Playstation Vita Thread

I am really looking forward to getting this system. What games did everybody buy?

I got Uncharted and Wipeout.2048.

And I am able to install the games I bought with physical media to the device without having to carry the game cartridge?

You aren't able to do so. If you were.. rampant piracy would happen lol.

I got Little Deviants (FE Bundle)
Uncharted
Hot Shots Golf.

I'm trying to find a 32GB memory stick!

So games are downloadable from PSN and installable to the memory card but you can't install games from the cartridges? Bummer. I was hoping they would implement a code that was activated through PSN just like a PC game through steam.

Last edited:
Mine shows shipped from Amazon, already recieved Uncharted and Hot Shots. Just a heads up to everyone looking to purchase Vita game Target will have a buy 2 get 1 free on Vita games starting 2/19 so I would wait if you can and Amazon should price match that most likely so next week would be a great time to get some more games added to your spanking ne Vita :)

Last edited:
So games are downloadable from PSN and installable to the memory card but you can't install games from the cartridges? Bummer. I was hoping they would implement a code that was activated through PSN just like a PC game through steam.

Yeah, games on PSN will be saved onto the memory card, but cartridges wont be. To be honest, if they sold games kind of like steam, there would be no point in selling the cartridges, haha.

^^Just waiting on Target buy two get one more free deal to hunt down games. Otherwise, just going to sit with Little Deviants, the (reportedly) bad browser, and (later on) netflix till then.

Damn, if only Canada had a buy 2 get 1 free deal. Seems like U.S is getting some hot deals for the Vita.

just got one for $200 on craigslist... came with uncharted which is not my cup of tea. wish there was an fps launch title. anyone get FIFA?

couldn't stop myself from pressing confirmation key on order :<
ordered wifi and 32gig memory for $310

yea... dude was pretty sketchy. no box/manuals. not sure if it comes with an a/c adapter but all I got was a USB cable. also came with some pretty dope PlayStation earbuds/mic.

just got one for $200 on craigslist... came with uncharted which is not my cup of tea. wish there was an fps launch title. anyone get FIFA?

Right now I only ordered Hot Shots but I am thinking about getting FIFA as well. Let me know what you think if you get it.

yea, just traded it. FIFA looks and plays exactly how it does on the PS3... remarkable, really. highly recommended.

i forgot to mention what exactly i purchased:

PS Vita Wifi Only
Uncharted

i haven't purchased memory yet. im probably gunna get like a 4gb. i don't see why i should splurge on a 32gb when it's well overpriced. I'm sure prices will fall when they see the errors of there ways lol :D

Wait, so the Uncharted game isn't just a port of the first one? It's a stand alone?! I'm in.

Yup. Apparently it's pretty good, too. Not as good as the PS3 versions, but still a solid addition to the series. Some reviewers mentioned that it's a little gimmicky with the touch screen here and there, but it doesn't take away from the game itself.

I've seen some SF x Tekken footage and it looks borderline as good as the console version. The Vita is a little powerhouse.

So I picked up the PS Vita FEB today and got Uncharted for free (Best Buy pre-order deal) and also picked up Lumines and UMVC3. Here are a couple shots of the system and accessories and a white PSP Go for size comparison. So far I've only played the first little bit of Uncharted and a little Super Stardust Delta. Downloading some of my PSP games to it now to see how well they work. My wife loved the new game cases..... lol.

img2844b.jpg

img2846t.jpg

^^ I have another comparison pic for people who are curious against... the iPhone 4S :p

DSC_1383.jpg

Wanted to play BFII vs a friend's PSP, however, none of the Star Wars titles are (yet?) in the PSP-->PSV compatible library of downloadable games (it's in the PSP downloadable library).

First Edition Bundle, so had a bundle of stuff with it. At least the box wasn't horrendously large.

FYI. If you can download the PSP version of Star Wars games to a PS3 then you can transfer them to Vita and the vast majority of them work (if not all) even if they aren't listed in the Vita compatible list.

Ah, thank you for the heads up. I'll look around for a PS3 to borrow, lol :p

Without it, it currently shows up in my Download List (in the PS Store), however, it just says Not PS Vita compatible :(

Gonna see if the PC transfer program works, in this case.

Ah, thank you for the heads up. I'll look around for a PS3 to borrow, lol :p

Without it, it currently shows up in my Download List (in the PS Store), however, it just says Not PS Vita compatible :(

Gonna see if the PC transfer program works, in this case.

Let me save you some time. Media Go doesn't see the Vita. Vita content Manager can't copy games.

Argh. Thank you. I was about to ask the same thing after just trying both programs out, lol :(

Oh, well, I guess I'll just wait, then (or get a PS3 o.0).

EDIT: I have an idea... use the PSVita to backup a PSP game from the store to the PC, so I can get the file structure? Or does it use something different vs what the Media Go application does?

Not working. None of the PSP Demos that have compatible PSP--PSV paid games will download via the PSV's PSN Store app.

So it really comes down to getting access to a PS3... or just having patience :eek:

Nevertheless, thank you for your help, N1GHTRA1N!

Just loaded a 1280x720 M4V video file on PS Vita and it looks friggin sweet. This screen is the best portable screen I've ever seen. It even works very well with multiple audio tracks and the internal speakers are very good considering it is a portable. Both my wired Sennheiser IE 6's and Sennheiser MM 450 bluetooth headphones sound simply amazing, the internal audio processor in the Vita is light years ahead of my iPhone 4, PSP Go and 3DS systems.

Downloaded God of War: Ghost of Sparta to it and it looks great and plays great. The PSP games even has the instruction manual available in game just like the Vita ones.

^^ I agree on the audio DAC. Using ATH-M50s, here.

On the PSP--PSV thing, the downloaded PSP--PSV games (then copied over via Content Manager) are stored in a different format vs what Media Go downloads them as. So there goes that idea (my last reasonable one, lol). Guess I'll find out how much I like "MAGICIAN LORD."

Wow, that's pretty friggin sweet, I was on the fence about picking up a PSP Vita, but now I may have to get one along with my friend at some point. Needs a bigger software library.

So let me understand this correctly. If I have PS1 games I bought off the PS Store, they will work on the PSP Vita, is that correct?

Wow, that's pretty friggin sweet, I was on the fence about picking up a PSP Vita, but now I may have to get one along with my friend at some point. Needs a bigger software library.

So let me understand this correctly. If I have PS1 games I bought off the PS Store, they will work on the PSP Vita, is that correct?

PS1 games won't run on the Vita.... yet. Apparently that feature is coming soon.

I just tested Remote Play feature and all the PS1 games I have on my PS3 worked fine (FF7, RE2, RE3, SOTN, etc). Also Remote Play games like BeJeweled 2 worked so hopefully more to come soon.

Last edited:
The Vita is pretty awesome. One gripe is the menu system, you technically have to go through two things to actually open something lol.

Well, I ended up getting the 32GB card, too, since I've managed to fill my 4GB card extremely rapidly with media (m4v at native res/DVD res high profile and rf:20 works fine, around 1.8GB for a 2 hour film or so), and I have a few PSP purchases lined up :p

Just pre-ordered the 3g model. Looking forward to next week!

Welcome in :D
Another pic to tide the formal launch people over? :p

reports are out the gta iv is available for download, in addition to the me3 demo? can anyone confirm as I can't get it to to connect to my work network?

Allright, I cannot find GTAIV in the PSV or the PSP sections on my Vita, nor could I find anyting relating to "ME" as initials, nor "ME3."

So PSP games work on the VITA right now but not PS1 games?

I am so pumped to get mine after seeing these pics!

Picked up all my accessories yesterday as well as my games. I will update with pics tomorrow morning. I will post pics of everything i have along with size comparisons. List of current items:

FIFA 2012
Rayman Origins (I'm surprised nobody has talked about or picked this up yet in this thread)
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Started Kit (not official Sony one) (case, screen protector, game storage, and screen wipe)
32gb memory card
Sony Charging cradle

Back