Red Dead Redemption for PC?

Hopefully we'll get a little more info on Thursday. If they're tight lipped about a PC port after a few weeks, I'd say it doesn't look good.
At that point I'll hope for a PS4 Pro version with HDR and a toggle between 1080p/60 or 4K/30.

I just want Gold Bars scattered around the Map so I can find them. I never found any of the Gold Bar in the 1st game but I seen G4TV had a special on all the locations.
Looked like a fun easter egg quest to do the maps were so bleak it was really hard to find them.

Hopefully we'll get a little more info on Thursday. If they're tight lipped about a PC port after a few weeks, I'd say it doesn't look good.
At that point I'll hope for a PS4 Pro version with HDR and a toggle between 1080p/60 or 4K/30.

has Rockstar ever released a game simultaneously on PC and console with their last few big games?...I think RDR2 will come to PC but it'll be like GTA5...I wish they had come up with a better title then RDR2...the first game was called Red Dead Revolver, then Redemption...would have been nice if they got creative with the 3rd title

If it ends up being like GTA5, and we have to wait a year for the PC port, I have found a reason to buy an Xbox Scorpio next year.

Guess I'll be getting a PS4 Pro then. I'll leave it to the rest of the internet to kick and scream about the relative injustice of no simultaneous PC release - which obviously sucks - but RDR had such a profound impact on me that there's no way I won't be playing it on day one on the best available platform. I kept a Xbox360 around for the past 5 years just to re-play RDR every so often.

for some reason I always thought that RDR was an Xbox exclusive...but it came out for both consoles at the same time...

Guess I'll be getting a PS4 Pro then. I'll leave it to the rest of the internet to kick and scream about the relative injustice of no simultaneous PC release - which obviously sucks - but RDR had such a profound impact on me that there's no way I won't be playing it on day one on the best available platform. I kept a Xbox360 around for the past 5 years just to re-play RDR every so often.

Xbox Scorpio will likely be out by then, and it should be a good bit more powerful than the PS4 Pro. Specs put it around 980ti levels of performance.

Xbox Scorpio will likely be out by then, and it should be a good bit more powerful than the PS4 Pro. Specs put it around 980ti levels of performance.

I'd be shocked if XB Scorpio was out in time for RDR2, and I'll eat my shoe if its got "980 Ti" levels of performance. They've always seemed more like stopgap/placeholder specs, kneejerk-released to buy themselves time to figure out an actual answer to the PS4 Pro.

However if by some miracle Scorpio materializes in time for RDR2 and it happens to be the best platform for the game, I'll begrudgingly make an exception to my MS boycott even though they're the biggest contributor to this console exclusivity mess we're in now, since they've been so hostile to PC gaming for the past 15 years.

Last edited:
I'd be shocked if XB Scorpio was out in time for RDR2, and I'll eat my shoe if its got "980 Ti" levels of performance. They seem more like stopgap/placeholder specs kneejerk-released to buy themselves time to figure out an answer to the PS4 Pro.

However if by some miracle Scorpio materializes in time for RDR2 and it happens to be the best platform for the game, I'll make an exception to my MS boycott, even though they're the biggest contributor to this console exclusivity mess we're now in since they've been so hostile to PC gaming for the past 15 years.

Both are supposed to come out around the same time, so there's definitely a good possibility it will be out when RDR2 launches. As far as performance, if you go by the numbers MS stated for the console, it's definitely in line with what stock 980ti puts out. Whether it actually hits that mark or not, we'll have to wait and see. /shrug

Wouldn't shock me if it has some Scorpio "features" whatever those end up being. MS is going to push pretty hard for devs to take advantage of it and the PS4 Pro can take advantage of some of the same higher res assets and HDR.
For me, I just want 60fps and if any version of the game can give me that, my money is yours. Sadly, I kinda don't expect that to be the case.

Wouldn't shock me if it has some Scorpio "features" whatever those end up being. MS is going to push pretty hard for devs to take advantage of it and the PS4 Pro can take advantage of some of the same higher res assets and HDR.
For me, I just want 60fps and if any version of the game can give me that, my money is yours. Sadly, I kinda don't expect that to be the case.

With the PS4 Pro launching next month, it will have at least a year headstart on the Scorpio, so I'd be surprised if RDR2 shipped with any Scorpio-specific features. By the time Scorpio developer consoles are finalized it'll already be too late in RDR2's development cycle. But if I'm wrong I'll buy a Scorpio - whatever gives me the best RDR2 experience, principles and sensibility be damned.

Buying this on xbone once it launches, no way I'm waiting a year for this. (Hopefully the pc version gets released at the same time).

With the PS4 Pro launching next month, it will have at least a year headstart on the Scorpio, so I'd be surprised if RDR2 shipped with any Scorpio-specific features. By the time Scorpio developer consoles are finalized it'll already be too late in RDR2's development cycle. But if I'm wrong I'll buy a Scorpio - whatever gives me the best RDR2 experience, principles and sensibility be damned.

I can almost guarantee that developers already know what the specs are for Scorpio and are optimizing their games as such. And the fact that the PS4 Pro isn't even out yet and 4K patches are already being released is a perfect example of how easy it'll be to update or patch games to run on Scorpio levels. The fact that Scorpio and RDR 2 are being released around the same time (Q3-Q4 2017) there is no reason to believe it won't have Scorpio-based enhancements.

No mention of PC...*sigh*

I guess the best we can hope for is PC somewhere down the line like GTA V.

No mention of PC...*sigh*

I guess the best we can hope for is PC somewhere down the line like GTA V.

Probably.

This isn't the early days of the PS3 where porting was an absolute wretched nightmare. I like the odds way better here for a GTA5 situation.

The "PC is dead" stuff totally doesn't hold water. Those days are gone, too. PC gaming is huge.

Rockstar doesn't live under a rock. They know the demand is there.

They did well by the PC on their last two releases (Max Payne 3 and then GTA 5.)

Wouldn't shock me if a PC version eventually shows up, I just don't think I feel like waiting an extra year (or more) for it. The game is already a year out as it is.
Hopefully we'll get more information about a future PC release sometime before the game hits the consoles. If we don't, that's probably a bad sign.

Wouldn't shock me if a PC version eventually shows up, I just don't think I feel like waiting an extra year (or more) for it. The game is already a year out as it is.
Hopefully we'll get more information about a future PC release sometime before the game hits the consoles. If we don't, that's probably a bad sign.

I know I won't be waiting a second longer than I have to. My PS4 Pro will be ready for it.

I'll double dip on this if they call my bluff just like I did on GTA 4, 5, and would have on RDR but it never happened.

I was doing some research about RDR2 and saw that RDR1 is coming to PS NOW so there will be a way to play on pc, even if it is just streaming.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Probably.

This isn't the early days of the PS3 where porting was an absolute wretched nightmare. I like the odds way better here for a GTA5 situation.

The "PC is dead" stuff totally doesn't hold water. Those days are gone, too. PC gaming is huge.

They did well by the PC on their last two releases (Max Payne 3 and then GTA 5.)

This. Rockstar isn't stupid...they know just as many are interested in RDR2 on PC as they were with GTA-V. Matter of fact, everyone I know is more excited about RDR2 and the ones who got GTA-V on PC have been done with it for quite a while already.

Red Dead Redemption 2 Trailer

that shot at the 43 second mark looked so photo-realistic the first time I saw it...almost looked like a real time video...pausing it shows the CGI elements more clearly...overall the game looks pretty nice from a landscape perspective

Probably.

I also think it's coming to PC but not anytime soon (probably a year later)...I always heard that the reason RDR never came to PC was that the code was really a mess and made porting it to PC a nightmare

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Back