Post Your Connection Speed

1247844556.png

Pretty much the same as last time. I read some rumors on BBR that possibly TWC is upgrading their plant to be Docsis 3.0 ready. I wonder how that will affect my business line (speeds) and prices (not under a contract now).

what is wrong about that :)

Nothing's wrong with it - we just know what it is. And it is not in the spirit of this thread to plug directly into the local LAN of the speedtest server and post your results. Your not the first, you won't be the last. Nobody is impressed.

1248750872.png

1248752460.png

1248753615.png

1248755132.png

1248755979.png

My consumer homeline :cool: It is 120/10 but the speedtest servers in Holland not so good..
Need more upload ;)

Comcast Blast! Service (promo for $20/month for 12 months). Unfortunately I am moving towards the end of June to a location that only has AT&T, lightbound and time warner DSL.

Insight 10.0

Sucks being in an apartment complex where everyone uses the same internet. During the busy times it slows to around 6-7 down...

Droid on Verizon. Not sure why it says the phone is so far away from Cincy...

Last edited:
Finally, slightly edging closer to not sucking completely (though I am now at the max that is even possible for my area, which is rural)

30mb up / 30mb down fiber connection. I'm pushing a good bit of VPN and Citrix traffic on the upstream at the moment.

haven't really tested the home connection since we got cable. Good stuff I think

Downloading some ISOs from Microsoft on a Comcast 50/10 pipe...
this is 1 gig into the download..so no powerboost magic
hospicecomcastdown2m.jpg

This is our home internet. Apparently we had a 'huge infrastructure upgrade' a week ago, before then it used to be around 2/0.4Mbps. Not as big of an increase as I was expecting, though. When we first got this, it used to be 8/4Mbps, and it progressively got slower (as more people got it in our area, probably).

Atlanta Intl Airport Wifi
Is the wifi free?

No, this clients wireless network doesn't have good enough equipment for that, just G.....
We have 2 clients where we've installed very nice HP ProCurve e series N MAPs controlled by an HP e series MSM....those could handle the sustained loads and give a similar result to this..but they're not on this fat of a pipe.

Jesus christ.

I just swapped my aging eBay Sonicwall Pro 230 for a desktop with two 10/100 NICs running pfSense to do a PoC for a hardware upgrade.

My Comcast Business connection that I bought at 15down/2up is running like this:

1313909039.png

...and this was an upgrade from a DSL connection that was running 1.5down 384k up. :D There's nothing like a 50-fold increase in bandwidth.

For seven dollars more a month. Holy crap.

Last edited:
I'm currently pulling this down through a 20/2 pipe with a wrt54g running openwrt.

1315386120.png

I'm curious to see what improvement I will get next week when my Juniper SRX100 arrives.

you're probably on campus of where the file is hosted. and without links to where the file is hosted no one here can even try to beat it as you have all the important things blacked out.

lets see a speedtest from your closest server :D
www.speedtest.net

Current home connection with comshit

1319993997.png

Already signed up for FiOS... to be installed in the near future! :D

you're probably on campus of where the file is hosted. and without links to where the file is hosted no one here can even try to beat it as you have all the important things blacked out.

lets see a speedtest from your closest server :D
www.speedtest.net

lol it's not on a campus it's a vps hosted at my isp though the file is outside the network, it's the nexicom ubuntu host

Back