Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen ~ Challenging Epic Planar High Fantasy MMORPG

bigdogchris

Fully [H]
I enjoyed last nights stream. Obviously a lot of balancing left because the Shaman heals are way OP right now, 2 ticks and he was back to full health. I don't see how a HoT that heals that good initially is balanced with say a 1 time heal from a Cleric that may be a CH but doesn't get the reoccurring ticks.

I do wish Pantheon would drop the acclimation system and just go with regular resist. I also wish they would just find a better balance between the perception system and normal questing, and find some type of middle ground and combine the two. It seems like these two items are not really going to make or break the game and the time spent developing them should be better spent on crafting and such.

bigdogchris

Fully [H]
This game looks worse than WoW back in 2007 and it's not even out yet.
Curious what "looks worse" to you and your friend tunatime? Just so you know the zone they are showing here is gray box/unfinished.

Here's a link for nearly finished work.

Scoobydo2

n00b
Graphics mean nothing in an mmo. It's about the gameplay and social dynamics which make these things succeed or fail. Personally I'm looking for a non button mashing mmo that is more 'hard core' compared to what's out there. WoW was a snooze fest for me and bored me to tears. Pantheon I'm keeping an eye on but unsure atm.

RanceJustice

Supreme [H]ardness
Everything is part of a spectrum. Fast paced combat can often degenerate into quick clicking circle-strafe type gameplay, which feels active but actually gives players less opportunity to plan for different strategies and respond. A slower pace - including one with a GCD; global cooldown that's longer - means more potential for tactical play, complexity, and player response. For insatance, being able to see a monster telegraph their spell, identify it and where it will land, then decide which of your tools to use to counter that (do you move out of the way? Do you use one of your interrupts knowing they're a limited resource? Do you use some other mechanic), can lead to more innovative cooperative gameplay dynamics vs simply having someone else mash buttons in sequence.

Nebell

[H]ard|Gawd
Curious what "looks worse" to you and your friend tunatime? Just so you know the zone they are showing here is gray box/unfinished.

Here's a link for nearly finished work.

Look at the character models. They look pretty bad.
I hate smeared, low quality textures.

There has been this push last 5 or so years for pixelated and 2005 graphics, which I absolutely hate. I won't support lazy graphical design.
And people should start boycotting games like this. I get it, MMOs are in a rough position. It's hard to break through and games are made with worse graphics to appeal to more customers.
I mean look at it, WoW is the only sub MMORPG that has survived (another game that needs a graphical upgrade). But it's almost 2021. Upgrade the visuals or GTFO. I ain't playing a game that looks like it's made 10 years ago. I did that 10 years ago.

Last edited: