Path of Exile

Status
Not open for further replies.
The latest patch was great for game balance, but one item on the list is enough for the pair of you to synch your monthlies.

Stealing that saying, hilarious! :D

So if I'm around 68, what would be a good (read: easy, decent density) to farm/do EXP runs? Chaos damage absolutely annihilates me, so I don't think I can do docs with those chaos breathing bears or whatever they are. I was doing Lunaris (now I'm having a brain fart, the one with the Gemling queen in it) runs. They work fairly well, however I will die every other run if I come into a room with a large number of the fireball throwing rags, particularly if there is a rare one. That's a huge EXP loss while I'm doing it.

Maybe I should just keep doing those, and throw in a ruby flask...thoughts?

Try Catacombs off the Marketplace

You were thinking Solaris. Lunaris is quite a bit more brutal.

Just outside of the Solaris WP, there is a 3-pack of unique rags, usually with blue and/or rare rags with them as well. Would there be any worth in just farming that 1 pack over and over? They're usually just seconds away from the WP.

EDIT: Speaking of synching monthlies, you could say I've been on the rag as well.

Stealing that saying, hilarious! :D

So if I'm around 68, what would be a good (read: easy, decent density) to farm/do EXP runs? Chaos damage absolutely annihilates me, so I don't think I can do docs with those chaos breathing bears or whatever they are. I was doing Lunaris (now I'm having a brain fart, the one with the Gemling queen in it) runs. They work fairly well, however I will die every other run if I come into a room with a large number of the fireball throwing rags, particularly if there is a rare one. That's a huge EXP loss while I'm doing it.

Maybe I should just keep doing those, and throw in a ruby flask...thoughts?

The bears in docks are Fire damage. The density of docks coupled with the fact that it's an open area (unlike Catacombs) makes it a much better farm spot IMO.

If you're going for XP though and have maxed Cold Resist, Cata is the way to go.

Fire is 51, Cold/lightning is around 70. Don't do too bad with elemental dmg overall. I'll try Docks, I really need more damn currency.

Fire is 51, Cold/lightning is around 70. Don't do too bad with elemental dmg overall. I'll try Docks, I really need more damn currency.

I know the feeling =P

I did a few runs last night with 161 Quantity, and the best currency i saw drop was 1 jeweller...

really bad night of farming.

I did get this weird helm...

Heatshiver:

(158–176) Evation Rating

+1 to Level of Fire Gems in this item
+1 to Level of Cold Gems in this item
(80-100)% increased Evasion Rating
60% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
-(20-10)% to Fire Resistance
-(20-10)% to Cold Resistance

What the hell is this helm for? Another item where the negatives far outweigh the positives.

Most of the early uniques have a bunch of negatives that make them utterly useless. At the very least, the newer ones have interesting mechanics.

Most of the early uniques have a bunch of negatives that make them utterly useless. At the very least, the newer ones have interesting mechanics.
Yea it's retarded. They need to revisit all the shitty ones and bring them up to par.

Heatshiver is an early level EE item. I don't think anyone really uses it, though.

Elemental Equilibrium? You mean, between the Witch and Templar trees? ...and they put Evasion rating on it. Nice one GGG.

That was one of the earliest created uniques, IIRC. Yea, some of those need to be adjusted a bit. They were also created when the passive tree was massiveley different. I've been playing for ~16 months and the tree was so different back then, it would be completely unrecognizable.

That was one of the earliest created uniques, IIRC. Yea, some of those need to be adjusted a bit. They were also created when the passive tree was massiveley different. I've been playing for ~16 months and the tree was so different back then, it would be completely unrecognizable.

Gotcha. I hope tweaking the old unique items is on their list of things to do.

You know a game is great, when you can read through a multi-paged forum thread, and people are actually discussing the game itself.

I just recently caught on to this game, and have one question:

How in the hell is it free?

How in the hell is it free?

People give them money. They had pulled in well over $2.5 million like a year ago during closed Beta. Now, people give them money to make their footprints sparkle in game.

Am I going to wreck my ranger

I've got a full respect to plan out.... Up until now I've been using Iron Reflexes but, with the change such that dexterity no longer plays into the armor calculation, it seems like a waste to go that way with a dexterity based character. I'm considering doing an "all evasion" build but having done mostly armor in the past, I'm not sure how much evasion is enough.

I've got lots of evasion and lots of life. I like blood magic for the simplicity of not having to deal with mana. I use Iron Grip to buff my bow damage, and the strength which buffs bow damage also boosts my life.

Let me know if I'm doing anything foolish here and, if it looks ok where I ought to be aiming for next. If all looks good, I take the plunge this evening.

Swapped some gear around...79/79/69 resists is great. No more worrying about Voidbearers on docks!

Now I just need to get my damn 5S armor to 5L or at least f'ing 4L. 5L will give me a huge boost in DPS, and also allow me to leech much faster...should be nigh on invincible at that point to anything but chaos damage.

Swapped some gear around...79/79/69 resists is great. No more worrying about Voidbearers on docks!

Now I just need to get my damn 5S armor to 5L or at least f'ing 4L. 5L will give me a huge boost in DPS, and also allow me to leech much faster...should be nigh on invincible at that point to anything but chaos damage.

Hell yea.

I just hope that my 6S chest goes 6L before 5L.

Let me know when you're all set up. I can help you with the end of Act 3 if you're not already done with it. I probably won't have much time until this weekend, I think work is literally killing me at this point...

“they set aside $1,000 of what they make, $25,000-$30,000 annually. They see themselves invested in the game for 10 years.”

I'm all for people spending whatever disposable income on any of their hobbies, but I dont think that $1000 when you're making $30k is a good use of money. I would suggest to those people to go for cheaper forms of entertainment, and use some of that entertainment time to advancing their career a bit faster.

Pub'ed Piety easily; ran a few maps for the first time. Didn't realize the portals are for EVERYONE; someone joined and immediately died twice. Was a good map roll too, +19% rarity and 2 extra unique bosses; I died at the first boss and no portals left.

Other than that I'm rolling pretty well; 80%/61%/80% resists, about 6700 dps self buffed. Finally rolled a 5L in about 10 fusings, thank you RNG? Faster attacks is so much nicer not just for the DPS, but for the faster life leech.

Incorrect exchange rates due to being an RMT site.

Yea, so basically i've lost faith in those kinda sites. They're all wonky now... it's just too easy to troll them i guess.

Once upon a time, 1 regal was worth 3 Chaos, and there were two Fusings in a Chaos.

But i can't even seem to sell my regals for 3 fusings a piece ><

Did the creation of the Eternal Orb kill Regal crafting or something?

Well... Much like other games in this genre right now, prices fluctuate wildly based on what is being bought, consumed and sold by those with the most currency. Most at the top will not take equivalent trades. Usually pure exalt only, plus they round up. The exchange rate is borked due to a relatively small group of people.

All you can do is set your own relative values when buying and selling. The more of us taking equivalent currency trades and exchanging at values more inline with what things are worth to you, the better. This will limit your trading possibilities somewhat, but you are better off in the long run not trading with idiots.

I always take equivalents. All currency has value to me (not portal scrolls, though. Wanna buy 500? :D). I'll always trade fairly since I'm not here to "get rich". Unfortunately, fusings are what I don't have. I plan on fixing that this weekend.

How do you get above 75% resist?

My purity aura right now gives me +3% to maximum resists, and the passive Elemental Adaptation gives you +2% to maximum resists. Right now I'm sitting at 80% for fire/light resist.

So, speaking of exalts...got my first one, ever. Thought about keeping it, but my armor was quite good and could be even better with 2 more stats on it. So I used it. +8% Lightning Resist. :(

As for trading, I guess only godly gear gets the attention of people in trade chat? I've got a couple of decent pieces but can't even get a PM.

Trade chat isn't very productive because people don't know what things are worth, unless they are top tier items. The forums have gotten me better results overall.

My purity aura right now gives me +3% to maximum resists, and the passive Elemental Adaptation gives you +2% to maximum resists. Right now I'm sitting at 80% for fire/light resist.

So, speaking of exalts...got my first one, ever. Thought about keeping it, but my armor was quite good and could be even better with 2 more stats on it. So I used it. +8% Lightning Resist. :(

As for trading, I guess only godly gear gets the attention of people in trade chat? I've got a couple of decent pieces but can't even get a PM.

Yea trying to sell stuff is rough. You basically have to watch chat to see people looking for X item, then grab it and send them a link.

Don't be too sad about that LR mod the exalt gave you. At least it's usable! That's 8 Lightening resist you didn't have before.

I exalted my caster dagger and got fire damage, which does absolutely nothing for me.

Oh and BTW! I vendored my first Unique last night. 13 alteration shards is better than a 3rd Voidhome lol

Last edited:
Yeah, it's definitely usable at least. From what I've read, crafting armor/boots, etc, is much better than weapons just due to the greater number of mods for weapons.

The goal is for 3 more acts, correct? Would love for some more passive skill books :p. Level 74 right now, have plans for skills all the way up to 80 at this point. Currently around 7400 DPS self-buffed...I've been playing way, way too much. It's been a seriously long time that a game has made me obsessed with it like this.

Oooo, I just picked up a Death's Harp bow.

I'm trying to decide if I like it. It's weak in terms of physical damage 107%, and way slower than the rare thicket bow I was using, but the extra arrow is pretty sweet. 4 lightning arrows is fabulous. 2 forking poison arrows fills the whole screen with poison. I have a ranged attack totem that now fires two explosive arrows; it's not especially powerful but it creates some beautiful chaos.

I'm going to keep playing with it for a while and see how it goes. This is, the first unique I've really been able to use, though, which is fun.

The extent of the grind becomes really apparent when you aren't doing maps and leveling up. My low life dual spork witch is 78 just farming docks and merc merv. I'm running 284 rarity & 43 quantity. I haven't found anything worth a damn in days. A couple 1-3 chaos items, but that's about it. It's basically become Path of Spork and Path of Alt Farm. It really might as well be Diablo 3 with worse graphics, worse trading, and worse desync.

The extent of the grind becomes really apparent when you aren't doing maps and leveling up. My low life dual spork witch is 78 just farming docks and merc merv. I'm running 284 rarity & 43 quantity. I haven't found anything worth a damn in days. A couple 1-3 chaos items, but that's about it. It's basically become Path of Spork and Path of Alt Farm. It really might as well be Diablo 3 with worse graphics, worse trading, and worse desync.

why don't you switch up and go for high quantity instead of rarity? outside of maps you aren't going to find awesome gear for your level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back