Post Your Workstation 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in the middle of setting my speakers up when the photo was taken. Thats why, they're all back in the box now, I'm on my way to a new place so it's all chaos.

great...you guys got me suckered in:p

i'm running an open rig right now because i just flew up from la for break...didn't feel like shipping the whole comp so i brought everything with me. oh, and i just scored that GTX over here, spanks the 6800xt i had in there before it:D
openrig-1.jpg

openrig-2.jpg

openrig-2dark.jpg

operig-88closeup.jpg

P1010141.jpg

btw, anyone know a good way to take better pictures? i'm thinking that these pics could be better if i knew how to use this damn camera...

[IG]http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u194/cycosomatic/Me/Computer%20Stuff/DSCF0485.jpg[/IMG]

the one with the stand broken.. is it a Samsung 205BW? because I have that model and the mount wobbles, so much so that u can tell the monitor is leaning to one side... and is getting loose

That is a very nice setup, Empty Quarter.. what CPU block are you using in your watercooling setup?

the one with the stand broken.. is it a Samsung 205BW? because I have that model and the mount wobbles, so much so that u can tell the monitor is leaning to one side... and is getting loose

Yes it is. The stand broke, basically the bottom angled in. I took it apart and tried to fix it myself, but couldn't. Unfortunately couldn't get it back together enough to send it in for warranty replacement, so only option is to replace it, which costs $63 via Samsung. I think there was a defect with that model, as shortly after I bought it they stopped selling it.

@ vtx: pics were taken with an Olympus D-630
@ ewottaja: nice clean setup:cool:

Macro mode for shots within 2ft or so.
Standing still.
Light up the place properly. Torch lamps go a long way to lighting up a room, as well as opening the blinds on the window.
Don't use flash.

Really nice setup Empty_Quarter, you've inspired me to clean up my desk and welcome in the new year. Thanks. :cool:

http://www.evilnet.net/?page_id=8&lzkfile=HomeMachine%2F

HomeMachine001.jpg

Everything except for the case. You've all seen a Sonata III case before, I think...

HomeMachine002.jpg

Motherboard

HomeMachine003.jpg

Inside the box. Not a lot of stuff (compared to the kitchen-sink-full of parts in high-end motherboard boxes.

HomeMachine004.jpg

There it all is. And most of it won't be getting used...

HomeMachine005.jpg

The board.

HomeMachine006.jpg

The video card.

HomeMachine007.jpg

The insides. Hmmm. Leatherette CD pouch...

HomeMachine008.jpg

The RAM. Decent 4NS stuff.

HomeMachine009.jpg

Was a bit leery about G.Skill at first. It's passed a memory test already and seems to be working just fine in this board.

HomeMachine010.jpg

And yet another attempt to try to get a glare-free picture. Damn new camera...

HomeMachine011.jpg

THIS is where the Magic happens. Four cores of buttery goodness.

HomeMachine012.jpg

What I REALLY wanna know. Would it KILL Antec to properly sleeve their PSU? Sure, there's a nice sleeve on the ATX motherboard line. But the rest is all just nasty bare wire! (Well, nasty insulated bare wire....) Oh well, a quick trip to Frys for zip-ties and sleeving will fix it.

HomeMachine013.jpg

The sleeving is not COMPLETELY done. I ran out of the proper sized stuff. But pretty much everything in-use is properly sleeved (even the case wires). It's not my prettiest job. But my hot-knife is getting old. Still, you can see what a difference it makes.

And yeah, I just zip-tied the remaining wires up and stuffed them out of the way for now. This boy doesn't cut wires.

HomeMachine001.jpg

Everything except for the case. You've all seen a Sonata III case before, I think...
Ohsnap! I ordered the parts for a new rig including a Sonata III just days ago! Though, because of silly Xmas/New Year vacations, I probably won't get it till Monday :( Nothing as high-spec as yours though, entire lot only set me back £262!

Ohsnap! I ordered the parts for a new rig including a Sonata III just days ago! Though, because of silly Xmas/New Year vacations, I probably won't get it till Monday :( Nothing as high-spec as yours though, entire lot only set me back £262!

Yeah. I managed to swing a hella deal on my SIII. Was going to buy online at Newegg ($130 shipped), but my brother'd got me a gift card to the local Frys. $40. The case was $10 more at Frys, but I wasn't really going to buy anything else. I get the thing up to the counter. After-XMas sale, $90 + tax. Plus a $30 MIR. So I got a $130 case for under $30.

Yeah. I managed to swing a hella deal on my SIII. Was going to buy online at Newegg ($130 shipped), but my brother'd got me a gift card to the local Frys. $40. The case was $10 more at Frys, but I wasn't really going to buy anything else. I get the thing up to the counter. After-XMas sale, $90 + tax. Plus a $30 MIR. So I got a $130 case for under $30.
You are an extremely lucky guy - I had to pay full price, plus the fact that UK prices are already higher than US prices - £72.72 = $143.49 :( Still, for a decent case with a dual rail 500W PSU, that's still pretty good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back