Path of Exile

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd recommend duelist for a LA build. Much better than a ranger imo.

I actually have a 74 duelist with lightning-strike; I guess the main concern would be not being able to spec into whatever node gives you the increased chance for "Shocked" stacks, correct?

I think the gem recipe is better for farming up quality gems for other, future characters, as opposed to your current character. Just keep a couple of gems leveling in your alternate weapon slots.

I actually have a 74 duelist with lightning-strike; I guess the main concern would be not being able to spec into whatever node gives you the increased chance for "Shocked" stacks, correct?

Nah not really. I used my build in HC up to lvl 84 then died. I know they changed a bunch since I really last invested time into it but here is a similar build that I was close to that I enjoyed greatly.

I'm actually starting up a new Duelist right now, so I can start playing again. I'll let you know how it goes.

The game just got a lot easier for me. The amount of carnage is just silly:
ar3a.jpg

Bought an Occultist Vestment for 1 fusing and used 42 chance/scour orbs on it to craft a Shavronne's Wrapping. Then used ~70 jewelers sockets to get 6S. Spent a few fusings but no 6L yet.
I've got it listed for sale right now with a 37 exalt buyout.

I'm guessing he is a spammer. Just a lot of nonsensical posts in a whole bunch of forums.

Tried a bunch of different ranger skills; ice arrow, burning arrow, poison arrow, frenzy. Gotta say, something about lightning in this game just makes it much more enjoyable for me. Currently using Lightning Arrow, Added Fire Damage, Weapon Elemental Damage and Increased Critical Strike Multiplier. At level 50, doing about 1050 DPS with it right now; waiting to use chromatic orbs/jewelers orbs until I'm a bit higher, say 60-65 or so, and will likely change up the gems a bit.

For single target I'm using burning arrow, which is around 1450 DPS. Burning Arrow, Faster Attacks, Added Cold Damage, Increased Crit Strike Multiplier.

My survivability is quite good at this point, evasion really did get buffed. Mana management is much more intense though. At this point I really need to get my damage up, will be focusing on those nodes.

I still prefer Poison as a primary for bow builds, but it really doesn't stack up later on for raw damage. You need to be aggressive with the supports, then aggressive with the resource management. Doable, but I always found myself using a lot of traps to supplement.

Poison just seemed to take too long to develop; and also seemed to require you to tank in the middle of it, otherwise as they're running at you they're running out of the cloud. Hugely expensive mana wise as well once you add supports. 70 mana per cast vs 35 for lightning arrow with the same supports.

Yea, it is a bit rough. It has good synergy with traps, though. You can make bottlenecks anywhere.

I guess I'm a lazy aRPG player; I don't want to have to set up multiple skills like trap, poison arrow, burning....just want to spam lightning arrow and own.

Blood magic and life leech are staples for my ranged builds. I'm not much of a trapper but with decoy totem down LA can decimate mobs. Just be careful of reflect because once LA starts chaining you can't stop it. :(

I usually use a blood magic gem, but I just couldn't seem to leech enough. Maybe I'll try again. Right now how I'm set up though I don't have too many mana problems; I use my pots often, but I never really run out. Once I get the highest level I'll tailor them for the +3 charges on crit, which should mean they're almost always full. I'd lose a ton of DPS socketing blood magic instead.

I really like the XP death penalty change they are coming out with. Instead of losing 15% in merciless you'll only lose 8%. 15% isn't too rough when you are a lower level but it hurts bad when you are over level 70 and just gets worse the higher level you are. Death penalty in cruel is going to be a joke at 3% but I can live with that =)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/477123/page/1

Of course some people are complaining that it makes it too easy but most of them already either play hardcore or they've never had a really high level character. As someone in the massive thread pointed out - if they want to play with the higher penalty - just die twice.

I really like the XP death penalty change they are coming out with. Instead of losing 15% in merciless you'll only lose 8%. 15% isn't too rough when you are a lower level but it hurts bad when you are over level 70 and just gets worse the higher level you are. Death penalty in cruel is going to be a joke at 3% but I can live with that =)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/477123/page/1

Of course some people are complaining that it makes it too easy but most of them already either play hardcore or they've never had a really high level character. As someone in the massive thread pointed out - if they want to play with the higher penalty - just die twice.

Haha. I didn't see the need to reduce the death penalty, but I guess if I really wanted to be punished, I could do that.

Haha. I didn't see the need to reduce the death penalty, but I guess if I really wanted to be punished, I could do that.

I'm pretty sure I remember when death penalty was 15% in cruel and 30% in merciless. Those were tough days indeed.

30%? Man, I get pissed when I die in merciless now...without as much time as I used to have for gaming, that time penalty is stiff.

I think it's a good time to reduce the death penalty as players now are starting to get into high levels where 15% takes hours to grind.

Hardcore is the league to reward perfect skills and build, while Default should allow room for weakness and death. Otherwise newcomers would be discourage to make their own build and everyone would just use some generic survivable build.

What should I be looking for in a bow? It seems like in any aRPG, good bows are always hard to find and a bit more complex than other weapons. Or maybe it's just me.

I've taken phys damage nodes for bows, as well as +crit chance and +crit multiplier. Obviously high physical damage, but what is a good range for a high-end bow? (Say level 60, then level 70?) I'd be willing to trade for one, but I don't know what a good one would even look like.

Keep an eye out for a lionseye. A good thicket bow can be socketed and linked but that could get expensive.

Actually had a rare 6S thicket drop; not the best stats, but maybe worth the chaos orbs?

It very much depends on your currency pool. Currency prices are fluctuating a lot lately. I'd throw it in the stash until you see how the exchange ends up and see what bows are for sale. I would buy nothing right now, nor would I craft.

It very much depends on your currency pool. Currency prices are fluctuating a lot lately. I'd throw it in the stash until you see how the exchange ends up and see what bows are for sale. I would buy nothing right now, nor would I craft.

You don't want to buy my 6S5L Shavronne's vestment that I crafted? :(

C/O in my auction is at 28 pure exalts right now :D

I started with a conjurer's vestment and it took about 67 chance and scouring orbs to get the shavronne's unique (I've heard I was extremely lucky to get it in 67). It then took over 100 jeweler's orbs to get a 6 socket. I spent about 250 fusings getting a 5 link.

Since 6L Shav's sell for 40+ exalts I may eternal the robe now and try up to a couple hundred more fusings on it.

How do you build up currency faster than grinding? The auctions. buy low/sell high. Also get lucky crafting stuff to sell. When this auction is over I'll have made more money on it than the total I've gotten while playing the game.

Jesus christ.

The only thing I can think of that would make that possible is that perhaps that is the individual who knew about the quality gem recipe. I don't see how else you could accumulate that much "wealth".

I wonder if he's not cashing out now. As in, selling all his stuff for exalt and then RMT. If that is the case, I hope he gets caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

Holy fuck. And I thought the guy with 5 mirrored equipment on his shadow was rich:eek:

I don't know if I'll ever own a 6L Shav before the game shuts its server down, lol.

Jesus christ.

The only thing I can think of that would make that possible is that perhaps that is the individual who knew about the quality gem recipe. I don't see how else you could accumulate that much "wealth".

I wonder if he's not cashing out now. As in, selling all his stuff for exalt and then RMT. If that is the case, I hope he gets caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

The quality gem recipe couldn't make that much wealth. I'm thinking he must OWN a rmt site and have an army of people working for him.

Rmt wise, that is tens of thousands of dollars worth.

Holy...what..? Is that even possible, or is that a result of duping or what? I hate to be crying wolf so early, but the odds of so many 6Ls are astronomical. It isn't like a dollar, where if one person spends it, another gets it...if he is using fusings to craft those 6Ls, those are gone forever. Wow...that blew my mind.

Just looked up a RMT site; just those mirrors alone is worth nearly $2k.

Holy...what..? Is that even possible, or is that a result of duping or what? I hate to be crying wolf so early, but the odds of so many 6Ls are astronomical. It isn't like a dollar, where if one person spends it, another gets it...if he is using fusings to craft those 6Ls, those are gone forever. Wow...that blew my mind.

Just looked up a RMT site; just those mirrors alone is worth nearly $2k.

Well he's selling those stuff in standard. Standard has more godly stuff from all the dead hardcore characters.

It may be possible he's running a RMT site as someone suggested, that will give him access to tons of currency in different leagues that he can use to trade for these stuff.

I've been rambling about my pure evasion ranger for a few days here but I just discovered how weak this build can be. Vaal Oversoul in merciless utterly owned me. I have a 56% chance to evade + 20% chance to dodge attacks and it was utterly worthless. I don't know if Vaal does spell attacks (which I can't evade) or what, but I bet I died 20 times "attrition-ing" my way through him. Lighting shot - 1 hit kill. Falling debris - a hit took about 90% of my life. I was never in range of his smash attack at least. All I could do was stand at the edge of the room, pop my explosive arrow totem in the middle of the room and keep moving around and lobbing poison arrows up into his mob of minions. Even 4-5 hits from the "constructs" would do me in if I stood still as I seemed unable to avoid those either.

So, I still like the theory of an evasion build, but it definitely leaves something to be desired.

Pretty good weekend, had a few uniques drop. One I actually felt (teeny tiny bit) bad about; I died, asked for a TP, and literally as soon as my screen loaded out of the TP, a unique dropped and was allocated to me. Talk about earning it! :D

Lioneye's Paws boots, Chober Chaber (28% :( ), The covenant. Any of these guys worth anything?

I'm also a pure evasion ranger; I didn't try solo'ing Vaal Oversoul. I did get up to the Catacombs in Act 3 where you first face Piety; after getting 1-shot by her lightning shot twice, I quit and went back to farm some Fellshrine to level up a bit and maybe get some better gear. My belt, gloves and helm leave a ton to be desired and my res is crap. Did you take the ability to double (or is it 50%?) your chance to evade projectile attacks?

Also, trade chat continues to be worthless. Guess I'll have to try and buy stuff on the forums; it's just hard for me to plan on times to be online to trade when I'm not actively doing it. Looking for a few gems if anyone has them, I actually have currency now to pay full value:

Purity, Elemental Weapon Damage, Reduced Mana.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back