to use Ink Ribbons to save instead of being allowed to save scum, heh.

Debating on switching to controller over KB&M on this though. I've played all previous games on PS4/5 and other than a slight accuracy hit while shooting, movement just feels better on a controller to me. I def like that they have button prompts for both Xbox and PS controllers available so you see the right button on screen when prompted; very rare I see a game properly support PS controllers like that.

Anyways, about to load up now any play for an hour or so!
 
I've played a few other RE games with a mouse just for the hell of it and it doesn't help that much. At least unless you're much better with a mouse than a pad. I think the RNG for damage (even standing still + headshots) keeps it from being objectively much better than a pad. It's quicker...but it doesn't often matter.
If anything, savescumming so your headshots do max damage or your kills drop ammo/items = more important in the grand scheme of things.
 
I've played a few other RE games with a mouse just for the hell of it and it doesn't help that much. At least unless you're much better with a mouse than a pad. I think the RNG for damage (even standing still + headshots) keeps it from being objectively much better than a pad. It's quicker...but it doesn't often matter.
If anything, savescumming so your headshots do max damage or your kills drop ammo/items = more important in the grand scheme of things.
I think that depends on the player's perspective. 3rd person? Gamepad tends to work. I prefer gamepad with 3rd person. 1st person? Mouse. Hands down. Can't stand gamepad with 1st person. Especially when gamepad is completely optional.

Then again, when you're on console you have limited options. Barring some exotic ones like hooking a mouse up to a PS5 and praying the game supports it. Curious if someone on a PS5 has tried a mouse with RE9.

Based on Steam Community comments for this game, DualSense on PC is still sketchy.
 
Debating on switching to controller over KB&M on this though. I've played all previous games on PS4/5 and other than a slight accuracy hit while shooting, movement just feels better on a controller to me.
I did the opposite and switched from controller to KB&M so that I can nail those headshots. The zombies move kind of erratically and I was finding it hard to keep the crosshair on their head with an analog stick.

However... The game seems very forgiving with missed headshots (or maybe the collision detection just sucks) because there are times where I clearly missed and it still registered as a hit.
 
The internet has thoroughly investigated the driver situation.

581.42 WHQL and 581.47 Hotfix, are the oldest drivers you can use: which still have full Path Tracing and/or Regular RT performance on Nvidia cards.

I recieved a Zotac 5080 today, and tried it all out. Can confirm, much better performance. IMO, its worth it.
 
I didn't really pay much attention initially—probably because I was messing around with performance—but the game is an intentional homage to RE2. The hospital is basically a clone of the police station, there are regenerating enemies, there's a room full of power-ups to unlock, there are multiple super-strong enemies that keep chasing you around...although at least you can kill them if you really want. Granted, there have been little nods to the older games in 4-8, but this one takes it much further.
 
The internet has thoroughly investigated the driver situation.

581.42 WHQL and 581.47 Hotfix, are the oldest drivers you can use: which still have full Path Tracing and/or Regular RT performance on Nvidia cards.

I recieved a Zotac 5080 today, and tried it all out. Can confirm, much better performance. IMO, its worth it.
I'm playing on the latest game-ready driver and staying at the apparent 225 FPS cap maxed out with PT or RT and 3-4x MFG on my 5080 🤷‍♂️.

I don't think I like the Path tracing with its denoising artifacts or boiling effect it has in many places. I tried to force DLSS RR to Preset E in Profile Inspector like in the video above and it caused some weird flashing on the right side of my screen too. So I think I'll just stick with RT for now unless they update the game or drivers for better PT RR in this game.
 
I think that depends on the player's perspective. 3rd person? Gamepad tends to work. I prefer gamepad with 3rd person. 1st person? Mouse. Hands down. Can't stand gamepad with 1st person. Especially when gamepad is completely optional.

Then again, when you're on console you have limited options. Barring some exotic ones like hooking a mouse up to a PS5 and praying the game supports it. Curious if someone on a PS5 has tried a mouse with RE9.

Based on Steam Community comments for this game, DualSense on PC is still sketchy.
Mouse for every game with any kind of aiming.
 
  • Like
Reactions: w35t
like this
I'm playing on the latest game-ready driver and staying at the apparent 225 FPS cap maxed out with PT or RT and 3-4x MFG on my 5080 🤷‍♂️.

I don't think I like the Path tracing with its denoising artifacts or boiling effect it has in many places. I tried to force DLSS RR to Preset E in Profile Inspector like in the video above and it caused some weird flashing on the right side of my screen too. So I think I'll just stick with RT for now unless they update the game or drivers for better PT RR in this game.
I havent really dug into playing, yet.

But there is some kind of visual glitch in RT and PT with Requiem, which the old drivers fix, as well. It looks kind of like random lights or flashes, where there shouldnt be.
 
I’m about 8 or so hours in and enjoying it more and more. It definitely leans more into horror and less into action, with Grace being a whimpering, stuttering, terrified mess, and Leon being his usual one liner badass self. So far it seems like you’ll be spending a lot more time playing as Grace than Leon, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing depending on your RE style preference.

I’m definitely seeing this PT issue everyone has mentioned, haven’t tried RT yet but probably will tonight.

And yeah first person for both and kb/m all the way.
 
I’m about 8 or so hours in and enjoying it more and more. It definitely leans more into horror and less into action, with Grace being a whimpering, stuttering, terrified mess, and Leon being his usual one liner badass self. So far it seems like you’ll be spending a lot more time playing as Grace than Leon, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing depending on your RE style preference.

I’m definitely seeing this PT issue everyone has mentioned, haven’t tried RT yet but probably will tonight.

And yeah first person for both and kb/m all the way.
Once you get to Racoon City, you'll be playing a lot more Leon.
 
  • Like
Reactions: w35t
like this
The new driver performs just as well as the older 576.88 (and a few subsequent) drivers do. Capcom patched the game itself so that DLSS no long resets to "performance" mode every time, too. Overall, I feel like the game performance is in a pretty good place now.
 
Seems like either the driver hotfix or game update fixed the PT/RR boiling effect. I just played for 5 hours or so and didn't see any weird artifacting that I was seeing before. The game is performing great and pretty responsive at around 200 FPS maxed out with 3x MFG on for me. I'm playing on a Dual Sense controller too and it plays perfect with it for me. I don't really feel any less precise with it because of how slow the aiming works either, in both 3rd or 1st person view. But there also seems to be some generous hit boxes here too, because I'll still hit headshots even when I'm slightly off it seems. I have auto-aim disabled too.

Gameplay wise, it's delivering my expectations and I'm loving it so far. I've only got bitten once by playing on Classic mode and being limited to Ink Ribbons to save, where I died and lost 30 mins or so of progress. But I also kinda like how that works because then I can do some things in a different order and be smarter on ammo and resources the second time around. Plus you're much faster the second time anyways since you know exactly what to do and can do it faster.

The game seems to be heavily centered on Grace so far, as I've only got to the part where she follows the blind girl into the basement. And Leon's parts have only been maybe 20 mins vs the 4 hours or so as grace right before that. But reading through the thread a bit, it seems it will shift more towards Leon towards the end.
 
Back
Top