Status
Not open for further replies.
My desktop area...
desktop.jpg

My tv area..
tv.jpg

Loke will you list the components in your audio setup?? Thx in advance
PS. looks like a sick place to chill and listen to music

If anyone has the new fredrik desk from ikea... the workstation version... 47" wide... could you take pictures for me and post them? I have the old Jerker (flat desk, not workstation) and I'm looking at purchasing the fredrik because I want to put my 2 20" screens on a shelf and have more room on my desk. My only concern is that the desk top is mounted directly in the middle of the two poles making the shelfs much closer to the user. I just want to make sure that it still does look like the old jerker... like this pic i found on google images....

http://www.amerrykan.com/images/ikeajerker/left.jpg

see how the shelves are mounted toward the back... I am concerned that the shelves on the new version are mounted more in the middle. Hope someone is picking up on what I'm saying, sorry for posting in here, but I figured it would be the best place. Thanks.

Sorry for the 1.3 megapixel pics my camera is broken after moving no idea how.

53jld12.jpg

4md5grm.jpg

I have a 20.1 inch Dell E207 widescreen and a Dell 2007 widscreen not show in the pic. I can fit them both on the middle shelf it works perfect. Right now I have it sitting on the main shelf. I'll update pics of the fredrik later when I get a real camera. I'm still upgrading my system, I got a new keyboard etc I'm poor in college so it takes time.

I recommend the Fredrik it's nearly the same as the jerker and has a cable management system and it feels like its better quality to me.

Well, I can't remember how long ago, if at all, I posted in this thread, but my workstation has changed enough anyways to accommodate!

Main shot from the front.

A little closer up.

My shiny new E-MU Xboard25 MIDI keyboard.

3 year old mixing board, still serving me very well. Don't use it as much as I did anymore, but it's still useful from time to time.

Front of my case, Centurion 5 (with a fan added at the top).

Side view for a different perspective.

I'm just about finished moving into my new room. There are still some boxes laying around, but it's mostly setup. Enjoy.

P8280086%20%28Large%29.JPG

P8280090%20%28Large%29.JPG

P8280091%20%28Large%29.JPG

P8280093%20%28Large%29.JPG

P8280096%20%28Large%29.JPG

P8280098%20%28Large%29.JPG

P8280105%20%28Large%29.JPG

The rest of the pictures (as well as non-resized versions of the above) can be found here.

Here's mine, updated a little since the last time i posted (sorry for the poor quality of the photographs, my K750i can only do so much!):

Loke will you list the components in your audio setup?? Thx in advance
PS. looks like a sick place to chill and listen to music

Nothing special. I'm 19 working a part-time minimum wage job so I save for what I want.

Paradigm 7's
Paradigm 3SE's
Paradigm 170CC

Cerwin Vega! Sub (10")

Yamaha HTR-5830 (might replace it with an Onkyo sooner than later, but it's doing a hell of a job right now).

i'm 20 and do more or less the same thing, but not minimum wage, and i still go to school full time. My speaker system isn't nearly as sick as yours though. I have logitech x-540's, but am going to get some when i go back to uga next semester.

Hey mansize, where did you get that desk at ?

I got it from Argos in the UK, so that probably isn't much help to you, is it? Plus I think they've stopped making them since I got it, which I know annoyed a lot of my friends who wanted the same desk.

Ok I finally got some free time to take a few more pics. Updated with new LCD tv, plus a couple room extras... lemme kno what u think. Theres some older pics in there too for completeness.
P5050006.jpg

P5050002.jpg

P5050018.jpg

P4300013.jpg

P4300002-1.jpg

P4300009.jpg

P4300007-1.jpg

P4300003-1.jpg

P4300003.jpg

P4300004.jpg

P4300005.jpg

P8240017.jpg

P8240018.jpg

P8240012.jpg

P8240013.jpg

P8240014.jpg

P8240015.jpg

P8240016.jpg

On a side note my knife collection on the other side of my room if yall wondered...
P8240020.jpg

P8240021.jpg

i like ur room but that case is ultimate shit and fugly. my cousins have one and its broken and its just so fugly. (sry i had to get that out)

it looks cheap and in car terms, its a ricer

haha that made me laugh but its so true. but u have such nice components and expensive ones but yet u have a cheap case. if u can spend 400+ on a video card u can get a nice lian li or something.

If you want to get technical about it that could be considered a workstation. :p

If you want to get technical, it's not. ;) You need an input device for it to be considered a computer terminal, much less a workstation. ^^;

But it still serves the same purpose. The quality is sufficent for its purpose.

Sorry to continue with this off-topic discussion, but it really depends what purpose you think a computer case should serve. If you simply want to use it as a means of conveniently storing your components, then I'm sure most computer cases will live up to this purpose just fine. However, if you want a well-built chassis by a reputable company, who's known to make good quality computer cases, which aren't likely to rattle and are made of descent materials, then Lian Li cases become more than "coffins".

My little corner in my dorm:

cimg2054gc7.jpg

cimg2055pv8.jpg

I might get a set of Klipsch Promedia 2.1 so that I get sound from both desktops. Cant think of an easy way other than Y cables to share the speakers.

My little corner in my dorm:

I might get a set of Klipsch Promedia 2.1 so that I get sound from both desktops. Cant think of an easy way other than Y cables to share the speakers.

Love the setup - what model tablet is that? X60 - Do you know of any type of touchscreen games?

My Home Office
p83630441-5.jpg

My Dual HP LP3065's
p286567667-5.jpg

My 2405fpw for my other workstation
p511048255-5.jpg

My Dual NEC 18's for Monitoring my Linux Servers
p21268864-5.jpg

Shot in the Dark with everything running
p282167834-5.jpg

I love the flooring. I would do a little more with the shelving but it looks good so far.

The back end of the theater with my new workstation area.

th_IMG_3821.jpg

Full Size: http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a1/wiretap25/Basement/IMG_3821.jpg

On the table to the left, that is my PC building area. I'll have a spare monitor/keyboard/mouse and tools handy for building and testing systems. I have a few clients that I'm always fixing and building computers for, so it should work out fine. It is a comfortable place to sit and there's plenty of room for me to work. The tables are from IKEA's Galant collection. I got both of them for under $200. As you can see, wire management was a breeze with their wire management trays that screw on underneath the tables. I also used some of the gray wire loom they sell to bundle the wires in.

I plan on swapping out that case with something silent or more refined that looks like it belongs there. I was thinking a Lian-Li, Silverstone, or the new Coolermaster Cosmos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back