Post your mining rigs!

My first 6 GPU rig :)
20170628_085228.jpg

Nexillus Up your -dcri option to get that hash rate for SIA use the '+' key till the hash rate on etherium starts to drop.

Nexillus Up your -dcri option to get that hash rate for SIA use the '+' key till the hash rate on etherium starts to drop.

I will have to take another look at it. 20 is what I am at and I noticed for every 5 or so I would loose .5m/h on ETH but will do some experimenting with it again :)

Burst miners:

burstminers.JPG

Parts are starting to show up for the GPU miner:

minerhardware-01.JPG

That Xeon chip in the above pic is an E5-2683 V3 so that I can double the plotting speed on burst miner 2.

Right now I'm plotting burst volumes and GPU mining on an old pair of 980Ti's:

3machinesworking.JPG

And the best part? No electrical bill since I generate more kWh hour than I consume with this 20kW solar system:

Solar%20Panels.JPG

Got my case, motherboard, and GPUs ready to roll.....

getting the rest of my stuff in the mail today. HOPEFULLY it all comes!

well, finally enough stuff arrived to get a setup started. Late to the party but oh well. matx form factor and 5 pcie slots? heck yeah.

https://preview.************/dg7Exv/DSC00337.jpg
upload image

What cards? AMD 580 or Nvidia ? Why only 4 cards?
I use the AMD 470 4gb. The MSI gaming cards have excellent cooling system! I have two other smaller rigs with two cards each. I have to distribute them across the house so the heat doesnt get unbearble!:)

Attachments

• unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 119
They will help cut your heating bill if you use oil, wood or gas.

I use the AMD 470 4gb. The MSI gaming cards have excellent cooling system! I have two other smaller rigs with two cards each. I have to distribute them across the house so the heat doesnt get unbearble!:)

I got 6 of those MSI but there GTX 1070 8 gb cards. And other brands of 1070's. I love air conditioners thru out the house. :hungover:
When the AC kicks in my basement door slams because the only air intake comes from my mining room. I blocked off all the main level intakes forcing it to really pull air out of my mining room. I added a much larger intake hole in that room.

In my house I don't use the basement. The extra bed rooms, living room and hall way. Each room has it's own air conditioner.

Got my GPU drop in frame in today. Turned out pretty good. Still need to add 3 more 1080Ti's, but I'm in no hurry as the returns are not that great atm.

3xminer-01.JPG

3xminer-04.JPG

3xminer-05.JPG

3xminer-05.JPG

Temps on all 3 cards are upper 49's low 50's at 65% power.

Last edited:
What are hash's and your sols? I've come across others running 9 1080ti's and getting 340 hash and 6000 sols. But consuming 2400 watts.

Got my GPU drop in frame in today. Turned out pretty good. Still need to add 3 more 1080Ti's, but I'm in no hurry as the returns are not that great atm.

3xminer-01.JPG

3xminer-04.JPG

3xminer-05.JPG

Temps on all 3 cards are upper 49's low 50's at 65% power.

I'm doing just under 2k Sols, so that seems right in line with what the guy with 9 is able to do.

3xEVGA1080ti-Sols-01.PNG
3xEVGA1080ti-Sols-01.PNG

I'm feeding the rig 240V and am looking at a way to measure power consumption. I'm plugging straight into the 240V outlet since I don't want to take the loss of running through a UPS. Besides, nothing is written to disk, so there would be no data loss in the even of a power failure, which are very rare where I live anyway.

Last edited:
Nice. Are those the 11G-P4-6393-KR ? I got 6 of those now, all running 60% power, +150 core and +600 mem.

what are you guys mining with the 1080ti's? zcash?

how much power draw when at 60% tdp?

are the evga 1080ti black edition ok or do I need to get the SC version?

thanks

what are you guys mining with the 1080ti's? zcash?

how much power draw when at 60% tdp?

are the evga 1080ti black edition ok or do I need to get the SC version?

thanks
about 150w. I only have two and have been using nicehash on those two myself. My amd rigs I stay straight eth.

Here's mine. Cobbled it together from spare parts and added a 1080ti I found at microcenter on open box clearance. The case is my old core X5. It's been running since March. So far between trading currencies and buying into Bitcoin and $1900 and sadly selling too soon at $2880 I'm up. The machine is in pure profit mode and doubles as my garage computer.

eAlF1s6.jpg

9YaSyxb.jpg

A few new rigs have joined the stable:

7x EVGA 1080Ti SC

miner1-7gpu-02.JPG

8x EVGA 1080Ti SC2 (will be adding 9th SC2 on Monday)

miner3-8hpu-01.JPG

3x 1070 mix (for now)

miner2-3gpu-01.JPG
That is frggin awesome.
Right now I can't even afford a pot to piss in.

I'm mining Equihash algo (ZEC and ZEN) for the last 15 days. Some days are good pulling in close to $90 (if I was to exchange to BTC, but I hodl), and other days are bad ($30), but on average I manage about $50, but it is declining.

I've been picking up EVGA B-stock and used cards from eBay. I've been able to keep the cost per 1080Ti card at under $700, sometimes as low as $650. ROI is hard to say, but calculates out to about 230 days right now. My plan is to sell these as soon as the 2xxx cards or whatever they will be called, come out. So I'm keeping the boxes around:

GPUboxes.JPG
GPUboxes.JPG

This winter these rigs are going to heat my house, so I'll save on heating cost. At least that's the plan.

Last edited:
This is when I first put everything together. 6 1070's under a ASRock H81 PRO BTC R2.0 ssd that I had lying around. Powered by EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W. Windows 10
I started off with nicehash but after getting my bearings, I swapped over to Genoil with ethermine for my pool.
One card fan went out so I am currently down to 5 cards while I'm waiting for my replacement card. Under the current 5 card setup I'm mining at in the last 24 hrs 158.4 Mh/s

Attachments

• IMG_20170912_211159.jpg
    IMG_20170912_211159.jpg
    522 KB · Views: 88
Geno750 i have an old core x5 that i have been thinking about using to hold some cards - your card mounting approach is a strat I totally didn't consider. CHEERS :D

pclausen Is that a Spotswood bracket mod for the Rosewill RSV-L4xxx series 4U 25" case? If so, which model Rosewill RSV case in particular are you using?

Also, retrofitted my workstation in pseudo-ghetto fashion:
  • Obsidian 750D airflow ed.
  • x7 Zotac 1070 Mini (4) on pcie breakout card / v7 risers
  • Enermax MaxRevo 1350w
  • 1700x / Asrock x370 Taichi / 32GB DDR4

(old pic)
IMG_20171008_121104 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
atp1916 Yes, that is the Spotswood drop in frame. I have the L4500. The one with 15 disk cages. They are currently on sale for around $109.

Couple of teaser pics up my latest rig. 4x MSI 1080Ti Sea Hawk EK X:

SeaHawk-02.JPG
SeaHawk-02.JPG

SeaHawk-03.JPG

SeaHawk-03.JPG

I could have exited the terminal block at the bottom instead of the side, but I would still not have been able to put the 4th SEAK HAWK cap back on because the side exit outlet is not recessed like the ones on the bottom. I'm sure I'll get over it, but that was a bit of a letdown. :D

EDIT: Fixed the issue with the 4th cap. I put a low profile cap in the left exit hole and trimmed the cap slightly so that it would fit.

SeaHawk-04.JPG
SeaHawk-04.JPG

Much better! :D

Last edited:
Some amazing setups in here, making me want to get my 1080ti mining just to try it out. Its just sitting there most of the time anyway.

Back