Path of Exile

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't see how they're 'hiding' behind anything.

It's just an argument over semantics. They call it beta and continue to release stuff. D3 called it done and continued to release stuff.

It's moreso the fanboys using the beta tag, not the developers. Any time you point out a flaw or are critical in anyway, they feed you the "it's beta" line.

So who's rerolling this week to make a "Cycloner"?

Thinking about it, using 2x claws. I have 9 characters over level 60 and not one of them is a melee.

I'll be making one for sure, although we still don't know any of the particulars of the skill. I'm curious what the default skill looks like though, because I think both the Blue Cyclone and Sawblade Cyclone cosmetic microtransaction versions look pretty stupid.

It's moreso the fanboys using the beta tag, not the developers. Any time you point out a flaw or are critical in anyway, they feed you the "it's beta" line.

Most of us want balancing, fixes and more features/content. I don't see anything wrong with pointing out issues as you see them. It IS Beta, which means we should be providing the most feedback right now. Not "wait until Beta is over to comment".

That said, there are certain ideas that will never be implemented due to the core design vision they have. There will never be a full fledged AH; there will be limited offline transactions, though. The focus will never be on pvp; there will be more pvp options and a cutthroat league. Loot will likely never go instanced; loot timers may be extended. Gold currency will never exist. Etc..

To the devs own credit they do seem to be pumping out changes regularly...

But I'm still waiting for them to add mob health bars / visibility changes / targeting improvements...

To the devs own credit they do seem to be pumping out changes regularly...

But I'm still waiting for them to add mob health bars / visibility changes / targeting improvements...

Mob HP bars would be awesome. So would some dmg numbers, although granted i've gotten used to having none.

And as my final $0.02, i don't care what a developer calls their game as long as they continue to improve it.

In my book regarding dev teams, PoE > D3 due to the rate at which they put out changes. Almost a year since D3 game out, they should have had all the skills and runes to a workable place. Still too many stupid runes and ideas in their 'skilltree' (For instance, the wizard still has two lightening signature moves, and no ice/fire ones. Still no lightening AP spending move...)

So whats every one fav builds to make and play? For me its my duelist bow guy lvl 54 his hp is still a litle low at 2k and he needs more res but his la gmp chian life on hit and faster attacks rapes the whole screen working to pick up more hp and res form the templer part of the tree. I think once he gets some gear whit hp on it he will be ok as he has about 220%hp just no hp gear

grats skizzy... ex navy here.. now with VA

question folks.. does a "increases physical damage +51%" roll on a rare or unique.. apply on top of the listed damage.. like the unique mace im using is 29-54 shown.. but also shows a roll of "+51% physical damage"
or is the listed dmg represent the improvement over the white version of a mace?

If the modifier is on a weapon, it shows on the listed damage.

What about "+90% energy shield"?

Does that addition show on the gear itself, as well as calculate more energy shield after, or what?

I spent nearly all my money yesterday on a new chest (2 exalts lol). It had 190 more energy shield than my old one, as well as the modifier above, and when i put it on i gained 490 energy shield or thereabouts.

A +% energy shield or damage modifier is already applied to a piece of armor/weapon as shown. If the mod is on jewelry (ammy/rings) or something that does not inherently have that stat (%wpn dam on boots for ex) then the mod is applied globally.

A chest with 200ES and a mod of %100 energy shield is a chest with 100ES base that was increased 100%.

That player then puts on an amulet that has "20% increased energy shield" and a ring with "10% increased energy shield" 200 * (0.2+0.1)

They would have a total of 230ES (assuming they had no other es from other sources).

A +% energy shield or damage modifier is already applied to a piece of armor/weapon as shown. If the mod is on jewelry (ammy/rings) or something that does not inherently have that stat (%wpn dam on boots for ex) then the mod is applied globally.

A chest with 200ES and a mod of %100 energy shield is a chest with 100ES base that was increased 100%.

That player then puts on an amulet that has "20% increased energy shield" and a ring with "10% increased energy shield" 200 * (0.2+0.1)

They would have a total of 230ES (assuming they had no other es from other sources).

Cool thanks for the heads up.

What about "+90% energy shield"?

Does that addition show on the gear itself, as well as calculate more energy shield after, or what?

I spent nearly all my money yesterday on a new chest (2 exalts lol). It had 190 more energy shield than my old one, as well as the modifier above, and when i put it on i gained 490 energy shield or thereabouts.

As lil says.

Anyway, nice job on the huge ES upgrade. That makes a big difference. What's your current ES?

As lil says.

Anyway, nice job on the huge ES upgrade. That makes a big difference. What's your current ES?

I probably overpaid, but to me it was worth the upgrade. I gained another link (5), more Chaos resist, more life, and way more energy shield.

sitting at ~1200 HP and ~1700 ES. I can still push that higher with ease as i am wearing ES/ER hybrid boots, and old ES gloves.

with my sword (n actually mace ) and board maura build.. Lightening Strike and Heavy Strike main skills.. Armor remains my main mitigation? or best to add a lil ES lovin to it or ER or a blend of all 3?

with my sword (n actually mace ) and board maura build.. Lightening Strike and Heavy Strike main skills.. Armor remains my main mitigation? or best to add a lil ES lovin to it or ER or a blend of all 3?
Stacking HP nodes, HP equipment, maximum resists and endurance charges are your defense. Armor is garbage comparatively right now due to the exponential scale it uses for mitigation (the more damage the hit you take, the less mitigation it provides). You just want enough armor to mitigate the hits from trash mobs, HP and resists being more important, and using endurance charges while actually in combat.

This will most likely change in the future due to the player feedback, however for now HP stacking is your prime means of defense as a melee char (or actually almost any char for that matter)

Well I made a Duelist using dual sword cleave build. Went thru normal in record time, chaos was tough some times, ranged and the crap servers make it harder than it should, merc I can't get any where. All I heard was you need X gear and X resist, yea like I have tons of gear lying around that are 6 socket linked with all those pretty colors and you need the jewelery that I have NEVER seen bla bla bla.

mele is a pitta in this game unless they redo it all patching aint going to fix it. There are too many things a caster never sees or cares about compared to mele and the attack does not work like any game I have ever seen, there are distance things that IF you are X distance you auto attack instead of using your selected skills and with the lag and poor servers it just makes it a LOT harder then it should be. Pretty much you are playing the server and their code more than the mobs.

And the 30% Loh nerf didn't help my ranger any he cant tank mobs as good and has to run away a lot more. I dont see why they chnaged loh as it didn't work on spells only atacks. My bm fast atack ranger needs alls the loh he can get to tank ranged and spell mobs. Whers my fp templer does so much more damge that life leach works well on him

thanks for the info and feedback.. Ill continue to stack HP and resists...

I know melee is gimp.... hoping to get it to cruel, and maybe park for a while... I am at Piety tonight.. highest toon Ive gotten so far..

Well Cyclone is out and about but I haven't found one / gotten one as a quest reward yet.

Yeah it's a lvl 24 skill at the earliest:

Added Cyclone (which is level 24) to the quest rewards for the Marauder, Duelist and Templar (at the Normal difficulty "Lost in Love" quest), the Shadow (Cruel difficulty Hillock quest) and the Ranger (Cruel difficulty Brutus quest).

Where can i find more information about this Armor mitigation stuff? Why would they let you stack armor passives (there are quite a few) if it gets less effective?

well either they need a loh for caster and one for mele or again they are total fail.

IFthey ever get this out of beta what are their plans for the game?

IFthey ever get this out of beta what are their plans for the game?

From what I understand they'll probably stop supporting this game and start work on PoE2, to be released the following year.

Missed the joke?

I heard the opposite, they're taking out orbs of regret and making gem sockets permanent. They don't want to hold your hand, this game is HARDCORE ONLY. :)

I heard they were going to introduce NPC's that hunt you and kill you if you're inactive for more than 3 minutes.

Two things from the patch notes of note other than cyclone:
-Added doors to Vaal Pyramid Zone type
Fuuuuuuuuu Doors are extremely annoying
-Gems will now show "superior" if they have +% quality
Yay!

I heard they were going to introduce NPC's that hunt you and kill you if you're inactive for more than 3 minutes.

I love that idea :D

Have you all grouped with a Mage Summoner? Every other party I get in has some character with 60 trillion zombies. I just stand around and watch because I can not target anything. Drives me up a wall and down the other side.

Have you all grouped with a Mage Summoner? Every other party I get in has some character with 60 trillion zombies. I just stand around and watch because I can not target anything. Drives me up a wall and down the other side.

LOL.. go go infinite army of mindless minions! kinda like working here, right Rasser? :eek:

Then you don't understand crap.

sarcasm01.jpg

I have a witch summoner that I purposely don't group with because it is annoying. I can have 7 zombies, 12 skeletons and 2 spectre's. I peaked at level 53ish with that build, because I am having problems with act bosses. They can kill my mindless group in one or two hits...

Two things from the patch notes of note other than cyclone:
-Added doors to Vaal Pyramid Zone type
Fuuuuuuuuu Doors are extremely annoying
-Gems will now show "superior" if they have +% quality
Yay!

What's wrong with doors? It will at least keep the groups from spilling into eachother. That place can be rough.

What's wrong with doors? It will at least keep the groups from spilling into eachother. That place can be rough.

Yep, it's good for those who kills mob as they clear the map. Might be a problem if one is running through the map just to get to Vaal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back