Post your "rate my cables" here

MEh. LED fans don't produce the same vibrance or amount of light. IMO, cold cathodes look better when properly stealthed.

I guess he wanted to say, that cases which is full of lights went out of fashion few years ago, doesn't matter if LED or cathodes. And i agree with him, death to all LED fans and cold cathodes :D.

Yes, I meant all lights in general... you could say led fans are 'in' because many gamer cases today come with led fans.. maybe. Personally, I got rid of cold cathodes and led fans 6 years ago.

Case lights may not be the latest trend, but I don't think they'll ever be "out of style". Why have a window if people can't see what's inside? Unless, of course, you did a sloppy job on the interior of your rig, in which case you will probably also decide that windows out of style. Regardless, I don't think I would take lighting into consideration when rating someone's cable management.

Case lights may not be the latest trend, but I don't think they'll ever be "out of style". Why have a window if people can't see what's inside? Unless, of course, you did a sloppy job on the interior of your rig, in which case you will probably also decide that windows out of style. Regardless, I don't think I would take lighting into consideration when rating someone's cable management.

I agree. There are some cases that look better with no lights and shouldnt have lights.

For me, i'm trying to achieve the subtle glow and clean glow that this guy has. I love that LED job. It seems so perfect. I really like that. But, i dont like the random, freakishly bright lights and that match or anything.

lol I guess CCFL indeed is outdated. I rarely see anyone with one nowadays.

Anyway, heres mine, still debating if I should have CCFL or LED fans in it. I never liked LED fans before but if done correctly they can look cool.

dsc6866.jpg

dsc6930.jpg

I need to work on the bottom SATA cables. I prefer flat IDE cables, its so much easier to hide!

I personally think it looks great! Everything is nice a tidy as can be, as far as my eyes can see....

Black SATA cales will take the attention off the bright red color. I could see orange LED case fans looking good in this case, given the color match gets right.

Been a while since i posted in this thread. Felt as if i needed to bring something to the table again, but screw it, im taking my computer apart 2x weekly for small client jobs. My cabling isn't what it used to be... In fact i think i got a pound of dust in it, ever since i moved i have been getting a shitload of dust in it... grrr. So maybe in a few weeks after another move ill post my new setup.

You guys are making me want to re-wire my case. I didnt realize I could hide everything behind the mobo side panel on my CM690 case! You would be ashamed at me if I posted pics right now! (Huge pile of unused older type peripheral connectors at the bottom. lol)

It almost looks like the 24pin power cable is running behind the motherboard, but it's too tick to do that... I assume you cut a hole on the edge of the mobo and the cable is coming out of it?

Yes.

Why don't they make 90 degrees 24 pin power connector?? lol

here is my piss poor attempted at cable management:

IMG_5821.JPG

how can i hide the cables from the additional back panel usb adaptor as seen at the bottom of my case where must of the clutter is, at the moment,.

Also, how can i hide the two pciE cables?

jonney if you could provide a couple shots that are closer in the problem area maybe we could be of some help.

If you have any other expansion card you can do what I did:

dsc00037lnw.jpg

From the picture you posted, you can move the USB bracket to the 2nd slot just above the video card.

Post more pics of the area.

Here it is so far... I still need to touch up my radiator, get a left angle sata, and add my 8800gtx.

3329555187_d194cf3b60.jpg

3330390586_5e0dc24264.jpg

3330385176_a3eb90703f.jpg

3329558891_8e8ed69e53.jpg

An overload of CCFLs and/or LED fans was always tacky, nothing wrong with some nice accent lighting though (on a switch so you can turn it off if needed)... 'Specially for showing off the case to non-techie friends and such.

I like to have an internal light or two of some kind as a visual representation that the computer is on. On my HTPC, for example, I disabled the front LEDs (FREAKIN BRIGHT) for power and activity. Having a soft blue hue out the back is nice, so I know the thing is on. It''s quiet :)

I like to have an internal light or two of some kind as a visual representation that the computer is on. On my HTPC, for example, I disabled the front LEDs (FREAKIN BRIGHT) for power and activity. Having a soft blue hue out the back is nice, so I know the thing is on. It''s quiet :)

my friend's old shuttle would actually let you adjust the front LED brightness.
That said the 2 lighted fans and custom added white PWR/HDD leds are enough to know my pc is on :p

panoramicsff.jpg

my sff build....not gonna try and cut holes

edit: still gonna figure out some way to hide the 24 pin cable, and switch out to a SATA DVD burner.....

Not quite finished with this project. Slimline optical drive will be here on Friday and hopefully a processor pretty soon too (already installed the memory, just after taking the photo). It certainly wasn't easy to hide all the cables with a non-modular power supply, but I think I did a pretty good job. All the front panel stuff (card reader, ports, LEDs), the VFD cables, and the fan cables (4 of them) are routed under the board. IDE cable (yes, I'm still using IDE for this project) goes under the power supply and is flat against the bottom of the case. Only thing I couldn't hide was the 4 pin power cable for the board. More to come when I'm finished.

Click to enlarge:

If you have any other expansion card you can do what I did:

dsc00037lnw.jpg

From the picture you posted, you can move the USB bracket to the 2nd slot just above the video card.

Post more pics of the area.

i diddnt get a chance to take a pic but found this pic here
IMG_5774.JPG

IMG_5821.JPG

as you can see, the pci e, front panel case connectors, and the usb adaptor is making things messy at the bottom

i diddnt get a chance to take a pic but found this pic here

as you can see, the pci e, front panel case connectors, and the usb adaptor is making things messy at the bottom

You can try to hide the wires between the mobo and the tray or behind the PSU. I'm not familiar with that case, I guess there are no holes or some sort to run the cables on the mobo tray? Cutting a hole or two behind the tray would make hiding those cables easier.

You can try to hide the wires between the mobo and the tray or behind the PSU. I'm not familiar with that case, I guess there are no holes or some sort to run the cables on the mobo tray? Cutting a hole or two behind the tray would make hiding those cables easier.

there is one hole in teh mobo tray that i use to root the molex power cables and sata power cables through. i could not run the mobo 24pin cable as it was too short:mad:

I always find it easier when trying to "hide" or "tidy" up cables, unplug them, but do not forget where they go, and start from scratch completely forgetting where they once were.

Back