CPU: Q6600 Stock
CPU load while folding: 100%
Memory used by the client: 19,644 KB
Temps of the GPU (NVMonitor): 74 C
GPU Clocks: 663/950
PPD (FAHspy): 4793 PPD

Using 177.35 with hacked INF

I'm also running one SMP client for 1403 PPD. 5.91

Affinity Changer is off and GPU client is set to slightly higher priority in config.

GTX's bring between $240.00 and $300.00 depending on the day of the week and who made them ..:p

they are MSI cards... heres the one in my workstation... i guess they might be worth keeping and just putting in folders at work? unless someone wants to offer me $300 lol

GPU: 8800GTX
CPU: E6400
CPU load while folding: FahCore_11 uses !50%
Board Connection (PCI-E, AGP, etc.): PCI-E
Memory used by the client: 15112K
Temps of the GPU (NVMonitor): 63 C Fan is manually @ 100%
GPU Clocks: Core/Mem: 512/999
PPD (as stated by FAHMON or other program): 4456 PPD

they are MSI cards... heres the one in my workstation... i guess they might be worth keeping and just putting in folders at work? unless someone wants to offer me $300 lol
The 9800GTX+ will have a MSRP of $229 and the regular 9800GTX will drop to $199. I don't know how either of those perform in F@H but it might be worth keeping the GTX cards unless you really need the money.

I read a review today that showed somebody overclocking the shader clock on the 9800GTX to over 2ghz. That'd be huge for FAH.

Although I guess we still don't know how the Radeon 4800s will fold.

I read a review today that showed somebody overclocking the shader clock on the 9800GTX to over 2ghz. That'd be huge for FAH.

Although I guess we still don't know how the Radeon 4800s will fold.

i think im going to wait and see how the ati camp does... im looking for the best ppd/w solution that dosent require a 200+w video card... the 9600gt's low power draw has been tempting me...

i dont even turn on my desktop anymore... cant afford it! lol

i think im going to wait and see how the ati camp does... im looking for the best ppd/w solution that dosent require a 200+w video card... the 9600gt's low power draw has been tempting me...

i dont even turn on my desktop anymore... cant afford it! lol
I know what you mean. The power bills are tough, but then again so is the output! Though my power bill has gone up I'm sure my PPD per watt is also up with the Q6600s and etc.

Off the top of my head, I would think the 8800GT or GTS would be better than the 9600GT from a PPD/Watt perspective since they have similar power requirements but more shader processors.

Off the top of my head, I would think the 8800GT or GTS would be better than the 9600GT from a PPD/Watt perspective since they have similar power requirements but more shader processors.

Yup, from the stats I've been seeing, the 9600GT has not been performing very well at all relative to the 8800GT(S). I would definitely wait to see how the client matures for the ATI 4000 series before making any sort of purchase.

I know what you mean. The power bills are tough, but then again so is the output! Though my power bill has gone up I'm sure my PPD per watt is also up with the Q6600s and etc.

That's true, the 9600GT doesn't really use much less power, but has a pretty significant amount of SP's cut out of it. Course its clocked a little higher, making up for some of those losses.

8800gt is still rated at 138watts thats too much for the new computer im planning on building when i get my government check (ever?) i need to keep it under 100 watts... i dont suppose anyone makes a 8800M GTX that fits in a regular PCI express slot?

8800gt is still rated at 138watts thats too much for the new computer im planning on building when i get my government check (ever?) i need to keep it under 100 watts... i dont suppose anyone makes a 8800M GTX that fits in a regular PCI express slot?

seems that u are really tight in the budget department, have u thought in the possibility of investing in solar panels?

seems that u are really tight in the budget department, have u thought in the possibility of investing in solar panels?

solar panels are incredibly expensive... your average system is going to cost you about $5/watt... so if you have a computer drawing 400 watts thats $2000 in just panels! if you want to run it 24/7 you would need to triple your panels, bringing you to $6000 and that dosent include the batteries you would need to store all that electricty... all that to run a single computer :eek:

but solar is actually why i am looking at low power ;)

everyone always talks about solar here but AFAIK nobody has done it...

i got a great deal on some panels, i have 18x 10w panels and a 34w panel charging up a pair of 55ah AGM batteries... but it dosent do me much good if the computer is drawing craploads more than im generating...

so im generating 180 watts my computer should *technically* draw no more than about 75 watts if i want to run it 24/7 off whatever i generate on the solar...

i picked up an AOpen i975Xa-YDG and a Core2Duo T7200 from a friend of mine... so that should be about ~40w and im planning on budgeting in either a new velocirapter ~6 watts or a 7200rpm laptop drive ~4watts... thats 44~46 watts... that leaves me 29~31 watts for a video card lol even the 8800M would exceed that!!...

so ya theres basically no way of doing this without a grid-assist whenever the batteries become depleted...

problem is the power supply im using is a 250 watt DC-DC supply (95% efficient!) but only provides 12A on the +12 rail... so 144 watts of +12v... so at that point i really do NEED to be around 100 watts since the other 44 are going to go to silly things like the motherboard and CPU lol

I haven't tried this yet, but has anyone tried gaming while running the GPU2 client? Does it work out okay? I want to play something.. but I don't want to close the client of course ;)

I haven't tried this yet, but has anyone tried gaming while running the GPU2 client? Does it work out okay? I want to play something.. but I don't want to close the client of course ;)

I launched world of warcraft and immediatly bsoded with hacked 177 drivers on xp 32bit

Toontown does about the same. Had to show the girls how to shut off folding when playing on my system.

GPU: EVGA 8800gts 320
CPU: E8400 4ghz
CPU load while folding: 100% (running winSMP)
Board Connection: PCI-E
Memory used by the client: 14MB
Temps of the GPU (NVMonitor): 64C (100% fan)
GPU Clocks: 500/1200/800
PPD: 2300ppd from gpu2, 2100ppd from winSMP.

Seems a little low? Should I try overclocking the card?

uhh, nevermind...I set the gpu2 priority to "slightly higher" and overclocked the card to 600/1389/900. fahmon now shows 4233ppd for the gts320 and 2086ppd for the E8400. Seem normal?

Four GTX 280's on this...

Can't even imagine what the PPD on that would be.

Or got stock up on some Tesla's :cool:

Four GTX 280's on this...

Can't even imagine what the PPD on that would be.
A conservative figure would be ~24000PPD. :D

But, you're looking at well over $2000 just in video cards... ;) :eek:

Or got stock up on some Tesla's
So far, I haven't seen any F@H results on Teslas to give us a rough idea of dollar/PPD, but I imagine it wouldn't be a cost-effective solution...

I'm surprised, I thought the client wasn't supposed to work if SLI was enabled? But I just enabled it, started the client back up, and it's working fine. :D

I'm surprised, I thought the client wasn't supposed to work if SLI was enabled? But I just enabled it, started the client back up, and it's working fine. :D
I have no idea, but Xilikon mentioned that dual GPU2 clients aren't supported yet. I think SLI should still work in games though. I hope they hurry up with multi-GPU support.

I have no idea, but Xilikon mentioned that dual GPU2 clients aren't supported yet. I think SLI should still work in games though. I hope they hurry up with multi-GPU support.

I don't mind just having one GPU folding, I just hate having to enable, disable, enable, disable, enable, disable SLI every time I want to play a game or something :) I hope it keeps working like this.

I'm getting Zero PPD... damn servers once again are not giving out WU's!! /sigh

Does WCG support video card folding... ?

I'm getting Zero PPD... damn servers once again are not giving out WU's!! /sigh

Yeah, same here with 2 GPU2 client idling now :( At least, I can fire back the VM if needed until it come back. I even made a request to make WU much bigger since those small ones is killing them :rolleyes:

Does WCG support video card folding... ?

Attention please, all you good people out there in computer land that have more experience at DC computing than me (which don't take a whole lot of experience :rolleyes:). Can someone answer Mr Sunun's question about whether the WCG deal suppored video card folding ? :confused:
The reason I'm curious and probably some other people as well is I read where the WCG clients were easier on the computers resources and worked better than F@H on older technology (older than the dual core cpus and with some type of Linux flavor OS) :confused:

Thanks for any and all answers :D

I must be getting the sweet WUs. Projects 5001 and 5002 are giving me these results:

GPU: BFG Geforce 8800GTS OC 512MB
CPU: E6750 @ 3.52
CPU load while folding: 50+%
Board Connection (PCI-E, AGP, etc.): PCI-E
Memory used by the client: 5MB or 15MB (Am I looking for the Fahcore or [email protected]?)
Temps of the GPU (RivaTuner): 63 C
GPU Clocks: 675/972
PPD (as stated by FAHMON or other program): 4980PPD

edit: OC'd the card to 756/1053. FahMon showing 5292PPD.

Maybe I'm a little late to the party with this one (not in the mood right now to search through 7 pages), but I've OC'd just the shaders on this system, installed the 177.35 drivers and am pulling in a reported 6048PPD.

Maybe I'm a little late to the party with this one (not in the mood right now to search through 7 pages), but I've OC'd just the shaders on this system, installed the 177.35 drivers and am pulling in a reported 6048PPD.

Nice! So if I'm reading you right, you dropped the core and memory back to stock speeds and just overclocked the shaders? How high were you able to get the shaders?

Yes, for the GPU2, the shaders clock is what matters and the rest doesn't. That way, you can get the shaders clock very high while keeping it cool by having the core/mem still low.

What you using to OC just the shaders?

I'm not convinced that going 4850 is the best yet.. although I may pick up 2 at bestbuy tomorrow just to get that deal...

I want to pick up 3 8800 GT's

I use Rivatuner 2.09 to do this. Just uncheck the link checkbox and you will be able to set clocks independently.

Added my 8800 GT results to my post on the first page.

Stock = ~4500 PPD
OC 670/1770/1003 = 5292 PPD

I can't believe how annoyingly loud the fan on the 8800GT is, and it doesn't even cool that well. Fan is at 90% and the temps are 75C. My GTS is running a higher OC, running cooler at 65C and is barely audible with the fan locked at 55%. I can't wait to get ahold of the S1 and make the 8800GT nearly silent.

Back