Post your 6800 GT OC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

theNoid

Supreme [H]ardness
Right now 24/7 @ 428/1110 @ 59c. Running everything at murderness!!!

yours ?

400/1100 here , I use profiles. I go stock when surfing and select the oc profile when gaming. Power strip is a very convenient tool

jacuzz1 said:
400/1100 here , I use profiles. I go stock when surfing and select the oc profile when gaming. Power strip is a very convenient tool

ya, i use the same tool and do the same thing. Autodetect in nvidia display panel gives me various optimum overclocks (which are what I use)...depending on when I do it and even if I do two auto detects in a row. I'm going with my fastest one, which is a soldi 420/1100 as my gaming setting. I've yet to see any abnormalities at that setting so despite the heat these things put out It doesn't seem to be effecting the card or the speed. Recently scored my best 3dmark2003 at that setting (see sig).

I have gotten mine up to 435/1150 (no artifacts with the memory). I could probably push the core further, but I am processor limited completely with all games right now (1.4 t-Bird).

Dude if your 1.4 is sittin a nforce2 board jump into a mobile XP, I just built a comp for a friend with an NF7-S and a mobile 2500+ and we jumped straight to 2.4ghz at 1.7v with an old volcano 9! That will feed your 6800GT alot better for about 90 more bucks if you can afford it. You'll see alot more performance out of it. Even if you don't have a nice mobo if you're not runnin SD ram you probly can still move the multiplier up to increase the speed of the mobile.

I'm running 420/1100 like the person stated above. I'm thinking I'll try going even higher.

That's a good idea though to only overclock the board when actually playing games, and let it run stock while surfing. I gave PowerStrip a shot; couldn't get it to work. Could it be that the shareware version is crippled that much? Are there any other tools that allow for profiles based on overclocking?

Anyone with an eVga 6800GT tried removing the heatsink to put Arctic Silver on instead of whatever is there from the factory?

whats crazy is .. i hear this card should be running hot as hell for an oc.. but 120c is the cutoff. But lol.. mines running at 59c .. so I use it at that 24/7.

Imitation said:
Dude if your 1.4 is sittin a nforce2 board jump into a mobile XP, I just built a comp for a friend with an NF7-S and a mobile 2500+ and we jumped straight to 2.4ghz at 1.7v with an old volcano 9! That will feed your 6800GT alot better for about 90 more bucks if you can afford it. You'll see alot more performance out of it. Even if you don't have a nice mobo if you're not runnin SD ram you probly can still move the multiplier up to increase the speed of the mobile.

My Shuttle XPC with a Mobile Barton 2500+ can hit [email protected] without much trouble. My DDR is cheap shit so it has trouble at 200fsb (oddly, my old Athlon XP 2600+ thoroughbred never had trouble at 200x11).

Guys, please include your cards brand so we can see which cards tend to oc better.

Drakensoul said:
Anyone with an eVga 6800GT tried removing the heatsink to put Arctic Silver on instead of whatever is there from the factory?

they have some sorta silvery material on there already.

its not the normal greasy white manuf goop that usually comes with things.

BFG 6800 GT OC

425 core, 1100 mem

57C idle, 85C under load, 39C ambient

I installed it 6 days ago, and OC'd it after 30 minutes of "just make sure it seems to work at stock speeds" testing. It has been completely stable with NO problems at all.

It might go higher, but I was just happy to be running at "stock" BFG 6800 Ultra speeds :)

My XFX 6800 GT auto detects at around 420/1130.

Ifxv said:
I'm running 420/1100 like the person stated above. I'm thinking I'll try going even higher.

That's a good idea though to only overclock the board when actually playing games, and let it run stock while surfing. I gave PowerStrip a shot; couldn't get it to work. Could it be that the shareware version is crippled that much? Are there any other tools that allow for profiles based on overclocking?

Well there is a reason why nVidia has 2D and 3D clock settings. You dont overclock the 2D settings and those are the speeds the card run at until you fire up a 3D application.

DigitalEmperor said:
all boards are being manufactured by nvidia right now. brands dont matter.

Its still better to quote the brand of 6800GT your using. Just because the boards are all reference doesn't mean they will all perform identically. The RAM could be a little better at times on different brands because of when they were manufactured.

BiGG_MiDDLe_LeGG said:
What tools are you guys using to check the temps?

Control Panel -> Display -> Settings -> Advanced -> GeForce 6800GT tab -> Temperature Settings tab to the right

In order to find the load temps of your cards you need to fire up a demo like the following and monitor your temp readouts. The cards temps will drop faster then you can alt tab out of a game.

http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/rthdribl/

my EVGA is running at 415/112x

I've only had it an hour...I'm not sure the limit..this is what the autodetect found.

At any rate, I hit & exceeded the Ultra speeds, so I'm very happy with the purchase.

bytheway have you guys noticed that coolbits 2.0 is out i got a few more driver options with it. just a tip.

joobjoob said:
bytheway have you guys noticed that coolbits 2.0 is out i got a few more driver options with it. just a tip.

CoolBits 2.0 was created by someone over at the nV News forums and i tried it out and didn't like it. It took away several options in my nVidia drivers such as 16xAF and High IQ.

that stuff is real easy to add back in. There are a few flags you need to change in the reg file. I don't know them off hand, but it's almost self explanatory.

theNoid said:
whats crazy is .. i hear this card should be running hot as hell for an oc.. but 120c is the cutoff. But lol.. mines running at 59c .. so I use it at that 24/7.

Thats your idle temp. They're talking about load temps.

I think nvidia hit the nail on the head with the 6800gt, its faster than the x800pro at the same price point. Awaiting SLI for the GT...muuuahahahha :D

theNoid said:

well, you notice the high temps only under load. The idle temp only increases like 1C from stock while overclocked. also, make sure when you say 'load' you explain what your doing. I've detailed the best way to do this in another thread.

Can I get a few opinions on the noise levels of a 6800GT in comparison to a 9800 Pro with Arctic Cooling VGA Silencer..... is it going to drive me crazy after getting used to virtually no noise? I have an almost silent system.

I don't see the auto overclock options in the temperature settings... can you help me? :confused:

Bead said:
I don't see the auto overclock options in the temperature settings... can you help me? :confused:

You have to install CoolBits first.

Create a new .txt file and add the following:

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NvTweak]
"CoolBits"=dword:00000003
"NvCplEnableHardwarePage" = dword:00000001
"NvCplEnableAGPSettingsPage" = dword:00000001
"NvCplEnableAdditionalInfoPage"=dword:00000001

Now rename that file to CoolBits.reg and double click on it to add that registry entry to your system.

Now go to Control Panel -> Display -> Settings -> Advanced -> GeForce 6800 GT tab -> Click on the Clock Frequencies tab that is now available to the left.

burningrave101 said:
You have to install CoolBits first.

Create a new .txt file and add the following:

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NvTweak]
"CoolBits"=dword:00000003
"NvCplEnableHardwarePage" = dword:00000001
"NvCplEnableAGPSettingsPage" = dword:00000001
"NvCplEnableAdditionalInfoPage"=dword:00000001

Now rename that file to CoolBits.reg and double click on it to add that registry entry to your system.

Now go to Control Panel -> Display -> Settings -> Advanced -> GeForce 6800 GT tab -> Click on the Clock Frequencies tab that is now available to the left.

This is the "normal" coolbits correct?
Where is a link and a walk thru for the coolbits 2.0 as to add back the shit that is removed?

I'm starting off with 400/1100 on a BFG 6800GT OC. It ran at stock speed for only 4 minutes. :p

I won't really know what the max stable speed is for a few days. I just installed the card a 1/2 hour ago and haven't run much yet besides 3DMark2001 (~21,000 http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7970354) loops and a quick game of Far Cry.

It runs about 25C over ambient when stressed with that benchmark link above.

This is like getting a 6800 Ultra (without dual DVI) for $299. Thanks, best buy! <3

Hurin said:
I trust that you meant to say $399.
No way am I spending $399 on a video card. :eek:

I meant $299. Best Buy had a preorder deal almost a month ago for $299. They finally shipped last week and I got it about an hour ago.

pxc said:
No way am I spending $399 on a video card. :eek:

I meant $299. Best Buy had a preorder deal almost a month ago for $299. They finally shipped last week and I got it about an hour ago.

Sweet deal. I'm rather kicking myself now. Until about three hours ago, I was looking towards ATI. But I finally decided to go with NVIDIA. So I missed out on the CompUSA 30% deal and now, apparently , this Best Buy deal.

Oh well. I did indeed pay $399. What's $99 between friends? :D

H

pxc said:
I'm starting off with 400/1100 on a BFG 6800GT OC. It ran at stock speed for only 4 minutes. :p

I won't really know what the max stable speed is for a few days. I just installed the card a 1/2 hour ago and haven't run much yet besides 3DMark2001 (~21,000 http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7970354) loops and a quick game of Far Cry.

It runs about 25C over ambient when stressed with that benchmark link above.

This is like getting a 6800 Ultra (without dual DVI) for $299. Thanks, best buy! <3

You should run rthdribl when testing max temps. Open it in a window as big as your desktop and watch the load temps. The chip cools off 10 Celcius by the time you exit a benchmark like 3Dmark.

evilchris said:
You should run rthdribl when testing max temps. Open it in a window as big as your desktop and watch the load temps. The chip cools off 10 Celcius by the time you exit a benchmark like 3Dmark.
I didn't feel like typing "rthdribl" so i just referred to it as the benchmark, but I meant that demo. :p It is really hot here today and the ambient temperature is pretty high in the case. :(

Just got mine installed. Full load hits 82C, idle is about 59c. Ambient starts out at 38c and goes upto 55c. I can't wait till my internship is over so I can move back to a house with AC, I'm too afraid to o/c it here. All those temps are at stock. I'm sweating in my room so I don't think I'll up it any further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back