Post Your Connection Speed

1207630192.png

I never see pings like this though, but the download and upload is pretty typical of what I normally get.

I wish we got upload speeds in the UK as good as you guys in the US. ADSL2+ i can get 15-16 down but no more than 1 up.. lame. To get more than that you have to go to expensive custom ISPs for SDSL or Fiber. Most ISPs will not offer SDSL in my experience and just rape your upload.

Last edited:
Highest results on speedtest.net...

1206209032.png
It says that you're faster then 99% of the US, so some clown out there has managed to pull a even higher result :p
That said, that's the fastest result I've seen so far here at [H] :cool:

I wish we got upload speeds in the UK as good as you guys in the US. ADSL2+ i can get 15-16 down but no more than 1 up.. lame. To get more than that you have to go to expensive custom ISPs for SDSL or Fiber. Most ISPs will not offer SDSL in my experience and just rape your upload.
That sounds alot like it is here in the US outside of the bigger cities. In fact I still know a few people who's only option is dialup :eek:

1206209032.png

That's a bogus number. Your network card, even at 1Gbps, is not capable of that speed. It would have to have a 1000Mbps fiber connection between the machine, thru the entire network, all the way to speedtest.net's servers.

1206209032.png

SpeedTest's Los Angeles, CA, server is hosted by DreamHost.
DreamHost's ISP business is NewDreamNetworks.
It appears to me that houkouonchi is a dreamhost insider, plugged his PC into the L2 switch serving the DreamHost speedtest server, and ran the test against the local server.

This guess is further supported by the 1ms ping, which suggests there were at most zero (none, nada) routers or long-haul transport devices in the path between him and the server.

Not sure that is a fair result...

^That makes quite a bit more sense.

Indeed. =)

Actually the L.A. speedtest.net server is hosted off my personal server. That being said I actually have gotten some off-network speed test results over 800 mbits.. for example here is one that came close to that recently:

1206243237.png

That being said not too many servers out there are tuned for downloading so its rare I get over 150-200 megabits on the upstream and its only to certain servers. Also the 1ms ping is also what I got to the original L.A. speedtest.net server before I hosted it but I was getting really bad upstream results (as were others) which is why I ended up taking over on it.

An example results *just* before I took over it:

691546832.png

And that result was often 1ms as well..

The record I was talking about was on the official speedtest.net wave:

http://speedtest.net/wave/4e89671f84c3ec67

1210183898.png

Verizon FIOS, supposed to get 25/25, I have been quite happy with them so far.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1210183898.png

Verizon FIOS, supposed to get 25/25, I have been quite happy with them so far.
I have the same package. I'm getting about the same speeds from the same test server.

1210254134.png

Also a happy customer :cool::D

Typical consumers use more downstream bw than upstream bw, so there is more upstream bw available to use :)

I am thinking its just more likely they are using some sort of compression and the upload script (which has to generate data) is just using zero's which can easily be compressed. I know the files on the test server are not easily compressed and thus showing normal downstream results.

my first contribution to the forum... :)
1214268241.png

provider: telenet
subscription: turbopack
lol@ faster than 69% in BE ...

if I see the speeds you all post out here, then I know we still have a long way to go in Belgium, speaking of lowering price on internet subscriptions and maximizing the volume&speeds :)

my last isp struggled to hold their advertised speeds... verizon apparently is the opposite

this is 25 / 25
1235109461.png

My business internet connection, paying for 10/768k.

My parent's connection on the same piece of copper, although docsis 3.0

Not too shabby, I guess I need to upgrade my modem to 3.0, although i'm unsure if it would help since I don't think they are bonding business connections yet.

1246376204.png

DOCSIS 2.0 with Speedboost. I am able to sustain these speeds for 1 hour before I drop down to 12Mbps.

ETA: At work...
1247810597.png

Last edited:
Back