Post Your Workstation 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bad...I'm sorry man. I figured I would get an email when I got a PM.

But to answer your question, I got the desk like 6-7 years ago from Office Depot for about $150 and all I can remember about it is that it was from the manufacturer "O'Sullivan"

The desk is great and incredibly solid for the price I paid for it.

Ahh, I expected it to be as much. :)

Anyway a quick google search for "O'Sullivan desks" and I found my way to their site and then to the exact same desk! The only problem is that its priced at $300 now but that still doesn't seem that bad. The only issue is that its currently not available and I'm not sure if that's because they've stopped product (most likely) or some other reason.

Thanks for the reply!

I love this thread. Just one question, when you post your setup, please post what desk you have. I think that would help answer a lot of questions some folks have.
Like me :eek:

SoulMan901

New monitors, searching for lamp, cables have to be organized:

Schreibtisch_20070820_Flash.jpg

Updated setup, new apartment!

DSC02024.jpg

My next goal is to get a decent desk and chair.... where did you get that desk from? and the monitor stand/mount?? such a shame that the samsung 226bw and the lg l226 both dont have height adjustments.

very nice setup :cool:

Here is mine.. Picture quality isn't too great since its from my camera phone.. :p and the wires are kinda messy too.. lol

Not a bad setup you have there, I have to same CRT monitor right here, though mine has round buttons instead of rectangle.

Cant wait to get Dual LCD screens someday.

Thanks, i still love that CTF it just so BIG like 45 lbs

IMG_2291.jpg

IMG_2292.jpg

IMG_2293.jpg

IMG_2294.jpg

IMG_2289.jpg

IMG_2290.jpg

IMG_2295.jpg

Well thats my setup. Its a work in progress as you can see, It will hopefully be finished before school starts up again in september, so i have the time. Atleast its my last year of highschool right? college ftw.

Yes i know my couch is fugly before anyone says anything ahaha, And yes i will be getting replacement tiles for the missing ceiling tiles. And wire management will be done, eventually. :)

Continued from my same build on page 12 last post ftw...

The computer hardware hasnt really changed but i'll list the original + new.

Original build: + SP4805 Infocus projector/4th monitor
Antec Nine Hundred
Antec Trio 550W
EVGA 8800GTS 320MB
AMD 4400+ 939 X2
ASUS A8N pci express x2
2GB Corsair pro pc3200 184pin (512MB x 4)
2x Sony DVD burners
320 GB media/Vista Drive
80 GB gaming/XP/Whatever doesnt work on Vista.

Addition:
Nvidia 7900GS 128MB DVI + VGA
Seagate 500GB pro (eSata + USB)
Ultra IDE 120GB Maxtor (Not plugged in at all, holds backup material should i ever loose everything....AGAIN!!!)
Dell Ultrasharp 1707FPV (I traded for an older 17inch i had to keep similar models)
New Dell Ultrasharp 1907FPV
Microsoft Office 07 Enterprise Edition

New Toys:
Sony Playstation 3 + Madden 07 and Madden 08
Sony PSP + Final Fantasy and SoCom (Not pictured)
Sony HDR+SR5 digital camera 40GB hard drive 1080i capable

Dell Inspiron 1520 - Cappuccino Brown
15.4inch (1280 x 800)
Core 2 Duo (1.55 x 2)
2GB RAM
160GB HDD (7200rpm)
Nvidia 128MB 8600GS
DVD/CD-RW Burner
Windows Vista Ultimate
Microsoft Office 07 Enterprise Edition

img0662ls1.jpg

img0658qg2.jpg

untitledfd8.jpg

img0613wa8.jpg

img0745lf8.jpg

img0743on5.jpg

img0643ai5.jpg

img0729fx1.jpg

img0709ik5.jpg

img0723yx3.jpg

img0714sa8.jpg

Justaddboost: How do you like the SR-5? What are you using to edit the AVCHD? I got the same camera about 2 weeks ago before my vacation and it's been a pretty solid camera so far. My biggest complaint is Sony selling a $1000 camera and not including a mini HDMI cable, i've only seen 2 places online selling the cable and it's a $45 cable :(

Am I the only one who's going to request a source for that wallpaper?

Try here, i found some great wallpapers, and his looks familiar...

http://interfacelift.com/wallpaper/index.php?w=0&sort=date&id=&page=3

Justaddboost: How do you like the SR-5? What are you using to edit the AVCHD? I got the same camera about 2 weeks ago before my vacation and it's been a pretty solid camera so far. My biggest complaint is Sony selling a $1000 camera and not including a mini HDMI cable, i've only seen 2 places online selling the cable and it's a $45 cable :(

I got the Camera 6 days ago, so i havnt had to time to play with it much, i mean right off the bat the video quality is great! i was kinda hoping for a microphone, getting strange static but i need more time to play with it.

Im going to use Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 for any editing, i just use the AVCHD to convert to MPEG-2 thats it. I would say my biggest complaint is this bundle of stupid software and not knowing wtf to do with it, i just want to be able to get my videos off the camera for editing, without playing games.

I feel you about the HDMI deal...its strange to think that 45bucks is almost* DIRT CHEAP for HDMI now adays (atleast for the v1.3) at frys i see them up to 150 bucks for 3 feet!!!!

Yeah, the whole AVCHD has kind of been a pain. I only know of 3 programs that can edit it directly right now, which almost caused me to avoid it, but after a bit of reading it sounded like the format was catching on, and more software will become available. I've been using Sony Vegas to edit the AVCHD directly, it's not that bad. Would love to use Premier myself, but it still doesn't support the AVCHD format :mad:

Anyways, sorry to stray off topic. Setup and camera look nice.

Thanks for the props, what page is your setup on?

Yeah im starting to wonder how bad it is that i cant use the raw movie format in premier, instead of converting then editing. Although i wish it wasnt soo i suppose what i will be suffice for the filming and editing i will be doing

I posted my setup, it has since been lost when the database rolled back. I'll post it again.

I've had the camera about a month now, and i really like it. Been using Vegas for my editing, just waiting for Premier to come out with support for the format (which i read was coming).

Anyways, my setup:

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

nice setup! i like the wallpaper you have, along with the logitech 5.1 system...its too hard to go wrong with that thing for the price.

Where'd you get that tree that is by your router, Sucka?

It's a bonsai tree from Wal-Mart. Was like $5.99, doesn't need much water, and no direct sunlight. I think it's kinnda cool :p

And if you were refering to me, the only thing from Ikea is the side table, everything else is not.

Looks nice. You have the same keyboard/mouse as me. lol
Keyboard has lasted me a while as well as the mouse, but I still don't like using AA batteries.:eek:

just moved out of my parents house. finally :) Her are some pics of my den/office

I have bought some cable management ties, but am too lazy to do it :(

I love my new place because it takes 1 min 50secs to WALK to work. Plus its a very safe part of town.

If anyone has the new fredrik desk from ikea... the workstation version... 47" wide... could you take pictures for me and post them? I have the old Jerker (flat desk, not workstation) and I'm looking at purchasing the fredrik because I want to put my 2 20" screens on a shelf and have more room on my desk. My only concern is that the desk top is mounted directly in the middle of the two poles making the shelfs much closer to the user. I just want to make sure that it still does look like the old jerker... like this pic i found on google images....

http://www.amerrykan.com/images/ikeajerker/left.jpg

see how the shelves are mounted toward the back... I am concerned that the shelves on the new version are mounted more in the middle. Hope someone is picking up on what I'm saying, sorry for posting in here, but I figured it would be the best place. Thanks.

Wow...and I thought I was the only one who had that dual arm LCD mount. :D Did you find it on eBay as well?

I've got that same bed as well...you have good taste my friend :D

Haha...actually that's a funny story. I checked eBay first to buy the mount, found the exact one I wanted and almost proceeded to buy it. Before I did, I decided I'd actually check out their "Real" store on the web and it turns out they were selling the same mount on eBay in store for $25 less. So I still bought it from them, but just on their ecommerce site. It's a great mount isn't it?

And yea...that bed friggin' rocks :D You've got it in the same color? --Thanks for the props man :D

Haha...actually that's a funny story. I checked eBay first to buy the mount, found the exact one I wanted and almost proceeded to buy it. Before I did, I decided I'd actually check out their "Real" store on the web and it turns out they were selling the same mount on eBay in store for $25 less. So I still bought it from them, but just on their ecommerce site. It's a great mount isn't it?

And yea...that bed friggin' rocks :D You've got it in the same color? --Thanks for the props man :D

Best Buy had it? For how much? I ended up paying $80 (after the price of the item + shipping) which still seemed like a good price compared to everything else I was seeing.

...and yeap. Same bed, same color. :D

...ur welcome. ;)

sandman i absolutely love ur room and wish mine was like that. and i really love ur bed where u get it?

Nice monitor setup Sandman, are those samsung 906 bws ?, i was considering getting one eventually, they look good for the price.

I finally left my dual 19" CRTs. Couldn't be more happier.
Now just to buy one more of these LCDs

HPIM1127.jpg

HPIM1121.jpg

HPIM1108.jpg

HPIM1117.jpg

Nice monitor setup Sandman, are those samsung 906 bws ?, i was considering getting one eventually, they look good for the price.

Thanks man ^_^ Nope they're 226BW's (S Panel's). The 906's I hear are pretty decent. I was lucky enough to get 2 S panels from Newegg when I bought them together. It's definitely a great investment.

Thanks man ^_^ Nope they're 226BW's (S Panel's). The 906's I hear are pretty decent. I was lucky enough to get 2 S panels from Newegg when I bought them together. It's definitely a great investment.

I have a single 226bw (manu. May '07 plus a 15" MAG LCD manu in Oct 2002.

The 226bw is a great investment, like you said. I love it. Blacks are actually black, and not that negative look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back