Project: Vash (Trigun)

Jess, I am gonna put it out in the open. Most of us guys here at [H] want to see pictures of you!

So will you find it in your heart to post a few? :eek:

Xanok said:
Jess, I am gonna put it out in the open. Most of us guys here at [H] want to see pictures of you!

So will you find it in your heart to post a few? :eek:
She already indicated she doesn't want herself to be caught in the reflection of one of those very shiny sidepanels, so what do you think your chances are with such a request?

Now quit asking already, all of you, and let's focus on this interesting mod instead, which is, after all, far more interesting than some random pictures of Yet Another Possibly Cute Girl, right?

...right guys? :confused:

Absolutely. Back to the pics with no chick. (no offense Jess...it just rhymed)

I'm also waiting on her etching how-to...she's got skilz. :)

JessAlba452 said:
LoL! You guys are just too funny :D "[H]Moddess" sounds awesome.

Oh and I'll definately wait 30 days before using wax on the case thanks for the tips!

Any time Miss Mod :D

Elledan said:
...right guys? :confused:
I've never ever thought of it, it would be like begging Crimsonsky to post pics of himself and since no one is doing that I don't see why Jess would/should. ;) So yeah I agree.

TED said:
Very nice work on the case, especially the etchings.

Did you go to AWA www.awa-con.com ?

TED

edit... <-- [H]lite? lol this is probably my 20th post or so :p

i did...god what a crappy con.
(last years was better, but this year had a bigger rave)

HUGE UPDATE 10/07!!!

Well guess what guys? I have the suprise panel completed...and all your waiting has paied off! I think/hope that you'll like what I've done. But before you see the side panel, yesterday my items from Xoxide arrived. Thanks goes to Xoxide for their quick shipping and high quality items. :D

xoxidestuff.jpg

1. 20pin Motherboard connector remover
2. Lazer light red
3: Red swappable connectors
4: Dual white light CCFLs

Now you get to see the secret side panel from start to finish!!!

The panels are marked and cut already. Notice the drill holes in the Trigun logo?
panels.jpg

Starting to cut out the letters...I'm not gonna tell you it was easy! Couldn't find my protective goggles so I thought oh I'll be careful. Freaked me out when a shard of metal hit me right below the right eye and got cut. ALWAYS wear safety glasses and gloves when working with a Dremel or any other tool.
windowcut1.jpg

windowcut2.jpg

The window just got sanded and primed this was the easiest part of this whole process lol.
windowcutprime.jpg

Midcoat and sanded for another midcoat.
windowcutmidsand.jpg

Here I masked off the letters and in the next piccy you'll see why.
windowcutmasked.jpg

Now you see why!
windowcutpaint.jpg

Took off the masking tape and letting the red dry waiting to be showered in some clear coat.
windowcutcase.jpg

Clear coated the panel and waiting for it to cure before sanding.
windowcutclear.jpg

Now here it is completely finished. This took lots of work!
windowdone.jpg

windowfinished.jpg

I am loving this side panel! And next update will be a second and yet smaller suprise so stay tuned! :)

The pics in the middle aren't showing up for me but everything else is..... :eek: Hot damn! That looks great!.

yeah.. pics not showing but the money shot is there.. omg tell me your dremel secrets??? that looks so cool. cant wait to see it lit... super job

Sorry bout that guys hit refresh now and they should work!

Gongo I don't have any dremel secrets LoL! :D This is my first ever time dremeling!

A. you etched all those windows yourself right?

B. How old are you? I dont care for the fact that... oh its a girl, im just curious because you got some mad skills if your just a younge girl.

C. Did you cut out the whole window with your dremel?

D. What bit did you use for your etching?

Looks Great! keep up the good work!

UT-Jackal said:
A. you etched all those windows yourself right?

B. How old are you? I dont care for the fact that... oh its a girl, im just curious because you got some mad skills if your just a younge girl.

C. Did you cut out the whole window with your dremel?

D. What bit did you use for your etching?

Looks Great! keep up the good work!

A: Yes I did
B: I'm 18
C: Yes with the fiberglass reinforced cut off wheel
D: Bits #105 and #107 you'll need a new colett since they are 3/32 shank

Thanks! :D

just another quick annoying question jess, but do you tape an image on the outside and then dremel-outline the image on the inside?

You've got that right :) Someone asked me earlier on Page 1 of this topic lol

ShadowAngel said:
Amazing work. Could you share a few tips on the etching? I've been experimenting a little with etching but can't get it to look right. Do you use any accessories, like flex shaft or a router guide or anything? And, if you know, what etching bits do you use?

Haha I'm glad everyone shows interest in the etching! It's the one I worked the hardest on, 5 hours (took breaks every 30 minutes). Sure I'll share some etching tips with everyone. They're actually more like tricks than tips, but anyway...onto the topic.

You will need to purchase etching bit #105 and #107 located at your nearest Home Depot, Lowes or sometimes Walmart. Since these bits are 3/32 you will also need to purchase a new collet, don't forget this or else the bits will just slide right out while you are etching.

Also pick up a sheet of acrylic if you don't have one already, I purchased 1/4" acrylic but they say 1/8" is best. Choose whichever suits your needs.

Print out an image that you would like to etch, don't forget to invert/flip the image. Tape this to the back of a sheet of acrylic. Peel off the protective layer ontop of the acrylic on the other side and this is where you will start etching. I found it best to have your eyes over what you are etching because depending on the thickness of the acrylic you purchased it creates a reflective mirror, kind of like viewing an object in a glass filled with water. So don't forget to always have a constant viewing angle while etching.

I used the flexshaft for better precision. While working you will need to have a firm grasp on the flexshaft handle. The reason being is that sometimes the bit wants to go somewhere on its own accord. Start out with 5,000-10,000 rpms, and use light pressure while still maintaining a firm grip. Practice before you actually start, because there isn't really any margin for error if you are doing a large piece like the Vash window. If you would like to accomplish a layered effect you can turn the rpms all the way to 35,000 again with light preassure trace the image do this only if you are incorporating 2 seperate images it allows things to look more 3D than just 2D. I haven't tried this yet for Project: Vash, but it works.

Good luck with your etching!

Nice job with the window :eek:

Are you going to have any lights on the inside to light up the etchings? thats usually a cool effect.

yep! the top one will have the red lazer leds installed and then the larger side panel window will have 2 white CCFLs because the inside of the case is red and I thought too much red wouldn't look good since the show isn't really about red it's more about him finding peace. That's where the white comes in

don't mean to complain, but I still can't see the last 3 pics in the last update. :(

the trigun panel is pretty damn good. for an 18 year old thats way crazier. Us kids is taking over old guys. haha. oh and yeah the last 3 pics arent showing.

This case has inspired to dig up my old "Berserk" case theme I was working on and try to finish it up. Great work Jess.

I know nothing of anything anime but my brother is really into it so i was thinking of putting in a window on his case and etching one of those shows in it. Have no clue what but yeah. Any shows that have orange in the theme (kinda like how red is in this ones theme im assuming) because i painted the case last summer orange. And i just bought a dremel so i want to use it. And my lian li is too preatty to touch... although i might hit it up too.
Do you know how to hook up led's from "scratch" jess, or did you get the lasers just cause you didnt want to mess with it? Im glad your putting in some leds for the window though cause it makes the etch so sexy. Ok im just babbling now. Later. And keep up with the updates, it makes up for crimson's lack of them. :D

Thanks guys :D glad I can inspire some of ya.

Hmm I didn't want to deal because I noticed it was cheaper to buy them than build them since I would've had to spend $10 for leds and soldering iron tip. The LED thing I got was only $4.99 from xoxide :) Hmm I don't know what would be an anime show that has orange for a theme...DragonBallZ GT comes to mind for some reason...don't ask lol. :D

G'luck to everyone on their new found modding inspiration ;)

Are you in college? Cause if you are i dont see how you have so much time to do this... I barely play computer games anymore because of college, and modding is almost out of the question. (not to mention my friend with all the power tools is back at home) But hopefully i will be getting my own dremel today in the mail :D So now im all ant-z to mod something....

And im waiting for an update :p

UPDATE Oct. 08th!!

Now I've got the case about 80% finished. This will be my last update for a while, because I need to gather more materials and a new motherboard. Okay nevermind that part...the deal was called off.

So if anyone has a red mobo that supports SATA and are willing to donate it or sell it to me for a low price send a PM to me. Thanks :)

I've also been thinking that since I can't afford the $170 model kit I may have to make my own. I've also contacted the person who makes the Vash revolver kit to see if they would like to sponsor project Vash. Time will tell though.

Now here are some update pics!!!!

Right side panel says "love and peace" which is a slogan of Vash's lol I always thought it was a funny quote.
lppaneldone.jpg

Side panel installed onto case.
caseright.jpg

The windowed side panel installed onto the case and I had to use flash so that you could see the etch :)
casedonevash.jpg

And an over all image of the case! Woohoo!
casedonetopside.jpg

Very Sexy :D As for the Motherboard try finding an Abit NF7-S, it's actually alittle more copper then red but I think it'll work and they show up in the FS/FT thread quite offen (I actually think I saw one listed earlier today).

Thanks mashie! :D means a lot coming from you ;)

CrimandEvil I know the Nf7-s is an awesome mobo but since I'm doing white lighting copper will show from the red paint job and I'm looking for a "blend effect" :)

Man, that's nice..... :cool:

BTW how did you do the "Love and Peace" script on the panel? If you did that freehand, I'm in awe.... :eek:

lamarth said:
Man, that's nice..... :cool:

BTW how did you do the "Love and Peace" script on the panel? If you did that freehand, I'm in awe.... :eek:

I used masking tape and an exacto knife to cut out the text when I had the midcoat finished. Sprayed on red spray paint and after it dryed I peeled the masking tape off carefully and then yesterday I sprayed on about 8 layers of clear coat. Today I sanded the clearcoat with 800, 1000,1500, and 2000 grit until the clear coat was smooth and the letters didn't stand out from the clearcoat + midcoat.

It is strange (to me) that you used clear coat on your case. It came out really nice though. It is just that i have read some write ups and they said that they recoment against it, and my friend attempted useing it and it didnt turn out well for him. He might have done it wronge though so who knows. If clear coating is better than not, then i guess i will give it a shot on my next case. Did you ever make that fan grill you made in photo shop. I'm assuming not, so if so you could do that for your next update this weekend ;)
Can't wait to see your etch write up, keep up the Great work!

If your looking for a red motherboard I would suggest a MSI.

Great work for a first timer. I wish some of my projects had come out that well.

ut clear coat is a really good idea for all cases. it one gives a nice gloss and two protects. and in her case she used it to even out the paint between the leters and the black.

very very nice indeed. you certainly have some "l33t modding skillz" as they say. :D

if it's your first time, don't clear coat... it will gloop easily and look like crap. However, once you get decent at painting then you'll be able to clear coat easily. Took me 2 case mods before I learned to paint well... Now it's second nature.

How could I miss this for so long???? Your work is simply amazing! Your attention to detail is extraordinary! You have inspired me to return to my mod and finish it off! Look for Pirate Sonata updates sometime next week!!! :D

Very nice mod (I know alot of ppl have said this but I just felt like I should add) .... my case is in disrepair .... damn inspiration from others lol ... very nice though :D

I wonder how the gainward gf 6800 GT OC would look in that case... with it's 2 red LED's and all. :eek:

Back