Post you music folder here!

Hupo

[H]ard|Gawd
Here is mine!
gf.jpg

This is just my Rock/Alternative folder, and it's not all of my albums either, I just haven't reorganized newly added music. I also have a Country folder with around the same amount of music as well as a Rap/Hiphop, some Techno and miscellaneous stuff. It's a big image and I wish I could just make a thumbnail, but not sure how to, so here it is:

musicfolder.gif

I couldn't possibly fit mine here. Over 200 artists, and over 500 albums. Besides, I don't have any special graphical folders..

No possible way to fit it on one screen, because it's 1,455 albums, so far. Have spent since February of this year ripping all my CD's and still have a few hundred to go. WinAMP shows 2,911 artists with 15,881 songs total, that would take 42 days, 11 hours, 56 minutes and 14 seconds to play them all :cool:

tdg said:
No possible way to fit it on one screen, because it's 1,455 albums, so far. Have spent since February of this year ripping all my CD's and still have a few hundred to go. WinAMP shows 2,911 artists with 15,881 songs total, that would take 42 days, 11 hours, 56 minutes and 14 seconds to play them all :cool:
To me that is a bit ridiculous because....whos got the time?

Heh, also too many to post... 5,000 or so songs, but not at all organized in any way... just sort of tossed into various folders here and there.

too many to put on one screen
32gb and growing, 6300 songs according to winamp
but i am quite sure a couple people above have me beat by quite a bit...

saturnine2 said:
I couldn't possibly fit mine here. Over 200 artists, and over 500 albums. Besides, I don't have any special graphical folders..

Same here. 115 artists, not sure how many albums, probably on the side of 300.

honestly, who the fuck needs like 250GB of music? that is just insane.all the music i have is what i like and listen to daily. here's my music, i don't rip my cd's anymore to conserve space, and really don't listen to them all that much.
dump8wa.jpg

Got about 380GB, 300GB of which is lossless (FLAC), for about 9,000 songs lossless and 20,000 including mp3's. All organized in folders by Artist\Date - Album\Track# - Name. Perhaps the best thing I got out of 4 years of college :D

Well, here's most of mine. Mostly at 320kb/s VBR mp3, my speaker, headphones, and soundcard don't do justice to lossless so I don't bother with it. 6.5 some gigabytes.

music.jpg

200gb is easily believable not everyone ripps to 128k Mp3 crap. Flac is the only way to go

Elderblaze said:
200gb is easily believable not everyone ripps to 128k Mp3 crap. Flac is the only way to go

320 kb/s vbr isn't that bad when you don't have good enough speakers or headphones though. :p

I have 18.30 GIG of music in my iTunes library.
That's about 253 artists and 437 albums, giving me 9.7days of listening.

Hmmmmmm....

VBR targeting 192kb/s (--alt-preset standard on LAME) for mp3 format should be transparent to 95% of the population. (I'm sure the other 5% frequents this board :rolleyes: .) So you can use VBR targeting 256kb/s which is transparent to 99.9% of the population. Anything over that is pretty useless. There's no point in carrying around 320kb/s mp3's. If you really want higher quality then go to a lossless like FLAC.

Personally I use EAC to rip and FLAC to encode. This isn't because I imagine a difference in sound. I just want to be able to reproduce my purchased CDs bit-for-bit if they become damaged. Also, the extra audio information can be useful when applying effects to the music since the algorithms have more data to work with.

I have 120GB, mostly in 500kb VBR *.ogg. Yes, they're large but I love 'em. :)

threedd97 said:
It could be in .wav format.

My 7000 track/20GB of mp3's would take 3-4 weeks to cycle through all of them. How would you possibly have time to listen to 200GB of music. You'd shuffle and not hear the same song for 6 months.

Elderblaze said:

Other than APE and high bitrate Vorbis which you won't be able to tell apart from FLAC, anyway.

Mymusic.jpg

All the folders contain just about everything the artist has made. I still have a pretty modest collection though.

tdg said:

Seriously: What player software do you use? How do you play what you want and not everything? Just use play lists? What about shuffling? How do you mange tagging and the playlists, then?

I've been ripping my LPs (yeah, vinyl) and I've been a little furstrated by not ever finding a player that I liked. Something is too hard somewhere, all the time.

here's my folder - nearly all jazz ;)
i still love my WinAMP 2.80a
it's much faster and overall less bothersome
music.jpg

contaminant said:
Mymusic.jpg

All the folders contain just about everything the artist has made. I still have a pretty modest collection though.
The fall of troy baby!

49.1G here, mostly MusePack (mpc) --insane with some APEs, tho for lossless I've transitioned over to WavPack.

About 50GB at home (I'm at work).
Most VBR @ 160 or 190, some lossless,I'm not sure how many artists/songs it is, but it's a lot.
It's all very neatly organized and tagged w/album art on 99% of it. I organize into playlists then play through the house on my MCE 2005 machine. Sure lots of it sits and never plays, but it's nice to have it available without hunting down CD's, and nice to have backup copies in case a CD breaks.

WINAMP
playlist

5515 tracks in playlist, average track length: 4:14
Estimated playlist length: 389 hours 59 minutes 25 seconds

majority is 192kbps mp3s organized by album. ~300 music videosin there also

Last check I am somewhere around 53gb, nearly 13000 songs. Mostly 192kbs VBR LAME, but there are some that go all the way to 320kbs VBR. No lossless, haven't gotten into that barrel of fun yet.

Back