• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Resident Evil: Requiem

I hope there's a way to not be forced to go full aggro with Leon. In RE4R it was nice being able to avoid enemies, though part of it is also the enemy kills here look like something out of Gears of War.
 
I hope there's a way to not be forced to go full aggro with Leon. In RE4R it was nice being able to avoid enemies, though part of it is also the enemy kills here look like something out of Gears of War.

I’m guessing you’ll get your fill of sneaking around playing as Grace.
 
One of my former Co-workers was playing Resident Evil 5 I never got far on PS3 I thought the controls were bad so I picked it up again.
Reviews are pretty good anyway for a older game. There was a guy on my PS3 friends list back in the day his name was "Take Down Chris" Jerico refernce he tried to Plat RE5
he spent months trying to do it.
 
Last edited:
20260218093525_1.jpg


400+ FPS in RE5 :p The controls are bad as I remember them to be but I actually got past the first Act to 1.2
 
Last edited:
I don't know when I'm using the knife I can't move really I have to take left bumper to stop using the knife then move.
 
Should I go for PS5 or PC for this game?

I played the originals on PS1, but haven't played a RE game since Code Veronica on Dreamcast. Torn between going with the more nostalgic feel of playing on Playstation, or choosing PC which will probably look better graphically
 
Should I go for PS5 or PC for this game?

I played the originals on PS1, but haven't played a RE game since Code Veronica on Dreamcast. Torn between going with the more nostalgic feel of playing on Playstation, or choosing PC which will probably look better graphically

PC not gonna get Nvidia RTX features/quality on PS5 👎 (so happy Capcom/RE finally adopted/integrated RTX with this 👍)
 
The RE Engine runs really well on console and PC so I'm expecting no issues with Requiem.
 

Seems like the FSR AI Performance one is using more sharpening thus comes out looking better vs DLSS Performance - shadows (look around the white door and doorframe) still look better in the DLSS ones IMO - show me Quality vs Quality (why didn't they do that from the start?)

1772060363057.png


Also both/the two different 'samples' just load the same sample/hallway/image for me - am I missing something or just retarded?

Edit: Oh bottom one is DLSS 4 vs 4.5 vs FSR AI and top is DLSS vs FSR AI vs FSR normal, I'm retarded 😆

Shadows in the normal FSR look better than the FSR AI one IMO too/more like the DLSS image (though not as good as)

1772060230413.png


I give it to FSR AI overall besides the shadow part - makes them too 'hard' everywhere it looks like

Double edit: Plus as the 'shadow screenshot' also shows - things don't totally look better with the FSR AI and the sharpening - the windowsill/frame around the window in the door looks better on it's left side/in the shadows (more detail not just shadows are not too hard) - the top part of the frame- the sharpening and harder shadows would seem to make the FSR AI one might look better at first, but I don't think that's what the part directly overhead lit by light is supposed to look like - and the glass part/detail itself in the DLSS is better - even with FSR AI's sharpening and aside from shadow issues.

Not taking now that 'it's better overall' from this one selected screenshot/area let me see different scenes and especially in motion - seems 'in the forefront' the sharpening makes FSR AI look better - and that will grab more of your attention, but still let me see different scenes and especially in motion
 
Last edited:
Am genuinely shocked to see people hyped for such a crass AAA action game.

Resident Evil died around 2006 when the series went action, and ceased to be survival horror. Now it's just an overbloated overplayed series with only a few occasional hits (RE2R, Revelation 2).

I refuse to contribute to this series survival as a CoD wannabe AAA action outfit.
Have you not played 7 & 8?
 
Am genuinely shocked to see people hyped for such a crass AAA action game.

Resident Evil died around 2006 when the series went action, and ceased to be survival horror. Now it's just an overbloated overplayed series with only a few occasional hits (RE2R, Revelation 2).

I refuse to contribute to this series survival as a CoD wannabe AAA action outfit.

1) Rev 1 > Rev 2 by far, and then also more classically a RE game (even with mobile/chapters aspect) and Rev 2 was like Evil Within/Silent Hill in tone and feel and aesthetics more than a RE game IMO (also controls tighter in 1, 2 feels like driving a Buick and Raid Mode better in 1 - partly for that reason)

2) I'm not usually a fan of 'non-zombie' RE games but 8 was fun as hell for me once you hit the latter half
 
Am genuinely shocked to see people hyped for such a crass AAA action game.

Resident Evil died around 2006 when the series went action, and ceased to be survival horror. Now it's just an overbloated overplayed series with only a few occasional hits (RE2R, Revelation 2).

I refuse to contribute to this series survival as a CoD wannabe AAA action outfit.
Revelations 2 wasn't a hit. Revelations 2 only sold around 3 million copies. RE5 is the best selling title in the series at 17 million.

Also, "occasional" hit? Every main RE series title released in the past 20 years has sold more than 10 million copies. More than 15 million over time isn't unusual.
 

Path Tracing looks like crap in their comparison pictures. The scene on the street looks washed out, no details in the reflections. Ray tracing looks better. It does force DLSS performance it seems, which also seems to add a blurriness not see in the ray tracing screen shots. And it looks like path tracing + frame generation can use 14-17GB of VRAM depending on the resolution, which means 5070ti/5080 users might start hitting VRAM walls.

They also mention in the conclusion that the lighting looks wrong for path tracing rather than realistic in some scenes. Unless something changes, to me, it looks like ray tracing is the better option.

Am genuinely shocked to see people hyped for such a crass AAA action game.

Resident Evil died around 2006 when the series went action, and ceased to be survival horror. Now it's just an overbloated overplayed series with only a few occasional hits (RE2R, Revelation 2).

I refuse to contribute to this series survival as a CoD wannabe AAA action outfit.

The RE games that I have played are certainly more action oriented. RE2 Remake was more puzzle based with horror, likewise for RE3 Remake (though just not scary). RE7 was the only straight horror game I've played, but it does dive a bit into the action at the end. RE Village certainly leaned into action more after the first 2 or so hours. RE4 was 100% an action game. Seems like this game will be a mix with some sections trying to be more like RE7 and other sections being like RE4.

So yes, I am looking forward to it. It is short which means I can easily find time for it. Seems a bit too short (12 hours according to reviews), but not a big deal. I'll probably take 15+ hours as I take my time. I often enjoy games where I spend more time playing than opening maps, figuring out which specific twig type I need to collect a quantity of 50 of, walking for 10 minutes only to get another waypoint after a 45 second NPC conversation, only to get ambushed by lame micro NPC encounters/fights that aren't developed enough to be fun. Newer short games often get piled on because people spend more time checking their hours played counters than playing the actual games, yet for some reason legacy series like Resident Evil can still be successful. So I'm grateful for that.
 
Idk, the 12 hour thing kind of has me worried. I better be dying to start it over immediately at $70. I don’t recall how long my first run of 8 was but I played it through at least 4 times so don’t regret paying retail one bit. RE games tend to have a lot of replay-ability, hopefully this is no exception.
 
Unless something changes, to me, it looks like ray tracing is the better option.



likewise for RE3 Remake (though just not scary).

I wanna know why the screenshots are so pixely - not as photo artifacts but like part of the engine/rendering

Also RE3R (which I love btw haters and cut content be damned) was obviously inspired by/supposed to be like all the old action/action sci-fi movies it kept referencing/nodding to/imitating throughout
 
I wanna know why the screenshots are so pixely - not as photo artifacts but like part of the engine/rendering

Also RE3R (which I love btw haters and cut content be damned) was obviously inspired by/supposed to be like all the old action/action sci-fi movies it kept referencing/nodding to/imitating throughout

The RE engine does have a bit of a blurry/pixel-ish look to it. If I recall they added some ray tracing to one or two of the games post release and general consensus was it looked worse and more blurry. The engine does some things well but does seem to have some quirks.
 
The RE engine does have a bit of a blurry/pixel-ish look to it. If I recall they added some ray tracing to one or two of the games post release and general consensus was it looked worse and more blurry. The engine does some things well but does seem to have some quirks.

I got like 160hours between RE2/RE3 remake I never recall seeing it - or especially/at least to this degree. The lighting in the games can be harsh as in going from 'things look almost photorealistic' to 'fake as hell' (and maybe in those fake as hell parts if you zoom in on shadows I could see/imagine them being 'pixely') - but like I said not like in those screenshots - that stands out and screams at me. I also played at like 110-120% native resolution though just sampled down IIRC (no FSR on, though I don't know if you could even have FSR on while setting native res/render in the settings to 110-120%) - so maybe that's why I couldn't see/notice it 🤷‍♂️
 
Last edited:
Idk, the 12 hour thing kind of has me worried. I better be dying to start it over immediately at $70. I don’t recall how long my first run of 8 was but I played it through at least 4 times so don’t regret paying retail one bit. RE games tend to have a lot of replay-ability, hopefully this is no exception.
RE games are not long and never have been. I think the original RE4 on Gamecube was the longest, taking me over 20 hours to beat it the first time. Once I got my legs it takes me around 3-4 hours in the PC version since it's so much easier with a mouse. But 8-10 hours is otherwise typical for a RE game. RE2make took me 10 hours the first time to get through both scenarios on console, 6 hours on PC.
 
The RE engine does have a bit of a blurry/pixel-ish look to it. If I recall they added some ray tracing to one or two of the games post release and general consensus was it looked worse and more blurry. The engine does some things well but does seem to have some quirks.
I got like 160hours between RE2/RE3 remake I never recall seeing it - or especially/at least to this degree. The lighting in the games can be harsh as in going from 'things look almost photorealistic' to 'fake as hell' (and maybe in those fake as hell parts if you zoom in on shadows I could see/imagine them being 'pixely') - but like I said not like in those screenshots - that stands out and screams at me. I also played at like 110-120% native resolution though just sampled down IIRC (no FSR on, though I don't know if you could even have FSR on while setting native res/render in the settings to 110-120%) - so maybe that's why I couldn't see/notice it 🤷‍♂️

I wanted to add - I remembered the hair looking 'pixely' at times - even at the settings I played at - so I went back and looked at some screenshots - and right on the Steam page:
1772090734831.png


So yeah looks like you were right - still wonder if me playing at 110-120% helped/made me notice less or I just always happened to miss it - but still feels/looks worse/really bad the the Requiem screenshots IMO

Edit: My dumbass was also looking at it on the 'lowest' settings on the slider comparison page without realizing - that's why it looked so freaking bad to me 🤣

1772092580274.png


The forum here downsizes uploaded images - looks even worse than that when you look at lowest at the site: https://www.techpowerup.com/review/resident-evil-requiem-performance-benchmark/4.html
 
Last edited:
Am I the only one here who obsessively categorizes their games? (I don't do preorders, or day 1, even for RE games - wait for the bug fixes at least if I'm not gonna wait for the $20 GOTY 😤)

View attachment 787679

I have 7 categories

A. First Person games

B. 3rd Person games

C. RPG games

D. Dark Souls like games

E. Old classic games like Quake

F. Software like 3D Mark

G. Then Favorite games
 
Back
Top