Path of Exile

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like to get rewarded for my time, and PoE constantly comes up short in that department.
Couldn't have put it better myself. IMO this is exactly where both PoE and D3 fall short.
There is clearly a problem when I decide it would be easier to reroll from my 87 marauder doing 70-75 maps to a dual spork witch just so I can farm a zone 10+ lvls lower (docks). I'll also be farming onslaught currency to transfer to my SC character. It's sad actually.
Yep. My buddy and i were just talking about making docks farming characters that you never let past a certain level.
The Diablo 3 equivalent would be making people pay to unlock runes...
..but i have no idea what you mean by this lol

So thanks to Lenin hooking it up, my character's made a huge jump. Before I couldn't make it farther than 30 feet out of the Act 3 door; last night I practically facerolled all the way up to Barracks, where I died a few times before taking out the general (with a party). Had to crash before hitting Piety unfortunately. I guess not having many real upgrades other than your weapon and amulet for ~20 levels makes a difference. The DPS was there (4700 now), not the survivability.

With new gear, and traded for a reduced mana gem, I can run Purity, Grace and Haste simultaneously. I need another reduced mana gem and then hopefully can run Wrath and/or Hatred. There is a unique helm that you can use to basically put on at the beginning of your gameplay, cast a few auras, take it off, and be running 7 auras with my build. Now I just need to trade for said rare. ;)

Also the evasion buff to my character sounds great. Now I think I can save the points going to Iron Reflexes and stack more damage nodes.

And thanks again LG!

No problem. I find it much easier to trade with forum members. We can set our own exchange rates, plus you're more likely to get people looking out for shit you need later on.

I'm not able to use those boots yet; I don't even have a 4L equipped other than my current boots. I was stupid, I 4L'ed the armor and got greedy going for 5...now I have to grind out some more fusings.

Hah, the one armed fusing bandit. My rule of thumb is to never try linking sockets on gear I'm currently wearing.

And stop bunching 5L's with 6L's. The difference in availability is exponential.

for damn sure. On my level 63 I've had 3 5L items - using two of them currently. Two of them were crafted and one was bought. I had a single 6L during closed beta (which I played much more) that I had bought.

Just look at the price difference between 5L and 6L items and that will tell you how much harder a 6L is to get than a 5L.

This is a fun little time waster: http://poe6l.julycui.com/# <- 6L fusing simulator. I've played it 3-4 times and never took more than about 350 fusings to get a 6L (not that I could afford that many fusings in game) I'd usually have 3-5 5Ls by the time I got a 6L. Look at the list of biggest losers and you'll see some people having to use 2000 fusings to get a 6L but have tons of 5Ls. The two 5L's I crafted in game I was really lucky and used less than 25 fusings each to get them.

I'd also say someone saying that progression requires a 5L or 6L and yet they reached level 80+ without one is a self contradiction. I'd agree that 5L or 6L will certainly make it easier.

Last edited:
just played it again. RNG can be a bitch or your best friend.
ttcv.jpg

7rou.jpg

lol I just used that fusing sim and got 6L on first try. It's on there right now as me on the top "Mofaux"

Go buy a lotto ticket and ask the hottest girl you see out on a date if you roll a 6L on first try.

Fuck, my wrist. 2200 tries with 14 5L but no 6. Workers comp!

you know what that means? Time to start linking in game. you've burned up 2200 tries. how many more could it take? ;)

Me or the guy that got it in 1? We are screwed in game now. lol

Fusings *seem* more rare these days compared to the first month or two after open beta. I swear their drop rate has been nerfed significantly. But of course I have no data to support this, just that my collection of every other orb seems to grow, but fusing (and divine) don't.

Fusings *seem* more rare these days compared to the first month or two after open beta. I swear their drop rate has been nerfed significantly. But of course I have no data to support this, just that my collection of every other orb seems to grow, but fusing (and divine) don't.

Rng man. The last dock run I did I got two fusings to drop, I was actually thinking the exact opposite of your post lol "did they buff this drop rate?"

wtf i keep getting dced today happened like 6 times today i died 3 times on my lvl 78 witch and lost so much dam xp. any one else having issues?

Have to admit, I'm not a fan of blood magic because it kills off your ability to use auras which are exceptional, instead, you should look at dropping the keystone and using a bloodmagic gem on the one skill that you want to spam and use your mana for auras.

Then you can look into grabbing iron reflexes and start running grace, determination and purity auras off of reduced a mana gem which will vastly increase your survivability and give you back some of your passive skill points to put elsewhere.

what do you guys think of this marauder build?

I'm currently level 52 in onslaught. This is my end game. I've found I HAVE to use a shield to stay alive.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-...u6dXsOOy27w7vTvH08i_ynPO-8932SPcy97746_rS-6o=

Here is my 87 Marauder's skill tree:

Skill Tree

You should drop blood magic and use the support gem. Run Purity, Determination, and Vitality. Drop all of the extra ES/Armor and Evasion/Armor nodes. Armor passives aren't really worth it. Obviously, if you aren't using maces, you should pick whatever weapon you're using. If you want less dps passives, you can go for more HP. Don't bother with Iron Reflexes. It's a lot of points to get over there and it doesn't make that much difference anyway. You can get anywhere from 10-20k armor with just Determination, and that's definitely enough. You'll have a ton of life regen which is huge when combined with some life leech.

Are you guys playing onslaught? I'm trying to level up blod magic support gem, but it uses so much mana! I've found that having five health pots instead of 3 health two mana or 4 health two mana is helpful in staying alive at onslaught.

When I get into a tough battle i just 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 my way through my health pots - which each are carefully chosen to add or remove various buffs that are helpful. It also gives me more flasks to draw from for survivability should I get into a tough spot. So far I've been very pleased with the blood magic passive trait. It was a game changer for me when I first acquired it.

The passive does allow for another skill slot, but as Tekara and big_aug mentions above, it totally kills your ability to use very valuable auras. You just need life steal and you'll be fine.

I'm so happy they finally integrated Twitch.tv streaming into the client. I've been waiting and hoping they would add that for ages. It's about time they caught up with all the other games that have this feature.

:rolleyes:

Seriously? This is what they're spending their time/resources on? For once, I'm actually completely satisfied with myself for not having become a supporter.

I'm so happy they finally integrated Twitch.tv streaming into the client. I've been waiting and hoping they would add that for ages. It's about time they caught up with all the other games that have this feature.
Seriously? This is what they're spending their time/resources on? For once, I'm actually completely satisfied with myself for not having become a supporter.

The GGG people aren't stupid. They know that Twitch = free advertising. Twitch probably had a relatively simple SDK for the whole integration. A no-brainer on their part.

And its not like they aren't working on other stuff at the same time.

And oooooh new unique, Blocky blocky!
4HVOCtx.png

That's a pretty sweet amulet. 20% reduced movement speed, though - just stand still and pound away I guess.

The GGG people aren't stupid. They know that Twitch = free advertising. Twitch probably had a relatively simple SDK for the whole integration. A no-brainer on their part.

And its not like they aren't working on other stuff at the same time.

And oooooh new unique, Blocky blocky!
4HVOCtx.png

If only it had something other than +mana on block. No one using this is going to be using mana in all likelihood. Still though, a monster amulet. Combine with Aegis Aurura for silliness.

It could use some resist or something... I'm really excited about the changes to reflect and evasion. Reflect changes will make my High-spell block witch set much tankier, and of course my shadow needs everything he can get, so better evasion is great.

There is probably some crazy tempest shield 78% block aegis aurora build waiting to happen. Probably won't kill very fast though because most mobs attack slow as shit.

There is probably some crazy tempest shield 78% block aegis aurora build waiting to happen. Probably won't kill very fast though because most mobs attack slow as shit.

If I used my full respec I could probably maintain the same damage, have capped resists, and sit at ~70% block, 55% spell block. But my ES and Life would be sub-par.

Use Bringer of Rain, the Anvil, tempest shield, and an endgame shield for 59%+ block with no block passives.

If only it had something other than +mana on block. No one using this is going to be using mana in all likelihood. Still though, a monster amulet. Combine with Aegis Aurura for silliness.

you seem to have missed the +life on block and reflect physical damage on block??

Anyone respec their ranger after the last patch? I'm hearing the IR got nerfed a bit in the evasion re-balancing. That aside, it looks like there are some pretty cool noteables in the starting area now.

Yea they still only have trade chat and this is what they put out.

The latest patch was great for game balance, but one item on the list is enough for the pair of you to synch your monthlies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back