Post your 6800 GT OC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will do thanks man, good to be here. The good thing is i think this card might still have a bit left in it. Ill try for your clocks, but damn, thats impressive, hope it went to a good home and not up in smoke. :(

Filthy said:
Will do thanks man, good to be here. The good thing is i think this card might still have a bit left in it. Ill try for your clocks, but damn, thats impressive, hope it went to a good home and not up in smoke. :(

Well, she was fine when I shipped 'er off....and I told the guy the clocks I had achieved, so we'll see. GT's aren't even capable of anything beyond 450-460 anyways, and unless he gets some really creative cooling setup for the memory I don't think my 1325 clock on that will be pushed to much farther. :D

I'm plenty pleased though, cus I got a real gem of an overclocker in this X800XT-PE also. :cool:

Well, I have hooked up my new Enermax 470 Noisetaker in the comp and connected it to the Geforce via its dedicated GFX cable. Everything is running lovely.
Though I have come to the conclusion that my GT is temperamental at 1.4v.
I have it flashed to the BFG 6800 Ultra BIOS rev.3 with edited stock speeds so that they are 400/1100 instead of the higher OC values.
The card will always artifact on 3DMark 2005 Test 3 regardless of the clock speed set (even at 370/1100) when the card is at 1.4v.
FarCry and RTHDRIBL works fine for hours on end though. Flat Out tends to crash after 5 minutes and Rome Total War after 45 minutes worth of play with a rainbow garbled display.
It can't be a PSU problem this time round surely.
From further testing, all games run fine at 387/1120, guess the core hates that extra 13 mhz to make it 400. Not really such a biggy I guess, though I find it weird how only certain games seem effected, very weird.

cornelious0_0 said:
I'm plenty pleased though, cus I got a real gem of an overclocker in this X800XT-PE also. :cool:

I think you should hire yourself out to push the enter key when people order cards,,,seems some people have all the luck :cool:

Filthy said:
I think you should hire yourself out to push the enter key when people order cards,,,seems some people have all the luck :cool:
better yet, he should sell his finger on ebay :)

:eek:

PNY all stock, with a side fan blowing directly on the card, running @ 425/1.10.
I am thinking about getting a NV5 Silencer.

update on my OC: i am now running at 450/1200 stable, these new drivers fixed the probs i was having in C&C generals zero hour and i get no artifacts after running 3dm05 looped for 7 hours straight. no volt mods or anything, just replaced the reference heatsink/fan with a gpu waterblock from koolance and little tiny square ramsinks. me <3 koolance :)

Xxplosiv said:
update on my OC: i am now running at 450/1200 stable, these new drivers fixed the probs i was having in C&C generals zero hour and i get no artifacts after running 3dm05 looped for 7 hours straight. no volt mods or anything, just replaced the reference heatsink/fan with a gpu waterblock from koolance and little tiny square ramsinks. me <3 koolance :)

bastard :p haha, nice one

Xxplosiv said:

Hmm, you ARE on watercooling, but it still seems that more and more of the newer GT's out there have been overclocking much farther on 1.3v and quite a good number of ppl never even have to attempt the BIOS flash, good stuff.

Yeah i totally agree. When the GTs first came out, loads of people were happy to be able just to push Ultra clocks, sometimes needing more volts, bios flashes etc. With the newer cards, Ultra clocks are almost a given. Wonder what has changed or they maybe just worked out some of the bugs in the manufacter process? Is there maybe like a "industry secret" Rev.2 of the GT?

i got my GT august 25th, dispite ordering it on july 29th, also OC was at 440/1150 before watercooling

ElementK said:
Which GT is the best overclocker?

I don't want to sound rude or inconsiderate.....but it has been stated and re-iterated many times that it does NOT matter, and there is no brand that IS better to get if you want to overclock your GT. The cooling from card to card may vary, which could effect your overclock a decent amount, but if you were to slap an NV5 on whichever card you bought it really does not matter.

ElementK said:
So the silencer would improve my overclocks? I'm liking the XFX.

Well if you are running a GT then I don't really see how it's not possible that it wouldn't, but nothing is for sure. Your load temp on the core should come down about 7-10C for sure, which SHOULD help out with the overclock...but I ain't gauranteein' nothing. ;)

What clocks are you running right now?

I don't have it yet...sorry if I was confusing. I'm just looking at my options. ould you recommend the XFX?

ElementK said:
I don't have it yet...sorry if I was confusing. I'm just looking at my options. ould you recommend the XFX?

Honestly it's going to mostly come down the the bundle, warranty, and your personal history with a company when you're looking at a 6800 right now, as if you are going to put the NV5 on no matter which card you get, you've got equal overclocking opportunities whichever way you go. Personally I wouldn't buy an XFX card just because I HAVE had awkward run-ins with them in the past. Not to say it'd be a lousy card, but like I said...it's mostly gonna be based on experience, or getting the most for your money if you don't HAVE any experience.

Anyone who is running the Coolbits that gives you two options - 2D/3D - notice that only the core speed setting is independent? If you adjust the memory setting on 3D, it changes on 2D as well, and vice versa. Kind of nullifies the whole point...

Matrices said:
Anyone who is running the Coolbits that gives you two options - 2D/3D - notice that only the core speed setting is independent? If you adjust the memory setting on 3D, it changes on 2D as well, and vice versa. Kind of nullifies the whole point...

How does it "nullify the whole point" having the memory clocked up in both cases? Do you realise how little power GDDR3 sucks and hot much less heat it gives off compared to last gen's DDR memory? Honestly bro, the memory clock staying "up" really has next to no effect with the stock cooler, as the heatsinks are not technically joined, and the memory only warms up the core indirectly by raising ambient temps around the GPU heatsink. I would hope that I don't have to explain the "pro's" about having the core clock down in 2D, but you need to realise that the memory staying the same has VERY little effect on things.

Thanks for the info bro. Seems like rivatuner has the same issue so maybe it is hard to decouple the memory settings for different profiles with nVidia; I'm used to the 9800 Pro where ATI Tool easily allowed changing of both core and memory.

The issue for me was that if the memory speeds are higher during 2D operation it'll set the fan to an annoying speed for all the time, not just gaming where I can't hear it over the gameplay anyway. Didn't seem to happen though so I guess it's a moot point.

With a BFG 6800GT using arctic cooling nv5. 440Mhz core and 1.13Ghz memory. Temps idle around 55 or so with load going up to 72 when running rthdribl at max everything. Idle is a little high from what others are posting, but it seems I got a good card. Before the nv5 I was able to push it to 427/1.11. This is totaly stable, with no graphical errors or anything.

Asus 6800'GT'.

From 350/700, clocked to 390/922. Stock, temps core/ram @ 46/42 on idle. Fullload are 54/49.

Will do a vmod, want to reach 1000MHz RAM, or even more.

400/1100 now, previously 410/1100 but I noticed little black blotches on some things in HL2, this is using a copper core with idle temp 48c and 20 minute rhtdribl load temp of 67C. For fun I tried the volt mod and got an oc of 438/1170 and ran it through 3Dmark03 fine without artifacts but I don't think it's wise to run it like that since I don't have a 4ghz cpu to take advantage of those speeds. 400/1100 is plenty fast for me atm.

you deffinatly dont need a 4ghz cpu to run and take advantage of those settings(it doesnt matter what cpu you have, every little bit helps)

the_village_treky said:
you deffinatly dont need a 4ghz cpu to run and take advantage of those settings(it doesnt matter what cpu you have, every little bit helps)

Exactly, it's sad how many ppl are under the assumption that you NEED a 4GHz system to make it worth even doing any crazy overclocking. I agree 100% with everything that treky said above....every little bit helps, and I'd keep the overclock, as it will still benefit you without the faster CPU.

There has to be a bottleneck somewhere right? I mean these cards bottleneck the fastest cpus don't they? I overclock pretty much everything in my pc and didn't notice a significant improvement in fps with that high of an overclock. Not enough to justify putting that much strain on the card anyways. 2 fps isn't enough for me to risk burning out a 400 dollar card ATM. I'll probably start fooling around with it again in the future when the speed could be of more benefit though.

peacetilence said:
There has to be a bottleneck somewhere right? I mean these cards bottleneck the fastest cpus don't they? I overclock pretty much everything in my pc and didn't notice a significant improvement in fps with that high of an overclock. Not enough to justify putting that much strain on the card anyways. 2 fps isn't enough for me to risk burning out a 400 dollar card ATM. I'll probably start fooling around with it again in the future when the speed could be of more benefit though.

Some benchmarks/games/settings will show gains more then others.......and cranking AA and AF in games will allow you video card overclock to show through more even with the same CPU and a higher VGA clock.

eVGA 6800gt @ 400/1.14, using the stock cooling.

Temps seem to hit about 80 c with load. Coolbits auto detected 424, but when I'd try to run 3Dmark05, artifacts would show up, and eventually, the whole system would freeze. I bumped it down to 400, and it runs fine. Maybe putting an NV Silencer5 on it would open up the ceiling a little bit for me.

I have my card water cooled with danger dens NV68 block and AS5, I idle at 48C (30C ambient) and max load at 55C. My core speed is not stable (artifacts) above 425 for some reason (i have no clue why, its running cooler at load than it was at idle with my stock BFG cooler). My memory is fine at 1.14 ghz. I just wish I could O/C the core more. I have the BIOS modded to 1.4V so i'm not sure whats up

weird, and kinda funny.....cus those were my identical temps with my aircooled 6800GT at 1.4v with my modded NV5 on it. :p

Whoa, didnt know you changed from that 2.8C and 6800 GT cornelious :) I'm also thinking about switching from my 6800 GT to a x800xt-pe ( if I can find one ) ANd how is that PSU, I just ordered one :D

Circuitbreaker8 said:
Whoa, didnt know you changed from that 2.8C and 6800 GT cornelious :) I'm also thinking about switching from my 6800 GT to a x800xt-pe ( if I can find one ) ANd how is that PSU, I just ordered one :D

What can I say.....

The PSU performs as well as it looks, fricken outstanding

The CPU kix some serious a$$

The XT-PE I picked up is an overclocking beast, and is a SOOO much nicer card then my old GT, even with the GT at 450MHz I prefer the XT-PE...hands down.

:cool:

cornelious0_0 said:
What can I say.....

The PSU performs as well as it looks, fricken outstanding

The CPU kix some serious a$$

The XT-PE I picked up is an overclocking beast, and is a SOOO much nicer card then my old GT, even with the GT at 450MHz I prefer the XT-PE...hands down.

:cool:

Yeah, I think i'm gonna switch once I get the $$...I'm really not that impressed with this card at all. But I keep asking myself what the point of switching is lol, I've played all the next gen games, and they all suck. The only game i'm looking forward to is BF2, and that game got a serious graphical takedown, so I really dont know anymore... :(

Circuitbreaker8 said:
Yeah, I think i'm gonna switch once I get the $$...I'm really not that impressed with this card at all. But I keep asking myself what the point of switching is lol, I've played all the next gen games, and they all suck. The only game i'm looking forward to is BF2, and that game got a serious graphical takedown, so I really dont know anymore... :(

Just from reading that post I've come to the conclusion that you have quite possibly the highest standards I've ever seen when it comes to judging games and graphics cards. :p

420/1150 for running 3DMark05, bump that score!

410/1100 for everything else including Half Life 2.

Here is a list of 61 3DMark05 scores on the 6800 GT with the overclocks included. Plus I have averaged the core and memory speeds of those 61 scores for y'all.

These scores come from my 3DMark05 score list, which now has 253 scores in it!

GT Overclocks 1-30
GT Overclocks 31-61 Plus the averages

Here is my latest list posting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back