Post Your Connection Speed

2949605886.png

Italian internet connection are very very poor, I feel very lucky with that!

My current speed.

2953693211.png

Tomorrow, that will change. :D I can't wait!!! Getting fibre.

Got my fibre yesterday. This is totally insane.

2960493620.png

I can get up to 250mb but they cap it, so I'll stick with the 50mb package. I heard a rumor we might get bumped to 80 though. I just hope they don't put a cap when they do that...

Nope that was from my house. CFU 1G/500M service. Mind you I work for them and have been testing from home. Also used a Ubiquiti EdgeRouter Lite when I ran that test so it was behind a router and through NAT. I don't like it's interface much so I went back to my Soekris and OpenBSD for now. Also IPv6 on the EdgeRouter Lite seems flaky and I've been testing that as well.

Makes me wish I still lived in Cedar Falls....

I just upgraded my connection from AT&T U-verse 18/1.5 to Comcast 25/4.

I was sick of the horrible upload speeds on U-verse and the bad 2Wire Residential Gateway. I couldn't max the upload and download at the same time.

I have had it installed for about 3 hours now and so far so good, I can max+ the speeds so far.

Technical information:
1. Motorola SB5120 Surfboard (DOCSIS 2.0) - I had it from a few years ago when I had Comcast, I figured I would try it and see if it will work for now before buying a new DOCSIS 3.0.
2. Directly connected to VMware ESXi 5.1 Server running pfSense 2.0.3 - I tired for a long time to using VLANs but it would not work like before so I had to dedicate one port to the WAN.

AT&T U-verse 18/1.5

Comcast 25/4

X2Vtx3K.png

pfSense Traffic Graph

In all years I had TWC, above is the longest I had a stable connection.
But all good things must come to an end:

You just need to move to a more densely populated area to get good internet access inside the United States.

Comcast Business is the best. They just doubled my speed at no extra charge. They also took off speed boost or w/e they call it, so I actually get a solid 50/10 all the time.
2978861187.png

Just change mobile provider- well impressed, this is my macbook pro tethered to my HTC one:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And that's still on 3G. They are upgrade to 4G in december, interested how speed may change :)

Messing around with pfsense traffic shaping. :D

3016925087.png

Oh those poor souls in India, next time they call me to help me "fix" my computer and need to remote in. I have a VM all setup for them.

Normal speed:

3016915225.png

Messing around with pfsense traffic shaping. :D

3016925087.png

Oh those poor souls in India, next time they call me to help me "fix" my computer and need to remote in. I have a VM all setup for them.

Normal speed:

3016915225.png

That is just beautiful. I want my own honeypot now. I'm thinking a Linux VM skinned to look just like XP with all applications renamed to match. See how long before they think the computer really is broken.

Speed test servers out here suck, I have to use two of them one for download and one for up.

Download run:
3017668600.png

Upload run:
3017667373.png

:(:(

I wish the UK's ISP's would move into the 21st century and catch-the-f**k up to the rest of the world.

Sure, 60 Mb down is great, but come on.... 2.7 MB up?? Really!? 2013 and less than 3Mb up......

:(:(

I wish the UK's ISP's would move into the 21st century and catch-the-f**k up to the rest of the world.

Sure, 60 Mb down is great, but come on.... 2.7 MB up?? Really!? 2013 and less than 3Mb up......

It's not the ISP's that is the problem, it's BT.

I agree with you though.

It's not the ISP's that is the problem, it's BT.

I agree with you though.

Just an fyi... I'm not with BT, I'm with VirginMedia, completely different network from BT's, unless BT are the evil communications overlord restricting everyone else so they don't look so bad!

3047189315.png

Wow, VirginMedia must be reading my posts, that's the closest to 3Mb up I've EVER had.

Last edited:
Count yourself lucky, BT/ADSL is far far worse. I'm on VM 120mb and consistently get 12mb up to can't really complain compared to what else is out there for the money.

Its amazing what a simple coaxial cable replacement can do, went from an average 80Mbit down/ 5 up to my full 107Mbit down

Over wifi with AC access point though I only have an N card in my mac :/
3007520135.png

Is this odd? How can you get 150mbps on n?

Edit: never mind. Looks like newer router can do 250+ Mbps.

Last edited:
Finally got around to doing another pingtest.net test (needed to install a 32bit copy of Java)

@Opstar yea it helps when you live where Suddenlink is Headquartered, I guess it also helps when you have a friend in customer support and have direct line and email lol :D

@Crosshairs I don't what to say about that upload speed, and that ping.... Do you live in Mexico? or on the border here in lovely Texas?

Got my upload upgraded for free a couple months ago, not bad for a 50/25 connection for $30 a month.

Back