• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Post your workstation 2008 !

Status
Not open for further replies.
My current setup: Just come quick photos for posting.

Desk and TV


PC fragging area


360 Fragging area


Closer shot of kb/mouse area


Plan is getting wireless kb/mouse for mac mini, obv better wiremangement. Either mounting the speakers to hang from the desk or wall. Maybe new 32" Samsung by end of the year. Furniture not mine other then the desk, chair and table. That will change when I get back out on my own.
 
i really like that desk!!!.. or.. maybe its not the desk.. whatever that glass self looking thing is to the left..
 
Ya, it's the bookshelf from my old desk that has stood the test of time. Great spot to toss my tower and still have storage for books, cd cases and my messy file system of paper work
 
Nice setup Prim3. That chair looks like a nice place to play games and watch movies from if it reclines or has an ottoman.
 
Seen those Desks at frys all the time. They are nice build and nice material. I like the side stand the most. Its cheaper at frys too.


I, unfortunately, do not have a Fry's anywhere near me, but I thought about ordering one (however, the shipping is $44 alone.) Does it look very wide in person because when I looked at the dimensions, it says it is 59" wide which is kinda big for where I want to put it.
 
Nice setup Prim3. That chair looks like a nice place to play games and watch movies from if it reclines or has an ottoman.


Doesn't recline but I have an old desk chair with out a backing on it that I use as an ottoman. I have fallen many of times alseep in it lol.
 


One thing I am pretty proud of is the hidden cords. Having my desk arranged the way I do and the type of desk it is with an open bottom, etc there would normally be tons of cords everywhere with the equipment I have. I got a lot of cable tie sticky pads all under the desk and secured the cables under the top of the desks.

I actually plan on suspending the sub under my main section that is now on a wire crate behind my keyboard. I love it there because I feel the bass, where as when it was on the floor I never really did unless I cranked it up. My feet/knees never go that far under so I like it there. I will suspend it and take the crate out so my feet can smootly move under it. I have already figured out how to set two straps and attache the sub to the underneath of the desk, just got to get to Home Depot. Plus with the sub off the floor it does not resonate through the house as much and my wife doesnt hear it as much downstairs now because the bass does not travel through the floor.

Main System Info:
Windows XP Pro
Antec P180B Case
EVGA nVidia 680i SLI Mobo
E6600 2.4Ghz Dual Core2 Duo
4GB OCZ Reaper (PC800) RAM 2x1GB
X-Fi Fatal1ty Champion SC
2x EVGA 8800GTS KO 640MB in SLI
Logitech Z-5300e 5.1 THX Speakers
(Zalman Fans on CPU)
Razer Barracuda HP-1 Headphones
Razer Tarrantula KB
Razer Lachesis mouse
Razer Battlelight
Razer Ballcap
Razer eXactMat w/Wrist Pad
Hanns-G 28" 1920x1600 3ms LCD Monitor
 
A supply of bubble gum?

And all those Razer products? I don't have much against them (except for releasing a million things), but... you didn't buy all those, did you? You're sponsored right? >.>

Definitely nice work on the cabling.
 
Nope, I bought every one of them............

Thanks, the cabling took me about 3 hours to get right, lots o cable ties, cable tie stickies under the desk, etc.

This is actually my work (home office) and gaming set up, so I use them all day and all night.

I am a Razer freak, happen to really like their products, I like the attitude they project in marketing, and they really are great items with great response times, plus I wanted to round out my system with higher end peripherals.

The gum replaced the Marlboro's a year ago. I was smoking 2 packs a day for 20 years, finally quit, so now I stock up on gum, lots of it too.
 


I went ahead and bought some plumbers strapping that had a bunch of holes in it, painted it black, then used that to suspend the woofer under the desk and got the crate out. So there is a good shot of it suspended, rounding out my home office/game corner of the world. I have the straps connected to the steel beams the desk top sits on and set in 4 small short screws into the sub as welll to make sure it does not shift, but can swing a little.
 
I envy every single god damn thing about that room

You are welcome to come by and hang out any time ;)

Amazing setup(s) but why do you have two 360s? Is it because you bought the Elite for the HDMI and already had one?

Yes. But the two were only sitting there for a time being because of a birthday party for my son, I usually keep a 360 and PS3 in the office. I have 4 Xbox 360's in the house a 60GB PS3 and a Wii.

I wonder if Steve ever leaves the house...

5 days a week 12 - 16 hours a day I'm right here with YOU ;)

.....Steve can I come over and play????

Any time!

If I was Steve's friend, every time I came over I'd steal a DVD or two at a time. He'd never notice...

LOL!! Why steal when you can borrow them any time ;) My wife actually has a dry erase board, we loan ours out to our friends (beats going to Blockbuster / NetFlix) and she writes down their name, and what movies they have.
 
Lol so uhh... you spent how much on all of those?! Please don't tell me you bought them all brand new... that's like an average of $20-$25 per dvd...
 
Now, are these promotional Razer products or did you buy them yourself?

But I like Razer, got a Diamondback a couple pages back.
 
Now, are these promotional Razer products or did you buy them yourself?

I happen to have bought them all myself, I love Razer gear. I felt that though my computer isn't one of the "Best" out there, it certainly was good enough to respect some good gear attached to it. Its like having a corvette and sticking with SAM's brand tires, you just don't do it so I wasn't going to keep the optical mouse and stock keyboard, plus needed a good set of headphones that worked with my sound card instead of USB style. I felt I needed as good of input devices as this thing could handle, so I got the Lachesis, fell in love with it, got the keyboard, and it all went from there. Within 2 months I had gone Razer crazy.
 
I agree that Razer's products are fairly nice... I can't stand the Logitech G5 and how xbox heug it is. Since I always use wristpads (and in this case, a Razer eXactmat w/the pad), I tend to claw the mouse. Hence my own Diamondback.

I couldn't quite see the merit of buying everything Razer, though. Namely keyboards. Because I have a Model M. Personal preference I suppose.

Also, with all the cable ties, isn't it a hassle if you have to move/replace a cable?
 
I'm a big fan of Razer myself, owned 2 Diamondbacks (original and the Limited Edition), and a Copperhead.

With my new build I'm deciding on if to go with a Deathadder or Lachesis.

The Lachesis has an odd design, which I'll need to get my hands on first off before I make a commitment to it, but trying out a friends Deathadder and it's pretty nice, somewhat like the design more than a Copperhead (surprisingly).

Have an exactmat as well.

That said... keyboard wise... I'm very simple.

My fav. keyboard is a Microsoft Internet Keyboard. ( http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-C19-00001-Internet-Keyboard/dp/B00002MZ8G )

I have like 3 of them... My entire setup is black. And I've been looking for a Black version of it just cant find one!

I don't mind upgrading to a keyboard sooner or later, but I just love a nice mechanical keyboard which has a nice feel to it. I hate when they feel rubbery and keys hit almost like a laptop.

I *need* to hear the hits!

Bought a black logitech keyboard (cheapo @ $8) hoping for a decent replacement, but it just didn't do it for me.

I cant stand ergo keyboards either (used one consistently for about 4-6+ months, couldn't get used to one, I tried.)

I'll post my setup sooner or later, just picked up a 42" LG 1080P today ;)
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I'm a big fan of Razer myself, owned 2 Diamondbacks (original and the Limited Edition), and a Copperhead.

With my new build I'm deciding on if to go with a Deathadder or Lachesis.

The Lachesis has an odd design, which I'll need to get my hands on first off before I make a commitment to it, but trying out a friends Deathadder and it's pretty nice, somewhat like the design more than a Copperhead (surprisingly).

Have an exactmat as well.

That said... keyboard wise... I'm very simple.

My fav. keyboard is a Microsoft Internet Keyboard. ( http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-C19-00001-Internet-Keyboard/dp/B00002MZ8G )

I have like 3 of them... My entire setup is black. And I've been looking for a Black version of it just cant find one!

I don't mind upgrading to a keyboard sooner or later, but I just love a nice mechanical keyboard which has a nice feel to it. I hate when they feel rubbery and keys hit almost like a laptop.

I *need* to hear the hits!

Bought a black logitech keyboard (cheapo @ $8) hoping for a decent replacement, but it just didn't do it for me.

I cant stand ergo keyboards either (used one consistently for about 4-6+ months, couldn't get used to one, I tried.)

I'll post my setup sooner or later, just picked up a 42" LG 1080P today ;)


best keyboard ever! when mine broke i ordered one a used one on ebay (posting from it now) for like 99 cents plus $5 shipping.

funny thing is it cost the guy $11 bucks to ship :D

Its a great keyboard, i won't use anything but it.
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
That said... keyboard wise... I'm very simple.

My fav. keyboard is a Microsoft Internet Keyboard. ( http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-C19-00001-Internet-Keyboard/dp/B00002MZ8G )

I have like 3 of them... My entire setup is black. And I've been looking for a Black version of it just cant find one!

I don't mind upgrading to a keyboard sooner or later, but I just love a nice mechanical keyboard which has a nice feel to it. I hate when they feel rubbery and keys hit almost like a laptop.

I *need* to hear the hits!

Might I suggest:
http://www.daskeyboard.com/

I am also a demanding keyboard user (I type 30 page papers and the like), and have been very happy with mine.
I also use the Logitech G11 for gaming (backlight goodness for the dark), and have found the key response to be adequate.
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
My junk:
IMG_9526_HDR.jpg

IMG_9557_us.jpg
 
Might I suggest:
http://www.daskeyboard.com/

I am also a demanding keyboard user (I type 30 page papers and the like), and have been very happy with mine.
I also use the Logitech G11 for gaming (backlight goodness for the dark), and have found the key response to be adequate.

I really, really want that keyboard; but the fact it doesn't have any "shortcut keys" is a deal killer for me. My keyboard has to have at least the volume and play controls on it.

Another vote for the Microsft Internet Pro keyboard. (the one that also has the usb ports in the back of it) I also use several of them.
 
On the topic of keyboards, am I the only one who HATES when they remove the LCTRL key and shove the arrow keys to the left in the groove, and shrink the PGUP/PGDWN buttons to 2 columns? And that god damn weird enter key.

I have been willing to get some of the more expensive keyboards, then they have that.

And I stick to my oldies.

That Das Keyboard looks sexy... but I'd look too much like a geek.

Not even a big fan for backlighting too much.
 
I have been changing everything around lately. I went to the Ikea store and put together a couple of custom tables for my workstation... finally got enough room for everything. I am still working on everything, but I am almost done. Here are some preliminary pics...
IMG_0574.jpg


IMG_0530.jpg


I just crammed a couple of 500gb WD Caviars in these...
HDDenclosures3.jpg


and I have also been trying to get all the junk in here cleaned and organized nicely... here's the closet after arranging everything...
CleanPCcloset3.jpg


and here's a bunch of power supplies I have accumulated... some are dead, some are modded, some are too crappy to use...
CleanPCcloset2.jpg


I will take some more pics (lots since I got a new camera) of my workstation after I get it 100% cleaned up and finished. I have alot on my agenda lately... I have to finish modding the Lian Li, make a headphone amp, finish tweaking my laptop, build wife a new rig and give her the old Ikea Jerker... blah, blah, blah. Better get back to it... later guys.
 
I have been changing everything around lately. I went to the Ikea store and put together a couple of custom tables for my workstation... finally got enough room for everything. I am still working on everything, but I am almost done. Here are some preliminary pics...




CleanPCcloset2.jpg



.

Wow is it just me, or do those PSU's look really big? ( i know they arent)
 
Also, with all the cable ties, isn't it a hassle if you have to move/replace a cable?

Yes, it can be, especially when I had everything grouped together. I just re-arranged everything before these pics, so I split the cables into groups so I had less to work with if I had to cut and re-run wires in any given group. However once you get everything in, it really isnt that big of a deal, especially considering the way my set up is, I can eaiisly get to it all as appposed to it being up against the wall mostly. If that were the case it would have been harder and more of a hassle I have to agree.

I almost went with the Logitech keyboard, but that Tarantula just looked sexy to me and had a much better feel/sound IMHO. With the Battle light on top it helps at night in the dark during game time because these keys are not backlit like I wished they were. I used to be a "natural style/ split keyboard" user, could not find another to replace the one I had, so I ended up getting the Saitek which I liked, but the keys felt too high and I didnt "hear" them as I hit them like I do on the Tarantula, plus the Tarantula layout is more condusive with my fingers.

I have a Logitech G7 mouse and used it for a year or so, RMA'd it twice, otherwise when it worked it worked well, but when I went to the Lachesis, it was a weird transition going from rounded to flat. My hands dwarf the mouse though, so where the rounded was able to give me more to hold on to, the Lachesis was something I had to adjust to like holding a toy compared to a tool. It was smaller, lighter, and flatter. It took me about a month or so to get back into my rythm. Now I love it if they can get the weird twitch thing it does cleared up.

You may not be able to see it in those pics, but I have my old set up waiting for a case. I really want this case:
http://www.newegg.com/product/product.aspx?item=N82E16811233013
So when I get that I will take the guts out of this main machine and drop it into that case, then take my "old" system and drop it into my Antec P180B.

Old System is:
Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe
High-Power 550W PSU
AMD Socket 939 Athlon X2 4200+
3GB DDR PC-800 Patriot Low Latency RAM
Soundblaster Audigy ZS S/C
2 x BFG 7950GT OC 256MB V/C in SLI
74GB WD Raptor SATA
120GB WD IDE

And I will hook it up to the dual monitors, take the HP I have and run that on the side as a file server. That is the eventual plan.
 
I game a lot (at least 25 hours a week) And after wearing the buttons on two Razer Diamondback's out in 9 months. I have come to the conclusion that Razer is not worth it. I upgraded to a G5 6 moths ago, and have not had a single issue. Plus my hand fits the G5 better than most Razers. I <3 my Logitech G5!
 
I game a lot (at least 25 hours a week) And after wearing the buttons on two Razer Diamondback's out in 9 months. I have come to the conclusion that Razer is not worth it. I upgraded to a G5 6 moths ago, and have not had a single issue. Plus my hand fits the G5 better than most Razers. I <3 my Logitech G5!


Got the G5 about 2 weeks ago. Very comfortable and works well when playing my games. Can't speak about the Razer's though.
 
I can't stand Logitech's mice.They feel like upside down bowls in my hand. I'm a Razer mouse man all the way. Red Copperhead for my desktop. Plasma Blue Diamondback for my MacBook Pro.
 
Start a Razer vs Logitech Thread under inputs?

Don't forget its " Limit your Comments.
 
My computer's motherboard fried so heres my current setup...
100_0919Small.jpg

100_0923Small.jpg

New crysis poster!
 
Thanks for the nice words Dave.

jonjon0nline, the enclosure on the right is a RocketFish enclosure from BestBuy.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top