Post your retro hardware.

<3 I'm a SGI fanboy for sure. Nobody had the power inside and out that these babies had. And their exterior designs were beautiful IMO, from the Fuel, O2, Onyx, etc! Too bad Rackmount systems now owns them --- *grumbles to himself: f**ckers*

Thank you for posting those.

The only pic of old compys up ATM is this one:

Pentiium 166MMX, I think. a whopping 32MB of RAM, and 2GB harddisk. The only really impressive thing is that it's actually smaller than any of the current EEE PCs(at least in depth).

I've got plenty of old PCs, and non-IBM clones. I suppose I can snap a few. Should I limit it to x86 systems, or throw in Ataris and such too?

I remember those. Badass for their day. It was by far the smallest real computer you could get. Of course the price kind of reflected that.

<3 I'm a SGI fanboy for sure. Nobody had the power inside and out that these babies had. And their exterior designs were beautiful IMO, from the Fuel, O2, Onyx, etc! Too bad Rackmount systems now owns them --- *grumbles to himself: f**ckers*

Thank you for posting those.

I know people that are still big SGI / Irix fans but I can't see the point. The machines are power hungry, slow, and running a dead end closed source os. I had an r4k indy but never did get all 20 cds to install the machine (I know you only need the first 4, just couldn't justify the cost).

Sun SPARCs though, I have had many of those over the years. Ranging from the SPARC LX of yesteryear to the V480s with quad cpus and 16gb of ram. Most of them I used (and use ;) ) were at work, but I did own many. Currently, I just own the Blade 2500.

I know people that are still big SGI / Irix fans but I can't see the point. The machines are power hungry, slow, and running a dead end closed source os. I had an r4k indy but never did get all 20 cds to install the machine (I know you only need the first 4, just couldn't justify the cost).

Sun SPARCs though, I have had many of those over the years. Ranging from the SPARC LX of yesteryear to the V480s with quad cpus and 16gb of ram. Most of them I used (and use ;) ) were at work, but I did own many. Currently, I just own the Blade 2500.

Post some goodies up then :)

Bump!

Lowsy pic, but here we go.

DSC_4701_DxO2_raw.jpg

13" Midwest Micro Elite, Circa 1993
Pentium 90MHz
8MB Ram
500MB HDD

Currently running Windows 95 :D

Here's it sitting next to my two other laptops:

DSC_4703_DxO2_raw.jpg

best [486];1034436813 said:
:D Sim tower is the first game I ever got, played the heck outta it... If you can find it "yoot tower" is a newer version with more stuff.

Nice one there, not old at all. A P3 is fine for what a laptop does...

o really? hmmmm...

I had to dig deep to find this one

Lol nice...I just got rid of all my old computers.

One was a laptop about 4-5in. thick, ran Windows 3.1. Was a beast, unfortunately the 5inch lcd screen died. The parts inside were bigger then the ones in my rig. Good times.

HP 620LX Palmtop computer
Was my first portable computer. Was way better than lugging around a huge laptop.

4072199943_0166e5b6bd.jpg

A couple more from my stash

Diamond Stealth 3D 2000
4077085586_0030944531.jpg

And then there's the god like Orchid Righteous 3D Card. My first taste of 3D acceleration was with this card...and it was glorious!
4076329721_96fcc0c887.jpg

And then there's the god like Orchid Righteous 3D Card. My first taste of 3D acceleration was with this card...and it was glorious!
4076329721_96fcc0c887.jpg

Ahhh... a Voodoo! I've got a Black Magic Voodoo 2 on the way from flea bay. $20 bucks shipped wasn't a bad deal considering the demand for them on ebay seems to be going up.

Take a look at my signature for my main PC...
I know it's old, but I don't think it's THAT retro.

My neighbour let me play with his P3 laptop, 64mB RAM, 550mHz, 6GB HDD.

I also have a Duron PC laying around, 256mb, 15GB, 750mHz.

AND, an Optima 'MyPC': 256mb, 18.6GB, 1200mHz, OC'd to 1584mHz.

I love THAT retro hardware.

I really miss monochrome monitors. I wish there was a cool browser plugin that could emulate almost every website into a monochrome green or orange.

Have you tried OSX Snow Leopard on it yet? I'm sure it will run great.

I'd be more concerned with the call from the lawyers asking why you have it like with that Apple step that they were throwing away.

Are those silicon graphics machines? No idea what they had in them, but they were awesome back in the day. Had a few of those indigo and indy and a couple o2 back in the day at my school when I was learning Alias. Amazing machines and amazing 3d software. Havent used it in around 8 years, not even sure if anyone still uses alias. The price made autocad look cheap if I remember correctly. Nice bulk pickup. Probably $30k+ worth of machines around the turn of the millenium. Amazing how fast they went from the top to the bottom, but I guess thats just how it goes in the tech industry.

I hope you are going to throw some top shelf stuff into one of those for a mod.

Last edited:
Are those silicon graphics machines? No idea what they had in them, but they were awesome back in the day. Had a few of those indigo and indy and a couple o2 back in the day at my school when I was learning Alias. Amazing machines and amazing 3d software. Havent used it in around 8 years, not even sure if anyone still uses alias. The price made autocad look cheap if I remember correctly. Nice bulk pickup. Probably $30k+ worth of machines around the turn of the millenium. Amazing how fast they went from the top to the bottom, but I guess thats just how it goes in the tech industry.

I hope you are going to throw some top shelf stuff into one of those for a mod.

Yea they are Silicon Graphics Indigo2's.

I also have an O2, Octane, and two Octane2's

I'd really like an O2 but can't justify the cost of a well configured one for something purely to tinker around with. Wanted one for years.

just dismantled an oldie today lol, was worth some money back in the day

HP workstation, matrox PCI graphics with the memory expander on it, 96 mb edo memory, ppro 200, 8gb hd

nt 4.0 ran very well on it

I'd really like an O2 but can't justify the cost of a well configured one for something purely to tinker around with. Wanted one for years.

They're really not that expensive, and there are good deals out there. The only thing that is ridiculously expensive is the ram. A 400Mhz with 1gb of ram can run $400-500 bucks.

I am really picky, and I got this mint condition one for $250, and it's 350Mhz and has 256mb of ram. Combined with a Presenter 1280 and a HHKB, it makes an awesome shelf computer.

img6376.jpg

seeing the response for the voodoo cards makes me wonder why i threw mine in the trash a few years back

Asahi Powerbook 100.

http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/ss265/schizrade/SG1L3095.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/ss265/schizrade/SG1L3094.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/ss265/schizrade/SG1L3093.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/ss265/schizrade/SG1L3096.jpg[IMG]

Need tech support? Area code is 408... lol

[IMG]http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/ss265/schizrade/SG1L3097.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.fotosizer.com/[/url]

Is it just me or do these old computers look really well built? It looks like they can take a beating.

They're really not that expensive, and there are good deals out there. The only thing that is ridiculously expensive is the ram. A 400Mhz with 1gb of ram can run $400-500 bucks.

I am really picky, and I got this mint condition one for $250, and it's 350Mhz and has 256mb of ram. Combined with a Presenter 1280 and a HHKB, it makes an awesome shelf computer.

img6376.jpg

LOL. Hey, that looks oddly familiar.

I didn't know you were an [H] member.

Here you go, my 1956 RCA portable television. Complete with Shuttle motherboard and B&W lcd screen.
2956323543_2fab6447c5_b.jpg

Back