Post Your Workstations 2016

New house, new workstation. (Some cable management needed)

9PRmTxr.jpg

Last edited:
^^ At the bottom right corner of the bookshelf, I'm seeing some leatherbound Barnes & Nobles editions of literary classics :) They look amazing, have been looking into getting some of the titles.

I decided I couldn't wait for the rest of my stuff on its way from my last duty assignment in Turkey, so I went ahead and picked up some new computer speakers to complete my new workstation, along with a new desk.

CLfJBdc.jpg

That's super clean for having literally no storage nearby. Looks great.

I decided I couldn't wait for the rest of my stuff on its way from my last duty assignment in Turkey, so I went ahead and picked up some new computer speakers to complete my new workstation, along with a new desk.

CLfJBdc.jpg

Kudos for having your light sabers at the ready as well. Never know when dudes be creepin'.

2 Korean 1440p, 2 Dell U2412 1200p, 2 Ergotron dual monitor arms, Deck Francium Pro keyboard, Logitech G502, Klipsch Promedia 2.1, Maxnomic Dominator, 2 1500va UPS, Wii U Pro controller + Steam controller, Arch Linux

View attachment 7428

I spy a Deck.. I thought it was a mini for a sec. Shouldn't post on Sat morning before coffee.. I have a "fire" mini from years back. Built like a tank!

Water cooling will be finished this weekend hopefully. And I have a monitor stand on the way to give me some more desk space. Also planning on a new desk purchase soon. But here it is as of now! Specs in sig.

IMG_1429.jpg

That is one hell of a clean setup. Any details on the stand?

Thank you. It's scratch built - MDF, hardwood, self levelling feet, durable blackboard vinyl, metal ROG sticker, ribbed rubber surface to prevent slipping, RF controlled RGB lighting and a cavity in the rear to store unsightly cables. It took a couple of days to build.

Picture to show the texture of the rubber sheeting for the non-slip top (a single sheet was stuck to the top and trimmed to size):

Build details are here:

PC display stand

My computer hates yours!!!! :p

Haha! It's quite a friendly computer really, and very understanding.

Something arrived today. I'll need to get this all set up properly though:

I'll be using it with this when I get it finished:

It'll take a while to get my space legs it seems. Going to have to take my Elite Dangerous training slowly by the looks of things ...

Haha! It's quite a friendly computer really, and very understanding.

Something arrived today. I'll need to get this all set up properly though:

I'll be using it with this when I get it finished:

It'll take a while to get my space legs it seems. Going to have to take my Elite Dangerous training slowly by the looks of things ...
if only there was a way to mod that into a helmet...

Been in here all night swapping boards and cases around.
xeon-working-area.jpg

This is my entertainment room.
The pano is to my girlfriends specifications.
She doesn't want a couch or even bean bags. She likes to lay a blanket on the ground as if every time we watch a movie, football, or tv, it's a picnic. (With an easily accessible fridgerator for her wine, my wine, and my game enhancing beer.)
HaYQeVn.jpg

Uoj1QnX.jpg

There are only 3 cables attached to the desk. (One power strip, the Display port cable, and one USB 3.0 cable) When we don't watch movies, which is 99% of the time, the desk can easily be moved to the center of the room to take advantage of the surround. You don't have to fiddle with anything, just pull the desk out. Everything is double sided velcroed so that it can be removed for cleaning, but also stays in place. (The computer stays in place, there's no reason to move it).

GwOn5ir.jpg

npssa8V.jpg

bmXNmrQ.jpg

I do need some better cable management in my life. Just not today.
xSkMLPS.jpg

Here is the inside of my beast:
SHLicuY.jpg

I need actual wall decorations, but I spent all my money on gaming.

And my Specs:
i7-2600k
16GB Corsair Something
500GB 840 Samsung EVO
SLI 1080
Corsair 850 CS850M
Asus PG279Q

Sound:
Interestingly, my onboard sound is disabled.
Yamaha RX-A760
4x Klipsch RP-280F
2x Klipsch RP-140SA
Klipsch RP-250C
Klipsch R-112SW
Mic = Scarlett Solo + Seinnheiser e835
And a Dell USB Soundbar, which I dedicate only to comms. It keeps the game sounding crisp, and it keeps people from yelling across my house. (In game, Vent, Teamspeak, Discord, etc).
There is a 3.5mm under the desk for headphones, but I don't currently own any.

Is that a stock Intel cooler I see? :eek:

To be entirely fair, the stock intel coolers were not as crap during Sandy Bridge. But that isn't saying much. I replaced mine solely to quite down my desktop.
No but it looks just like one doesn't it? :wtf:
I also lie a lot. It's on the tado list right under, new Processor, MB, Memory, Beer. Jeremy is right, it has worked for now, for now...

Here is the inside of my beast:
SHLicuY.jpg

I need actual wall decorations, but I spent all my money on gaming.

All that money and a stock CPU Cooler?!

37973808.jpg

Did you get the 1080's as a deal? Or did you buy them strait up because paring two 1080's with an i7 2600k & DDR3 Makes now flippin' sense whatsoever.

Last edited:
All that money and a stock CPU Cooler?!

37973808.jpg

Did you get the 1080's as a deal? Or did you buy them strait up because paring two 1080's with an i7 2600k & DDR3 Makes now flippin' sense whatsoever.

You'd be suprised. i7-2600k utilizes a pair of 1080's just fine, even with a intel heatsink. It's not like I reached a cpu/memory bottleneck.

Pretty clean. Love the lighsabers on the desk.

CLfJBdc.jpg

My rather ridiculous setup. 1x maxed out hex core Mac Pro - D700, 64GB RAM, 1TB SSD. 3x overpriced (and now endangered) Apple Thunderbolt displays. It's a good bit of kit, but not without its issues.

Attachments

• IMG_6101.jpg
    IMG_6101.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 117
Had to empty my office to paint the walls. Figured I'd have a go at cable management.

0kRQTId.jpg

And the underside, showing what I did.
qfcjPW4.jpg

Still a bit of a mess behind that leg in the corner, but I think it turned out well.

What desk is that?

Hi

Here are some photos of the workstation and the entire house that I´ve been developing since I was eighteen years old, I´d like to share some of the projects and knowledge about green energy and sustainability.

I tried to capture the house exactly how it looks when you arrive and get into to, is a little dark because is a man cave I took maybe 10 shots to make one photo and was pretty hard to capture the vision that we have when you sit to play something or watch a movie.

I have two setups, the first one is for gaming, movie and work, the second one is for watch movies with friends and family. The entire house is powered by green energy, I have one sun water heater for the hot water, all the house were made using recycle parts from another houses / company's. I will try to list everything that I have here, some people think that the house is not real because looks like one store or playland, the truth is that neverland from MJ was my inspiration and I´m not even close of that...The house has automation for everything, I can turn on the lights, music, movie, the kitchen and even control the pressure of the water, the temp and the flow.

The room and the office are jumped together with cables from outside of the house, so If you want to play games in setup 2 you just need to change the monitor and audio setup. If you want to watch some movie in setup 1 from setup 2, you just have to change the entry in Denon receiver, all the house is connected together and working as it should after long years of test and programming. In the setup 1 if you want to play using TV you just need to change to monitor 2, if you want to use the headphones just change the audio output for Razer board, if you want to play using headphone in setup 1 with cockpit you just need to grab the second Razer Tiamat and plug in the Sony receiver.

I´m so sorry for the bad quality of some photos, I had to use my cellphone because my lens could not take the photo so close. maybe I will do one update when I get one canon 10/22 mm. Me and my friends use to do some lan parties over here, there is one video of us doing one stress test with Asus and the ISP. Since everything in the house has one IP and access to the internet, the 400 / 200 ISP link sometimes is less for what the house want, right now the Asus is showing me 5 / 6 TB of traffic peer month, crazy right?

Some shots:

This is the electric panel of the house, everything were made by hand and with Siemens products for best quality, I use one sand fuse for setup 1 and another one for setup 2, that´s filter the noise from power surge and delivery clean energy for the entire house, also it has DPS for rain lighting protection, two grounds, even for the cable TV and telephone line, all the receptacles are hospital grade, kitchen receptacles are waterproof, it has one Smappee to monitor the power surge for the entire house, it´s an awesome product:

zb7HbXq.jpg

AZHTAUj.jpg

eG7Qwyj.jpg

With the red Acer laptop that I use to work ( I left it plugged in the table because is more fast and easy to get out and get in when I need to do some fast jobs/projects with customers ).

0FlYkYI.jpg

laptop closed.

Panoramic view

CjcxMDy.jpg

This is how I use the system, almost with all the lights off and just some little blue and warm light to keep the climate of men´s cave.

ejHcww9.jpg

The second monitor for play games or watch movies / Chromecast videos ( smart TV ).

pD923Is.jpg

Couch mode

0EzOl7N.jpg

Cockpit mode

XL22BXr.jpg

The couch get´s out of the room and I install the cockpit for play some games on TV, we can use the 7.1 home theater or the Razer Tiamat 7.1 if there´s someone in the same room using another computer / arcade and we don´t want to disturber or make so much noise.

This is the back view of the couch / cockpit setup with surround speakers

ITM5f9Y.jpg

This is an old project that I´ve made in the past, it uses one computer inside with Hyperspin and almost 500 GB of games and emulators, built in speakers and with one original CRT tube from 1990, also one coin selector that works with 25 cents.

ARmKv20.jpg

ECP0sIV.jpg

The seat chair that I´ve made.

7vvMqqL.jpg

-> Project link - > https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/777602-car-seat-as-a-chair-audi-a8-seat/

The entry view of the house with arcade in the background and kitchen / cinema room.

FmolVRV.jpg

This is the setup 2, the photo looks like a little ''dead'' and with no life because of the poor lighting, sometimes is hard to take one shot of some place that is dark almost 90% of the time like one movie theater.

ZSLbD5N.jpg

Close up with all the spikes for and bases for isolation/vibration

BkecGNN.jpg

This is the back view of the room / kitchen, the kitchen was made with old bricks from 1960, it has automation in lights, kitchen appliances and food garbage disposal, also it uses one Nest protect v2 to monitoring all the activity of the place.

12Evtdp.jpg

The gas burner that I did, less space = creativity to solve the problem.

mUKpJqH.jpg

Working

SdHxiJD.jpg

Nest protect V2.0 taking care of the entire house, I highly recommend this product for everyone that want to protect the house / family and your ''investments''.

U1Stpkz.jpg

If you want to know more about this, check this out and see how smartness one smoke alarm can be and save money / family.

I can take more photos of the green power station and house, but I think this is not the focus of this topic and forum.
I hope you like my hard work,

Here is the list for setup 1:

Samsung 52' Lcd Series 6 FullHD.
Monitor Benq XL24t 3D Vision2 Nvidia.
Pioneer 212D.
Pioneer BDR-206BK.
Razer BlackWindow Ultimate Keyboard
Razer DeathVadder Mouse.
3d Vision 2 Nvidia Kit.
Western Digital 4TB External Hard Drive.
Palm TX for house automation.
ASUS AC68U Plus TPLINK 8 Ports Switch.
Internet Speed -> ONT Vivo Fibra 400/170 mb
Wirelles Xbox360 Kit.
Microsoft LifeCam Studio 1080p HD Webcam
Logitech G25 Racing Wheel / Cockpit
WDTV Live G3.
Chromecast 2
Receptacles Hubbell Hospital Grade / Leviton.
APC Power Surge Filters.
Headphone Razer Tiamat 7.1 x 2 + USB Offboard sound 7.1 Vantec.
Laptop Acer 5100 - Zmodo HD Surveilance System.
Laptop Samsung - Server + 10TB in Sabrent USB 3.0 to SATA External.
Laptop Acer E5 - I use to work almost everyday and this stay in the table until I have to grab and get out every morning.
Lacrosse Weather Station model 330-2315 Professional Weather Station
The table was made by me, is an old door of one cabinet with acrylic supports, the entire house were made using stainless steel screws.

Computer:

Asus Maximus formula x38
Quad Q6600
8GB OCZ Reaper DDR2 1066Mhz
Gtx770 Zotac
Zalman Fan Controler
OCZ SteathSteam 600watts
Corsair H50 Hydro Series
SanDisk SSD PLUS 480GB Solid State Drive
Wester Digital 1TB internal Hard drive
ASUS Xonar HDAV1.3 Slim 24-bit Stereo PCI Low Profile

Arcade Machine:

I used one old cabinet from a local store.
There´s a computer inside with 500GB of games.
I use Hyperspin for emulation.
There is light buttons for player 1 and 2 and one coin selector that works with 25cents of dollar =]
Over here you dont have to buy the coins, I can gave it for free.

Sound and Speakers

Home Theater 7.2 Sony Model DAV-DZ77T.
Speakers Pedestal all made by me with acrylic and old parts from music stores.

Cables and Accessories.

Hdmi Blue Jeans,
Audio - Monster Optic and Coaxial.
Signal Power Cable.
RCA Sthaca ( By Thalles ).
Belden Power Cable.
Sthaca / RCA Din.
Spikes ViaBlue / in speakers.

Here is the setup 2 / Room:

Projector Optoma HD25.
3d Vision 2 Nvidia.
HD 6TB MyBook Essential Western Digital.
Palm TX / Palm T5
Harmony Ultimate HUB.
Router ASUS AC68 ( AP MODE )
WDTV Live G3.
Blu Ray Player BDP-S590.
Receptacles Hubbell 8300.
APC power surge.
DIY Home Made Projector Screen 106''.
Electric Curtains.
Lights Lutron Maestro.
Nest Home Protect V2
Harmony Ultimate Control.