Path of Exile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really looking for something particular. I just want to quickly look and see if I can buy a better item now and again without having to use the gear search page and then go through each one seeing if the seller will even respond.

Yeah I'd much prefer either some kind of auction house or player-run "shops" where you could go to a bazaar-like place and browse inventories and buy things for set prices. People would still likely auction off the big ticket items, but things that are worth 1alch-1gcp would likely trade a lot more regularly with a shop system or an AH system.

I think they are wanting to keep a closed and crap economy.
Right now you don't know what something is worth.
If you could look at a list then the great armor you were ready to pay for is actually a pos not worth anything.

I think they are wanting to keep a closed and crap economy.
Right now you don't know what something is worth.
If you could look at a list then the great armor you were ready to pay for is actually a pos not worth anything.

Items are worth what you're willing to pay. Just like any other economy.

I'm finished with this game... I'll probably give it another go if they ever implement an automated system.

Conversely, if they ever added an automated system, I'd probably be finished with the game. Can't please everyone, unfortunately.

Automated trading would destroy the "fun" of the game. I've traded for maybe three items total since OB, and they were just for specific gems that weren't even that rare. Self found / self rolled (by orbs) is the way to go for me.

That being said....there are two uniques that I'd love to get and might be waiting forever to finally get...

I made a marauder today 2 swords and went up to act 3, did the slums stuff and he is awesome.
I am sure in cruel I will be screaming something else lol
funny he can stand toe to toe on bosses. Now struggling a little with position with packs.

I never understand why people would be against an AH or similar mechanic for trading. If you don't like it, then don't use it. You could continue to use forums and spam trade chat. How does it affect you in any way? It's the same with the looting. Many people are against giving groups the choice between FFA or instanced loot.

Are you worried that no one else is going to want to do traditional trading or FFA loot? Doesn't that mean they aren't that great in first place? If people actually did do both, wouldn't it be better to have options for everyone?

I never understand why people would be against an AH or similar mechanic for trading. If you don't like it, then don't use it. You could continue to use forums and spam trade chat. How does it affect you in any way? It's the same with the looting. Many people are against giving groups the choice between FFA or instanced loot.

Are you worried that no one else is going to want to do traditional trading or FFA loot? Doesn't that mean they aren't that great in first place? If people actually did do both, wouldn't it be better to have options for everyone?

The sudden availibility of every combination of every loot possible on the market immediately would allow for a maxed out economy in a shorter timeframe. This make it easier for A. Boredom, the chase for loot is gone game loses playerbase or B. Scripters+EconomyWhores control prices on good stuff.

The sudden availibility of every combination of every loot possible on the market immediately would allow for a maxed out economy in a shorter timeframe. This make it easier for A. Boredom, the chase for loot is gone game loses playerbase or B. Scripters+EconomyWhores control prices on good stuff.

If you choose not to use it, then how would things be different? You're implying that there are many people not participating in the economy now and would participate after an automated system. That would mean the current system is flawed. You can already search for the exact stats you want using the gear search tool. An automated system would just mean you don't have to attempt to contact every seller until someone responds. Every combination wouldn't be available. It would just be a way to sell what you have without being online.

Precisely - particularly option B.

Everything gets funneled into the same AH where people "day trade" instead of playing the actual game, and suddenly it's D3 all over again. If Blizz had spent as much time designing the rest of their game as they did trying to design and control "the economy" then D3 could have been a much better game. Besides, it isn't as though GGG will never implement a better way to trade into the game, they just haven't completed one yet.

For someone who wants to play 10 hours a day and burn content as fast as possible, I guess I can understand that it's probably super frustrating once you get to the upper echelon and can't buy upgrades at will...but the game, by design, is also about playing multiple characters, playing in events, etc. I have noticed that the people who seem to be having the least amount of fun tend to be the players that see playing anything other than their "main" as a "waste of time".

For someone who wants to play 10 hours a day and burn content as fast as possible, I guess I can understand that it's probably super frustrating once you get to the upper echelon and can't buy upgrades at will...but the game, by design, is also about playing multiple characters, playing in events, etc. I have noticed that the people who seem to be having the least amount of fun tend to be the players that see playing anything other than their "main" as a "waste of time".

I have three characters that I play that are above level 60. I'm not sure how having multiple characters is supposed to make it easier for me to trade for gear. Having multiple characters just means I have to do even more trading, which is terrible because the current trading system is absolute garbage.

The only way an AH works in these type of games would be like World of Warcraft where you get the desired gear strictly from dungeon runs and off bosses. The best gear would also have to be Bind on Pickup. Leveling gear would drop in the game world. Otherwise everyone would be geared out the a$$ in no time at all, and we'd all be bored asking for more content.

Now you could do D3 system where there is only one or two stats you want and all stats on gear is random so you'd have to effectively go to the AH to find the best gear. The chances of you finding 8 perfect stats would have to be set to 0.0001%. Then yes an AH would make sense as most everything you pick up would be inferior to that one piece of gear on the AH.

Of course you wouldn't have to have 8 perfect stats to play the game, but why would you spend gold or real money on something that's obviously flawed? So everyone would just bid on the perfect item as 2nd place is just the first loser. People compete to be the best in games.

I was getting into this game - the gameplay was everything D3 should have been - but once a dev came on and pretty much sideskirted any questions asking about their plans for PvP pretty much killed it for me. I'm not making the same mistake I did with D3.

What he did talk about was their plans for more acts and shit.. I mean come on, the story absolutely blows. The story is definitely not PoE's strongpoint, and yet they seem to want to focus on it.

I was getting into this game - the gameplay was everything D3 should have been - but once a dev came on and pretty much sideskirted any questions asking about their plans for PvP pretty much killed it for me. I'm not making the same mistake I did with D3.

What he did talk about was their plans for more acts and shit.. I mean come on, the story absolutely blows. The story is definitely not PoE's strongpoint, and yet they seem to want to focus on it.

Totally agree with you.

Why would they add more acts? Once you can do maps, you never do anything in Act 1-3 anyway. Unless they plan on getting rid of the map system, it makes no sense to add an Act 3.5 or Act 4.

big_aug said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheFlosser

Totally agree with you.

Why would they add more acts? Once you can do maps, you never do anything in Act 1-3 anyway. Unless they plan on getting rid of the map system, it makes no sense to add an Act 3.5 x Act 4.

Why add more acts? The same reason they're going to add a Cutthroat league, the same reason they're going to add better trading methods, and the same reason that they're calling it beta: the game isn't finished yet.

When they add new content like that they just restructure the area levels and leveling progression; it wouldn't make the map system obsolete.

Posted from Hardforum.com App for Android

Why add more acts? The same reason they're going to add a Cutthroat league, the same reason they're going to add better trading methods, and the same reason that they're calling it beta: the game isn't finished yet.

When they add new content like that they just restructure the area levels and leveling progression; it wouldn't make the map system obsolete.

Actually the technical definition of beta is feature complete. Your post reeks of fanboy and is the same rhetoric uttered by the D3 fanboys of olde when people were complaining about the lack of PvP etc.

I will also say Cutthroat league is a pretty lame (and easy, requiring little development effort) addition and not PvP at all.

Well, it's a good thing you didn't have to pay a dime for this game. ;)

And who complains about more content (Act 4)? Weird..

Hello Captain Clueless. I'll throw you a bone.

The money doesn't matter to me as much as time invested/fun gained. As I stated, the PvE content is not that good, so concentrating development on that instead of the PvP aspect is a bad thing.

I will also say Cutthroat league is a pretty lame (and easy, requiring little development effort) addition and not PvP at all.
The cutthroat league is what i'm actually looking forward to.

They already have arenas in the game.

It'd be sweet if they planned some other game modes though, like capture the flag.

I think Cutthroat is something a lot of us want to play. They've implemented it in races in the past I believe, so I'm not sure what's holding them back. It could be balance issues, but that's a lame excuse. If certain builds and skills dominate, who cares? It's only beta right?

The cutthroat league is what i'm actually looking forward to.

They already have arenas in the game.

It'd be sweet if they planned some other game modes though, like capture the flag.

I think the devs should just do a 1 week cut throat league and see what happens

initial advantage definitely goes to the people that are accustomed to racing, but their builds might not be the best for PvP at the higher levels in A3 Merciless

when the devs did cut throat in closed beta, were the names in the different instances anonymous?

Last edited:
TheFlosser said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aix.

Actually the technical definition of beta is feature complete. Your post reeks of fanboy and is the same rhetoric uttered by the D3 fanboys of olde when people were complaining about the lack of PvP etc.

So then this game has actually been feature complete for like 2+ years, is that it?

"D3 fanboys of olde"? You mean from like 10 months ago? When the major studio released their game for $60 after like 4-8 years of development as well as a closed beta period? Yeah you're right, this is totally the same situation with PoE...

So then this game has actually been feature complete for like 2+ years, is that it?

"D3 fanboys of olde"? You mean from like 10 months ago? When the major studio released their game for $60 after like 4-8 years of development as well as a closed beta period? Yeah you're right, this is totally the same situation with PoE...

Dat derp...

But anyways to those that are looking forward to Cutthroat, it's something, but not really a much of something.

Hello Captain Clueless. I'll throw you a bone.

The money doesn't matter to me as much as time invested/fun gained. As I stated, the PvE content is not that good, so concentrating development on that instead of the PvP aspect is a bad thing.
If it's not fun for you, stop playing. You call me Captain Clueless.... :D

Dat derp...

Ah, I see where you come from now. Go back to reddit/4chan if you're so keen on using memes/insults as your way of attempting to make a point.

Ha ha people complaining about the developers adding too much content. My day has been made. Thank you guys!

Ha ha people complaining about the developers adding too much content. My day has been made. Thank you guys!

I don't see anyone complaining about that. The point was made that the developers are focusing on the wrong type of content, however.

Dat derp.

I don't see a game like this having anywhere close to a balanced pvp element. Every top end skill combination is super powerful / spammy.

As far as comparing this game to D3...please.

Screw pvp add act 4 new zones are all ways a good thing and they should get all the pve and skills the way they want it other then adding a pvp system where every atack 1 shots you. Pvp never wooks good in games like this the mapd are way to litle for mass pvp. And if ypu add act 4 in 100% of they players will play it wheres the pvp only a few % will pay it

yep.. couldn't agree more.. I dont ike pvp..period.. so I have zero interest..

for all the complaining.. jeesh..

"they need to do this".. orly? they get to do whatever they want.. their only constraint is.. did this change increase micro transactions or not.. I chuckle in RL when I read some ass clown nerd raging about how stupid devs are...how they have it all wrong etc.

clue: dont like the game. then just go away!

for now.. Im loving this game!

yep.. couldn't agree more.. I dont ike pvp..period.. so I have zero interest..

for all the complaining.. jeesh..

"they need to do this".. orly? they get to do whatever they want.. their only constraint is.. did this change increase micro transactions or not.. I chuckle in RL when I read some ass clown nerd raging about how stupid devs are...how they have it all wrong etc.

clue: dont like the game. then just go away!

for now.. Im loving this game!

Your post is so typical it's a bit sad.

Why don't you like PvP? Tell us. Does it have anything to do with how much you absolutely suck? I've never met someone that didn't like PvP that was good at it ;)

Addressing the rest of the fanboys and such in this thread... I don't (nor anyone I know or have seen in particular) have anything against PvErs. Though, we tend to think you're the intellectually challenged folk that can't hack it in a competitive PvP environment so you want to beat on aritifical intelligence instead. That's fine, you do go your 'activity' (that happens to be completely devoid of anything remotely intellectually stimulating). But your attitude towards those that can and do excel in PvP is nothing but bitter spite, that isn't fine.

PvP is what MOST normal people tend to enjoy in a "game." That is an inarguable fact, looking purely at sales numbers and active player bases surrounding games that focus on having human opponents.

So given the success and market trends to favor PvP-oriented games in longevity, I think it's a mistake for the developer to focus on the PvE aspect of the game, especially when it's not halfway interesting even as far as the typical PvE fare goes. Why is that hard to understand? I think it's just something you don't want to see, given your bitterness towards anything PvP. Sure I may come off as a bit elitist, but rightfully so, since you really have no right to snub your nose at it when the sole reason you don't like it is because you are too incompetent to succeed (even at a basic level) in a competitive environment.

How could you make pvp fun in a game like poe? The maps are way to litle for mas pvp, and most people would get killed in 1 shot. That is not fun pvp, fun pvp is on mmo zone size where you do not get 1 shoted

PvP is what MOST normal people tend to enjoy in a "game." That is an inarguable fact, looking purely at sales numbers and active player bases surrounding games that focus on having human opponents.

Spicy food is what MOST normal people tend to enjoy in a "restaurant." That is an inarguable fact, looking purely at sales numbers and active customer bases surrounding restaurants that focus on serving spicy food.

http://youtu.be/MH7sI5lrAdg

I guess we shouldn't expect much more from a brain that processes the phrase "dat derp" with regularity though.

This isn't League of Legends.
^ this

Flosser your thinly veiled insults towards PvE'rs is laughable at best. Perhaps the "inarguable fact" that most the most popular games are played by the worst and least intelligent of gamers. I mean do you really legitimately believe the LoL and CoD types are playing for intellectual reasons? I think you have "twitch / motor skills" gameplay and "critical thinking" confused.
(that happens to be completely devoid of anything remotely intellectually stimulating)
That is an inarguable fact, looking purely at sales numbers and active player bases surrounding games that focus on having human opponents.

The problem that *I* have with PvP is the effect it has on PvE games. Take WoW for example. The introduction of the Arena in BC spurred a massive amount of PvP specific changes that had repercussions on PvE players. Instead of making two rule-sets they took the lazy route and bandaid changed skills month to month, sometimes screwing PvP, sometimes PvE. Specifically, druid root break and rogue vanish bug. Instead of redoing these skills/interactions, they finally decided (2 expansions later) to outright remove both.

Back to PoE, PvP will only work if there are massive changes to skills / mechanics, otherwise it will be 1-2hit fest and ultimately come down to RPS or "who mis-clicks first". I'm all for the cutthroat league, I'm all for new PvP content, just don't have it effect the PvE side of things.

p.s. Flosser you're more than likely a flavor-of-the-month whoring pub-scrub. Following the most recent OP spec/strat doesn't make you good...and that is exactly what most modern PvP games come down to. (making blind assumptions is fun isn't it)

I have three characters that I play that are above level 60. I'm not sure how having multiple characters is supposed to make it easier for me to trade for gear. Having multiple characters just means I have to do even more trading, which is terrible because the current trading system is absolute garbage.

There's always the flipside: D3.
Decreased drop rates, facilitate trading.

I personally like the crafting system and it is definitely viable and fun to play the game trying to find & craft good gear. You don't have to trade. It's just another aspect of the game.

In D3, you HAVE to trade. Otherwise you're just grinding away, with no foreseeable chance to EVER find anything good.

In games like PoE that focus on gear, I can't take PvP seriously. The more the game focuses on gear, the less I care about PvP. Regardless if it was time or money spent to obtain good gear, it is not an indication of skill, its an indication of investment. It's like someone boasting he's a good racer when driving a viper vs someone driving a civic.

I have no qualms admitting when someone is better than me, but I want a level playing field first. This is why when I want real PvP gaming I go to strategy or FPS games, because those tend to focus more on skill than time/money investment.

I'm not saying PoE doesn't require skill to play either, but in pvp you can't skill your way to victory when you're grossly out geared. If they make some type of internal ranking system that puts you up against people similar to your player capability (combination of skill and gear) it would at least keep me interested for longer, but ever thinking IM BETTER THAN YOU in an unnormalized environment is just silly.

How could you make pvp fun in a game like poe? The maps are way to litle for mas pvp, and most people would get killed in 1 shot. That is not fun pvp, fun pvp is on mmo zone size where you do not get 1 shoted
I disagree. Unlike Diablo 3, PoE seems to keep the damage possibly dealt and the defense you're able to acquire pretty even. In D3 i had 120k dps, and 30k hp. Huge discrpency there. in PoE, i have 2400 combined hp, plus resistances, and only deal 1200 dps with my main move.

I've also played a number of pvp matches already in PoE, and it is not a 1-shot fest, especially if you've played and can compare it to Diablo 3's dueling.
I guess we shouldn't expect much more from a brain that processes the phrase "dat derp" with regularity though.
While i don't really need to get involved in this pissing match, i will say that every time i read or hear someone say "dat derp" i'm pretty a certain number of my brain cells die. :(
There's always the flipside: D3.
Decreased drop rates, facilitate trading.

I personally like the crafting system and it is definitely viable and fun to play the game trying to find & craft good gear. You don't have to trade. It's just another aspect of the game.

In D3, you HAVE to trade. Otherwise you're just grinding away, with no foreseeable chance to EVER find anything good.

^^ Yea that's the alternative, if you're as dumb as blizzard.

PoE could easily have a more automated system (which they ARE planning, just not a global AH), without jacking up the drop rates. Blizzard seemed to think the only way to do it was ONE HUGE AH. As a result they had to nerf the hell out of drop rates. Instead if they divided up the US region into say, 50 different trading zones, they could have left drop rates at a good level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back